Remember me
▼ Content

2%

Page 2 of 3<123>
22-07-2020 03:41
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14395)
James___ wrote: I'm going to learn Mandarin so I can seek gainful employment in the future.

I've got bad news for you. There's a L - O - T of racism in China. If you ain't one of'em then they are agin-ya.

Also, there is plenty of gainful employment in China ... just not plenty of pay.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
22-07-2020 03:48
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Who really cares what the dollar was doing in 1914. Does it have an effect on today? There must be some effect but it's so long ago (106 years) that it couldn't be much. There are plenty of factors mitigating any effects.
22-07-2020 04:43
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
Who really cares what the dollar was doing in 1914. Does it have an effect on today? There must be some effect but it's so long ago (106 years) that it couldn't be much. There are plenty of factors mitigating any effects.

I take it that you aren't one to learn lessons from history... I take it that you are one who likes to make the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over and over and over...............
22-07-2020 04:57
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: I'm going to learn Mandarin so I can seek gainful employment in the future.

I've got bad news for you. There's a L - O - T of racism in China. If you ain't one of'em then they are agin-ya.

Also, there is plenty of gainful employment in China ... just not plenty of pay.

Work is work, right? We need to be thankful for what we can get because it's a "global economy". I'd like to contribute as well.
22-07-2020 05:02
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:

I take it that you aren't one to learn lessons from history... I take it that you are one who likes to make the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over and over and over...............

And yet people keep making babies and say "I have to provide for my family".
22-07-2020 05:07
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
gfm,
Do you call that an answer to a legitimate question? A patronizing answer isn't a substitute for a legitimate answer. Do you have anything legitimate and substantial and unpolluted with garbage?
22-07-2020 05:35
(14395)
keepit wrote: gfm, Do you call that an answer to a legitimate question? A patronizing answer isn't a substitute for a legitimate answer. Do you have anything legitimate and substantial and unpolluted with garbage?

keepit, do you have a legitimate response to his valid answer to your rather stupid question?

Just admit that you have no intention of learning from history and that you fully intend to repeat avoidable mistake after avoidable mistake. Your petty ad hominems are totally forthwith uncalled.

Did your mother teach you to speak that way? Did your mother teach you to be RUDE in that way? Was your mother one of those shrews who wouldn't even remove the cigarette from her lips to tell the State Trooper to gofe uk'em self? Did your mother bitch-slap you for hooking up the kitchen stove on the wrong part of the front lawn?

If your mother didn't teach you to be one rude sombich then who did?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
22-07-2020 05:40
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
gfm,
Do you call that an answer to a legitimate question? A patronizing answer isn't a substitute for a legitimate answer. Do you have anything legitimate and substantial and unpolluted with garbage?

This is funny because I have called him gaymotha****a before, gmf. It is like he would support the 2 Kentuckians who were planning on travelling out of state to visit family.
One tested positive for Covid 19 and they refused to sign a self quarantine agreement because then they couldn't go to the hospital.
https://kvia.com/health/2020/07/20/kentucky-couple-under-house-arrest-after-refusing-to-self-quarantine-for-virus/
It's their right to spread Covid 19 to family members in another state. If they want to get their parents or grandparents sick, it is their right. Like when my brother had typhoid fever and they quarantined him. His rights were violated.
And everyone associated with the source had to be tested for typhoid fever, a clear violation of everyone's rights. Where will this end?
No one had the right to quarantine my brother in the hospital until he either died or was cured.
BTW, please be mindful, people like you make babies and say "I have to take care of my babies". It is the same argument. No one matters but them. They justify what you do to support them. And when it allows for gfm, why do you have a problem with the end result? He wants his kids to have the same rights that you have.
Edited on 22-07-2020 05:42
22-07-2020 06:05
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
IBD,
As usual your response is out of whack fantasy.
My grandparents raised me for the most part and they were phenomenal parents and people. I wish i could be as great as them.

I'm still wondering if anyone can give a sensible answer to the question about the 1914 dollar and the 2020 dollar. That was what this exchange was going to be about.
Edited on 22-07-2020 06:08
22-07-2020 06:14
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And ya'all, seeing as they are both Americans, I'd like to be on TV with them. And because they are Americans, they would do it. Then I could ask them if they ever heard of Typhoid Mary
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Mallon
Only 1 out of 18 people she infected died. I know what my brother went through. He told me about it. And when no one else that either lived on that farm or had visited or been exposed contracted it, they said it was luck.
When my brother was hospitalized, he was placed in the strictest of quarantines. And then after the incubation period was over, everyone in my family had to be tested.
Self quarantine with no testing is getting off easy. And yet they were unhappy.
BTW, when I had a serious infection from surgery, I was hospitalized for over 3 weeks. The infection came close to killing me. Within 1 or 2 days. It was a drug resistant infection.
There's a funny story behind this. I was freezing to death. 85º F. outside and I was shivering. Luckily I had a home health nurse when I shouldn't have. She couldn't tell me to go to the ER. She let me know that she wasn't allowed to do that but suggested that I should.
The intake nurse found nothing wrong with me until I told her that I used ice to cool myself off with on the way to the hospital. Then when she took an ora temperature, it was about 103.5º F.
And about 2 minutes later I was on a bed and being told I will not be going anywhere until they knew why I was there. Did doctors have the right to keep me in the hospital? Without 3 weeks of intensive drug therapy, I would've died. Life can be that simple.
And if you have a disease/infection that is known to kill, who makes that decision? Basically, I am alive today because of a mistake in medical billing. I didn't have insurance but the hospital said that I did and provided the home health nurse who told me to go to the emergency room. Without her, I would have wondered why I was freezing to death.
If ya'all don't gt it, high fever is inside of you, the freeing you feel is your capillaries in your skin not radiating heat.
22-07-2020 06:16
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21592)
keepit wrote:

The people of 1914.

Since 1914, the value of the dollar is 1/65th of it's value. Yes. That's today.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
22-07-2020 06:18
(21592)
keepit wrote:
gfm,
Do you call that an answer to a legitimate question?

You didn't ask a legitimate question.
keepit wrote:
A patronizing answer isn't a substitute for a legitimate answer.

You didn't ask a legitimate question.
keepit wrote:
Do you have anything legitimate and substantial and unpolluted with garbage?

Inversion fallacy. Evasion. Answer the questions put to you.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
22-07-2020 06:19
(21592)
keepit wrote:
IBD,
My grandparents raised me for the most part and they were phenomenal parents and people. I wish i could be as great as them.

I'm still wondering if anyone can give a sensible answer to the question about the 1914 dollar and the 2020 dollar. That was what this exchange was going to be about.

RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

22-07-2020 06:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
IBD,

RQAA.

At the end of the day, the Billy Jack movies didn't help Native Americans. Today, how could people help them? That is if we like America, right?
22-07-2020 16:56
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
If a 1914 dollar has an effect on today, then how much effect does a 1950 dollar have on today.
Maybe the 1914 dollar is out of causal contact.
Even if you had a 1914 dollar you couldn't redeem it for silver or gold. I think they made a law against that. I could be wrong though.
22-07-2020 17:53
(14395)
keepit wrote: If a 1914 dollar has an effect on today, then how much effect does a 1950 dollar have on today.
Even if you had a 1914 dollar you couldn't redeem it for silver or gold. I think they made a law against that. I could be wrong though.

keepit, the answer is yes, you are a moron.

No one either stated or implied that any dollars travel time outside the normal rate and direction for their inertial frame of reference. You really have no reading comprehension, perhaps because your cognitive activity is being retarded by having Marxists do your thinking for you.

The topic is the inflationary effect of the Fed, not of dollars travelling through time.

Once again, the topic is the inflationary effect of the Fed, not of dollars travelling through time.

If the Fed had not engaged in their inflationary activity then today's dollar would be worth 64 times what it is. The United State would not have been able to incur nearly as much debt which was bankrolled by devaluing the US dollar.

So how would you redistribute the nation's wealth? What is your recommendation for more equitable access to the means of production?

How does your deity "God" enjoy playing second fiddle to the Coronaflu? He can't be happy about that.

Oh, I've been meaning to ask you: Does God smile upon those of his children who tear down statues? He can't be happy about playing second fiddle to Black Lives Matter.

22-07-2020 18:03
(3314)
keepit wrote:
gfm,

It was a legitimate answer to a stupid question.
22-07-2020 18:05
(3314)
keepit wrote:
IBD,

RQAA.
22-07-2020 18:07
(3314)
keepit wrote:
If a 1914 dollar has an effect on today, then how much effect does a 1950 dollar have on today.

Another stupid question. RQAA.
22-07-2020 19:36
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Think of the dollars in the form of treasuries like this. They are reserve dollars and are significant.
We have very few of the military that are actually fighting right now but still they are significant. To say that the reserve dollars (treasuries) aren't a significant part of the economy is to say that we don't have a military because most of them aren't actually fighting a war. It is the same with military hardware. Most of it isn't being used but it is still significant because it is in reserve, like the dollars in treasuries.
It would be very good to pay those treasuries off because they are a liability that is also drawing interest expense.

One thing college professors say a lot is, "there are no stupid questions. Ask everything you want." They also never say that their students are stupid.
The fact that you (gfm and IBD) say these things is very telling.
Edited on 22-07-2020 19:46
22-07-2020 19:45
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

D@mn, now what am I going to do?
22-07-2020 19:48
(14395)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

D@mn, now what am I going to do?

You are going to take that job in China because it should be about investing in the job, not in betting on the job.

22-07-2020 22:42
(21592)
keepit wrote:
Think of the dollars in the form of treasuries like this. They are reserve dollars and are significant.

Treasuries are not currency, dude. They are not 'reserve dollars'. Dollars are 'reserve dollars'. Look at your $1 bill in your pocket. See that bit that says "Federal Reserve Note"? That's not a bond, dude. It's a dollar. It's cash.
keepit wrote:
We have very few of the military that are actually fighting right now but still they are significant.

False equivalence.
keepit wrote:
To say that the reserve dollars (treasuries) aren't a significant part of the economy is to say that we don't have a military because most of them aren't actually fighting a war.

Treasury bonds are not cash.
keepit wrote:
It is the same with military hardware. Most of it isn't being used but it is still significant because it is in reserve, like the dollars in treasuries.

Treasury bonds are not cash.
keepit wrote:
It would be very good to pay those treasuries off because they are a liability that is also drawing interest expense.

Works for me. The House, however, seems unwilling to do it. They don't have the cash to do it, for one thing, unless they print it; paying off the debt with dollars that are worth less, and causing a cash crash. Or, they can simply not pay the debt at all and cause a debt crash. Or, they can try to tax you for it (each taxpayer currently owes about $213,000 of that) and cause a tax crash.

Which do you prefer?

keepit wrote:
One thing college professors say a lot is, "there are no stupid questions. Ask everything you want." They also never say that their students are stupid.

Professors routinely tell their students they are stupid. I even knew one would charge a $5 fine for asking a stupid question.
keepit wrote:
The fact that you (gfm and IBD) say these things is very telling.

Nah. You're just stupid. You refuse to learn.

The Parrot Killer

22-07-2020 23:00
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ITN,
Which do you prefer?
I prefer printing dollars.
We're in a financial and health crisis. There's gonna be a price to pay.
What college are you talking about ? The college of northern siberia?
Try to wrap your head around the concept of "reserve dollars". Not to be confused with the federal reserve.

Also, you aren't a professor and i'm not stupid. Google says so.

You went to the wrong college ITN. Where i went, if a professor fined students $5 and called students stupid, that professor would be done! Or at least strongly disciplined (in the case of a professor with tenure).
Edited on 22-07-2020 23:24
22-07-2020 23:14
(3314)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
Which do you prefer?

So you prefer a cash crash?

keepit wrote:
We're in a financial and health crisis.

What "health crisis"??

keepit wrote:
There's gonna be a price to pay.
Try to wrap your head around the concept of "reserve dollars". Not to be confused with the federal reserve.

Also, you aren't a professor and i'm not stupid. Google says so.

Fear mongering.
Repetitive stupidity.
23-07-2020 01:42
(21592)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
Which do you prefer?

So you prefer a cash crash.
keepit wrote:
We're in a financial and health crisis.

Yes and yes. These are two different crisis, with two different causes.
We are in a financial crisis. The Federal government is effectively broke.
We are in a health crisis. It is being manufactured for political reasons and actual health concerns are being ignored...sometimes with deadly results.
keepit wrote:
There's gonna be a price to pay.

What do you mean 'gonna'?
keepit wrote:

I am not talking about a college. Siberia is a proper noun. It is capitalized.
keepit wrote:

Reserve dollars are created by the federal reserve. That has nothing to do with treasury bonds.
keepit wrote:
Also, you aren't a professor

Yes I am.
keepit wrote:
and i'm not stupid.

Yes you are.
keepit wrote:
Google says so.

Google has no say. False authority fallacy.
keepit wrote:
You went to the wrong college ITN.

You don't get to denigrate an institution you have no knowledge about.
keepit wrote:
Where i went, if a professor fined students $5 and called students stupid, that professor would be done!

Nope. He's still teaching. A very good instructor.
keepit wrote:
Or at least strongly disciplined (in the case of a professor with tenure).

Nope. He does not receive discipline. Tenure means nothing but swamp rat.

The Parrot Killer

23-07-2020 01:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Go play footsie with someone else if you can't be straightforward and open.
I know from what you said that it is a college that permits 5$ fines and permits calling students stupid.
By the way, what are you a professor of?
"Reserve dollars" is a concept. Not something that is printed by the federal reserve directly. Don't let the concept throw you.
You said professor regarding the 5$ fine. That pretty much designates a college. What do you mean when you say you're not talking about a college. Be straightforward and avoid the footsie games. It's pointless. Noone is impressed.

I hope you're not playing semantic games with the word "professor".
Edited on 23-07-2020 01:59
23-07-2020 02:34
(3314)
keepit wrote:

He was very straightforward.

keepit wrote:
I know from what you said that it is a college that permits 5$ fines and permits calling students stupid.

Sounds like a good college to me.

keepit wrote:

He can answer that.

keepit wrote:
"Reserve dollars" is a concept. Not something that is printed by the federal reserve directly. Don't let the concept throw you.

Have you ever looked at your money?

keepit wrote:
You said professor regarding the 5$ fine.

Okay, this is bothering me now... it's $5, not 5$...

keepit wrote:
That pretty much designates a college. What do you mean when you say you're not talking about a college. Be straightforward and avoid the footsie games. It's pointless. Noone is impressed.

He was very straightforward.

keepit wrote:

keepitA3. (Whining about semantics)
23-07-2020 10:09
(21592)
keepit wrote:

I'm not hiding anything. You are just confused again.
keepit wrote:

Why do you think it's a college?
keepit wrote:

Science, philosophy, electronics, avionics, aerodynamics, some mechanics, some aspects of chemistry, history, logic, economics, governmental structures and their history, program structures, data structures, mathematics, and various subjects on religion, faith, and repentance.
keepit wrote:
"Reserve dollars" is a concept.

It is also the currency currently used in the United States.
keepit wrote:
Not something that is printed by the federal reserve directly.

Printing them is authorized by the federal reserve directly.
keepit wrote:
Don't let the concept throw you.

Not a concept. Cash.
keepit wrote:
You said professor regarding the 5$ fine.

Yes I did. Good for you.
keepit wrote:
That pretty much designates a college.

No, it doesn't.
keepit wrote:
What do you mean when you say you're not talking about a college.

I mean what I say.
keepit wrote:
Be straightforward and avoid the footsie games. It's pointless. Noone is impressed.

You are just confused again.
keepit wrote:

Nope. You are.

The Parrot Killer

23-07-2020 11:58
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Looking forward to getting my CO2 meter so we can get at least on thread back on CC/AGW.
23-07-2020 16:42
(14395)
duncan61 wrote:Looking forward to getting my CO2 meter so we can get at least on thread back on CC/AGW.

Actually, I was hoping you would start a brand new thread for that.

Wait, why wait for your CO2 meter to arrive? Heck, I'll start it for you right now.

Done!

There's a thread just for you and your measurements Right Here.

https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/the-actual-percentage-of-atmospheric-co2-d6-e3237.php

23-07-2020 18:43
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
Science, philosophy, electronics, avionics, aerodynamics, some mechanics, some aspects of chemistry, history, logic, economics, governmental structures and their history, program structures, data structures, mathematics, and various subjects on religion, faith, and repentance.

What about etymology?
23-07-2020 18:52
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
In my world "professor" means college and college professor means Ph.D and that takes 5 years. All those subject listed would take a hundred years to attain attain Ph.D level expertise in each those subjects. This is clearly a failure to communicate.
By the way N95 mask means 95% efficient and 5% gets through.
Edited on 23-07-2020 19:09
23-07-2020 19:19
(14395)
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

What about etymology?

I have enrolled in a few of his engineering classes. Good stuff. I never took the end-of-course surveys like I was supposed to, though.

23-07-2020 19:42
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

What about etymology?

I have enrolled in a few of his engineering classes. Good stuff. I never took the end-of-course surveys like I was supposed to, though.

Ahhhhh... I've enrolled in some of his Science and Logic classes in the past. He even threw in some Philosophy and Mathematics content as a bonus for being such a good student. I skipped the surveys as well.
23-07-2020 19:49
(3314)
keepit wrote:
In my world "professor" means college and college professor means Ph.D and that takes 5 years.

Your world sounds very mixed up... That's what happens when one speaks Liberal.

ITN is correct. One can be a professor without working at a college (and one doesn't even need a degree to be one either!)

keepit wrote:
All those subject listed would take a hundred years to attain attain Ph.D level expertise in each those subjects. This is clearly a failure to communicate.

A PhD is not required to be a professor.

keepit wrote:

... you haven't formed a complete thought here ... Try again.
23-07-2020 20:51
(14395)
keepit wrote: In my world "professor" means college and college professor means Ph.D and that takes 5 years.

More and more degree-awarding institutions have decided to have experts in industry teach the information rather than morons who simply have academic credentials.

For my Masters program I had many professors who were highly paid professionals in their field ... who were willing to share their expertise part time as a professor. Much, much better.

keepit wrote: All those subject listed would take a hundred years to attain attain Ph.D level expertise in each those subjects.

Whoa .... easy there Tiger ... academic credentials do not equate to expertise. Academic credentials are merely the receipt for paying your tuition to a university.

Expertise in industry is demonstrated by the big paycheck from the real world that demands results. Academics simply verify that you completed their checklist of topics.

Those who can, do. Those who can't are limited to teaching others to complete checklists.

Oh, by the way, Into the Night clearly needed only his lifetime to acquire his expertise.

keepit wrote: By the way N95 mask means 95% efficient and 5% gets through.

Correct, 5% of the 3,000 nanometer particles get through. We can figure ~99% of 120 nanometer viruses get through holes bigger than 3,000 nanometers.

Attached image:

Edited on 23-07-2020 20:53
23-07-2020 22:13
(21592)
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

What about etymology?

Yes. Thank you.

The Parrot Killer

23-07-2020 22:14
(21592)
keepit wrote:
In my world
The world isn't yours.
keepit wrote:
"professor" means college and college professor means Ph.D and that takes 5 years. All those subject listed would take a hundred years to attain attain Ph.D level expertise in each those subjects. This is clearly a failure to communicate.
Semantics fallacy.
keepit wrote:

Semantics fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

23-07-2020 23:01
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
"In my world" is a figure of speech.
Time and time again ITN. What's the problem?
Page 2 of 3<123>

Join the debate 2%:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact