22 Reasons to be Skeptical of Man-Made Global Warming

Page 5 of 6<<<3456>
25-01-2020 00:15
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
He didn't invent the word.
Yet google doesn't have it? Really?

You do realize you can have a cat lay on a keyboard and google will produce websites matching it.

Yet IBD has come up with a word that does not.
25-01-2020 00:24
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Wiki specifically states that of all of conditions are not present the Kirchoffs law does not apply.

I looked up radiativity in my Physics Encyclopedia and found something about radiative transfer but it definitely was not the same as emissivity.
Edited on 25-01-2020 00:30
25-01-2020 00:27
(3979)
keepit wrote:
Wiki specifically states that of all of conditions are not present the Kirchoffs law does not apply.

To clarify:
The condition of thermodynamic equilibrium is necessary in the statement, because the equality of emissivity and absorptivity often does not hold when the material of the body is not in thermodynamic equilibrium.
25-01-2020 00:32
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
IBDM and ITN,
You guys are too much work.
25-01-2020 00:42
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
He didn't invent the word.
Yet google doesn't have it? Really?

Argument of ignorance fallacy. False authority fallacy. The only word that Google defined is 'Google'.
tmiddles wrote:
...deleted unrelated material...
Yet IBD has come up with a word that does not.

Argument of ignorance fallacy. False authority fallacy. Google is not God. It does not define any word except 'Google'.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
25-01-2020 00:43
(21582)
keepit wrote:

Wikipedia summarily dismissed. You cannot use it as a reference. It is not a science book.

Kirchoff's law applies to ALL energy nodes.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
25-01-2020 00:44
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:

To clarify:
The condition of thermodynamic equilibrium is necessary in the statement, because the equality of emissivity and absorptivity often does not hold when the material of the body is not in thermodynamic equilibrium.

WRONG. They are the same...always. You are trying to introduce a sequence to the Stefan-Boltzmann law, denying the Stefan-Boltzmann law again.

The Parrot Killer

25-01-2020 01:18
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:False authority fallacy.
What is the definition of that?
25-01-2020 01:24
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:

RQAA

The Parrot Killer

25-01-2020 01:27
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

RQAA

Nope but how about this.

What does "Red Herring Fallacy" mean? Do you know?
25-01-2020 01:34
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
IBDM and ITN,
What does wild goose chase mean?

Credibility is priceless commodity and you're spending it like a drunken sailor.

Kirchoffs law state that a low density gas emits or absorbs EM at specific wavelength and not at all wavelengths.
Edited on 25-01-2020 01:40
25-01-2020 05:14
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
keepit wrote:
IBDM and ITN,

That depends on the types of geese you consider "wild" and whether you include ganders.

keepit wrote: Kirchoffs law state that a low density gas emits or absorbs EM at specific wavelength and not at all wavelengths.

... says the moron still hasn't gotten anything right.

I take it you didn't even think to check your wikiBible. Loser.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-01-2020 14:01
(3979)
keepit wrote:...wild goose chase...
You know keepit, a lot of forums have rules about what language you have to use. Like you can't post in English on a German forum because it's annoying, and so on.

I think using your own made up language and then refusing to define it is about as annoying as it could get.

But then, if the goal it to be annoying, it's a pretty good way to crap on a board.
25-01-2020 18:43
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Tmid,
The name calling is annoying too. I've never seen an american scientist do name calling and false accusations as well.
25-01-2020 19:36
(21582)
keepit wrote:
IBDM and ITN,

Credibility is priceless commodity and you're spending it like a drunken sailor.

Kirchoffs law state that a low density gas emits or absorbs EM at specific wavelength and not at all wavelengths.

Only for harmonic radiance. It does not apply to blackbody radiance.

The Parrot Killer

25-01-2020 19:38
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:...wild goose chase...
You know keepit, a lot of forums have rules about what language you have to use. Like you can't post in English on a German forum because it's annoying, and so on.

I think using your own made up language and then refusing to define it is about as annoying as it could get.

But then, if the goal it to be annoying, it's a pretty good way to crap on a board.

Then stop crapping on the board. You just described yourself. Kettle logic. Inversion fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

25-01-2020 19:38
(21582)
keepit wrote:
Tmid,
The name calling is annoying too. I've never seen an american scientist do name calling and false accusations as well.

Then you can't have been around many scientists!

The Parrot Killer

25-01-2020 20:26
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Have you been around american scientists ITN?

Also, do you mean Kirchoffs law doesn't apply to black body radiance.
Also isn't all em harmonic?
25-01-2020 20:55
(14389)
keepit wrote:
Tmid,

I'm running a pool as to when you'll get something right.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-01-2020 21:22
(21582)
keepit wrote:
Have you been around american scientists ITN?

Yes.
keepit wrote:
Also, do you mean Kirchoffs law doesn't apply to black body radiance.
Also isn't all em harmonic?

Try English. It works better.

The Parrot Killer

25-01-2020 21:59
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
IBDM,
Like you said. Ignore me IBDM, do me a favor, ignore me.
25-01-2020 22:04
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ITN,
In what capacity have you been around american scientists?
Let me tell you, i pushing 80 years and i've interacted with many college professors, and i reached a fairly high level in the medical field, and i reached a high level (no pun intended) in the aviation field and i have NEVER, i repeat NEVER, seen any professionals in those fields talk to people like you and IBDM do.
25-01-2020 22:19
(21582)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
Let me tell you, i pushing 80 years and i've interacted with many college professors, and i reached a fairly high level in the medical field, and i reached a high level (no pun intended) in the aviation field and i have NEVER, i repeat NEVER, seen any professionals in those fields talk to people like you and IBDM do.

I don't believe you.

The Parrot Killer

25-01-2020 23:21
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Nice try.
26-01-2020 01:36
(14389)
keepit wrote:
IBDM,
Like you said. Ignore me IBDM, do me a favor, ignore me.

You could really help me in that regard by not posting.

Whenever you *do* post, you write the stupidest crap that really reaches out from the screen and grabs me by the collar. You're the kind of poster that elicits the reaction "I thought I had read it all ..."

So give the fingers a rest and take a break from posting. I can't think of anyone who would miss your posts making them dumber than they were when they signed on.

Let's work together on this.

26-01-2020 01:42
(14389)
keepit wrote: ITN,

Hey Bozo ... why are you dragging Into the Night into this. He has been nothing but polite to you. I'm the one with whom you insisted on "bringing it on." What kind of response do you expect to get from him sitting on the sidelines?

Read my previous post. Just stop posting and save everyone the headache, yourself included.

26-01-2020 01:45
(14389)
keepit wrote: Nice try.

You have to at least occasionally get things right in order for people to believe that you have an aptitude in the field you are discussing.

26-01-2020 01:46
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Ignore me IBDM. Ignore me.
I guess you're a little bit right. ITN is more polite than you. More knowledgeable too.

For example, the last thing ITN said to me was, "LIAR". That's your idea of polite?
Edited on 26-01-2020 01:47
26-01-2020 02:29
(14389)
keepit wrote: Ignore me IBDM. Ignore me.

Isn't that what I'm doing?

keepit wrote: I guess you're a little bit right. ITN is more polite than you. More knowledgeable too.

I admit, I'm a variant on the standard saying because I'm a systems engineer, not a real engineer. I do high-level requirements that are handed to the real engineers who build what I need.

Ergo, those who can, do. Those who can't, oversee system testing.

keepit wrote:For example, the last thing ITN said to me was, "LIAR". That's your idea of polite?

You're asking ME? Consider what *I* say to you. How does "liar" compare?

26-01-2020 05:40
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:Kettle logic. Inversion fallacy.

Have I used words where you're not sure what I intended them to mean? If so I have great news I'm easy in that department! Just go here:
https://www.dictionary.com/
I'm super ordinary in that respect and I always clarify as needed.

Now you you please clarify?

What do Inversion fallacy and kettle logic mean to you ITN?

IBdaMann wrote:
How many of your personalities are betting?

Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:

I don't believe you.
And as usually won't support his own statement with an answer.

IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:
...do me a favor, ignore me.

Unfortunately keepit this board is open season for Trolls and we just have to live with the harassment.
Edited on 26-01-2020 05:41
26-01-2020 18:46
(21582)
keepit wrote:
Ignore me IBDM. Ignore me.
I guess you're a little bit right. ITN is more polite than you. More knowledgeable too.

For example, the last thing ITN said to me was, "LIAR". That's your idea of polite?

I am not necessarily polite to those that call me names or call me liar. You have done both, all in the name of your religion.

The Parrot Killer

26-01-2020 18:51
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Kettle logic. Inversion fallacy.

Have I used words where you're not sure what I intended them to mean?

Yes. Define 'climate change'. Define 'global warming'. Describe 'greenhouse effect' without violating the 1st or 2nd laws of thermodynamics or the Stefan-Boltzmann law.
tmiddles wrote:
If so I have great news I'm easy in that department! Just go here:
https://www.dictionary.com/

Dictionaries don't define words. RFAF.
tmiddles wrote:
I'm super ordinary in that respect and I always clarify as needed.

Lie.
tmiddles wrote:
Now you you please clarify?

RQAA
tmiddles wrote:
What do Inversion fallacy and kettle logic mean to you ITN?

RQAA
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
How many of your personalities are betting?

YALIF
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:

I don't believe you.
And as usually won't support his own statement with an answer.

RFAF
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:
...do me a favor, ignore me.

Unfortunately keepit this board is open season for Trolls and we just have to live with the harassment.

YALIF

The Parrot Killer

26-01-2020 18:56
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ITN,
Disagreeing with another person's politics or another person's science isn't anywhere near calling them a liar. Saying you don't believe someone isn't the same either. Don't be inflammatory.
26-01-2020 20:08
(14389)
keepit wrote: ITN, Disagreeing with another person's politics or another person's science isn't anywhere near calling them a liar.

You are so totally spot-on. I can't think of anything worse.

Let me check, what size shoe do you wear?

keepit wrote: Don't be inflammatory.

Ooooh, barking orders! I like that!

26-01-2020 20:14
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Get real IBDM,
There's no such thing as orders on this website. Where does your mind live - Siberia?
26-01-2020 20:42
(21582)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
Disagreeing with another person's politics or another person's science isn't anywhere near calling them a liar.

No, but calling them a liar is calling them a lair. Insulting them is insulting them. You have done both.
keepit wrote:
Saying you don't believe someone isn't the same either. Don't be inflammatory.

Inversion fallacy. It is YOU that has been inflammatory, though you now deny it.

The Parrot Killer

26-01-2020 20:42
(21582)
keepit wrote:
Get real IBDM,
There's no such thing as orders on this website. Where does your mind live - Siberia?

Then why did you bark one?

The Parrot Killer

26-01-2020 20:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ITN,
Me barking orders is only in your mind. It was only a suggestion from an older, more mature guy to a younger guy. I'm pretty sure i haven't called anyone a liar on this website or any website.
Yeah, i guess i have insulted. I hope you guys' habits don't rub off on me.
27-01-2020 09:43
(21582)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
Me barking orders is only in your mind.
No, you barked an order. Don't lie.
keepit wrote:
It was only a suggestion from an older, more mature guy to a younger guy.
No, you barked an order. Don't lie.
keepit wrote:
I'm pretty sure i haven't called anyone a liar on this website or any website.
Yes you have. Don't lie.
keepit wrote:
Yeah, i guess i have insulted.
You have done that too.
keepit wrote:
I hope you guys' habits don't rub off on me.

No, you have full control over what you say. Don't blame others for your problems.

The Parrot Killer

27-01-2020 15:28
(14389)
keepit wrote: Wiki specifically states that of all of conditions are not present the Kirchoffs law does not apply.

Thank you.

@ tmiddles, ... keepit likes to rely on "false authority" appeals.

keepit wrote:I looked up radiativity in my Physics Encyclopedia and found something about radiative transfer but it definitely was not the same as emissivity.

Thank you. Radiative transfer is another name used and, as I have stated many times, it is definitely NOT interchangeable with emissivity. For one thing, radiativity is dependent upon the material, the wavelength and the angle. Did you notice that?

Emissivity is just a number between 0.0 and 1.0 with no wavelength/frequency term.

Edited on 27-01-2020 15:32
Page 5 of 6<<<3456>

Join the debate 22 Reasons to be Skeptical of Man-Made Global Warming:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Pro-Palestinian protester arrested in death of Jewish man Paul Kessler. Told you so.016-11-2023 21:56
BREAKING NEWS- Woody Harrelson voted in as new Worlds smartest man003-03-2023 15:29
Man freed from jail for committing a crime that never even happened. LOL they tried that with me too316-02-2023 19:01
Man's energy use actually does explain climate change1809-02-2023 03:27
Merry Christmas, rejoice for a child is born to guide the stringing of Chinese made sweatshop lights025-12-2022 14:35
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact