Remember me
▼ Content

257ppm

257ppm26-07-2021 08:05
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I have started setting up my own test of CO2 on atmospheric temperature and I turned on my CO2 meter and it is hovering around 257 ppm.How can this be so??

duncan61
26-07-2021 08:16
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
duncan61 wrote:
I have started setting up my own test of CO2 on atmospheric temperature and I turned on my CO2 meter and it is hovering around 257 ppm.How can this be so??

Where were you taking the reading? Battery charge? Temperature? Too little information to even guess...
26-07-2021 10:35
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
It reads the atmospheric CO2 concentration.I turned it on as I am going to do my own testing outside in a greenhouse of the concentrations needed to get a temperature increase.Its cold as all buggery and a howling wind with rain
26-07-2021 15:02
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14404)
duncan61 wrote:I have started setting up my own test of CO2 on atmospheric temperature and I turned on my CO2 meter and it is hovering around 257 ppm.How can this be so??

Maybe the true atmospheric concentration of CO2 is 257 ppm and not 400+ ppm. It would make sense.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-07-2021 16:57
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I will take another reading tomorrow morning and see how we are going
26-07-2021 19:32
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
duncan61 wrote:
It reads the atmospheric CO2 concentration.I turned it on as I am going to do my own testing outside in a greenhouse of the concentrations needed to get a temperature increase.Its cold as all buggery and a howling wind with rain

Could be the temperature then. I remember one sensor had a heating element in it...
27-07-2021 02:41
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Todays reading at 8.00am is 249ppm.I know nothing about a heating element.It just reads the CO2
29-07-2021 06:08
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
The reading today is 271ppm.So it is still under the alledged 280ppm recorded in 1956 at Manua loa.How will the warmazombies deal with this fact .Easy just ignore reality and carry on with business as usual
29-07-2021 07:01
(14404)

duncan61 wrote:The reading today is 271ppm.So it is still under the alledged 280ppm recorded in 1956 at Manua loa.

Did you take the reading at the base of a volcano? If not then you should expect your reading to be less than that taken at the base of a volcano.

duncan61 wrote:How will the warmazombies deal with this fact

They will call you a "charlatan" who has been "discredited."

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
29-07-2021 07:12
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I park my jeep out the front and it is up a steep hill.I open the door turn the device on and sit it on the roof.I let it run for a bit as it will fluctuate then settle down.The part I like is if I put it under the exhaust it goes to 10,000 ppm straight away however if I am 2 feet away it reads normal.This indicates to me CO2 dissolves in to the atmosphere very quickly and there is no band of CO2 blanketing the Earth.There called clouds
29-07-2021 09:35
(14404)
duncan61 wrote:.This indicates to me CO2 dissolves in to the atmosphere very quickly and there is no band of CO2 blanketing the Earth.There called clouds

CO2 does not dissolve into the atmosphere.

29-07-2021 10:20
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
What does it do then after comes out my exhast pipe???
29-07-2021 16:00
(14404)

duncan61 wrote:What does it do then after comes out my exhast pipe???

CO2 is inanimate matter. It doesn't "do" anything. It has no magical superpowers to "do" anything.

What were you taught that CO2 can do, besides causing spontaneous increases in temperature without additional energy?

While you're at it, could you explain for me again how gravity is increasing the temperature of the atmosphere ... and yet is not increasing the temperature of the ocean?

29-07-2021 17:07
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:What does it do then after comes out my exhast pipe???

CO2 is inanimate matter. It doesn't "do" anything. It has no magical superpowers to "do" anything.

What were you taught that CO2 can do, besides causing spontaneous increases in temperature without additional energy?

While you're at it, could you explain for me again how gravity is increasing the temperature of the atmosphere ... and yet is not increasing the temperature of the ocean?

Because it's thettled thienth!! DUH!!

29-07-2021 21:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
IBdaMann wrote:

duncan61 wrote:The reading today is 271ppm.So it is still under the alledged 280ppm recorded in 1956 at Manua loa.

Did you take the reading at the base of a volcano? If not then you should expect your reading to be less than that taken at the base of a volcano.

duncan61 wrote:How will the warmazombies deal with this fact

They will call you a "charlatan" who has been "discredited."

The top of a range of volcanoes, actually. The base of these volcanoes is underwater.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 29-07-2021 21:14
29-07-2021 21:26
(14404)
Into the Night wrote:The top of a range of volcanoes, actually. The base of these volcanoes is underwater.

Yes. I stand corrected.

I'm surprised the government hasn't already established a CO2 monitoring station inside the caldron to take readings "representative" of the atmosphere as a whole.

29-07-2021 22:34
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:.This indicates to me CO2 dissolves in to the atmosphere very quickly and there is no band of CO2 blanketing the Earth.There called clouds

Dissolve Dissipate Blend.It does not stay seperate or I woud get different readings when I walk around.You are just being silly now.No one has Taught me anything about CO2.I am learning about it myself by gathering information and discarding the false claims
The gravity claim by Pete is simple and something I understand and agree too
.The Atmosphere has a mass
.Gravity makes the mass denser at the surface than at 10,000 feet
.The Atmosphere takes time to heat and cool keeping the planet habitable
.Gravity affects the actual temperature of the Atmosphere because of the density.You keep distorting it to make it sound like he claimed at some mythical date in recent history the temperature spiked because of gravity.I never got that from his post he then posted 157 times trying to explain this and you just kept derailing the topic till he gave up and left which I have seen you do to a lot of posters and I have left myself however failed to find a similar site that was active and free so I am back.

duncan61
29-07-2021 23:47
(21597)
duncan61 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Dissolve Dissipate Blend.It does not stay seperate or I woud get different readings when I walk around.You are just being silly now.No one has Taught me anything about CO2.I am learning about it myself by gathering information and discarding the false claims
The gravity claim by Pete is simple and something I understand and agree too
.The Atmosphere has a mass
.Gravity makes the mass denser at the surface than at 10,000 feet
.The Atmosphere takes time to heat and cool keeping the planet habitable
.Gravity affects the actual temperature of the Atmosphere because of the density.You keep distorting it to make it sound like he claimed at some mythical date in recent history the temperature spiked because of gravity.I never got that from his post he then posted 157 times trying to explain this and you just kept derailing the topic till he gave up and left which I have seen you do to a lot of posters and I have left myself however failed to find a similar site that was active and free so I am back.

Denial of the ideal gas law. The atmosphere is not in a closed container. Air is a fluid.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 29-07-2021 23:48
30-07-2021 00:04
(14404)
duncan61 wrote:Dissolve Dissipate Blend.

So you really don't understand that these are specifically different words? You have to realize that all of the problems with your communication, or lack thereof, are entirely your fault. You are clearly a functional illiterate who cannot clearly express an idea ... presuming you ever really have any.

You jibber and babble and then blame others for not understanding your crap.

From this point forward, we can just recognize that you don't write what you mean and you don't mean what you write.

duncan61 wrote: It does not stay seperate

Are you saying that is chemically bonds with something else? Of course it remains "separate" It remains CO2 and does not combine with any other compounds.

Oh wait, you don't know what you're saying. You don't even know what you want to express. You should just go back to babbling about how gravity increases temperature and that we should start to learn to cook food by using gravity because at least you are so absolutely clear on that one.

duncan61 wrote:You are just being silly now.

Of course, your inability to communicate is everyone else's fault.

duncan61 wrote: No one has Taught me anything about CO2.

... which explains why you have never learned anything about CO2. Do they have schools over in Australia?

duncan61 wrote:I am learning about it myself

I wouldn't go that far. You should work on your ability to learn first. That would entail dropping the pretense that you somehow know what you are talking about and just admit that you need a fuuuuuqing lot of help.

duncan61 wrote:by gathering information and discarding the false claims

You don't have the cognitive wherewithal to discern valid claims from false claims. You believed all of Pete Rogers' claims to be valid. Only a total moron would buy what he was selling. Conversely, you have discarded all correct science that falsifies your stupid cult's religious dogma. Your batting average is competing with keepit's to see how low you can go.

duncan61 wrote: The gravity claim by Pete is simple and something I understand and agree too.

... because you are a total moron. Of course, I mean that in only the nicest sense.

duncan61 wrote:.The Atmosphere has a mass

So does the ocean. So do you.

duncan61 wrote:Gravity makes the mass denser at the surface than at 10,000 feet

Explain the ocean to me in this sense. Explain yourself to me in this sense.

duncan61 wrote:The Atmosphere takes time to heat and cool keeping the planet habitable

Explain this last part about keeping the planet habitable with respect to taking time to heat and cool.

duncan61 wrote:Gravity affects the actual temperature of the Atmosphere because of the density.

Explain.

duncan61 wrote: You keep distorting it to make it sound like he claimed at some mythical date in recent history the temperature spiked because of gravity.

Nope. This is just your complete inability to read English for comprehension keeping you in an eternal state of confusion ... and you're lashing out in envy at others who aren't confused.

Pete Rogers, and you, cannot distinguish between tenses. This goes back to your total incompetence in English. No amount of explanation can get you to understand that an event that completed in the past is not still occurring in the present. Yes, you have to be a complete idiot to not get it yet here you are, unable to grasp the simplest of concepts. Small children understand as much. You, however, do not.

You are fuuuq'ed.

Oh, and have a great day.

30-07-2021 05:55
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
we should start to learn to cook food by using gravity

You wait just a damn minute! Back the truck up please!

I had to throw out a very nice electric skillet last week. It was old...a wedding gift from 21 years ago. I was going to cook a couple eggs and 2 pieces of french toast, but it failed to get hot.

Are you claiming if I had just thrown on a dozen eggs and shitpile of toast it woulda worked just fine?!
30-07-2021 06:28
(3314)
It's much cheaper to cook with gravity. I'm going to take my savings from this and invest it all in Safemoon and HODL!!! Gotta ease the FOMO, ya know... IBD's FUD ain't gonna hold me back either...
30-07-2021 09:10
(14404)

GasGuzzler wrote:Are you claiming if I had just thrown on a dozen eggs and shitpile of toast it woulda worked just fine?!

Well, that's what Duncan is saying. I'll give it my best shot but I'm learning this Atmospheric Thermal Enhancement stuff as I go. I take notes every time Duncan gives a lecture.

Step 1: Understand that the past tense is the present tense. I originally didn't know this but now that I have been taught this, the thettled thienth is starting to make sense. For example, if something fell in the past, you understand it to be falling in the present ... forever. Let me know if you have any questions because this part can be somewhat tricky at first.

Step 2. Understand that the ongoing completed past activity is the negative of what it is. For example, you might have been taught that there are no negative distances in nature, but that's just a result of our shitty educational system. Atmospheric Thermal Enhancement explains how all distances that are forever being successfully traversed in the past tense in an ongoing manner (see Step 1) are negative distances that generate negative work, which you also thought had to be positive values in this lie you have been living.

Step 3. All this negative work created by gravity increases the temperature of the atmosphere ... and will increase the temperature of your food if you'll only give it half a chance. Stop being such a racist.

... so yes, if you add sufficient food to your cold plate, the food will become compressed from all the weight ... which you will imagine as forever ongoing, i.e. the food is compressing (and you won't be fooled by the volume not changing because you will note that the volume changed in the past and thus you will say that the volume is changing ... forever ... because it compressed ... and is therefore compressing.

... and naturally this will generate so much temperature that you will have to be careful that you don't turn your food into charcoal ... because if you turn your food to charcoal then forever you have to say that your food is turning to charcoal.

Duncan can chime in if I omitted anything.

30-07-2021 17:55
(21597)
gfm7175 wrote:
It's much cheaper to cook with gravity. I'm going to take my savings from this and invest it all in Safemoon and HODL!!! Gotta ease the FOMO, ya know... IBD's FUD ain't gonna hold me back either...

Just buy a set of weights and cook with those. Then you can fix a heavy meal.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 30-07-2021 17:56
30-07-2021 18:48
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Just buy a set of weights and cook with those. Then you can fix a heavy meal.

01-08-2021 01:02
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Good work team.I feel I am the fat chick being ostracized at prom night.From the beginning.If I was to go to school now in Australia I would be taught that evil manmade CO2 is going to fry my brains in less than 10 years by the actual fat chick that was ostracized at prom night.

Step 1: Understand that the past tense is the present tense. I originally didn't know this but now that I have been taught this, the thettled thienth is starting to make sense. For example, if something fell in the past, you understand it to be falling in the present ... forever. Let me know if you have any questions because this part can be somewhat tricky at first.

If it fell in the past it has fallen.Gravity is constant and keeping the atmosphere in place and is still happening.Many factors combine to make our planet habitable and where I live mostly pleasant the warmazombies are claiming the atmosphere has changed and it is always for the worst.2 problems its been claimed we are all doomed for a long time now and has not happened and recent studies are showing that most crops are more resiliant with increased CO2.We are feeding more people off less land so yet another prediction of Failing ecosystems went South.A client made the claim that we are destroying the Amazon recently and copped both barrels.I have been hearing that poop from the 70s and there is more rainforest now than there was then.
01-08-2021 01:19
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I have not been getting readings anywhere near 280ppm all week and yesterday was 241ppm.Its 6.00 am here and I am wide awake.China has tried to get the GBR listed as endangered yet we have not had a cyclone go through for over 10 years and reports from people who are there say its all flourishing.Our government told China to F off and claimed it was retaliation for us daring ask where Covid came from.Speaking of governments who is this sleepy old dude you have as POTUS.Back to the reef.I did my open water Padi in 1984 at Townsville and went on a few trips out later.I used to like to set my buoyancy for 45 feet as there is lots of light at that depth and I could get nearly 2 hours out of a cylinder.I would descend feet first and hover off the side of the reef and watch all the little shrimp and stuff go about their business.How does some Chinese twat listing the reef as endandered help sammy the shrimp get on with his day.
01-08-2021 01:34
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
re Negative work.I have just replaced all 4 shock absorbers on my 2001 jeep cherokee and my understanding of negative work is the coil springs in the front are being compressed by the weight of the car/Gravity and as I hit bumps the coils are working to keep the ride height the same place.The shock absorbers smooth out the transition.This is positive work but if I jack up the car by the body and the springs extend to their unstressed position that is negative work.I have never heard of negative measurements in nature and do not understand the concept.
Edited on 01-08-2021 01:35
01-08-2021 05:44
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Todays CO2 reading is 397ppm
02-08-2021 17:11
(3314)
duncan61 wrote:
Good work team.I feel I am the fat chick being ostracized at prom night.

I do not find fat chicks to be physically attractive. Additionally, when one lets their body go like that (iow, they are in poor physical health), it is typically an indicator of their mental/spiritual health (iow, they are in poor mental health).

I suggest that she look into her dietary habits as well as looking into any mental/spiritual issues that are likely underlying the weight issue.

02-08-2021 17:14
(3314)
duncan61 wrote:
re Negative work.I have just replaced all 4 shock absorbers on my 2001 jeep cherokee and my understanding of negative work is the coil springs in the front are being compressed by the weight of the car/Gravity and as I hit bumps the coils are working to keep the ride height the same place.The shock absorbers smooth out the transition.This is positive work but if I jack up the car by the body and the springs extend to their unstressed position that is negative work.I have never heard of negative measurements in nature and do not understand the concept.

Then why are you acting as if 'negative work' is a thing??

Why are you labeling something as 'negative work' if you admittedly don't understand the concept?

02-08-2021 18:41
(14404)

duncan61 wrote:The shock absorbers smooth out the transition.This is positive work but if I jack up the car by the body and the springs extend to their unstressed position that is negative work.

No. There is no such thing as negative work in nature because there are no negative distances in nature.

The stretching of coils is positive work. The compressing of coils, regardless of how "stretched" they are is positive work. It does not matter if you decide to perform the mathematical operation of subtraction, you can only subtract inherently positive values. There are no negative distances in nature and there are no negative forces in nature therefore there is only positive work in nature.

02-08-2021 21:09
(21597)
duncan61 wrote:

Well, you *did* bring it up.
duncan61 wrote:
From the beginning.If I was to go to school now in Australia I would be taught that evil manmade CO2 is going to fry my brains in less than 10 years by the actual fat chick that was ostracized at prom night.

Heh. Well, at least you know where the fat chick went!

duncan61 wrote:

If it fell in the past it has fallen.Gravity is constant and keeping the atmosphere in place and is still happening.Many factors combine to make our planet habitable and where I live mostly pleasant the warmazombies are claiming the atmosphere has changed and it is always for the worst.2 problems its been claimed we are all doomed for a long time now and has not happened and recent studies are showing that most crops are more resiliant with increased CO2.We are feeding more people off less land so yet another prediction of Failing ecosystems went South.A client made the claim that we are destroying the Amazon recently and copped both barrels.I have been hearing that poop from the 70s and there is more rainforest now than there was then.

Nope. If something has fallen, it not still falling. You seem to have problem with tenses.
Gravity is not energy. It cannot heat anything.

The Parrot Killer

02-08-2021 21:47
(21597)
duncan61 wrote:
re Negative work.

There is no such thing as 'negative work'.
duncan61 wrote:
I have just replaced all 4 shock absorbers on my 2001 jeep cherokee and my understanding of negative work is the coil springs in the front are being compressed by the weight of the car/Gravity and as I hit bumps the coils are working to keep the ride height the same place.The shock absorbers smooth out the transition.This is positive work but if I jack up the car by the body and the springs extend to their unstressed position that is negative work.

That is not negative work. Compressing a spring takes work, true. The only reason the spring is extending is because you are putting work into lifting the car.

That car has potential energy. It can fall off the jack. When that happens, that potential energy is converted into kinetic energy (briefly), and compresses the spring again. A compressed spring is not kinetic energy. It is potential energy...like the car falling off the jack. The only difference is that it tries to push the car up.

Shock absorbers are closed containers of air and oil, with a small opening separating two chambers. Compressing a shock absorber is like compressing a spring. It takes work. That work comes from the energy coming from the gas powering the car.

It takes time to shove air and oil into the other chamber and time to let it flow back. It is not springy, but like a spring, it takes work to compress it. It has potential energy when it's compressed. Like the spring, you can convert that potential energy to kinetic energy again. The shock absorber allows a metered rate of air and oil to move back to the first chamber again.

Energy is not lost or gained anywhere. It just cycles back and forth between potential and kinetic energy.

If energy is lost in a system, you get the work you put into it back out again. This is not 'negative work'. It is just the energy YOU put into the system coming back out again.

The 1st law of thermodynamics is:
E(t+1) = E(t) - U
where 'E' is energy, 't' is time, and 'U' is work.
Work is force applied over time.
Gravity is a force (not energy). If you work against gravity, you are putting work into something. That something is gaining energy from you. It is not creating energy, it is your energy being converted to something else, like height.

Kinetic energy can be converted to something else as well.

duncan61 wrote:
I have never heard of negative measurements in nature and do not understand the concept.

If you take a brick and raise it, you are putting your own chemical energy into raising that brick. The brick now has more energy in it, as potential energy. The cost to you, of course, is that you had to expend chemical energy (from the food you eat) to raise that brick.

Now you drop the brick. The potential energy is now converted to kinetic energy. The brick is falling.

When it hits the ground, it has lost it's energy. It no longer has that potential energy, and no longer has that kinetic energy. So...where did the energy go? Was all your work for nothing?

When it hits the ground, you hear a thump. That's a sound wave. It takes energy to create that sound wave. Some of the energy in that brick became sound. The ground is also a little warmer than it was before where the brick hit it, and the brick is also a little warmer than it was before. That energy was converted into thermal energy. That energy dissipates away into the ground.

At no time was 'negative work' performed.
You can convert work (which is force applied over time), into energy, and back again (energy can become a force applied over time).

Energy itself is the potential to do work. This is how 'energy' is defined.

Gravity is not energy. It is a force. Objects in a gravity field cannot do work unless they have energy in them.

Another force that exists is the electrostatic force. This is the force used by a spring to decompress, and used by compressed air to decompress. It is why springs and shock absorbers work. All normal matter is bound by electrostatic forces.

Chemical energy also makes use of electrostatic forces. They are what results in chemical bonds. An explosive like black powder, for example, has a lot of potential energy. Releasing that energy results in bonds of lower potential energy, a lot of heat (thermal energy heating something), and a lot of noise (sound energy), and a lot of light (electromagnetic energy).

A fireworks salute.

The Parrot Killer

02-08-2021 21:57
(21597)
gfm7175 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

I do not find fat chicks to be physically attractive. Additionally, when one lets their body go like that (iow, they are in poor physical health), it is typically an indicator of their mental/spiritual health (iow, they are in poor mental health).

I suggest that she look into her dietary habits as well as looking into any mental/spiritual issues that are likely underlying the weight issue.

This often is true.

It is a self feeding destructive nature. Poor physical health resulting from poor self image causes even more poor self image, which leads to worse physical health, etc. This can of course lead to major problems with child bearing and raising.

There is a reason most guys don't find fat chicks to be physically attractive.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate 257ppm:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact