Remember me
▼ Content

41 it happened

41 it happened08-01-2021 10:13
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Its 41.C at the moment.At last a summer day.Its forecast for 36 tomorrow and 33 Sunday.How does it vary so much in such a short time

duncan61
08-01-2021 15:03
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
duncan61 wrote:Its 41.C at the moment.At last a summer day.Its forecast for 36 tomorrow and 33 Sunday.How does it vary so much in such a short time

It must be that Global Warming got the upper hand over Climate today in your region and is unleashing his fury. I think Dominion voting machines might be involved, I don't know but it has all the markings of help from Republicans.

Just expect Global Warming to make a miraculous comeback and rage with renewed strength. Just wait and see.

Attached image:

08-01-2021 16:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
duncan61 wrote:
Its 41.C at the moment.At last a summer day.Its forecast for 36 tomorrow and 33 Sunday.How does it vary so much in such a short time

It just depends on what air is blowing in from somewhere. We call it 'weather'.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-01-2021 19:16
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
duncan61 wrote:

It's suppose to be 36 here on Sunday... 36 F. Why aren't we warming anymore? Is it because people are burning less, do to Covid? Florida has pretty well opened up, but there are a lot of democrat governors shutting down, again (3rd, 4th time?). Sort of a mixed blessing, good for Florida's economy, but those sick Yankees are really messing up our covid scoreboard Bastards can't die in their own state? Why should we have to count them? The 65+ are stealing our vaccine as well. Got nothing better to do, than sleep in their cars overnight, so they are in line, before the residents, of this glorious state. Feel a little bad, grandma sleeping in the car, and it's low 40's at night lately. Least, they are doing the climate a favor, and keep the engine running for heat.

Got my $600 paper check, from Donald J Trump. The House didn't even make a fuss about his name on the checks this time. Was thinking it would be amusing, if his name is on the first Biden check sent out, before anyone realizes. Kind of sucks this time, only $600, and I have to drive almost 4 miles, to get to the nearest bank branch, now. They closed the one here in town. Might drive into Orlando, and see if one of those curbside lap dances are totally worth it
08-01-2021 20:54
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

It's suppose to be 36 here on Sunday... 36 F. Why aren't we warming anymore? Is it because people are burning less, do to Covid? Florida has pretty well opened up, but there are a lot of democrat governors shutting down, again (3rd, 4th time?). Sort of a mixed blessing, good for Florida's economy, but those sick Yankees are really messing up our covid scoreboard Bastards can't die in their own state? Why should we have to count them? The 65+ are stealing our vaccine as well. Got nothing better to do, than sleep in their cars overnight, so they are in line, before the residents, of this glorious state. Feel a little bad, grandma sleeping in the car, and it's low 40's at night lately. Least, they are doing the climate a favor, and keep the engine running for heat.

Got my $600 paper check, from Donald J Trump. The House didn't even make a fuss about his name on the checks this time. Was thinking it would be amusing, if his name is on the first Biden check sent out, before anyone realizes. Kind of sucks this time, only $600, and I have to drive almost 4 miles, to get to the nearest bank branch, now. They closed the one here in town. Might drive into Orlando, and see if one of those curbside lap dances are totally worth it

They call it the "polar vortex" effect dude.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/weather/accuweather/polar-vortex-may-spark-arctic-outbreaks-major-snowstorms-forecast/507-2e660f4d-36f2-446b-afa3-8f01e5d4cb3c

Edited on 08-01-2021 20:56
08-01-2021 21:52
(1643)
duncan61 wrote:

I checked the 10 day forecast for Perth.

For Saturday the high forecasted is 94 F.

For Sunday the high forecasted is 81 F.

Most highs for next 10 days are near 90. The Sunday forecast of 81 is the coldest day forecasted.

The high wind speed is forecasted in the upper range, 22 mph. Milder wind high speeds are in the 15 to 19 mph forecast range. Perth sure seems much windier than LA.

The biggest difference in the Sunday forecast looks like humidity ~ 50% versus 20 to 30% in other days. It also predicts it will be overcast.

IMO the humidity, overcast, and pretty high winds is what is cooling it off more on Sunday, than other days in the forecast

09-01-2021 01:09
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I have just got up and it is overcast and cool.
09-01-2021 01:18
(21582)
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

https://www.wusa9.com/article/weather/accuweather/polar-vortex-may-spark-arctic-outbreaks-major-snowstorms-forecast/507-2e660f4d-36f2-446b-afa3-8f01e5d4cb3c

Polar Vortex is a buzzword created by the news media.

There is no vortex. Anything like a hurricane or tornado is exceedingly rare at the poles.

Polar highs can push cold air southward, but that will only go as far as the jet stream, which has portions of it wander north and south as pressures from storms fed by warmer air from the south affect it.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-01-2021 01:22
(21582)
Spongy Iris wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Most highs for next 10 days are near 90. The Sunday forecast of 81 is the coldest day forecasted.

The high wind speed is forecasted in the upper range, 22 mph. Milder wind high speeds are in the 15 to 19 mph forecast range. Perth sure seems much windier than LA.

The biggest difference in the Sunday forecast looks like humidity ~ 50% versus 20 to 30% in other days. It also predicts it will be overcast.

IMO the humidity, overcast, and pretty high winds is what is cooling it off more on Sunday, than other days in the forecast

The interesting thing about weather reports like this is that they generally don't mention upper air currents, which affect the weather. These winds can and do affect surface temperatures, and are often quite independent of surface wind speeds or direction.

You CAN get such reports from aviation sources in some countries, but the general public weather forecasts don't mention them.

Pick a nice day where you see clouds at several layers. You might very well see upper clouds moving in a completely different direction from lower clouds.

Both air currents (wind) can affect your weather and your surface temperatures.

The Parrot Killer

09-01-2021 01:36
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

There is no vortex. Anything like a hurricane or tornado is exceedingly rare at the poles.

Polar highs can push cold air southward, but that will only go as far as the jet stream, which has portions of it wander north and south as pressures from storms fed by warmer air from the south affect it.

The map for it they show usually looks like this.

10-01-2021 02:40
(21582)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Actually that's not true. This is simply one snapshot in time. The jet stream and and does often not have this dip across the eastern portion of the States. Such a dip may occur elsewhere, such as in the West, or often not at all.

The reason you remember this pattern is because it brings cold air to places like Florida and Georgia, which normally don't get much cold air.

The Parrot Killer

10-01-2021 02:46
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Actually that's not true. This is simply one snapshot in time. The jet stream and and does often not have this dip across the eastern portion of the States. Such a dip may occur elsewhere, such as in the West, or often not at all.

The reason you remember this pattern is because it brings cold air to places like Florida and Georgia, which normally don't get much cold air.

Brother, this is what's predicted for the 3rd week of January. That you guys are discussing it now shows your understanding of atmospheric chemistry. I didn't think you guys were getting it but this discussion shows otherwise.
I did post where the polar stratosphere was warming and would cause this effect. And now you're talking about it.
Edited on 10-01-2021 02:48
10-01-2021 02:55
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

It's what is being reported as happening now, which Harvey mentioned earlier with his cold weather in FL comment

Yes the form of the wind stream can vary over time.

10-01-2021 02:59
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

It's what is being reported as happening now, which Harvey mentioned earlier with his cold weather in FL comment

Yes the form of the wind stream can vary over time.

Know you made a choice. Go Harvey. He's your Trump. Please don't message me again.
10-01-2021 03:23
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Brother, this is what's predicted for the 3rd week of January. That you guys are discussing it now shows your understanding of atmospheric chemistry. I didn't think you guys were getting it but this discussion shows otherwise.
I did post where the polar stratosphere was warming and would cause this effect. And now you're talking about it.

Your post was filled with the usual gunk science and buzzwords from you. You deny science.

The Parrot Killer

10-01-2021 04:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Your post was filled with the usual gunk science and buzzwords from you. You deny science.

Son, I expected more out of you. Life happens. How best to adapt? Just wish you understood this. Did my best.
10-01-2021 04:55
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
It only made it to 33.C Saturday at 2 pm I was on a tile roof fitting a whirlybird and it was pleasant
10-01-2021 04:59
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
It only made it to 33.C Saturday at 2 pm I was on a tile roof fitting a whirlybird and it was pleasant

And I want to move to Australia. In the US, lose the election, have guns?
10-01-2021 05:19
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

The interesting thing about weather reports like this is that they generally don't mention upper air currents, which affect the weather. These winds can and do affect surface temperatures, and are often quite independent of surface wind speeds or direction.

You CAN get such reports from aviation sources in some countries, but the general public weather forecasts don't mention them.

Pick a nice day where you see clouds at several layers. You might very well see upper clouds moving in a completely different direction from lower clouds.

Both air currents (wind) can affect your weather and your surface temperatures.

I do a lot of time lapse video of sunsets. Not so much in the winter, as the sun is off to the side too much, that gets block with trees and stuff. The clouds are pretty easy to see moving in different directions, all at the same time.

I post about the winter cold, mostly to annoy the people further up north, shoveling snow, or scrapping ice off their windshield. It gets a little chilly for a few days, but nothing life threatening. Barely dips down into the 'freezing' range occasionally. Some weather is predictable, to a point, but 5 days out, is kind of stretching most of it.

Join the debate 41 it happened:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Man freed from jail for committing a crime that never even happened. LOL they tried that with me too316-02-2023 19:01
Strange thing happened on my way to work...303-07-2022 15:32
Did Trump just win Nevada? What Happened?5518-12-2020 04:40
Whatever happened to the Global Warming "Tipping Points?"1405-10-2015 20:23
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact