Writer with Climatology Questions

Page 2 of 2<12
08-08-2017 18:57
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Green Turd wrote;
Compare Phoenix to Macon, for example. 110 would cook Macon,

Since you mentioned Macon, I assume that's where you live. Did some checking to see what kind of warming is going on in your back yard. Closest reporting station is in Adrian Michigan. What do you make of this little nugget?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

08-08-2017 19:09
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Green Turd wrote;

Since you mentioned Macon, I assume that's where you live. Did some checking to see what kind of warming is going on in your back yard. Closest reporting station is in Adrian Michigan. What do you make of this little nugget?

Remember - he writes his own graphs. He proves there is warming by proving there isn't.
08-08-2017 19:49
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Wake wrote:
Remember - he writes his own graphs. He proves there is warming by proving there isn't.

Good point... He did say he is an engineer. Haven't heard from him much today. He's probably busy writing his next Algoreism.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
08-08-2017 20:21
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Wake wrote:

Good point... He did say he is an engineer. Haven't heard from him much today. He's probably busy writing his next Algoreism.

Either that or attending Gore's next movie on global warming. It was an absolute hoot when Al Gore was touring the country "warning" us all of the coming ice age. Then after Dr. Mann he did an about face and it was global warming that was the threat to all mankind.

Gore makes over $100,000 per speech. He warns about CO2. But he flies to and from these speeches in a private jet. And he is chauffeured about in limousines.

Apparently his fear of the coming climate crisis doesn't include his own comfort.
08-08-2017 21:38
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Green Turd wrote;

The source of this data is known and verified. This is an individual station log of that weather station, containing the raw data recorded there.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-08-2017 23:41
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Wake wrote:

Either that or attending Gore's next movie on global warming. It was an absolute hoot when Al Gore was touring the country "warning" us all of the coming ice age. Then after Dr. Mann he did an about face and it was global warming that was the threat to all mankind.

Gore makes over $100,000 per speech. He warns about CO2. But he flies to and from these speeches in a private jet. And he is chauffeured about in limousines.

Apparently his fear of the coming climate crisis doesn't include his own comfort.

Your memory is failing you again, Wake. Gore was never touring the country warning of a coming ice age.
09-08-2017 00:07
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Surface Detail wrote:
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Wake wrote:

Your memory is failing you again, Wake. Gore was never touring the country warning of a coming ice age.

Yes, that's it MY failing memory:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/22289-climate-alarmists-have-been-wrong-about-virtually-everything

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-25/al-gore-wants-15-trillion-fight-2-degree-global-temperature-rise

"With all that said, we thought this would be a good opportunity to put Al's view of the future into perspective by reviewing some of the apocalyptic predictions made at the first Earth Day in 1970, courtesy of AEI.org:

Harvard biologist George Wald estimated that "civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind."
"We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation," wrote Washington University biologist Barry Commoner in the Earth Day issue of the scholarly journal Environment.
"Most of the people who are going to die in the greatest cataclysm in the history of man have already been born," wrote Paul Ehrlich in a 1969 essay titled "Eco-Catastrophe!" "By...[1975] some experts feel that food shortages will have escalated the present level of world hunger and starvation into famines of unbelievable proportions. Other experts, more optimistic, think the ultimate food-population collision will not occur until the decade of the 1980s."
Ehrlich sketched out his most alarmist scenario for the 1970 Earth Day issue of The Progressive, assuring readers that between 1980 and 1989, some 4 billion people, including 65 million Americans, would perish in the "Great Die-Off."
In January 1970, Life reported, "Scientists have solid experimental and theoretical evidence to support...the following predictions: In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution...by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half...."
Paul Ehrlich chimed in, predicting in 1970 that "air pollution...is certainly going to take hundreds of thousands of lives in the next few years alone." Ehrlich sketched a scenario in which 200,000 Americans would die in 1973 during "smog disasters" in New York and Los Angeles.
Paul Ehrlich warned in the May 1970 issue of Audubon that DDT and other chlorinated hydrocarbons "may have substantially reduced the life expectancy of people born since 1945." Ehrlich warned that Americans born since 1946...now had a life expectancy of only 49 years, and he predicted that if current patterns continued this expectancy would reach 42 years by 1980, when it might level out. (Note: According to the most recent CDC report, life expectancy in the US is 78.8 years).
Ecologist Kenneth Watt declared, "By the year 2000, if present trends continue, we will be using up crude oil at such a rate...that there won't be any more crude oil. You'll drive up to the pump and say, `Fill 'er up, buddy,' and he'll say, `I am very sorry, there isn't any.'"
Harrison Brown, a scientist at the National Academy of Sciences, published a chart in Scientific American that looked at metal reserves and estimated the humanity would totally run out of copper shortly after 2000. Lead, zinc, tin, gold, and silver would be gone before 1990.
Sen. Gaylord Nelson wrote in Look that, "Dr. S. Dillon Ripley, secretary of the Smithsonian Institute, believes that in 25 years, somewhere between 75 and 80 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct."
Kenneth Watt warned about a pending Ice Age in a speech. "The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years," he declared. "If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age."

When Gore was confronted with the entire failure of every single one of his predictions he said, "I didn't fail - the world stopped polluting."

I guess if it's good enough for Gore it should be good enough for you moron.
09-08-2017 00:17
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Wake wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Wake wrote:

Yes, that's it MY failing memory:

(irrelevant rambling omitted)

Thanks for the admission. Now I'd suggest actually finding documentary evidence that supports your assertions rather than relying on your obviously faulty memory if you want to stop making a fool of yourself.
09-08-2017 00:19
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Surface Detail wrote:
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Wake wrote:

He did say this....
"increasing per-person use of water combined with global climate change could lead to "poverty, hunger and disease," "revolutionary political disorder" and "wars fought over natural resources like fresh water."

...and then released 4 billion gallons of water into the drought stricken Connecticut River so his canoe would float for a photo op.

You can't make this stuff up!!
09-08-2017 00:21
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Wake wrote:

He did say this....
"increasing per-person use of water combined with global climate change could lead to "poverty, hunger and disease," "revolutionary political disorder" and "wars fought over natural resources like fresh water."

...and then released 4 billion gallons of water into the drought stricken Connecticut River so his canoe would float for a photo op.

Well, you can, and you just did.
09-08-2017 00:29
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
I don't need to give a link. We all know this happened. Just Giggle it and see if you can't find dozens of stories on this.

WASHINGTON – Al Gore's campaign was up a creek yesterday after utility officials released 4 billion gallons of water into the drought-stricken Connecticut River to float the veep's boat for photographers.

New Hampshire officials released the water from a dam at the request of the Secret Service, which was worried Gore's canoe might run aground.

"They won't release the water for the fish when we ask them to, but somehow they find themselves able to release it for a politician," groused John Kassel, director of Vermont's Natural Resources Department, to the Washington Times, which first reported the story.

"The only reason they did this was to make sure the vice president's canoe didn't get stuck," Kassel said.

Gore was in New Hampshire to urge Americans to protect the nation's environment and to announce new federal grants to the state, which is the site of the first presidential primary.
09-08-2017 00:34
(21588)
Surface Detail wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Wake wrote:

He did say this....

Well, you can, and you just did.

Nope. Actually happened. You should be more informed about the Son Al Gore in the Church of Global Warming. He is always good for rising from the political dead from time to time to say or do something stupid.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-08-2017 00:40
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
GasGuzzler wrote:
I don't need to give a link. We all know this happened. Just Giggle it and see if you can't find dozens of stories on this.

WASHINGTON – Al Gore's campaign was up a creek yesterday after utility officials released 4 billion gallons of water into the drought-stricken Connecticut River to float the veep's boat for photographers.

New Hampshire officials released the water from a dam at the request of the Secret Service, which was worried Gore's canoe might run aground.

"They won't release the water for the fish when we ask them to, but somehow they find themselves able to release it for a politician," groused John Kassel, director of Vermont's Natural Resources Department, to the Washington Times, which first reported the story.

"The only reason they did this was to make sure the vice president's canoe didn't get stuck," Kassel said.

Gore was in New Hampshire to urge Americans to protect the nation's environment and to announce new federal grants to the state, which is the site of the first presidential primary.

I did google it. The water was released without Gore's knowledge, so it is a lie to say that he released it. Also, it was nowhere near 4 billion gallons. Also, it made virtually no difference at all to the local environment. As I say, you deniers can and do make it up, all the time.
09-08-2017 00:50
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
I did google it.

link?
The water was released without Gore's knowledge,

didn't have a clue about reality around him....still true 18 years later.
so it is a lie to say that he released it.

i don't think so...
Also, it was nowhere near 4 billion gallons.

Every story I read said 4 billion. Link?
Also, it made virtually no difference at all to the local environment.

1, tell that to the local farmers who would love to have irrigated with that.
2, you mean like CO2?
As I say, you deniers can and do make it up, all the time.

just admit your spokesman is a dumbass...you really support this clown?
09-08-2017 00:52
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
GasGuzzler wrote:
I did google it.

link?
The water was released without Gore's knowledge,

didn't have a clue about reality around him....still true 18 years later.
so it is a lie to say that he released it.

i don't think so...
Also, it was nowhere near 4 billion gallons.

Every story I read said 4 billion. Link?
Also, it made virtually no difference at all to the local environment.

1, tell that to the local farmers who would love to have irrigated with that.
2, you mean like CO2?
As I say, you deniers can and do make it up, all the time.

just admit your spokesman is a dumbass...you really support this clown?

The Press v. Al Gore

"In retrospect, the most notable thing about the whole story was just how murky the facts were. Nobody from the Gore campaign asked for the water to be released. (Concerned about security, the Secret Service did.) As for the amount of water released, it was 500 million gallons, not 4 billion - a fact that Sammon reported a week later, long after other media ran with the original story. And the local utility company that operates the dam was already dumping millions of gallons of water into the parched Connecticut River every day. The routine release had simply been moved up a couple of hours to accommodate Gore's trip. The $7 million figure turned out to be completely inaccurate, since the water was not wasted. Instead, it passed through hydroelectric turbines and generated power that the utility company sold to other utilities."

Edit: And, of course, he never toured the country warning of a coming ice age. That's just Wake lying as usual.
Edited on 09-08-2017 00:54
09-08-2017 00:56
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
"routine release" to raise the Connecticut river 8"? I'll do some hydrology research but I'm not biting on that just yet.
10-08-2017 22:44
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:

By all means show us anything that could be interpreted as a cover-up by "big oil" that isn't purely in the imagination of a mentally disturbed person.

Here is a Greenpeace website that reveals how much money is actually flowing into the pockets of people like you Wake [unless you happen to be genuine in your pursuit of earth's destruction, and are doing it on your own].

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/global-warming/climate-deniers/koch-industries/

I couldn't help but notice your bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. Do a lot of people dislike you?

If so much money is being used to counter the CAGW case why have I not ever seen such propaganda?

Why is it that I constantly see the opposite?

How is it that it is Greenpeace with the expensive airship making this claim?
10-08-2017 23:02
(21588)
Tim the plumber wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:

By all means show us anything that could be interpreted as a cover-up by "big oil" that isn't purely in the imagination of a mentally disturbed person.

Here is a Greenpeace website that reveals how much money is actually flowing into the pockets of people like you Wake [unless you happen to be genuine in your pursuit of earth's destruction, and are doing it on your own].

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/global-warming/climate-deniers/koch-industries/

I couldn't help but notice your bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. Do a lot of people dislike you?

If so much money is being used to counter the CAGW case why have I not ever seen such propaganda?

Why is it that I constantly see the opposite?

How is it that it is Greenpeace with the expensive airship making this claim?

The usual revisionist view of the Church of Karl Marx?

The Parrot Killer

13-08-2017 17:37
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Surface Detail wrote: Well, you can, and you just did.

I was AT an Al Gore speech in which he talked about the coming ice age. Only a moron screaming that NOAA and Al Gore is correct now would tell us that NOAA and VP Al Gore weren't in the same bed then.
13-08-2017 19:07
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Surface Detail wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

I did google it. The water was released without Gore's knowledge, so it is a lie to say that he released it. Also, it was nowhere near 4 billion gallons. Also, it made virtually no difference at all to the local environment. As I say, you deniers can and do make it up, all the time.

The Secret Service is not allowed to make any such demands. You are so full of crap your eyeballs must be brown.
Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Writer with Climatology Questions:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
questions11813-01-2022 10:47
Questions about computers1304-01-2022 19:33
The Questions that Need to be Answered4714-07-2020 05:20
Questions for IBDM: 1) about Karl Marx411-03-2020 19:16
Questions for IBDM: 2) about Kafka611-03-2020 18:40
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact