Remember me
▼ Content

wind turbines

wind turbines11-06-2019 12:10
joeh917
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
I think that these turbines are an eyesore and ruin the look of the countryside and swans fly into them. Swans are one of my favourite birds, if you want to help the planet stop eating meat and go vegan like me.
11-06-2019 15:00
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14375)
joeh917 wrote: I think that these turbines are an eyesore and ruin the look of the countryside

What "look" does countryside have?

Are you in Europe? Some countryside is interesting but most of it is same-ol'-same-ol' and definitely needs some spicing up. Turbines might not be the best decore but they are better than nothing.

joeh917 wrote: and swans fly into them.

Not all swans fly into them. Only the stupid swans fly into them. Turbines will help swans evolve into smarter birds.

joeh917 wrote:Swans are one of my favourite birds,

... well, they surely will be once they evolve into smart birds.

joeh917 wrote: if you want to help the planet stop eating meat and go vegan

How do you believe you help the planet by being vegan?

joeh917 wrote: like me.

This site has no "like" function.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-06-2019 18:43
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
joeh917 wrote:
I think that these turbines are an eyesore and ruin the look of the countryside and swans fly into them. Swans are one of my favourite birds, if you want to help the planet stop eating meat and go vegan like me.

They certainly are an eyesore to me also. Worse, they are very expensive for the piddle power they produce.

Swans, hawks, eagles, pigeons, ravens, swallows, crows, just about any bird occasionally flies into the path of these things. At least it's quick, I suppose. I would say no more are lost this way than those flying into buildings, aircraft, or even cars.

Vegan diets are not healthy for you. You don't stop the hunting or the killing of animals. It is required even to raise vegetables and grain. Somebody's got to stop the rabbits, deer, and birds from eating the food before you do.

Raising cattle, pigs, ostriches, or any other animal helps the planet. It feeds people. People are part of the planet. So are those animals. You seem to think of the Earth as sterile except for vegetation.

Oh, and don't forget all the truckers that get that food to your table.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 11-06-2019 18:45
11-06-2019 21:40
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
Humans aren't vegetarians, our digestive system tolerates vegetation, and we can survive for long periods without meat. Herbivores are food processors, and better equipped to consume large quantities of vegetation, so we don't have to eat as much, or as often (smaller stomachs). On of the byproducts of herbivores, is large quantities of methane, another fabled 'Greenhouse' gas, with an offensive odor as well. I'd rather have the cattle out in the pastures, emitting methane, than riding on mass transit, with most vegans.

I've research veganism extensively, and really sort of appalled. Some do try to eat only fresh veggies, and vitamin supplements, some understanding of the human body. The vast majority seem to be in it, to be trendy, no clue as to what they are doing to their bodies. They create faux version of every food that they gave up, using heavily processed, mystery ingredients (Soylent Green?). I've only found a few foods, that don't have a vegan replacement for, and none of these fakes are cheap either. Leave you all to Google 'vegan' + you food of choice. There is vegan Spam in a can There is also vegan cat food, which is animal cruelty, yet they do this to protect animals...
12-06-2019 22:49
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Humans aren't vegetarians, our digestive system tolerates vegetation, and we can survive for long periods without meat. Herbivores are food processors, and better equipped to consume large quantities of vegetation, so we don't have to eat as much, or as often (smaller stomachs). On of the byproducts of herbivores, is large quantities of methane, another fabled 'Greenhouse' gas, with an offensive odor as well. I'd rather have the cattle out in the pastures, emitting methane, than riding on mass transit, with most vegans.

I've research veganism extensively, and really sort of appalled. Some do try to eat only fresh veggies, and vitamin supplements, some understanding of the human body. The vast majority seem to be in it, to be trendy, no clue as to what they are doing to their bodies. They create faux version of every food that they gave up, using heavily processed, mystery ingredients (Soylent Green?). I've only found a few foods, that don't have a vegan replacement for, and none of these fakes are cheap either. Leave you all to Google 'vegan' + you food of choice. There is vegan Spam in a can There is also vegan cat food, which is animal cruelty, yet they do this to protect animals...

I find vegetarians are by and large malnourished. Imposing this on cats, dogs, or children can be a form of cruelty, since they need proper diets. People sometimes do horrible things to those dependent on them in the name of their religion.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 12-06-2019 22:50
13-06-2019 20:33
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14375)
HarveyH55 wrote:I've research veganism extensively, and really sort of appalled. Some do try to eat only fresh veggies, and vitamin supplements, some understanding of the human body. The vast majority seem to be in it, to be trendy, no clue as to what they are doing to their bodies. They create faux version of every food that they gave up, using heavily processed, mystery ingredients (Soylent Green?). I've only found a few foods, that don't have a vegan replacement for, and none of these fakes are cheap either. Leave you all to Google 'vegan' + you food of choice. There is vegan Spam in a can There is also vegan cat food, which is animal cruelty, yet they do this to protect animals...

There is a big difference between "vegentarian" and "Vegan."

Vegetarian is simply a diet.

Vegan is an organized deity-free religion, with a morality component and a dogma about how one should live one's life, ... no different from Budhism and some native American faiths. Of course, like Global Warming, Vegans specifically refer to their religion as "not a religion" (but they do, at least, recognize the morality component of their faith).

Into the Night is correct about the vegetarian diet being suboptimal; it is easy to pick apart the nutritional deficiencies. Veganism, however, is more difficult to attack because it is no more falsifiable than Christianity or Islam. Organizations like PETA are easy to attack for their hypocrisy and dishonesty, but Vegans simply assume the role of "champions of animals." They don't believe in harming animals in the same way Hindu's don't believe in harming bovines (not exactly for the same reason, but the end result is the same).

Ergo, you can easily make the case for the Vegan's diet not being healthy but Vegans can always make the case that the sacrifice is morally what should be done.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Join the debate wind turbines:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Using Wind Turbines is Mass Murder301-02-2024 03:00
Offshore wind projects face economic storm. Cancellations jeopardize Biden clean energy goals705-11-2023 20:41
THIS MONTH'S WORLD'S LARGEST WIND TURBINE GOES OPERATIONAL529-07-2023 20:03
Patened enclosed vertical axis wind turbine. Seeking business partner.17229-12-2022 20:50
Surplus electricity from wind power8801-02-2021 01:46
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact