Remember me
▼ Content

When will UN destroy Anglo countries with CO2 so China will dominate?

When will UN destroy Anglo countries with CO2 so China will dominate?23-02-2019 16:16
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
I guess their goal is to make Anglo countries electricity rate so high they cannot compete with other countries and end all manufacturing.
23-02-2019 17:04
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I guess their goal is to make Anglo countries electricity rate so high they cannot compete with other countries and end all manufacturing.

The danger is not from the UN but from the far left Democrats - the only kind that are left.

H.L. Mencken said, "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."

Now Mencken made a living off of clever quotes and so you can find totally opposite quotes on every subject from him save this one.
23-02-2019 17:05
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

It's not just manufacturing, most everything modern, uses fuel or electricity. If the IPCC and the UN are successful in selling Climate Change, they can control the modern world. The industries won't suffer that much, if they play along, since they would be given energy credits. The more loyal a business, the more energy they will be allowed, and continued success. Denier business will be crushed.

The really scare part is the technology we've had for decades, on trending toward. With the internet and cell phones, no communication is truly private anymore, nor as secure as we'd like to believe. We take it on faith, but there is really no way of knowing what is actually going on in the software, firmware, or circuit boards. We invite cameras and microphones into our homes and businesses, security systems, Alexa, doorbell cameras, all connected over the internet. Data storage on the 'Cloud'. People are encouraged to share their thoughts on social media, often prompted by total strangers. The push, is for electric vehicles, even self-driving, with a lot more tech. Most cell phones have GPS, as do many vehicles these days. There are a lot of places using biometrics for security, fingerprint scanners. Fairly certain all this tech could be brought together very easy, to spy on individuals or groups, and track their movements. Wouldn't doubt it's already being done, sometimes a few details slip out, when a really bad criminal gets caught, after a long hunt. People have been voluntarily submitting their DNA to databases for decades. Some, it's through medical tests, blood donation, ancestry.com. We've seen several old murder cases closed, from DNA give to one of these databases, sometimes it's not the murder, but a close relative, or offspring.

Basically, one political group, gaining control over fuel and energy, could potentially control the world, and quite those most reluctant to be complacent. They might not murder these people, but could make things very difficult for those participating, or even associating or doing business with people on the 'list'.
23-02-2019 18:16
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

It's not just manufacturing, most everything modern, uses fuel or electricity. If the IPCC and the UN are successful in selling Climate Change, they can control the modern world. The industries won't suffer that much, if they play along, since they would be given energy credits. The more loyal a business, the more energy they will be allowed, and continued success. Denier business will be crushed.

The really scare part is the technology we've had for decades, on trending toward. With the internet and cell phones, no communication is truly private anymore, nor as secure as we'd like to believe. We take it on faith, but there is really no way of knowing what is actually going on in the software, firmware, or circuit boards. We invite cameras and microphones into our homes and businesses, security systems, Alexa, doorbell cameras, all connected over the internet. Data storage on the 'Cloud'. People are encouraged to share their thoughts on social media, often prompted by total strangers. The push, is for electric vehicles, even self-driving, with a lot more tech. Most cell phones have GPS, as do many vehicles these days. There are a lot of places using biometrics for security, fingerprint scanners. Fairly certain all this tech could be brought together very easy, to spy on individuals or groups, and track their movements. Wouldn't doubt it's already being done, sometimes a few details slip out, when a really bad criminal gets caught, after a long hunt. People have been voluntarily submitting their DNA to databases for decades. Some, it's through medical tests, blood donation, ancestry.com. We've seen several old murder cases closed, from DNA give to one of these databases, sometimes it's not the murder, but a close relative, or offspring.

Basically, one political group, gaining control over fuel and energy, could potentially control the world, and quite those most reluctant to be complacent. They might not murder these people, but could make things very difficult for those participating, or even associating or doing business with people on the 'list'.

No communication is secure at all. The DHS and others record every single communications in the world. That is what our FISA court is all about - the law enforcement agencies getting permission to actually look at the communications of a private citizen. And as we've seen in the same of Mueller, he has bamboozled the FISA courts on at least 26 occasions and broken the Constitutional rights of American citizens for little to no reasons whatsoever.

It is time to end this recording of anything other than foreign communications. And EVEN those should be a great deal more tightly controlled than a FISA court offers - it should require a plurality of a Grand Jury to obtain any such communications.

Mueller should be brought before a Grand Jury this very moment. In fact, that entire "team" of anti-Trump Democrat agents that composed Mueller's team plus Hillary and Steele should be charged and let them explain to a jury why they broke laws with such impunity.
23-02-2019 21:16
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Not understand a technology is certainly a source of fear of that technology. There really is nothing to fear from cloud computing, or of things like the Alexa service. The GPS system can be used to locate your phone so you can have maps anywhere you go, and can even help you find your phone if you lose it. Government tracking you with it? Not likely. The government can barely find their own butt with both hands. Information about your current location is already available to anyone walking down the street with you. Big deal.

Alexa in particular is an interesting service. It does not listen all the time to you and send what it hears to Amazon. It only starts sending data when you activate it. That data goes to a cloud based lexical analyzer so the system can try to understand you by using an ever expanding dictionary of speech from across the nation. It doesn't even know where you are, unlike your phone. Once the command ends, data is no longer sent anywhere.

Cell phones sometimes will spam messages depending on where you are. The cell tower signal strengths themselves are really what is locating your phone for this purpose. It is no different than seeing a billboard on the road you happen to be driving down. It's spam. You can choose to ignore it. Big deal.

Cloud computing is itself very powerful for what it does. You no longer need to maintain your own set of servers and have the large staff to do so. You can share the computing power for your servers with others. It's time sharing all over again, but with just servers only. Big deal.

Data mining of internet traffic (including stuff on the cloud) is a big fad these days. The actual useful results of what it produces is really not all that useful. It's just another way to conduct a poll. It is about at useless as any poll. What is collected, and how it's interpreted, is purely up to the organization mining the data. They make bad conclusions and interpret the data wrongly like any poll. Big deal.

You leave DNA, bits of skin, bits of hair, bits of YOU everywhere you go. You always have since you've been alive. Big deal.

Cars are still blind as a bat. Self driving modes are not safe (at CES, a self driving car plowed through an autonomous robot. Hilarious. Who's at fault? The car manufacturer, or the robot manufacturer?). Lawsuits from self driving cars will put the manufacturers of them out of business pretty quick, since only the manufacturer can be blamed for any accident. I wouldn't invest in that industry if I were you!

Semi-automated cars are great, as long as you remember they are not fully automated. They make driving easier, but they are not substitutes for good driving.

The fear of technology is not new. It's been that way since the invention of the plough. People fear pretty much anything they don't understand. Go out and learn about it. The more you learn, the more you will find there is little to fear and where you can put your concerns.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
23-02-2019 21:41
(21597)
Wake wrote:
No communication is secure at all.

SSL and PHP are secure, Wake. These are modulo courier multi-time pad encryption systems. They work.
Wake wrote:
The DHS and others record every single communications in the world.
No, they don't. At best all they can see is that communication took place over a specific media, such as a cell phone, which is a radio anyway.
Wake wrote:
That is what our FISA court is all about

WRONG. That is NOT what the FISA court is all about.

The purpose of the FISA court is to obtain warrants to CONDUCT surveillance, not to access 'surveillance being done on everybody'. The problem with Big Brother, Wake, is that there is too much data to make sense of any of it, and who's watching the watchers?
Wake wrote:
- the law enforcement agencies getting permission to actually look at the communications of a private citizen.
Sort of. It allows them to conduct a surveillance upon a private citizen. It is what allows them to record the phone calls and other communications a private citizen may conduct. Recording them itself is tricky, since it may be encrypted. All they can really see is that the communication took place, not what was in it.
Wake wrote:
And as we've seen in the same of Mueller, he has bamboozled the FISA courts on at least 26 occasions and broken the Constitutional rights of American citizens for little to no reasons whatsoever.
That was Comey and others in other departments, not Mueller. That said, Mueller does seem to be in the habit of making a big deal out of process crimes (grilling a witness until they make some minor mistake due to recall of some minor detail, then prosecuting them for perjury), a habit much like what the KGB does.
Wake wrote:
It is time to end this recording of anything other than foreign communications.

It is time for you to realize how little is actually being recorded, Wake.
Wake wrote:
And EVEN those should be a great deal more tightly controlled than a FISA court offers - it should require a plurality of a Grand Jury to obtain any such communications.

The FISA court was created as part of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, a bill created by Ted Kennedy (a Democrat) and signed into law by Carter (a Democrat). I think it's apparent the problems that having such a court creates. The FISA court itself has much to answer for in these persecutions against Trump.
Wake wrote:
Mueller should be brought before a Grand Jury this very moment. In fact, that entire "team" of anti-Trump Democrat agents that composed Mueller's team plus Hillary and Steele should be charged and let them explain to a jury why they broke laws with such impunity.

Works for me. These people committed actual federal crimes.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-02-2019 16:31
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
I don't know what all is being done with electronics and technology, but I do know there are misuse and abuses, and a whole lot going on behind the scenes, and some really strong potential for spying. People get caught at it often enough, to show that nothing is truly secure. How often does your phone, tablet, or phone receive 'updates'? If security was so strong, why the need for virus detection software, which also needs updated frequently. You can't market a device or service, unless you can assure the customers that it's safe and secure. They aren't going to tell you they track your usage for 'marketing or product improvement' purposes. I don't believe everyone is being spied on, all the time. But, there are individuals of interest, who are watch pretty close.

Security is faith-based, can't really know for sure, but you believe it, because you need to, to enjoy the benefit of your gadgets. Even the places we'd expect to have the strongest security, get breached, and data stolen, maybe other things done (wouldn't expect to hear more than the minimal, can't lose confidence of the customers). Ever been give free credit monitoring, as part of one of these breaches? I've passed on the offer several times, my bank, Home Depot, Target, Walmart, just to name a few. One of the credit monitoring services was through Experion, which had been breached less than a year before...
24-02-2019 20:41
(21597)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't know what all is being done with electronics and technology, but I do know there are misuse and abuses,
Certainly there is, just like misuses and abuses everywhere else.
HarveyH55 wrote:
and a whole lot going on behind the scenes,
The nice thing about this is you can get a backstage pass. You just have to learn how the technology works so you can see what is exposed by a careless individual.
HarveyH55 wrote:
and some really strong potential for spying.
Not much more than has already been there since the 60's.
HarveyH55 wrote:
People get caught at it often enough, to show that nothing is truly secure.
There are some things that are truly secure. There are also careless people that allow security to be breached, just as there always has been.
HarveyH55 wrote:
How often does your phone, tablet, or phone receive 'updates'?
Most update cycles run about once a month. These updates typically contain bug fixes, a few feature enhancements, some updated graphics, and occasionally an update to a piece of security software. They just send a 'updates for security' message to shorten the message.
HarveyH55 wrote:
If security was so strong, why the need for virus detection software, which also needs updated frequently.

Because Windows security isn't so strong. It's pathetic, actually. This is where virus detection software is needed. It still isn't good enough. There ARE operating systems that are pretty damn secure and do not require virus detection software.
HarveyH55 wrote:
You can't market a device or service, unless you can assure the customers that it's safe and secure.
Apparently you can. Microsoft certainly has!
HarveyH55 wrote:
They aren't going to tell you they track your usage for 'marketing or product improvement' purposes.

This is no different from companies tracking your customer information from the 50's.
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't believe everyone is being spied on, all the time.
To a certain extent you do.
HarveyH55 wrote:
But, there are individuals of interest, who are watch pretty close.
And why not? These individuals have a high threat risk. Profiling like this doesn't work so well though, as examples like the Las Vegas shooter demonstrate. He was on no one's radar until that horrific event took place.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Security is faith-based,
Doesn't have to be. It is possible to learn security techniques and encryption techniques. When you do so, it is easier to see the holes, such as one individual with access to too much information and is easy to compromise.

It is people that cause security risks, not the technology.

HarveyH55 wrote:
can't really know for sure, but you believe it, because you need to, to enjoy the benefit of your gadgets.

I enjoy the benefit of my gadgets and I don't have security problems. I use no debit card for electronic transactions except one, which is designated for this purpose. It has limited funds. I use the Alexa service, and Amazon has done a very good job securing it (at least for the parts they own). Nothing critical travels over the thing anyway. I do know that it does not send ANYTHING to Amazon until you activate it, and it stops as soon as the command is complete.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Even the places we'd expect to have the strongest security, get breached, and data stolen, maybe other things done (wouldn't expect to hear more than the minimal, can't lose confidence of the customers).

These tend to be caused by an individual what was sloppy, or was compromised (an inside job). Target stores, for example, got breached because they were sending unencrypted credit card information by radio! Gawd. How stupid can a company be? The twit that was in charge of security of this system should have been put in the public square and flogged.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Ever been give free credit monitoring, as part of one of these breaches?
Yup. Never lost anything, not even the amount on my debit card designated for online use.
HarveyH55 wrote:
I've passed on the offer several times, my bank, Home Depot, Target, Walmart, just to name a few. One of the credit monitoring services was through Experion, which had been breached less than a year before...

Each of these was breached because of sloppy design or compromised people. Retailers are ripped off everyday. Sometimes someone careless exposes customer records. That sort of thing happened even in the 50's, when everything ran on paper. Nothing new here.

Experion was due to sloppy design. It should give one pause to realize just how much data these agencies collect on people. Didn't used to be that way. Their entire business is based on trust. Experion has shown itself to no longer be trustworthy. They are really suffering for it as a result.

They should.

Remember, technology is a medium, like pen and paper is a medium. It is really nothing more. Instead of records on paper getting compromised, it is records in the form of bits getting compromised. Very little has actually changed that way. We've had major data breaches since we've had recordkeeping.

What is different today? The news media is faster, and is far more willing to enhance a story (or even make one up) to sell news. The actual breach is usually quite a bit less than the news media makes it out to be.

Another thing that's different is the common use of Windows. This system is so bad in it's design it's like wearing a 'kick me' sign on the machine. So people kick it. It's trivially easy to break into a Windows machine. This includes the XBox or any Windows phone.

The best protection for Windows is not to use it. Failing that, the best protection is to lock it away behind a Unix based barrier (fortunately, most home firewalls are exactly this). This is what IT departments tend to do. Sometimes someone gets sloppy and exposes something they shouldn't across this barrier.

Unix isn't foolproof. It depends on how someone sets it up. If they know what they are doing, Unix is capable of being quite secure. Unfortunately, many do not know what they are doing, particularly in retail.

You can do a lot to protect yourself:

* use cash when shopping. If you use a card, use a debit card associated with an account specifically for this purpose and fill it with limited funds.
* use only the designated card for online purchases. Don't assume ANY website or retailer to be totally secure. If they are breached, all you lose potentially is the amount on that card. Junk the card and set up a different one.
* don't use WIFI for ANYTHING critical. WIFI is NOT secure in and of itself!
* do not discuss your travels, your schedule away from home, or any personally identifying information with ANYONE on social media. If you want to talk about your trip to Hawaii on Facebook or Twitter, talk about it AFTER you return home.
* secure your home appropriate for your neighborhood. Remember, a house is not a fortress. Have a means of self defense available.
* Determine what is critical information, what you are willing to expose, and what is trivial information. Someone breaking into a video game site and seeing who is playing the video game is trivial. A bank robber is more of a problem. They don't use masks and guns anymore (at least the smart ones don't!). They use computers now. Spread your wealth out across several banks. If one gets robbed, you have access to other wealth while the compromised bank works to restore your accounts.
* stick to reputable merchants. If you play with matches on the Dark Web, you will get burned.
* Don't panic. You are actually more secure than you think you are.

This is basic stuff. It's stuff that parents can teach their kids as they learn to use the network.

There is an excellent book on encryption and how it works, called 'Applied Cryptography'. While is contains code samples, it also contains examples that work on paper.

The IRC documentation can specifically explain the SSL protocol (it also explains the WIFI protocols).

Don't know how to code? Learn! Whole worlds open up with computers once you learn how to control them. The more you know, the better armed you are against those who would try to harm you with them.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 24-02-2019 21:20

Join the debate When will UN destroy Anglo countries with CO2 so China will dominate?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
General motors buys 20 million parts a month from china028-12-2023 19:18
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
The junk F35 has been grounded, and one may be on the way to China or Russia018-09-2023 23:07
The deep state has a choice, destroy Trump, or help him get reelected113-09-2023 01:14
Articles
Appendix C - China's Environmental Crisis
Appendix A - Tracing China's Climate Policy
Analysis - Explaining China's Climate Policy
The Dependent Variable - How Ambitious Is China's Climate Policy
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact