Remember me
▼ Content

Wind Plan from Utility or Solar Panels


Wind Plan from Utility or Solar Panels06-12-2016 00:11
Jack_S
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
A couple of years ago I switched to the 100% wind power plan in my area (Houston Texas Area). The provider purchases Wind Renewable Energy Credits for all of the energy I use. Recently I began to look into installing solar panels on my house to reduce my energy bills long term. However in Texas you are only allowed to install solar panels to cover 80% of the power which you used the previous year prior to the installation. If I install the solar panels I was told that I would need to switch the plan and company I am currently on for the remaining 20% of the power I consume. For arguments sake lets say that the plan I would be going on to would use fossil fuels for power production.

My question is what method would have the lower carbon footprint. Do the Renewable Energy Credits they are purchasing based upon my electricity bill actually reduce the carbon emissions my house produces? Instinct would say that the 100% wind plan would be better as all of the energy would be based upon wind power but I am not sure about the effectiveness of the renewable energy credits.

Please Advise
Join the debate Wind Plan from Utility or Solar Panels:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Wind power is the earliest way to generate power, but there's a reason it stopped being used.525-04-2019 03:20
Why don't they build really high poles to mount solar panels?723-04-2019 01:05
Wind Turbines Look good but not worth it!231-03-2019 19:09
This is New York City's $10 billion plan to 'climate-proof' itself920-03-2019 13:02
Radical plan to artificially cool Earth's climate could be safe, study finds213-03-2019 20:49
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact