Remember me
▼ Content

A More Dangerous World

A More Dangerous World03-01-2020 22:30
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
PARIS (AP) — Global powers warned Friday that the American airstrike responsible for killing Iran's top general made the world more dangerous and that escalation could set the entire Mideast aflame. Some U.S. allies suggested Iran shared in the blame by provoking the attack.

The deaths of Gen. Qassem Soleimani and associates drew immediate cries for revenge from Tehran and a chorus of appeals from other countries for reduced tensions between Iran and the United States. As U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called world capitals to defend the attack, diplomats scrambled to chart a way forward.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-dangerous-world-iran-killing-102124110.html
03-01-2020 23:04
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14407)
James___ wrote: PARIS (AP) — Global powers warned Friday

Let me guess ... it was tmiddles, am I right?

James___ wrote: ... that the American airstrike responsible for killing Iran's top general made the world more dangerous

Does anyone see a problem with such a statement being issued by cowards who don't want to be identified?

James___ wrote: and that escalation could set the entire Mideast aflame.

Does anyone see the problem with such a statement that doesn't seem to realize that the airstrike ENDED the matter? ... that there won't be any "escalation."

James___ wrote: Some U.S. allies suggested Iran shared in the blame by provoking the attack.

Does anyone find it odd to refer to "financing and shielding a murderous enemy" as "sharing in the blame"?

James___ wrote: The deaths of Gen. Qassem Soleimani and associates drew immediate cries for revenge from Tehran

... and this is news how? ... and this was unanticipated in what manner? The number of people outside Iran who care could fit in what size carboard box?

James___ wrote: and a chorus of appeals from other countries for reduced tensions between Iran and the United States.

That's funny, that chorus didn't have the microphone turned on apparently.

James___ wrote: As U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called world capitals to defend the attack, diplomats scrambled to chart a way forward.

This is a funny way to characterize the sharing of good news. I don't think there were any diplomats "scrambling" except to maybe take some back vacation that they weren't able to take over the holidays.

James__, I was originally going to ask you where you found this crap but then I noticed that it was Yahoo! news which is nothing but worthless click-bait. You were smart to not let on up front that this was selected by Yahoo! for posting because if you had probably no one would bother to read it.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
04-01-2020 05:27
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Iran has been testing us pretty hard, since Obama handed over pallets of cash, for very little in return, and ease sanctions. They took it as a sign of weakness, and wanted to see what they could get away with. When Trump was elected, they needed to see how much crap he was going to take off them. They knew that eventually, they were going to get spanked. There won't be any escalation. Might be a few symbolic attacks, to prove they weren't beaten, and still significant. Iran doesn't not want a full war with America, they know what we can do, in just a few days, without killing a lot of civilians, not that it would matter to the Iranian government, which kills them by the hundreds, often.

It goes back, even beyond biblical times in the Middle East, the one with the strongest sword, rules. And they need to constantly remind everyone, that the have the strongest sword, and the right to rule.

They might be a little pissed, that we took out a local hero, but they respect it. Iran knows full well, they aren't going to do well, if we go to war on them. They are on the verge of civil war anyway. The current government knows they are going down, one way or another, if they don't stop messing with America. They just need to figure a way to step back, without appearing whipped. We need to keep our responses small, but appropriate, and of sufficient force. They understand death and damage best. They'll scale back their provocations, to what they consider acceptable responses from us. We keep hitting their main leaders, and military operations, they'll stop messing with ours. There will always be some problems, just not as bad, or often.
04-01-2020 16:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Iran has been testing us pretty hard, since Obama handed over pallets of cash, for very little in return, and ease sanctions. They took it as a sign of weakness, and wanted to see what they could get away with. When Trump was elected, they needed to see how much crap he was going to take off them. They knew that eventually, they were going to get spanked. There won't be any escalation. Might be a few symbolic attacks, to prove they weren't beaten, and still significant. Iran doesn't not want a full war with America, they know what we can do, in just a few days, without killing a lot of civilians, not that it would matter to the Iranian government, which kills them by the hundreds, often.

It goes back, even beyond biblical times in the Middle East, the one with the strongest sword, rules. And they need to constantly remind everyone, that the have the strongest sword, and the right to rule.

They might be a little pissed, that we took out a local hero, but they respect it. Iran knows full well, they aren't going to do well, if we go to war on them. They are on the verge of civil war anyway. The current government knows they are going down, one way or another, if they don't stop messing with America. They just need to figure a way to step back, without appearing whipped. We need to keep our responses small, but appropriate, and of sufficient force. They understand death and damage best. They'll scale back their provocations, to what they consider acceptable responses from us. We keep hitting their main leaders, and military operations, they'll stop messing with ours. There will always be some problems, just not as bad, or often.

This is kind of how we got into the War in the Pacific. Do you know how to unite people? Give them a common enemy. You never know, they might think that because oil is a finite resource that to increase it's value is by an oil embargo.
They might understand what you just said, if countries in the Middle East won't do what the US wants, we have the power, it's our right to rule as we see fit.
What if they don't agree with your perspective? An oil embargo would hurt us while avoiding a war.
04-01-2020 19:38
(5197)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

This is kind of how we got into the War in the Pacific. Do you know how to unite people? Give them a common enemy. You never know, they might think that because oil is a finite resource that to increase it's value is by an oil embargo.
They might understand what you just said, if countries in the Middle East won't do what the US wants, we have the power, it's our right to rule as we see fit.
What if they don't agree with your perspective? An oil embargo would hurt us while avoiding a war.

Iran exports about 200,000 barrels of oil every year. Do you think that's a significant quantity, to hurt anyone with an embargo, without hurting themselves worse? We don't actually have to import any oil, it's just cheaper and more profitable, basically stealing from the Middle East. I was too young to fully understand the great embargo of the 70's, other than it sucked trying to fill a gas can, so I could mow lawns. Some people paid me a whole dollar... Fortunately, most of those folks lined up, waiting to fill the tank of their cars, didn't mind letting a kid with a one gallon can, cut in front of the lines.

Folks in the Middle East understand physical force. Money doesn't matter as much, since you can spend it, if you are dead. They fight the weak, follow the strong, and do what they can with whatever wealth they can take from the weak. America is considered weak, because we give money, rather than use physical force, so they take as much as they can. It's not directly from us, mostly, but those countries around them, that we do give a lot of money to.
06-01-2020 17:45
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
https://www.axios.com/trump-iran-war-obama-957a39c2-d0b9-4041-bb71-c3dfa12339d5.html
06-01-2020 18:13
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
https://www.axios.com/trump-iran-war-obama-957a39c2-d0b9-4041-bb71-c3dfa12339d5.html

Thank You
06-01-2020 18:41
(3979)
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Thank You

I thought it was a deep fake at first
06-01-2020 20:42
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Thank You

I thought it was a deep fake at first

That could be why former Republican President George W. Bush mislead congress about intelligence on Iraq.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/dec/02/george-bush-iraq-interview

From 2003 to 2007 both houses were controlled by Republicans. The Iraq war was a 100% Republican mandate. It's like when President Trump pulled the US out of a nuclear agreement between several countries and Iran.
PM optimistic deal will survive without US

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has joined European leaders in expressing regret at Mr Trump's decision to pull out of the Iran deal.

Mr Turnbull told the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) he had "some optimism" that the nuclear agreement would survive without the participation of the United States.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-09/donald-trump-pulls-us-out-of-iran-nuclear-deal/9741446
Who knows this might be Iraq all over again.
07-01-2020 01:00
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
while in neighboring Iraq, parliament has voted to expel some 5,200 US troops stationed in the country.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tweets-iran-never-nuclear-weapon-154712155.html
07-01-2020 01:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
"In short, our country has — through presidential aggrandizement accompanied by congressional authorization, delegation, and acquiescence — given one person, the president, a sprawling military and enormous discretion to use it in ways that can easily lead to a massive war," Goldsmith said in an essay in Lawfare, an online newsletter he co-founded. "That is our system: One person decides."

https://www.windstream.net/news/read/category/news/article/the_associated_press-trump_tests_congress_war_powers_with_strike_agains-ap
07-01-2020 02:45
(5197)
Trump doesn't just wake up in them morning, and decides kill himself some Iranians. He has a whole but people giving options and opinions. Such precise missile strike, would be the combined efforts of several agencies.

Seems like a pretty good option, and glad he took it. Iraq has been wanting us to leave for a while. Iran is their neighbor, whether they like it or not, they still need to get along with each other, or continue to fight each other. We got rid of instigator/facilitator of many of those attacks. Iran would rather see us gone too, so Iraq giving us the boot, over a dead general, doesn't look weak, and that Iraq is still friendly with America. We also get out of Iraq, and endless war (2018 campaign promise). Doubt that Iran will be peaceful with Iraq, least not for long. We can always get invited back, if need (terrorism kicks up again). Who knows, maybe our withdrawal from Iraq, will placate Iran, and they keep the vengeance to a minimal. That general work close with various terrorist, from, and in many countries, so we can't really expect Iran to control them all.

We never get to hear the full story, or deals of operations still in motion. But, I really doubt the military would have wanted the killing, knowing the repercussions, without a follow up.
07-01-2020 03:39
(14407)
James___ wrote:
"In short, our country has — through presidential aggrandizement accompanied by congressional authorization, delegation, and acquiescence — given one person, the president, a sprawling military and enormous discretion to use it in ways that can easily lead to a massive war," Goldsmith said in an essay in Lawfare, an online newsletter he co-founded. "That is our system: One person decides."

Goldsmith misleads. He should have written:

"In short, We the People have — through Presidential election accompanied by a mandate from the States — given one person, the President, a powerful military and enormous discretion to protect national interests and American lives. "That is our system: We the People decide."

Donald Trump's decisive action to protect American lives by vaporizing an evil terrorist threat was a direct result of Donald Trump's deliberate election by the United States of America.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-01-2020 05:11
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Jan. 6, 2020 at 9:10 p.m. EST

John Bolton complicated Senate Republicans' impeachment strategy on Monday, declaring his willingness to testify and upping the pressure on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and his party to summon the former national security adviser as a witness in President Trump's trial.

Bolton last fall rebuffed House impeachment investigators' entreaties to testify about his concerns about Trump's demands that Ukraine investigate his political rivals as the administration delayed military aid. Bolton's surprise announcement changed the political calculus for McConnell's no-witness strategy and appeared to increase the likelihood of additional testimony that could embarrass the president.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/boltons-willingness-to-testify-in-trumps-impeachment-trial-ramps-up-pressure-on-senate-republicans/2020/01/06/f14a4e5a-30b3-11ea-a053-dc6d944ba776_story.html
07-01-2020 07:22
(14407)
James___ wrote:
Jan. 6, 2020 at 9:10 p.m. EST

John Bolton complicated Senate Republicans' impeachment strategy on Monday, declaring his willingness to testify and upping the pressure on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and his party to summon the former national security adviser as a witness in President Trump's trial.

Washington Post. Dismissed.

07-01-2020 09:25
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:
John Bolton ... declaring his willingness to testify ....

John Bolton works for the Washington post??

foxnews.com/politics/john-bolton-i-will-testify-in-impeachment-trial-if-subpoenaed.amp
07-01-2020 17:59
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:
John Bolton ... declaring his willingness to testify ....

John Bolton works for the Washington post??

foxnews.com/politics/john-bolton-i-will-testify-in-impeachment-trial-if-subpoenaed.amp

Associated Press dismissed. Fake news.

There is no trial. The President hasn't been impeached yet! Queen Nancy never did the deed.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-01-2020 00:40
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
Fake news.[/quote]

Interesting. Fox new is Fake News.

ITN really takes disqualifying everything to a consistent extreme.

NOTHING CAN BE KNOWN!!!! Caws the parrot
08-01-2020 08:03
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Iran is starting to retaliate. But thankfully we have Trump. If Iran wants a war like Iraq did, we will show them who has the ability to wage war.
America ROCKS!!!!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-responds-iran-missile-attack-031219584.html

Are YOU ready to deploy? Only if you LOVE America!!! Your family can wait until IF you come back. You will. Pine boxes are cheap to ship.
Edited on 08-01-2020 08:05
08-01-2020 18:26
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Fake news.

Interesting. Fox new is Fake News.
Bulverism fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
ITN really takes disqualifying everything to a consistent extreme.
Bulverism fallacy. Fallacy fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
NOTHING CAN BE KNOWN!!!!
Compositional error fallacy. Extreme argument fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
Caws the parrot

Insult fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 08-01-2020 18:28
08-01-2020 18:49
(14407)
tmiddles wrote:ITN really takes disqualifying everything to a consistent extreme.

tmiddles really takes assigning bogus positions to others and the fabrication of fake knowledge to a consistent extreme.

"THEY QUESTION MY FABRICATIONS!!!!" pouts the deity in his own mind.

Edited on 08-01-2020 18:50

Join the debate A More Dangerous World:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Put This Dangerous Stupid Person Beings Entity Into International Blacklist Please017-07-2023 05:37
dangerous world4406-11-2021 07:19
The Corona Virus NCOV Is Harmless If You Body Is Clean Healthy But Dangerous If Your Body Is Dirty Toxic031-07-2020 12:09
Dangerous neighborhood201-01-2020 23:20
The dangerous cooling trend in mainland America. How will it impact?125-03-2019 19:38
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact