Page 2 of 2<12
06-07-2021 17:37
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15813)
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Rumor has it, climate change is an existential threat.

There is a grain of truth behind every rumor.

You have to destroy many mass delusions to identify the grain of truth.

This is only if we can't reduce ODSs and run out of sources of CO2. Hydrocarbons and ODSs really do need to be reduced. Basically, if the ozone layer becomes depleted enough, we won't be able to grow crops and phytoplankton (fish love the stuff, think food chain) will probably die off among other things. We do have time and how we use it is up to us.

p.s., @All, my primary concern would be what threat does industrialization pose to the ozone layer? About everything else we do, we can survive/adapt or adjust to. The ozone layer supports us having food to eat.

If Earth lost its protection from Sun's radiation, that would be existential threat.

Just a quick question here. Does Venus have an ozone layer?

No. No oxygen.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
06-07-2021 17:39
(15813)
tmiddles wrote:
One Punch Man wrote: [those] against the greenhouse gas theory and so probably won't respond well to this post because it assumes that CO2 and water vapour are having a real small warming...

Well there you have the difference between being skeptical and being a denier. For the mob out there (and the few trolls here) dedicated to "fighting" against the forces of conspiracy trying to dupe us all there is little hope of exploring anything because they aren't trying to figure anything out.

So what about this question: What is a sane/sound approach to skepticism?

I would say that the conspiracy formula (which is neither left wing, right wing or pro anything in particular, but simply a tool anyone can use to believe anything) is an easily identified and dismissed BS skepticism. Though it has never been more popular. That I would boil down to:
1- A position a person wants to believe
2- Belief in an enemy capable of hiding or manufacturing evidence to discredit that position.
3- Should evidence be missing or contradictory simply refer to step 2.

Your 22 points depart from this in that you are working from NASA data. To suggest that NASA simply falsified all the data would be the conspiracy theorists blank check to believe anything they want.

Random numbers are not data. There is no data. Not even NASA can make data out of random numbers.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

06-07-2021 17:41
(15813)
One Punch Man wrote:
Wow ^^ This IBdaMann guy is a total ass. Clearly he likes belittling people.

I won't bother replying to the forum troll. Save me time and energy.

Calling people names doesn't change the laws of physics that you continue to deny.

The Parrot Killer

Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate 22 Reasons to be Skeptical of Man-Made Global Warming:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Reasons Why Promoting Using NCOV COVID Vaccine Is Going Against The Unseen Divine Law This Timeline025-07-2021 16:03
The Corona Virus NCOV COVID Made By Super Deities, Religion Gods Like For Few Reasons518-06-2021 17:27
The Reasons You Must Stay Away From All The Corrupt Governments Groups & Use Your Own Mindset007-06-2021 13:16
Climate Change Made Corona Virus COVID Because People Understand Wrong About Environment System116-03-2021 18:13
God Made Corona Virus COVID So Do Not Try To Counter It, The More Trouble Will Follow316-02-2021 22:55
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact