Remember me
▼ Content

A contest!

A contest!18-08-2019 23:04
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Between who can be the most obnoxious vs. who can produce the best ideas.
19-08-2019 01:22
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
keepit wrote: Between who can be the most obnoxious vs. who can produce the best ideas.

Team "O" ... pick me! Pick me!

I'm firing up the Rammstein right now. Preparing a small alcoholic "catalyst" for a proper kickoff!

Great idea!

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
20-08-2019 20:59
Ccherry
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
Why not release a cloud of a titanium alloy with a light weight reflective but magnetic metal around the SOHO and keep it in place with periodic pulses from a solar powered electromagnet on tethers like the ones Japan is using to gather space debris. It would require a major payload BUT you've got the umbra working for you.
20-08-2019 21:24
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Ccherry wrote:
Why not release a cloud of a titanium alloy with a light weight reflective but magnetic metal around the SOHO and keep it in place with periodic pulses from a solar powered electromagnet on tethers like the ones Japan is using to gather space debris. It would require a major payload BUT you've got the umbra working for you.

Annoying and obnoxious.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 20-08-2019 21:27
22-08-2019 02:27
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Ccherry wrote:
Why ... you.

Annoying and obnoxious.

Hey GasGuzzler, I'm very curious to know your thoughts on the thread over here:
greenhouse-gases-do-not-violate-the-stefan-boltzmann-law
22-08-2019 05:33
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Ccherry wrote:
Why ... you.

Annoying and obnoxious.

I've been following that thread, trying to learn a thing or two...and I have.

All honesty, that shit is WAY over my head.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
22-08-2019 05:45
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Ccherry wrote:
Why ... you.

Annoying and obnoxious.

The formula's can look bazaar if you're not used to the symbols but the concepts are straight forward. The problem at issue is a high school level physics problem about how much thermal energy a person will lose through radiation.

It's helpful since that part is something we're all experiencing everyday on a personal level.

Humans generally lose half their body heat through radiation and half through conduction/convection with air.

Should be a piece of cake for ITN and IBdaMann to solve.
22-08-2019 09:32
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Ccherry wrote:
Why ... you.

Annoying and obnoxious.

The formula's can look bazaar if you're not used to the symbols but the concepts are straight forward. The problem at issue is a high school level physics problem about how much thermal energy a person will lose through radiation.

It's helpful since that part is something we're all experiencing everyday on a personal level.

Humans generally lose half their body heat through radiation and half through conduction/convection with air.

Should be a piece of cake for ITN and IBdaMann to solve.

Sure. What's the measured emissivity of the person?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
22-08-2019 09:42
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:... The problem at issue is a high school level physics problem about how much thermal energy a person will lose through radiation.

Sure. What's the measured emissivity of the person?

tmiddles wrote:
Mechanisms-of-Heat-Transfer
[quote] Copied from the text book in the link above:
"Calculating the Net Heat Transfer of a Person
What is the rate of heat transfer by radiation of an unclothed person standing in a dark room whose ambient temperature is 22.0°C? The person has a normal skin temperature of 33.0°C and a surface area of 1.50m2. The emissivity of skin is 0.97 in the infrared, the part of the spectrum where the radiation takes place.

Join the debate A contest!:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Troll Songs and Quote identification contest6011-01-2024 04:10
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact