Remember me
▼ Content

2016 'very likely' the warmest year

Page 2 of 2<12
27-11-2016 17:08
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)
climate scientist wrote: But because the overwhelming majority of the records do show warming, then this gives very high confidence in the fact that the atmosphere is warming.

Nope. The only "records" that show "warming," vast in number might they be, are fabricated and fudged.

As fas as ANYONE knows, the earth could be cooling right now.

Since science tells us that atmospheric composition has no bearing on average global temperature, and since science tells us that the sun's output is the only factor of significance in earth's average global temperature, and due to cause-effect we know that reduced solar output is accompanied by reduced solar magnetic field strength, and since we are measuring reduced solar magnetic field strength, the earth is probably cooling right now. Perhaps not much but cooling nonetheless, not warming.

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1963ARA%26A...1...41B

climate scientist wrote: Especially coupled with all the other independent evidence, such as shifts in the range of several species (such as mosquitos, owing to changes in temperature), melting sea ice and glaciers, changes in the phrenology of plants, warming in the oceans, etc.

Both Antarctica and the Greenland ice sheet are accumulating ice. As far as anyone knows, the ocean level could be lowering. Due to the aforementioned polar ice accumulation the ocean level probably is lowering, not rising. Perhaps not much but lowering nonetheless.

As far as anyone knows the oceans could be cooling. Since the earth is probably cooling right now, the average ocean temperature is probably cooling as well. Perhaps not much but cooling nonetheless, not warming.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
27-11-2016 21:33
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
[b]IBdaMann wrote: The only "records" that show "warming," vast in number might they be, are fabricated and fudged.

"i b da no-sigh-ants mann" has no science chemistry astronomy physics algebra & pre-calc in an unearned hi skule DEE-plooomaa. "i b da no-sigh-ants mann" has NOT explored science, doesn't know science & can NOT do science. "i b da no-sigh-ants mann" is glad that its thot process was NOT biased by education.
Edited on 27-11-2016 21:35
28-11-2016 14:41
climate scientist
★★☆☆☆
(257)
As far as anyone knows the oceans could be cooling. Since the earth is probably cooling right now, the average ocean temperature is probably cooling as well. Perhaps not much but cooling nonetheless, not warming.

IBdaMann, I am confused. For months now, you have insisted that there is no such thing as climate change, but now you are claiming that the Earth is cooling. Climate change, by definition, includes both warming and cooling changes. So I take it that you admit that the Earth's climate can change and that humans are capable of detecting this (given that you seem to be rather sure that the Earth is cooling, presumably you have based this view on some data)? Or is this simply your opinion on the matter, and is not based on any data/studies/measurements/theories?
28-11-2016 15:10
(14377)
climate scientist wrote: IBdaMann, I am confused. For months now, you have insisted that there is no such thing as climate change, but now you are claiming that the Earth is cooling.

I did not make that claim. That claim implies certainty where there is none. That's what you and your warmizombie brethren do. I do not.

I claimed two things, please state them correctly:

1) As far as you or anyone else knows, the earth COULD be cooling right now.

2) Given the reduced solar magnetic field strength, the earth is PROBABLY cooling right now, albeit to some unnoticeable degree.

These statements are true and they reveal the sheer dishonesty of your warmizombie brethren because they will not admit the truth of these statements. It's their insistence that they are somehow NOT true that allows me to easily pick them apart.

Hey, while we're on it, would you like to take the opportunity while I have these statements on the screen in front of you to insist that they are not true, and to explain why?

climate scientist wrote: Climate change, by definition, includes both warming and cooling changes.

No it doesn't. There is no such thing as "the earth's climate" ergo there is no such thing as "earth's climate change." We've been over this time and time again. You EVADE the topic whenever it arises.

We could try again if you'd like:

A. What is the earth's "climate"? Keep in mind that "climate" is just a word in the dictionary, meaning "prevailing local conditions." It is a contradiction to claim "global local conditions." Also, keep in mind that "climate" is not defined anywhere in the body of science. Also keep in mind that you need to commit to making "climate" completely falsifiable, and to clearly state whether this "climate" thing is a real, material thing to which I can point or whether it is simply a notional concept of numerical statistics/averages. It can't be both.

B. The earth has millions of climates. How does "climate" differ from any or all of them?

C. What are "climate's" units of measure?

D. In order to measure "climate change" one must measure "climate" at one point in time, then measure it again at another point in time, and then apply the mathematical operation of subtraction to get the difference, i.e. the change. How does one measure "climate"?

climate scientist wrote: So I take it that you admit that the Earth's climate can change

No, I don't "admit" that there is any such thing as the earth's "climate" ... much less that it can change.

climate scientist wrote: and that humans are capable of detecting this, ...

Even less.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
28-11-2016 15:12
(14377)
litesong wrote:
IBdaMann wrote: The only "records" that show "warming," vast in number might they be, are fabricated and fudged.

Thanks litesong. I hope your weekend was excellent.

28-11-2016 15:43
climate scientist
★★☆☆☆
(257)

2) Given the reduced solar magnetic field strength, the earth is PROBABLY cooling right now, albeit to some unnoticeable degree.

Do you have any sort of data or evidence to back up these statements, or are they only your opinions?

No it doesn't. There is no such thing as "the earth's climate" ergo there is no such thing as "earth's climate change."

Right... so you think that the earth is probably cooling right now, but there is no such thing as climate. So which part of the earth exactly is supposedly cooling? The atmosphere? Oceans? soils? All of these perhaps?

You do know that the word 'climate' does actually exist, right? As in, "the climate in Africa is warmer than the climate in Antarctica", and "climate-controlled vehicles" (i.e. refrigerated trucks).
28-11-2016 19:28
(14377)
climate scientist wrote:

Do you have any sort of data or evidence to back up these statements, or are they only your opinions?

Data for what, exactly? I'm guessing your logic isn't very good and you don't understand what I wrote.

climate scientist wrote:
No it doesn't. There is no such thing as "the earth's climate" ergo there is no such thing as "earth's climate change."

Right... so you think that the earth is probably cooling right now, but there is no such thing as climate. So which part of the earth exactly is supposedly cooling? The atmosphere? Oceans? soils? All of these perhaps?

All the things you listed are probably cooling, albeit to some unnoticeable extent. And yes, there is no earth's "the climate."

climate scientist wrote:You do know that the word 'climate' does actually exist, right? As in, "the climate in Africa is warmer than the climate in Antarctica", and "climate-controlled vehicles" (i.e. refrigerated trucks).

Confirmed! You suck at logic ... and you can't read. Take notes:

"Climate" is a word in the dictionary.

"Climate" refers to local conditions.

On earth there are millions of climates.

There is no such thing as a global climate, that is a contradiction. In fact, "Africa" is still too broad; it has a great many climates itself. When discussing a particular climate you bear the responsibility of focusing sufficiently such that it makes sense.

When you are discussing the earth you are far too broad to be discussing any particular climate.

Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate 2016 'very likely' the warmest year:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Happy New Year1203-01-2024 02:16
86 year old Jane Fonda will only date men in their 20's. Whew I'm safe204-12-2023 03:58
The retards at FOX news claim 74 year old rapist teacher faces 600 years behind bars004-08-2023 23:48
17 year old cyclist murdered, do not expect the law to investigate, as the cyclist is always at fault031-07-2023 22:23
LOL, the FBI is still looking for Jimmy Hoffa, as 100,000 Americans die of Fentanyl every year031-07-2023 19:16
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact