Remember me
▼ Content

What about the sinking islands?

Page 2 of 2<12
15-10-2015 05:25
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14394)
trafn wrote:
You know, I've always pondered over the possibility that we may really be descendants of Martians

Did you see the movie "Prometheus"? Perhaps we are simply genetically engineered by another species who created us "because they could."

In the movie, the "creators" end up hating all of their creation over something relatively minor. Isn't that the same as Christianity?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
15-10-2015 05:41
trafnProfile picture★★★☆☆
(779)
@IBdaMann - sounds like a great movie. Seems like the "creators" ended up with a bad case of "buyer's remorse" (or perhaps maker's misgivings). I've kinda always figured that this is where god-isate (god - if such a thing exists) put all its errors. You know, it'd be there in the ether putting the universe together talking to itself about how beautiful everything was, except every so often you'd hear it mumble under its breath, "Oops, Earth!" and then fling something off behind its back in our direction. After a while, all the mistakes just started to pile up here, and then Darwin took over.
15-10-2015 18:06
(779)
@arthur 18 (a.k.a. - Saint arthur18) - I'd like to add the following three points as part of my follow-up to your most recent post here where you stated:

"trafn, you seem to be turning some of the debate into juvenile attacks on people trying to obtain serious information on a particular subject. I'm not sure if anyone apart from yourself finds your attempted humor remotely funny. Are you really here to pass on knowledge or just to promote your books? Maybe if we just stick to facts it would be a lot more helpful for everyone concerned."

1. I took your statement as an opportunity to review your posts on Climate-debate.com, and low and behold (and I do mean low), guess what I found: that Saint arthur8 needs to look in the mirror to see just how thin her saintly veneer really is. Your pomposity becomes quite clear when one reads your persistent use of phrases like "someone who is an alarmist troll", "put them on the unemployment heap", "climate nuts", and "alarmist views", when describing others. In addition how often must you challenge other members here with sentences like "Are you sure you are a scientist?", "You have proven that you are an alarmist", "What kind of science did they teach you?", and "you can pretend you don't know whats [sic] going on." And then there was one of your more memorable lines where you mocked another member's post by claiming that their evidence was based on "A show of hands? A quote from a 2004 paper? You are kidding aren't you?" So, if you really want to help remove juvenile attacks from this website, why not start cleaning up your own home and removing all that smudged makeup from your face?

2. When you asked "Are you really here to pass on knowledge or just to promote your books?," the obvious implication is that I'm trying to make a buck by posting on this website. Did you happen to notice how many times I attached a full copy of my book in a free PDF file to multiple posts I've made on Climate-debate.com? In addition, did it somehow slip through your cavernous cranial cavity (i.e. - cavernous as in "empty") that I also clearly stated that is was okay to share it with others? If there was even a shred of truth in your bogus accusation, then I obviously graduated from the Humpty-Dumpty School of Business. Dude, before you bother getting glasses, get a brain first.

3. I could have put this in point #1, above, but I thought it deserved special attention. Multiple times in your posts you challenge others to put their real names and occupations in their comments as a means of validating that they are an authority worthy of making such posts. So, I checked your profile only to find a lot of "Not Specified" in your profile fields. So, tell us Unspecified arthur18, aside from being an apparent authority upon the depths to which one's head can be inserted into one's own rectum, what exactly is your name and what exactly do you do (I'll find it particularly amusing if you're a proctologist)?

Finally, though your prior posts prove how much you lack my degree of sarcastic flair, I'd like to suggest that if you're ready to get off your high horse and participate in both the fun and, sometimes, folly of this website, read my post:

The reality of an open online debate forum

In closing, it's been a pleasure having this brief discourse with you, and do let me know if I can ever be of any further personal assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Saint trafn

PS - I really did read all your posts, and I found two statements that I highly agree with you upon:

1. The real problem is overpopulation (I agree, 100%).

2. It will likely be decades or even centuries before we know the real truth about man-made climate change (agreed, though we obviously disagree in that you think we should wait those decades or centuries before doing anything, while I think there's enough data already available to formulate a prudent plan of action).

The 2015 M2C2 (Global 9/11) Denialist Troll Awards

1st Place - Jep Branner - Our Stupid Administrator!
2nd Place - IBdaMann - Science IS cherry picking!
3rd Place - Into the Night - Mr. Nonsense numbers!
4th Place - Tim the plumber - The Drivel Queen!

Edited on 15-10-2015 18:23
15-10-2015 18:32
(14394)
trafn wrote: You know, I've always pondered over the possibility that we may really be descendants of Martians

Have you considered the possibility that we are descendants of martinis?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
15-10-2015 18:35
(779)
@IBdaMann - have you ever noticed how after drinking a few, everyone starts looking like Dean Martin?

I think we may have the beginnings of a falsifiable model here. Therefore, I submit for your consideration, our first piece of data:

15-10-2015 18:56
(14394)
trafn wrote:1. I took your statement as an opportunity to review your posts on Climate-debate.com,

Is that allowed?

trafn wrote: the obvious implication is that I'm trying to make a buck by posting on this website.

What is wrong with either trying to make a buck or posting on this website?

15-10-2015 19:03
(14394)
arthur18 wrote:
[@ trafn] I'm not sure if anyone apart from yourself finds your attempted humor remotely funny.

I will admit to finding some of his humor very funny and I have awarded bonus points to some of his references.

It's good to find someone who retorts with humor as opposed to retorting with the same old, tired, uncreative clichés.

15-10-2015 20:38
(779)
@IBdaMann - first off, yes, I have enjoyed your humorous posts, too...otherwise this place would seem like a climate science seminary (oh jeez, did I just equate climate science with religion?)

As far as "making a buck" on this website, if that had been my intention, then I would have had to wholeheartedly agreed with arthur18's assertion. Branner just removed a thread the other day for that reason (they were spamming a climate change seminar even before we've all agreed as to whether or not it even exists - how rude!).

The 2015 M2C2 (Global 9/11) Denialist Troll Awards

1st Place - Jep Branner - Our Stupid Administrator!
2nd Place - IBdaMann - Science IS cherry picking!
3rd Place - Into the Night - Mr. Nonsense numbers!
4th Place - Tim the plumber - The Drivel Queen!
16-10-2015 18:59
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Earthling wrote:
I find it strange that there doesn't appear to be a thread dedicated to the inhabitants of islands around the world threatened by rising sea levels caused by our increasing use of fossil fuels and indiscriminate land change.

Surely a few climate catastrophists sympathise with the residents of Kiribati, for example?

Would that be a coral atol which is in the Pacific and is doing what they all do by slowly sinking below the waves as they slowly dift away from the volcanic plume that origionally built them?

Is this anything to do with climate?

Why are you arguing that the sea level has risen more in the middle of the pacific than everywhere else?
Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate What about the sinking islands?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
NYC is sinking...130-05-2023 16:42
Interested in carbon sinking1009-12-2020 21:08
How climate change is sinking an Indian island.317-03-2019 21:17
Vanishing Islands419-08-2014 16:48
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact