Remember me
▼ Content

A simple question about "climate change"...

A simple question about "climate change"...12-05-2022 22:19
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
If all weather is "climate change", then is any weather "climate change"?
12-05-2022 23:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
As I remarked in my earlier thread about basic dogma, the term 'climate change' is just a synonym for 'global warming'. It came into general use when the Church of Global Warming realized fewer people were listening to their message anymore. Some are trying out phrases like 'climate catastrophe', 'climate crisis', 'climate destruction' or other Doomsday sounding synonyms.

Weather is made up of a set of values, including temperature, wind speed and direction, precipitation, humidity, air stability, barometric pressure, cloud cover, cloud height, cloud type, positions and movements of fronts, and similar values. If any one of them changes, the weather has changed. Obviously, the weather is constantly changing.

Climate is a subjective description of prevailing conditions. It has no values associated with it. A desert climate will always be a desert climate. A marine climate will always be a marine climate. The is no global climate. Earth is made up of many climates.

There is no global weather either.
13-05-2022 02:48
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)
Into the Night wrote:
As I remarked in my earlier thread about basic dogma, the term 'climate change' is just a synonym for 'global warming'. It came into general use when the Church of Global Warming realized fewer people were listening to their message anymore. Some are trying out phrases like 'climate catastrophe', 'climate crisis', 'climate destruction' or other Doomsday sounding synonyms.

Weather is made up of a set of values, including temperature, wind speed and direction, precipitation, humidity, air stability, barometric pressure, cloud cover, cloud height, cloud type, positions and movements of fronts, and similar values. If any one of them changes, the weather has changed. Obviously, the weather is constantly changing.

Climate is a subjective description of prevailing conditions. It has no values associated with it. A desert climate will always be a desert climate. A marine climate will always be a marine climate. The is no global climate. Earth is made up of many climates.

... but what about the global biogeoclimate? That's not weather and I'm sure it's totally defined ... but you should ask my preacher for that definition because he expresses it so much better than I do. I bet squeal over can tell us what it is.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-05-2022 03:41
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

... but what about the global biogeoclimate? That's not weather and I'm sure it's totally defined ... but you should ask my preacher for that definition because he expresses it so much better than I do. I bet squeal over can tell us what it is.

The global biogeoclimate is definitely a result of ATE... This is what we know, and because of this, Earth is unpresedentedly warmer than it otherwise would be. Climate crisis might be a hard sell to deniers, but the conspiracy theorist science deniers are uneducated and refuse to follow the science by listening to the experts. The majority of scientists say that science is a democracy.
13-05-2022 06:23
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
gfm7175 wrote:
majority of scientists say that science is a democracy.

Close, but not quite. Science is an oligarchy and look no farther than Fauci. He IS science. How do you guys not know this stuff?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
RE: If King Louis just said "I REPRESENT the state"...13-05-2022 06:32
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Close, but not quite. Science is an oligarchy and look no farther than Fauci. He IS science. How do you guys not know this stuff?

Sometimes the trolliest troll will troll a thread that he did not start himself.

I'm pretty sure that Fauci said, "I represent science".

Old King Louis said (translated), "I AM the state."

Some people weren't cool with that.

If King Louis just said, "I represent the state"...

It would have been a true statement that would have pissed fewer people off.
13-05-2022 16:12
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Is that what 97% of biogeochemicalpaleoclimatologists say?
13-05-2022 16:19
(3314)
squeal over's sock wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Sometimes the trolliest troll will troll a thread that he did not start himself.

Indeed, and that appears to be why you are here right now.

squeal over's sock wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Fauci said, "I represent science".

Nope. He said, and I quote, "attacks on me are, quite frankly, attacks on science". So, in extension, he is claiming that he is science.
13-05-2022 17:47
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Bingo! If there is consensus amongst the majority within the scientific community, then it is what we know.

Keep the faith buddy. As long as we BELIEVE the earth is warming, then we all know it to be thettled thience.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
13-05-2022 18:00
(14377)
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

I don't think you fully appreciate the immense level of political effort required to coordinate the claim of a 97% consensus. Sometimes only 84% really exists ... or 40% ... or 23% ... or 7% ... or 2% ... or 1% ... OK, there never really is any consensus, so you see my point. In order to put all the pieces into place to claim a 97% consensus, well, that kind of Herculean effort should not be summarily dismissed as you just did. You have to give credit where credit is due. How many chocolate chip cookies do you think mom had to bring down to the basement?

I think you owe someone a genuine apology.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-05-2022 21:09
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

I don't think you fully appreciate the immense level of political effort required to coordinate the claim of a 97% consensus. Sometimes only 84% really exists ... or 40% ... or 23% ... or 7% ... or 2% ... or 1% ... OK, there never really is any consensus, so you see my point. In order to put all the pieces into place to claim a 97% consensus, well, that kind of Herculean effort should not be summarily dismissed as you just did. You have to give credit where credit is due. How many chocolate chip cookies do you think mom had to bring down to the basement?

You are 97% wrong.
We know from studies conducted at the Berkeley school of biogeosociology that snarcasm is strongly linked to a$sholes. It is YOU IBdaMann who wears the king of snarcasm crown.

You have been generously snarky with James, Swan, and squeal over. 3 out of 3 is 100% consensus dude. Margin of error is ZERO, and everyone knows what you are.

Edited on 13-05-2022 21:12
13-05-2022 21:44
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

I genuinely apologize. My bad.

I meant to say biogeochemicalpaleoherbophysioastrosociozooloclimatologists.

Again, my bad.
Edited on 13-05-2022 21:49
13-05-2022 21:55
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Bingo! If there is consensus amongst the majority within the scientific community, then it is what we know.

Keep the faith buddy. As long as we BELIEVE the earth is warming, then we all know it to be thettled thience.

It's actually "thettled thienth". You missed a lisp.

An understandable error for those who aren't lispy liberals.
13-05-2022 22:18
(14377)
GasGuzzler wrote:You are 97% wrong.

I prefer to focus on the other 3%.

GasGuzzler wrote: 3 out of 3 is 100% consensus dude.

I thought I was batting 1.000

GasGuzzler wrote:Margarine of error is ZERO,.

13-05-2022 22:25
(14377)
gfm7175 wrote:I meant to say biogeochemicalpaleoherbophysioastrosociozooloclimatologists

Typo. It's biogeochemicalpaleoherbophysioastrasociozooloclimatologists
13-05-2022 23:09
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:I meant to say biogeochemicalpaleoherbophysioastrosociozooloclimatologists

Typo. It's biogeochemicalpaleoherbophysioastrasociozooloclimatologists

Whoops. Thank you for the correction.

Join the debate A simple question about "climate change"...:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
12V DC motor question2418-02-2024 23:24
Just one simple question3925-10-2023 02:31
General Question in General Forum.15818-06-2023 10:00
Honest Question for Christians10229-12-2022 16:57
Question for Fauci and Rand Paul about covid 19. Sir's are there any classified files on covid 191802-12-2022 13:48
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact