Remember me
▼ Content

What's worse than a moderator?

What's worse than a moderator?19-11-2015 04:33
trafnProfile picture★★★☆☆
(779)
How about someone who comes into this forum once a month and selectively cleans house?

Jep Branner just did one of his famous half-assed "I'm the Super Administrator" cleanups of the website tonite. Afterwards, he sent me a lame message stating he "does what he can do."

Right or wrong, agree or disagree, at least the people who post here regularly make the effort to make something of this site.

I sent branner the following message:

"No one respects you or this site. Your half assed attempts only irritate people. That's why there's almost no one here.

IBdaMann's not the problem.
Into the Night's not the problem.
Tim the plumber's not the problem.
I'm not the problem.

You're the problem.

Just stay away and let us do what we need to do."

Personally, I'd rather post with a bunch of denialist trolls than have an idiot moderator like branner haphazardly waving his wand whenever the mood strikes him because "it's the best that he can do."

Jep, if you can't be consistent, then don't bother.

Thoughts?

The 2015 M2C2 (Global 9/11) Denialist Troll Awards

1st Place - Jep Branner - Our Stupid Administrator!
2nd Place - IBdaMann - Science IS cherry picking!
3rd Place - Into the Night - Mr. Nonsense numbers!
4th Place - Tim the plumber - The Drivel Queen!

Edited on 19-11-2015 04:35
19-11-2015 06:26
Totototo
★☆☆☆☆
(117)
Why do you speak for the rest of us? I like this site.

Personally, I'd rather post with a bunch of denialist trolls than have an idiot moderator like branner haphazardly waving his wand whenever the mood strikes him because "it's the best that he can do."

So you would rather have spam take over discussions? Have endless drooling babies/dogs/people images? Or are you angry because he removed the repetitive self-promotion from your posts?

You have your own fucking forum, stop acting like an angry teenager, you're a grown man.
19-11-2015 13:10
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Copy of PM to Banner;

Hi Banner,

I just got this from a mad idiot;

Thought you might appreciate this. I just sent this to branner:

No one respects you or this site. Your half assed attempts only irritate people. That's why there's almost no one here.

IBdaMann's not the problem.
Into the Night's not the problem.
Tim the plumber's not the problem.
I'm not the problem.

You're the problem.

Just stay away and let us do what we need to do.

Anybody who is unable to cope with their ideas being held up to scrutiny should not be posting on any sort of public forum.

This subject area is extremely serrious. Mad prats should be shown to be so.

Thank you for this forum where the process of democracy and science can be hammered out.

Cheers Tim

Edited on 19-11-2015 13:10
19-11-2015 15:13
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
trafn wrote:Just stay away and let us do what we need to do.

This is pretty much what you say he does...

trafn wrote:
How about someone who comes into this forum once a month and selectively cleans house?

He cleaned up the spam, then he left the community to continue.

trafn wrote:No one respects you or this site. Your half assed attempts only irritate people.

Wamizombies and Marxists have this overriding belief that they somehow speak for countless unnamed others. It only gets them into trouble and it completely invalidates their arguments.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-11-2015 17:56
(779)
@Totototo - this place is a joke, and if you don't get the joke that's too bad. One day you will.

19-11-2015 17:58
(779)
@Tim the plumber: you wrote (sarcastically, I hope) This subject area is extremely serrious. Mad prats should be shown to be so.

No one takes this website, your drivel (as you like to say), or IBdaMann, or Into the Night, seriously.

Ever notice how dead it is here?

19-11-2015 18:02
(779)
@IBdaMann - you wrote He cleaned up the spam, then he left the community to continue.

Check the numbers. branner has been here exactly 25 times since he opened this site in 2009. That means he comes here on average about once every 3 months to "moderate." That's not moderation - that's lazy!

19-11-2015 18:30
(779)
@everyone - WOW! And I thought this site was dead.

Check out the daily posts on branners other great climate debate website:

http://www.klimadebat.dk/forum/alle_indlaeg.php

There are at least as many daily posts, sometimes more, here on this dead site as on that one.

Poor branner.

Edited on 19-11-2015 18:32
19-11-2015 20:57
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
trafn wrote:
@everyone - WOW! And I thought this site was dead.

Check out the daily posts on branners other great climate debate website:

http://www.klimadebat.dk/forum/alle_indlaeg.php

There are at least as many daily posts, sometimes more, here on this dead site as on that one.

Poor branner.

This site isn't dead. Your own little playroom corners are, which is why you keep coming back here. Got a little lonely over there did it?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-11-2015 20:59
(14373)
trafn wrote:
@IBdaMann - you wrote He cleaned up the spam, then he left the community to continue.

Check the numbers. branner has been here exactly 25 times since he opened this site in 2009. That means he comes here on average about once every 3 months to "moderate." That's not moderation - that's lazy!

So he's leaving us to self moderate. He's trusting us to not spam up the place, except he still needs to visit periodically to clean up after those who cannot keep from spamming.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
20-11-2015 21:27
branner
AdministratorProfile picture☆☆☆☆☆
(34)
So, I just removed more than 100 posts again (posted in less than 48 hours). It's a waste of everybody's time to post spam, personal attacks and endless replies to these kind of things. IT WILL JUST BE REMOVED. If you think someone is spamming, then just ignore it, and wait until it is cleaned up. The site is monitored regularly (this can't be meassured in the number of posts by me).

If you don't like the way this site is managed, you are always welcome to contact me with ideas, and you are of course always welcome to leave the site!

Climate-Debate.com or Klimadebat.dk are in no way dead sites. We have a lot of climate discussions going on - just need to get rid of all the noise.

I wish you all a good and calm weekend!
20-11-2015 21:44
(779)
Well, I see the trolls have been bombarding you with their "Help us branner!" messages.

branner wrote: Climate-Debate.com or Klimadebat.dk are in no way dead sites.

Let's see, this site has been around since 2009 - about 2200 days - with a total of about 4800 posts. Gee, that's an average of a little over 2 posts per day. Sounds pretty dead to me!

branner wrote:We have a lot of climate discussions going on - just need to get rid of all the noise.

No, you have a lot of trolls spreading deceptive and misleading information, which seems to be what you want.

Given you have averaged about one post every three months since this website opened (do the math), you are hardly what anyone on the internet considers a qualified or good moderator. If you want to fix that, PM me.

20-11-2015 22:00
(779)
Of course, branner seems to prefer raw post counts to post content, so don't expect the denialist trolls to disappear from here any time soon.

So this is a dead site, with a broken moderator, that's mostly filled with false information about climate science.

Sounds more like Climate-Deadbate.com to me.
20-11-2015 23:15
Totototo
★☆☆☆☆
(117)
Trafn, please. You can contribute with your opinion or your stance on this, I enjoy reading what everyone writes, but you keep focusing on the "trolls" as you call them and that'll do you no good.
21-11-2015 01:18
(779)
@Totototo - you're right. It's just hard to take this site seriously when 95% of what's posted here is outdated and wrong. Given how serious this situation really is, it's sad to see such a bullshit website, even if it is dead.

21-11-2015 02:10
(14373)
Totototo wrote:
Trafn, please. You can contribute with your opinion or your stance on this, I enjoy reading what everyone writes, but you keep focusing on the "trolls" as you call them and that'll do you no good.

To4, please ask him why he is so intent on posting on a site he despises, that he thinks is "dead," that has posters he despises and that is run by an administrator he despises.

I'd be interested to know the answer.

21-11-2015 23:51
branner
AdministratorProfile picture☆☆☆☆☆
(34)
I have cleaned up the threads again. Also, with the recent flooding of the forum, it was necessary to ban trafn from the site.
22-11-2015 06:53
(14373)
So one day brannon goes into trafn's cafe.

brannon: Well, what've you got to post?
Trafn: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...
Trafn: ...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...
Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!
Trafn: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.
brannon: Have you got anything without spam?
Trafn: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.
Brannon: I don't want ANY spam!
trafn: What about egg bacon spam and sausage?
Brannon: THAT'S got spam in it!
Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam... (Crescendo through next few lines...)
Brannon: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?
Trafn: Urgghh!
Brannon: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like spam!
Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
brannon: Shut up!
Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Trafn: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.
Brannon: I don't like spam!
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

22-11-2015 14:07
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­
­

branner wrote:
I have cleaned up the threads again. Also, with the recent flooding of the forum, it was necessary to ban trafn from the site.

Thank you for informing us.

I think it is sad to loose a user that way.
I hope we can fit him back in someday somehow when things become more like water under the bridge.

­
Edited on 22-11-2015 14:08
22-11-2015 17:03
(14373)
Jakob wrote:I think it is sad to loose a user that way.
I hope we can fit him back in someday somehow when things become more like water under the bridge.­

Do not worry. He is likely to return under an alias. Let's learn from the past and recognize the problem the moment it rears its ugly head (instead of forever defending it).

RE: November, 2015, Branner still cared15-06-2023 21:23
sealover
★★★★☆
(1235)
branner wrote:
So, I just removed more than 100 posts again (posted in less than 48 hours). It's a waste of everybody's time to post spam, personal attacks and endless replies to these kind of things. IT WILL JUST BE REMOVED. If you think someone is spamming, then just ignore it, and wait until it is cleaned up. The site is monitored regularly (this can't be meassured in the number of posts by me).

If you don't like the way this site is managed, you are always welcome to contact me with ideas, and you are of course always welcome to leave the site!

Climate-Debate.com or Klimadebat.dk are in no way dead sites. We have a lot of climate discussions going on - just need to get rid of all the noise.

I wish you all a good and calm weekend!

On this particular day in November, 2015, Branner said that he removed more than 100 posts of spam, personal attacks, etc.

I guess it required too much effort to keep it up. But there were a few months in 2015 when Branner was actively intervening to remove inappropriate posts.

Branner said in this post that this was in no way a "dead site".

There were still a lot of members actively participating.

IBdaMann and Into the Night were new arrivals then.

Eight years later, this IS a "dead site".

Two obnoxious trolls just kept making it ugly until they were almost the only ones left.
15-06-2023 22:04
(14373)
sealover wrote:Two obnoxious trolls just kept making it ugly until they were almost the only ones left.

Not only are you dismissing the other posters, but you are totally mischaracterizing your complete obsession with me and with this site. You can't leave. This site compels you to stay and to contribute in your own way, even if all you know how to do is to spam every thread.

Have you considered adding a personal challenge to your interactions? Have you considered perhaps spamming every thread in alphabetical order?

If you'd like to discuss, let me know. Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

Join the debate What's worse than a moderator?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Climate change keeps making wildfires and smoke worse503-07-2023 03:40
UN weather report: Climate woes bad and getting worse faster108-11-2022 18:24
Why ethanol is actually worse than fossil fuels for the environment (at least in the US)807-02-2017 01:12
whats warming the world4707-10-2016 13:55
What's worse: the CO2 lag time, or our mental lag time.010-10-2015 04:31
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact