Remember me
▼ Content

Why CO2 and H2O vapor should be celebrated, not demonized

Why CO2 and H2O vapor should be celebrated, not demonized01-01-2016 17:42
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
CO2 and H2O are the gases of life. They are IR active and, as such, redistribute the heat from the ground throughout the troposphere and retains heat throughout the night and regulate the temperature of the lower troposphere where all living things reside. Without them, the ground at day would be well over boiling point, about 120 C, and, only a few feet off the ground at day would be like -40 C. Without them, the ground at night would be well below freezing point, about -180 C. To see what it is like without CO2 and H2O vapor, look no further than the Moon. Without them, there would be no liquid water on Earth. Without water vapor, your skin would dry up and crack within a minute. CO2 and water are fundamental to all life on Earth. All living things are hydrocarbon and water based. Without them, Earth would be a dead planet, like every other planet known thus far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmbHnGgjntw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzVMSxszudo

Mars, which has an atmosphere comprising 96% CO2, has weak greenhouse effect due to its puny atmosphere compared to Earth. There, near the equator, ground temperature at day reaches 6 C and ground temperature at night reaches -70 C, unable to sustain life. On Earth, due to a much stronger greenhouse effect, day night temperature difference is typically only a few degrees C, and sustains life.

http://www.space.com/17828-mars-weather-curiosity-rover-discovery.html

The more CO2 and H2O vapor there is in the air due to burning fossil fuels, the more the temperature is regulated, the less is the difference between ground temperature and temperature only a few feet off the ground, the less is the difference in day temperature and night temperature, the more moist is the air, the more comfortable it is for living things, because living things don't like temperature swings and they like uniformly distributed temperature and they like moist air.
Edited on 01-01-2016 18:37
01-01-2016 22:28
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
http://www.populartechnology.net/2008/11/carbon-dioxide-co2-is-not-pollution.html
01-01-2016 23:10
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pt7ZU0zdso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIq68D38oh4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS0IKsLxFkA
Edited on 02-01-2016 00:06
02-01-2016 00:12
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
CO2 and H2O are the gases of life. They are IR active and, as such, redistribute the heat from the ground throughout the troposphere and retains heat throughout the night and regulate the temperature of the lower troposphere where all living things reside. Without them, the ground at day would be well over boiling point, about 120 C, and, only a few feet off the ground at day would be like -40 C. Without them, the ground at night would be well below freezing point, about -180 C. To see what it is like without CO2 and H2O vapor, look no further than the Moon.

False. The atmosphere as a whole does what you are describing. If you were to replace all the atmospheric CO2 and water vapor with an equivalent mass of some other gas, e.g. more nitrogen, the atmosphere would behave exactly the same temperature-wise.

No transparent atmospheric gas has any magical superpower to behave outside the laws of physics.

The surface of the moon is as it is because of the absence of atmosphere, not because of an absence of CO2 and water vapor.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-01-2016 00:58
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2TPE0ERdl4
02-01-2016 01:18
(14389)
Tai Hai Chen wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2TPE0ERdl4

I know. If it's on the internet then it is fact.

Corrolary: If it's on YouTube, then it is fact.

Barts' Corrolary: If it's on Wikipedia then it is fact.

Barts' 1st Rule: If he cannot find it on the website on which he looks, it's FALSE.

Barts' 2nd Rule: If you cannot find your specific application of a particular science model on the internet, then the science and/or math you are using is incorrect.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Edited on 02-01-2016 01:24
02-01-2016 01:20
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6brInrx-GE0
02-01-2016 02:29
(14389)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6brInrx-GE0

There's a lot of good information in this video. The facts about nature are correct, especially the part at the end that explains the obviousness of the Global Cooling we should expect over the next few decades.

Too much time, however, is wasted making the case that the Church of Global Warming has systematically doctored, cooked and fudged data in every conceivable way in order to give the appearance of indiscernible warming. No such case needs to be made. It is already assumed as common knowledge. Any rational person would conclude that had all of that number fudging not occurred, the data would accurately reflect the Global Cooling we are experiencing from the observed reduced solar output.

@ Tim the Plumber - Did you catch that? Global Cooling. Observable reduced solar output.

02-01-2016 02:33
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
I imagine, if there is global cooling over the next few decades, they'll say it's caused by CO2. It's not called global warming anymore. It's called climate change.
Edited on 02-01-2016 02:33
02-01-2016 02:41
(14389)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I imagine, if there is global cooling over the next few decades, they'll say it's caused by CO2. It's not called global warming anymore. It's called climate change.

Yes, what we have now is the assertion that Global Warming is driven by "Climate Change" which predicts cold weather extremes.

Ergo, whenever we get yet another record cold event, we will have observed Global Warming, as predicted by "Climate Change."

I've got to learn the secrets for getting gullible people to believe, and regurgitate, this kind of WACKY crap.

Join the debate Why CO2 and H2O vapor should be celebrated, not demonized:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
CO2 Is Helping the Ozone Layer to Recover113-08-2022 05:54
Co2 ice samples1102-06-2022 22:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact