Remember me
▼ Content

About the damage that Obama did to science.

Page 2 of 5<1234>>>
27-11-2019 10:55
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Etiquette means keeping up with our evolving words and symbols.
...YOU that is racist.
Of course I am and I struggle not to be. It's not easy.

This issue of etiquette is a larger issue though. Are there BS chips on shoulders where people are looking to be offended and they should not be indulged? sure.

Is calling someone who is mixed race or multi-ethic a mulatto an example? No.

First of all we chose to argue here. You call ME a racist. That's fine. If you knew where I was from and called my whole home town racists that would not be cool, they didn't start anything with you.

I might meet some people from England and call them "Brits" and that would be fine and dandy. I might meet some people from Japan and call them "Japs" and it would not be OK at all. Why? Because one person does not define a word. Words have history from their use. "Jap" is a racial slur because of how it's been used since WWII (probably before).

Again it's just manners. Some of us had better parents than others but we can all try.

It should not be illegal to talk like a a-hole but that doesn't mean you should do it.
27-11-2019 18:49
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Etiquette means keeping up with our evolving words and symbols.
...YOU that is racist.
Of course I am and I struggle not to be. It's not easy.

Your problem.
tmiddles wrote:
This issue of etiquette is a larger issue though.

Is this why you are so rude?
tmiddles wrote:
Are there BS chips on shoulders where people are looking to be offended

Yup. You're one of them.
tmiddles wrote:
First of all we chose to argue here. You call ME a racist. That's fine.

Apparently it is not with you, else you would not be writing this post of yours.
tmiddles wrote:
If you knew where I was from and called my whole home town racists that would not be cool, they didn't start anything with you.

If you called your whole town racist, that would be bigotry. Whether I am having a conversation with any of them is irrelevant.
tmiddles wrote:
I might meet some people from England and call them "Brits" and that would be fine and dandy.

They call themselves that.
tmiddles wrote:
I might meet some people from Japan and call them "Japs" and it would not be OK at all. Why?

Because it's not their language. The word 'Japs' has no meaning at all. They also have no problem calling you a geijin in a derogatory way.
tmiddles wrote:
Because one person does not define a word.

One person can easily define a word. The word 'fascism' was coined by Mussolini. The word 'nazi' was coined by Adolf Hitler.

How about YOU define some words? Try defining 'climate change' or 'global warming'.
tmiddles wrote:
Words have history from their use.

Yes they do. You deny that history.
tmiddles wrote:
"Jap" is a racial slur because of how it's been used since WWII (probably before).

Nope. It is not a racial slur at all. You are denying the history of WW2.
tmiddles wrote:
Again it's just manners.

Which you also deny. You are rude.
tmiddles wrote:
Some of us had better parents than others but we can all try.

You can't blame your problems on your parents. That is rude. Your problems are YOUR problems.
tmiddles wrote:
It should not be illegal to talk like a a-hole but that doesn't mean you should do it.

Than stop talking like an a-hole.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-11-2019 20:41
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:...Because it's not their language. The word 'Japs' has no meaning at all. They also ....Nope. It is not a racial slur at all. You are denying the history of WW2.
Words are defined by people was my point. Calling someone a "Jap" is a racial slur by any definition. Please don't degrade entire groups of people who never chose to speak with you at all ITN. Don't call people Mulatto, no one want's to be called that and when you call one person who's mixed race a "Mulatto" you are committing an act of bigotry against all mixed race people. It's legal for you to do it. No one should actively stop you. But you really shouldn't do it because it's lame.
28-11-2019 12:54
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:...Because it's not their language. The word 'Japs' has no meaning at all. They also ....Nope. It is not a racial slur at all. You are denying the history of WW2.
Words are defined by people was my point.
No, your point is that you are offended.
tmiddles wrote:
Calling someone a "Jap" is a racial slur by any definition.
No, it isn't.
tmiddles wrote:
Please don't degrade entire groups of people who never chose to speak with you at all ITN.
I speak with the Japanese all the time.
tmiddles wrote:
Don't call people Mulatto, no one want's to be called that
Argument from randU fallacy. You don't get to speak for everyone. You only get to speak for you.
tmiddles wrote:
and when you call one person who's mixed race a "Mulatto" you are committing an act of bigotry against all mixed race people.
Fallacy fallacy. The only one offended here is you.
tmiddles wrote:
It's legal for you to do it. No one should actively stop you. But you really shouldn't do it because it's lame.

The only offended here is you.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
28-11-2019 16:19
Third world guy
★☆☆☆☆
(88)
I am still waiting for someone to tell me what the genetic mixture of a black and a white person is called 'politely and without racial prejudice'.

It seems that the people of this forum enjoy reaching dead spots, and leaving the debates unfinished and distorted.

The climate issue is not really discussed here, but rather it is a struggle of personalities.

There are three kinds of climate change: that generated by natural factors; that generated by man; and that generated by economic interests.
28-11-2019 21:14
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Third world guy wrote:
I am still waiting for someone to tell me what the genetic mixture of a black and a white person is called 'politely and without racial prejudice'.

It seems that the people of this forum enjoy reaching dead spots, and leaving the debates unfinished and distorted.

The climate issue is not really discussed here, but rather it is a struggle of personalities.

Mixed race if you have to bring attention to it, which you didn't.

IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
28-11-2019 22:11
Third world guy
★☆☆☆☆
(88)

Mixed race is for every kind of races: mexicans and japaneses, chines and whites, slaves and indians.

What I ask is for a name for black and whites, just as Obama.

Someone else is not paying attention.

There are three kinds of climate change: that generated by natural factors; that generated by man; and that generated by economic interests.
Edited on 28-11-2019 22:16
29-11-2019 06:30
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Third world guy wrote:What I ask is for a name for black and whites, just as Obama.

All I'm asking for is the biologocal test that determines if someone is "black" and the biological test that determines if someone is "white."

If you tell me those then I'll immediately be able to give you the correct biological name you seek.

[there is no such thing as race]

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
29-11-2019 14:35
Third world guy
★☆☆☆☆
(88)
IBdaMann wrote:

All I'm asking for is the biologocal test that determines if someone is "black" and the biological test that determines if someone is "white."

If you tell me those then I'll immediately be able to give you the correct biological name you seek.

Thousands of years before we talked about genetics, there were already races, each with quite definite characteristics.

A few decades ago, when DNA is discovered and the human genome develops, some important consequences were drawn on the races, but whites still have white skin and blacks still have brown skin.

Linguistics (the need of man to be understood through language) is prior to genetic science, and since it exists, there were already mixtures of races.

The genetic tests you ask me are from the 20th century (or the 21st century), so I ask you:

Before that, what was the name of the people born as a mixture of black and white?

My third world country has (among others) white race and black race. There are mixtures between these two, and we know them in Spanish as 'mulatos', without this being an offensive word.

That same word must exist in English. If mulatto is offensive, there must be some other word.

29-11-2019 20:08
(21588)
Third world guy wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Thousands of years before we talked about genetics, there were already races, each with quite definite characteristics.

That's talking about genetics. It doesn't matter if it's today or thousands of years ago.
Third world guy wrote:
A few decades ago, when DNA is discovered and the human genome develops, some important consequences were drawn on the races, but whites still have white skin and blacks still have brown skin.

The discovery of DNA made no difference to genetics. It simply found a mechanism for it.
Third world guy wrote:
Linguistics (the need of man to be understood through language)

No, linquistics is the study of languages, not the need for man to be understood.
Third world guy wrote:
is prior to genetic science, and since it exists, there were already mixtures of races.

Science isn't genetic. Theories of science about genetics is certainly useful, but it did not appear in modern times.
Third world guy wrote:
The genetic tests you ask me are from the 20th century (or the 21st century), so I ask you:

Before that, what was the name of the people born as a mixture of black and white?

My third world country has (among others) white race and black race. There are mixtures between these two, and we know them in Spanish as 'mulatos', without this being an offensive word.

And that's fine. It does not, however, have anything to do with science.
Third world guy wrote:
That same word must exist in English.

It is, and in the same way. The etymology of the word stems from Latin (and Spanish).
Third world guy wrote:
If mulatto is offensive, there must be some other word.

There isn't. The problem here is the appearance of another language, which I call 'Liberal'. It looks a lot like English, but the meanings of words have changed, and many words have no definition at all.

In Liberal, the words 'black', 'white', 'red', 'yellow', 'mulatto', 'European', 'indian', the names of several nations, etc are 'offensive' and 'racism'.

Liberal also defines 'religion' and 'science' as the same thing, and 'data' and 'science' as the same thing. It also defines 'religion' as 'proof', and 'fact' as 'universal truth' and is often conflated with 'proof'.

Words and phrases with no meaning at all include 'climate change', 'global warming', and 'greenhouse effect'.

Oddly enough, it is possible to worship something that has no meaning or definition.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2019 05:28
(3979)
Third world guy wrote:

Currently saying the following isn't considered rude:
Mixed Race
Bi-Racial
Mixed
Multi-ethnic

But of course there isn't really a point in talking about someones race at all.

spot wrote:
Said it better than I could there spot.

Third world guy wrote:
What I ask is for a name for black and whites, just as Obama.
You just did it! You say they have a white and a black parent. Same way you talk about the ethnic background of anyone.

There WAS a special word for it, "Mulatto" which is derived from the Spanish word for Mule (offspring of a Donkey and a Horse) for obvious reasons. It was a slur people no longer use.
30-11-2019 05:49
(14389)
Third world guy wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Nope. That's genetics ... but you EVADED my question. All I'm asking for is the biologocal test that determines if someone is "black" and the biological test that determines if someone is "white." If you tell me those then I'll immediately be able to give you the correct biological name you seek.

Third world guy wrote: A few decades ago, when DNA is discovered and the human genome develops, some important consequences were drawn on the races, but whites still have white skin and blacks still have brown skin.

You never went to school, did you? The discipline of genetics completely obliterated the notion of races. Even as far back as Darwin (and yes, even earlier) it was clear that there were species and characteristics. Humans are of the same species so there are only millions upon millions of characteristics determined by our individual genetic codes. There are no races.

Third world guy wrote:The genetic tests you ask me are from the 20th century (or the 21st century),

So what are you claiming they are? What are these tests? I want to run them on myself to see if I am black, white, ... is there one for Asian? ... what are the "races" anyway? Is there an official list? Is the IPCC in charge of that? Is it in their 2013 Report? What are the tests?

Third world guy wrote: Before that, what was the name of the people born as a mixture of black and white?

Outcast?

Third world guy wrote: My third world country has (among others) white race and black race. There are mixtures between these two, and we know them in Spanish as 'mulatos', without this being an offensive word.

Claro. Tampoco es ninguna ofensa llamar a mi negra. La puedo llamar media guayaba aunqué no es ninguna fruta.

La respuesta es que sí, la palabra correcta es "mulato."

¿Oye como va mi ritmo? Es bueno pa' goza', mulata.

Pregunta: ¿Cómo se dice "straw" (para beber) en tu país?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
30-11-2019 05:51
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
...I'm asking for is the biologocal test that determines if someone is "black" and the biological test that determines if someone is "white."
It's a social definition not a genetic one.
30-11-2019 06:02
(14389)
tmiddles wrote: It's a social definition not a genetic one.

Absolutely, and a political one.

You and I agree on this. There is no such thing as a biological "race" therefore it is stupid to refer to someone by a political pidgeon-hole.

30-11-2019 06:11
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:...it is stupid to refer to someone by a political pidgeon-hole.

Oh we do not agree at all.

It's easy for white guys to say it's meaningless for someone to be identified as black, or a woman, or Muslim, or any other socially generalized grouping.

But the reality is that they are.

Wishful thinking doesn't make something go away.

ITN is proof of that going out of his way to label Obama a "Mulatto". No one talks about the race of any other president of course or where the parents were born. It's just not a topic if you're all white in the eyes of society.

If you're a woman they will go out of their way to rate how attractive you are or are not. If you're a man you can be Jabba the Hut ugly (mitch mcconnell) and no one mentions it.

You can say it would be nice if society didn't have elements within it that did that but it does.

Just because something happens due to subjective actions doesn't mean it's not real.
30-11-2019 06:40
(14389)
tmiddles wrote: It's easy for white guys to say it's meaningless for someone to be identified as black, or a woman, or Muslim, or any other socially generalized grouping.

How does one know if one is white or black? How can I tell what I am?

tmiddles wrote: ITN is proof of that going out of his way to label Obama a "Mulatto".

I read the same posts and there was no "going out of his way." Did you read my post? Why do you think the song lyrics are "¿Oye cómo va mi ritmo? Bueno pa' gozar mulata." It's an extremely popular song with many versions, and none are offensive. But why do you think that word was used in writing the lyrics? Do you think that the original author invented that word?

tmiddles wrote: No one talks about the race of any other president of course or where the parents were born.

Are you speaking for everyone else again?

tmiddles wrote: It's just not a topic if you're all white in the eyes of society.

Which society? Malema's society?

tmiddles wrote: If you're a woman they will go out of their way to rate how attractive you are or are not.

Wait, are you saying that human nature, i.e. men noticing attractive women or noticing that a woman is unattractive, is somehow a bad thing?

tmiddles wrote: If you're a man you can be Jabba the Hut ugly (mitch mcconnell) and no one mentions it.

... because women (statistically speaking) will be more attracted to that fat, rich Jabba than to the poor, handome loser. Women are just as superficial as men at the base level.

So you are basically arguing the Marxist party line, i.e. that we need deny human nature because it is bad, as opposed to building a society based on human nature. Your line of reasoning isn't going to take you very far.

30-11-2019 06:49
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:...it is stupid to refer to someone by a political pidgeon-hole.

Oh we do not agree at all.

It's easy for white guys to say it's meaningless for someone to be identified as black, or a woman, or Muslim, or any other socially generalized grouping.

But the reality is that they are.

Paradox. Which is it, dude?
tmiddles wrote:
Wishful thinking doesn't make something go away.

Denying a paradox doesn't make it go away either. Feel like clearing any of them?
tmiddles wrote:
ITN is proof of that going out of his way to label Obama a "Mulatto".

No, YOU are. Inversion fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
No one talks about the race of any other president of course or where the parents were born.

No? What about calling Trump 'orange man'?
tmiddles wrote:
It's just not a topic if you're all white in the eyes of society.

If you're a woman they will go out of their way to rate how attractive you are or are not. If you're a man you can be Jabba the Hut ugly (mitch mcconnell) and no one mentions it.

I can tell you have never heard women describe how ugly you are.
tmiddles wrote:
You can say it would be nice if society didn't have elements within it that did that but it does.

Just because something happens due to subjective actions doesn't mean it's not real.

Define 'real'.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2019 07:47
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
Remember that song "Old man river" it's from an old play and movie about a couple that can't get married. You see Julie "looks" white but she's considered to a "mulatto" by the government of Mississippi. Now you can all the government of Mississippi's opinion "subjective", you could even say it doesn't matter and we should look past it. Just hard to do if you were Julie in Mississippi.

You can pretend these issues don't exist. Most Trump folks do.

Carry on.
30-11-2019 17:59
(14389)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Remember that song "Old man river" it's from an old play and movie about a couple that can't get married. You see Julie "looks" white but she's considered to a "mulatto" by the government of Mississippi. Now you can all the government of Mississippi's opinion "subjective", you could even say it doesn't matter and we should look past it. Just hard to do if you were Julie in Mississippi.

Carry on.

You aren't EVADING my question, are you?

IBdaMann wrote: How does one know if one is white or black? How can I tell what I am?

30-11-2019 20:34
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
its a social designation. Other people will regard you as a "white guy". You can take issue with this and I hope you do. You might consider yourself to be a "white guy", up to you.

Your pretense that youre somehow on the right side of the issue by pretending that because a problem should not exist it therefore does not exist is just lazy and lame.

You want to erase any responsibility for dealing with this by saying that the issue is, as always, disqualified from consideration.

Particulary as TRUMP is the most supportive leader of racist groups in our lifetimes.
30-11-2019 20:51
(14389)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
its a social designation. Other people will regard you as a "white guy". You can take issue with this and I hope you do. You might consider yourself to be a "white guy", up to you.

So I'm not "black." How did you render this assessment? So if I perform the same assessment that you performed, it will arrive at the same designation of "white" yes?

How do I perform this test? I am asking you how I can determine for myself.

IBdaMann wrote: Your pretense that youre somehow on the right side of the issue by pretending that because a problem should not exist it therefore does not exist is just lazy and lame.

Is this today's attack on me based on the position you have assigned to me? As I recall, I simply asked you to answer a question that you are EVADING.

Is that the pattern? .. i.e. You believe that assigning a bogus position to me is an effective means to distracting attention away from your EVASION? Is that the deal?

How do I determine if I am "black" or "white"? Are there any other possibilities that I might need to check?

IBdaMann wrote: Particulary as TRUMP is the most supportive leader of racist groups in our lifetimes.

Leftists shouting "RACISM." Apparently you never got the memo that no one is listening to that anymore. The left owns racism and slavery and bigotry and no one but those on the gullible left fall for the ruse that it's somehow the right that does all that.

Hey, am I a racist? I'm a conservative. That's got to make at least somewhat of a racist, right?

Too funny.

30-11-2019 21:38
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
How do I perform this test?

How do you perform a racial perception test:
Others will do that for you as I said.

Social perception isnt optional by the way.

You may wish others defined you differently than they do but that doesnt mean its not an issue and somehow goes away.

And its about A LOT more than race.

TRUMP's call for a Muslim ban for example is not based on race.

Now someone who happens to be Muslim may think it's no one elses business to define them that way. Too bad! You have to deal with it. We should help each other out.
01-12-2019 04:56
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
My younger son, who I spoke of earlier, has 4 of his buddies over tonight. One of them happens to have a black dad and white mom. I grilled some chops for dinner, and when we were eating, I asked about the term "mulatto". I honestly had not heard of it till this thread. He said he had heard it but didn't consider it offensive.

A short time late the same kid accidentally spilled his drink. I jumped up a yelled "stupid mulatto!"
The kid just about peed his pants he was laughing so hard!
I love those guys!
01-12-2019 05:03
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
My younger son, who I spoke of earlier, has 4 of his buddies over tonight. One of them happens to have a black dad and white mom. I grilled some chops for dinner, and when we were eating, I asked about the term "mulatto". I honestly had not heard of it till this thread. He said he had heard it but didn't consider it offensive.

A short time late the same kid accidentally spilled his drink. I jumped up a yelled "stupid mulatto!"
I love those guys!

He probably pissed his pants because of a Niger hater like you
It's sad that you mentioned it in here You should apologize to him. He's obviously afraid of you. Kind of why I make an issue of my being a Norwegian American, I'm white, I can say racism.
01-12-2019 05:07
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

I love those guys!

It's sad that you mentioned it in here You should apologize to him. He's obviously afraid of you. Kind of why I make an issue of my being a Norwegian American, I'm white, I can say racism.

Point is, life is great when you choose to not be offended. You should try it James.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
01-12-2019 05:10
(14389)
James___ wrote:He probably pissed his pants because of a Niger hater like you

GasGuzzler hates Niger? Is it because they speak French? There's a reason you have to get a lot of shots before you go there.

James___ wrote: It's sad that you mentioned it in here You should apologize to him. He's obviously afraid of you. Kind of why I make an issue of my being a Norwegian American, I'm white, I can say racism.

Once again, I'm having a bit of trouble parsing your words. Are they ultimately supposed to form a linear message?

01-12-2019 05:29
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

GasGuzzler hates Niger? Is it because they speak French? There's a reason you have to get a lot of shots before you go there.

James___ wrote: It's sad that you mentioned it in here You should apologize to him. He's obviously afraid of you. Kind of why I make an issue of my being a Norwegian American, I'm white, I can say racism.

Once again, I'm having a bit of trouble parsing your words. Are they ultimately supposed to form a linear message?

Why are you speaking for a grown man? Your words are mere fragments which others doth not comprehend.
01-12-2019 06:51
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:

Ha! I don't hate it but definitely not on my top 5 vacation list.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
01-12-2019 08:23
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Point is, life is great when you choose to not be offended.

Let us know what his parents say.

Maybe you should open a daycare where you just try name calling out on kids to toughen them up.

It's actually not a "big deal". Most people deal with some intentional rudeness every day. There is nothing wrong with someone sticking up for themselves.

If you called me a racial mule, the meaning of mulatto, i would be offended. If you told me you'd decided for me that I should be cool with it, that would be even ruder.

Sadly there is a really sick movement to enforce New Speak straight out of Orwells 1984. So someone would try to destroy you socially for a slip up.

That being wrong doesnt make rudness anything less lame.
01-12-2019 08:33
(14389)
tmiddles wrote:If you called me a racial mule, the meaning of mulatto, i would be offended. If you told me you'd decided for me that I should be cool with it, that would be even ruder.

Let's see if that's true.

tmiddles, you are a racial mule.

[pause]

tmiddles, did you have a meltdown?

01-12-2019 08:54
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:If you called me a racial mule, the meaning of mulatto, i would be offended. If you told me you'd decided for me that I should be cool with it, that would be even ruder.

[pause]

You continue to dismiss approriate anger as somehow shameful.

You know thats rude
01-12-2019 17:12
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Point is, life is great when you choose to not be offended.

Let us know what his parents say.

It was honestly one of the biggest outbursts of laughter I've ever seen out of this bunch, so there's a fair chance I'll get some feedback.

I know the parents pretty well. We've hung out a few times socially and at football games. They are good people. The dad is an extremely accomplished wind turbine technician and the mom works at a law firm.

They are not stupid so I highly doubt they will instruct their son to be offended.

It is people like you that wish to keep racism alive. Where would the DNC be without it?

01-12-2019 20:18
(14389)
GasGuzzler wrote:It is people like you that wish to keep racism alive. Where would the DNC be without it?

Don't be surprised if tmiddles is too far to the left to care about the DNC.

02-12-2019 10:53
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
It is people like you that wish to keep racism alive.
So you don't think it's alive and well?
02-12-2019 17:08
(14389)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
It is people like you that wish to keep racism alive.
So you don't think it's alive and well?

It is, because people like you keep it alive and well.

02-12-2019 19:36
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Carry on.

Word salad. Try English. It works better.

The Parrot Killer

02-12-2019 19:38
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
How do I perform this test?

How do you perform a racial perception test:
Others will do that for you as I said.

Social perception isnt optional by the way.

You may wish others defined you differently than they do but that doesnt mean its not an issue and somehow goes away.

And its about A LOT more than race.

TRUMP's call for a Muslim ban for example is not based on race.

Now someone who happens to be Muslim may think it's no one elses business to define them that way. Too bad! You have to deal with it. We should help each other out.

Trump never called for a ban in Muslims or on Islam in any way.

The Parrot Killer

02-12-2019 19:41
(21588)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

I love those guys!

What does Nigeria have to do with this story at all?
James___ wrote:

You don't need to be from Norway to say 'racism'.

The Parrot Killer

02-12-2019 19:43
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

[pause]

You know thats rude

To IBDaMann: guess he had a meltdown. Nice Q.E.D.

The Parrot Killer

02-12-2019 19:47
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

[pause]

You know thats rude

To IBDaMann: guess he had a meltdown. Nice Q.E.D.

You guys are so funny.

IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
Page 2 of 5<1234>>>

Join the debate About the damage that Obama did to science.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The History of Science119-04-2024 21:51
There is still no Global Warming science.38728-02-2024 23:50
A Science Test1809-12-2023 00:53
Magic or Science706-12-2023 00:29
Science and Atmospheric Chemistry625-11-2023 20:55
Articles
Barack Obama: Securing Our Energy Future
Barack Obama: Energy Independence and the Safety of Our Planet
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact