Remember me
▼ Content

Why the silence on zero point energy?

Why the silence on zero point energy?11-10-2017 21:41
sceptic777
☆☆☆☆☆
(30)
I've been hearing much about zero point, or quantum vacuum energy over the years on the net but not a word on the mainstream media. They won't mention it, they won't condemn it or criticize it. Has anyone here seen anything mentioned on the main stream media? With all the noise about pollution and CO2 production this would be a massive solution to those problems.

It appears like the powers-that-be don't want the public to even think that the idea even exists. I've read that there is research and even a working model of it and that all we need now is the up-scaling and commercialization of the units.

It may be because it would upset the whole world for a while. With free energy everything would have to be reorganized and huge unemployment would be a looming problem, i.e. much fewer people needed for the energy sector. Some very credible people have put their name behind this, E.G. -Bearden and Dr Steven Greer.
Any ideas about this?
14-10-2017 17:54
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
You are talking about dark energy.

So called because we can't detect it at all. The only reason the idea exists is that something has to be supplying the energy to explain the expansion of the universe, right???

Well science does not know the answer. So unless you can harness this utterly undetectable energy your self, thus gaining the Nobel prize and all the money in the world it is sheer speculation.
14-10-2017 19:34
sceptic777
☆☆☆☆☆
(30)
Tim, I don't think it is dark energy.
The theory comes from Quantum Physics. A Physicist named ....... Wolfe said that every time they tried to measure the energy from the quantum void their instruments went off scale so, the energy is hardly undetectable.
11-04-2018 19:59
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
sceptic777 wrote:
Tim, I don't think it is dark energy.
The theory comes from Quantum Physics. A Physicist named ....... Wolfe said that every time they tried to measure the energy from the quantum void their instruments went off scale so, the energy is hardly undetectable.

I don't know where that is coming from. Zero Point Energy is little more than a theory in Quantum mechanics. The energy is due to the fact that you cannot reduce the Universe to a temperature of absolute zero and so can theoretically treat the matter in a void as containing the field of all of the matter in the universe.

So there IS no energy other than that passing through and it is only a theory so rarefied that only the most competent quantum mechanic Physicists can even discuss it. It cannot really be detected and it has been spoken about since Tesla made comments probably when he was suffering from aging disease that you could power the world with it. In 110 years it has never even been shown to be even detectable.
19-12-2019 01:17
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
I've heard it said by quantum theory physicists to each other and others - "So, you think you understand quantum physics? --- Well, you don't."
That being said, as i understand it, there is a quantum of energy even in empty space. Some say that that is zero point energy and that zero point energy is "dark energy". I guess i agree that there is a quantum of energy coming into and out of existence even in empty space but i don't think it is dark energy.
My personal theory of what dark energy is, is that there are extra dimensions (some call them Calabai Yau spaces) and the extra dimensions emerge into our 3 dimensions in locations where there is a paucity of gravity. These extra dimensions then cause extra space to occur in those locations. Those locations are between galaxies and that is where the extra dimensions show themselves. The result is the apparent expansion of space and that is what is called "dark energy". If some gravity were to enter the locations where the extra dimensions are, then the extra dimensions would go back where they came from and there would be a shrinkage of space. It's kind of like Einstein's theory of gravity causing the warping of space and vice versa.
Edited on 19-12-2019 01:20

Join the debate Why the silence on zero point energy?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Ron Desantis involved in crash, it is not known at this point if an RFKjr lookalike was involved125-07-2023 22:19
LOL, California has way way way too much water at this point1702-05-2023 20:59
A moment of silence to remember the day that the sleeping giant awakened on Dec-7-19414110-12-2022 10:37
The Savior Reveal The New Financial Fair Society Contribution Point System014-07-2021 06:27
Why don't one of the climate scientists commit suicide to make a point?127-02-2019 04:22
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact