Remember me
▼ Content

A better way to post on Climate-debate.com

A better way to post on Climate-debate.com12-10-2015 01:28
trafnProfile picture★★★☆☆
(779)
Personally, I find most everyone who posts here to be highly intelligent and well educated, even if our points of view differ. Unfortunately, when I review the bulk of the recent thread content currently on this website, much of it is not aimed at constructive discussion of these threads' topics, as a disturbing amount is directed at putting down other people who are posting. I'm not singling anyone out, as at times I too have done this. Yet, I think these negative posts make this website unattractive to newcomers, which is probably why so few people actively post here.

To increase participation on this site, I'd like to suggest a different approach. Whether we agree about it or not, hopefully we're all here to discuss climate and/or climate change. To facilitate this process, I'd suggest that we create threads to discuss our own points of view, without criticizing those of others. I've been posting several threads like this each day for the past few days, the most recent being:

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/maybe-m2c2-really-is-all-about-money-d6-e740.php#post_2814

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/will-m2c2-be-solved-by-educating-the-children-d6-e741.php#post_2815

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/can-you-stil-save-the-future-from-m2c2-after-youve-already-sold-it-d6-e742.php#post_2816

If you find something you disagree with in a thread, then say so in a post within that thread, but do so in a way that stays on topic. If you feel your response requires you to go off topic, then start a new thread for that purpose and invite others to continue the discussion there on topic.

Hopefully this will have two effects. First, we'll move away from all the negative personal content and start posting interesting, thought provoking ideas. Second, I notice that there are often a lot of visitors to this sight, but few of them join, likely because they're turned off by all of the current negative posts. If we focused on the issues, instead of each other, perhaps more people would join in the conversation, which would make this website a lot more interesting for all of us!

The 2015 M2C2 (Global 9/11) Denialist Troll Awards

1st Place - Jep Branner - Our Stupid Administrator!
2nd Place - IBdaMann - Science IS cherry picking!
3rd Place - Into the Night - Mr. Nonsense numbers!
4th Place - Tim the plumber - The Drivel Queen!
13-10-2015 00:41
branner
AdministratorProfile picture☆☆☆☆☆
(34)
trafn wrote:
If you find something you disagree with in a thread, then say so in a post within that thread, but do so in a way that stays on topic. If you feel your response requires you to go off topic, then start a new thread for that purpose and invite others to continue the discussion there on topic.

I can only agree. Let's keep on topic in the many active threads! We have about 100 posts today alone, so let's try to keep some kind of order instead of posting about everything everywhere. But good to see the high activity!

If all do an effort to create great discussions instead of insulting each other, then we should be able to attract more active users, also from the scientific community. But still remember the 1% rule:

In Internet culture, the 1% rule is a rule of thumb pertaining to participation in an internet community, stating that only 1% of the users of a website actively create new content, while the other 99% of the participants only lurk.

So no surprise, that there are a lot of passive users.

BTW, I have moved some threads to other categories. I don't know if you use the forum overview at all, or just use the front page, but if you use the overview, it's great not to have everything in the general category.
Edited on 13-10-2015 00:42
Join the debate A better way to post on Climate-debate.com:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Washington Post reports that a majority of covid deaths are happening to vaccinated people5304-12-2022 06:24
How Did TrueCompanion Create a New Thread/Post in a Closed Forum?326-08-2021 00:43
The Savior Will Post 2 Godlike Articles About How Become Millionaire And Ascension Topic Very Soon304-01-2021 10:29
Post-COVID syndrome010-12-2020 05:10
A Post On Quora Explaining What is Wrong With The 97% Consensus Studies208-03-2020 18:17
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact