Remember me
▼ Content

White House Petition: The United States must stop investing in fossil fuels and lead the global efforts t

White House Petition: The United States must stop investing in fossil fuels and lead the global efforts to sto24-01-2017 00:53
AphulKore
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
CLICK HERE FOR PETITION

All we need is to reach 150 signatures for this to become public on the petitions page. At that point reaching 100k signatures to receive an official response will be easy as there are only 4 public petitions on the site (it's been reset since Trump). The counter on the site is broken but the signatures are already climbing and we should be through the first milestone SIGN AND SHARE!
Any comments are welcome. Please also let me know if you are not signing this and why.
Here is the full text: "The United States is the second largest contributor to CO2 emissions and climate change in the world and has double the per capita emissions of both China and the European Union.
The current Administration plans to worsen this situation by investing in the use of damaging, expensive, and obsolete energy sources such as coal, shale, and oil.
An "America First Energy Plan" should focus on investing in the enormous cheap and local renewable resources which are available in America and remain currently untapped.
This has the potential to continue the growth of a new industry which is bringing to the US new jobs, independence from foreign oil and helps protect the environment, guaranteeing that future generations will be able to live in a prosperous, safe, and healthy world."
24-01-2017 01:14
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Oil is obsolete?

Enormous local renewable resources?

Guarantee future generations prosperity, safety, and health?

Joke.
24-01-2017 01:50
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Sadly, the US probably will gain some economic advantage through unrestrained exploitation of its remaining fossil fuel reserves, this prompting other countries to do likewise and leading to the end of attempts to slow emissions. It's the classic tragedy of the commons scenario. If we can't agree, we all lose.
24-01-2017 01:51
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gasguzlr & gazmuflr" gushed:Joke.

"old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gasguzlr & gazmuflr" is a joke.
24-01-2017 03:21
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)
Surface Detail wrote:
Sadly, the US probably will gain some economic advantage through unrestrained exploitation of its remaining fossil fuel reserves, this prompting other countries to do likewise and leading to the end of attempts to slow emissions..

Why would that be bad?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-02-2017 04:57
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
The more uneducated people they can get to sign it the more likely it is that they'll be laughed out of court.
02-02-2017 20:16
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Wake wrote:The more uneducated people they can get to sign it the more likely it is that they'll be laughed out of court.

Yeah, like the JOKE anti-AGW petition that 31,000 "scientists" never signed.
http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/dispute-global-warming-not-really/article_e5bda80c-e127-11de-b4d3-001cc4c03286.html

Join the debate White House Petition: The United States must stop investing in fossil fuels and lead the global efforts t:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Using fossil fuel is mass murder.!?3304-02-2024 08:12
How exactly does an entire message board stop posting?2623-12-2023 02:25
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Deadline Pass Without Money, The United States USD Is Officially Gone Now !214-11-2023 16:29
You may not wave the American flag at any school, in the new Communist states of America128-08-2023 13:22
Articles
Arnold Schwarzenegger: Address to the United Nations on Global Climate Change
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact