Remember me
▼ Content

Weather extremes

Weather extremes20-01-2018 05:02
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(915)
I was just taking a look at the latest NAM forecast for the upcoming snowstorm to hit Minnesota this weekend. This model is trying to put down some 27" of snow on Minneapolis! (I don't buy it, it's only a 1000mb low, only deepening slightly to 998mb, and convection over Iowa and points south should rob some moisture) I got to wondering...if this verified, would that be close to record territory? I went digging for some statistics and swerved into this.... and wow!!! What a state! These first three are insane! -60F to 114F...174 degree temp swing! A 71 degree drop in 1 day?? Crazy!
But then I started looking at the dates. Mmmmmm. No Maximum heat records to speak of in the last 20 years. I thought the last 20 were hottest on record...and with heat waves being blamed on global warming and all....or is it the cold that causes warming? Awe hell I can't never remember!
Anyway, take a look at these records and their dates. (much more than pic info below) I know it's Wikipedia but they can't really lie about this. Doesn't seem to correlate too well with a planet on fire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Minnesota_weather_records#By_month
Attached image:

Edited on 20-01-2018 05:23
20-01-2018 06:51
litesong
★★★★★
(2350)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener (plus 1) gazzzed & guzzzling" gushed:....Minnesota record low temp..... What a state.... -60F
Yes, the 1996 Minnesota all time record low temp of -60degF & Maine's 2009 all time record low temperature of -50degF occurred after wild High Arctic temperature leaps to 15degC (27degF) over their average temperatures. Powerful warm fronts pumping heat into the North Pole & High Arctic, can strongly drive High Arctic cold fronts that had been building in the 24 hours per day of darkness, to the south & sometimes very very far south. I remember the 2009 High Arctic spike in high temperature that drove the Arctic cold front hard towards Maine, setting its record low -50degF temperature. The cold front continued south setting record low temperatures down the east coast to Florida & across the U.S. The cold continued to move south, setting record low temperatures in Mexico & further south still over Central America.
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener (plus 1) gazzzed & guzzzling" continues as an old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener (plus 1).
Anyhow, thanks for confirming the ability of powerful warm fronts pumping into the High Arctic, to drive cold fronts far to the south.
22-01-2018 23:13
Wake
★★★★★
(3113)
GasGuzzler wrote:
I was just taking a look at the latest NAM forecast for the upcoming snowstorm to hit Minnesota this weekend. This model is trying to put down some 27" of snow on Minneapolis! (I don't buy it, it's only a 1000mb low, only deepening slightly to 998mb, and convection over Iowa and points south should rob some moisture) I got to wondering...if this verified, would that be close to record territory? I went digging for some statistics and swerved into this.... and wow!!! What a state! These first three are insane! -60F to 114F...174 degree temp swing! A 71 degree drop in 1 day?? Crazy!
But then I started looking at the dates. Mmmmmm. No Maximum heat records to speak of in the last 20 years. I thought the last 20 were hottest on record...and with heat waves being blamed on global warming and all....or is it the cold that causes warming? Awe hell I can't never remember!
Anyway, take a look at these records and their dates. (much more than pic info below) I know it's Wikipedia but they can't really lie about this. Doesn't seem to correlate too well with a planet on fire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Minnesota_weather_records#By_month

I have made equal survey's of the data for California and it too has had it's hottest and coldest days since before 1988.

When looking through studies of the rest of the world I am not finding any data to back up NASA's so-called "hottest year ever" graphs for every single year.

I would really like another Congressional investigation to discover why NASA's plots have changed and why they do not match their own satellite data.

I believe that it is far past time that NASA people started going to prison in large numbers.
Edited on 22-01-2018 23:14
23-01-2018 02:13
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(915)
I did some similar searches and found quite the same. This is pretty much a slam dunk debunk of claims that heat waves are getting hotter and more frequent all the time.

Hottest recorded temp by year for each state....
Attached image:

23-01-2018 02:14
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(915)
...and the remaining 25.
Attached image:

23-01-2018 03:07
litesong
★★★★★
(2350)
Here's a website dealing with nighttime minimum maximum temperatures. Records are piecemeal & aren't as consolidated as maximum temperatures, specially outside the U.S. But, greater increases in nighttime minimum maximums as opposed to daily maximum temperatures appear to be the case. Lots of good comments after the article. I remember Seattle's minimum maximum temperature(71degF) was during Seattle's record high temperature day (103degF, but much hotter away from the Salish Sea or Puget Sound), hot that morning AND the morning after. Spot temperatures were higher away from the Salish Sea AND lower than the 600foot elevation of "official" SEA-TAC airport (73degF, maybe a 74degF reading somewhere).
https://www.wunderground.com/blog/weatherhistorian/worlds-hottest-nightshighest-minimum-temperatures-yet-measured.html
Edited on 23-01-2018 03:25
23-01-2018 04:06
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(915)
OK, you spoke reasonably good english, and a response deserving of more good discussion. I will definitely look into this.
In the meantime, just so we are clear....
Earth's average temp is rising due to higher night time minimums and not due to excessive heat waves.
Is this your stance on the subject?
23-01-2018 04:42
litesong
★★★★★
(2350)
"old sick sick sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener (plus 1) gazzzed & guzzzling" gushed: ....
"old sick sick sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener (plus 1) gazzzed & guzzzling" loves to put wrong words of its own, in other people's mouths, then bad-mouth his own words. I've left your words in your statement, with which I agree. None of your words remain.
Much excess AGW excess heat is conducted into the Arctic environment, when the sun is low or below the North Pole & High Arctic horizons & is showing in the excessive High Arctic wintertime+ temperatures. Of course, averaged global temperatures, tho some excess AGW generated heat is conducted into the High Arctic, also shows elevations. Because old sick sick sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threateners aren't scientists or scientific, such are delighted to cherry pick low temperatures for small areas & time spans.
Edited on 23-01-2018 04:44
23-01-2018 04:49
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(915)
Hiding behind the jibberish again? I figured you'd run from this conversation.

You are ignored until reasonable english reappears. Bye bye,
23-01-2018 04:49
litesong
★★★★★
(2350)
"old sick sick sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener (plus 1) gazzzed & guzzzling" gushed: OK, you spoke reasonably good english....
Also, I speak accurate English when I mention, "old sick sick sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener (plus 1) gazzzed & guzzzling".
23-01-2018 04:57
litesong
★★★★★
(2350)
"old sick sick sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener (plus 1) gazzzed & guzzzling" gushed: .... jibberish....You are ignored....
It's good you don't like learning. Matches your lack of science chemistry astronomy physics algebra & pre-calc in your unearned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
Edited on 23-01-2018 04:59
23-01-2018 19:14
Into the Night
★★★★★
(4849)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Heh. Good luck with that one. I haven't seen him use much reasonable English for years. Don't think it's going to happen anytime soon either.

The Parrot Killer
23-01-2018 19:20
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(915)
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Heh. Good luck with that one. I haven't seen him use much reasonable English for years. Don't think it's going to happen anytime soon either.

Now and then there is a trace of coherency. I'm happy to discuss anything with him but once the jiberish shows up I'm done. He does like to hide behind it. I consider it an admission of being wrong. It's like a young child that starts talking crap and telling lies once they've been caught.
23-01-2018 19:24
Wake
★★★★★
(3113)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Now and then there is a trace of coherency. I'm happy to discuss anything with him but once the jiberish shows up I'm done. He does like to hide behind it. I consider it an admission of being wrong. It's like a young child that starts talking crap and telling lies once they've been caught.

He is insane so any coherency is fleeting at best. You cannot hold a conversation with him because he doesn't have the ability to understand. Nor the desire to discuss anything. His record is 14 messages to himself. That should tell you something about him.
23-01-2018 19:27
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(915)
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

He is insane so any coherency is fleeting at best. You cannot hold a conversation with him because he doesn't have the ability to understand. Nor the desire to discuss anything. His record is 14 messages to himself. That should tell you something about him.

Yes, I agree, but I'm always willing to give ANYONE a chance if they are willing to try.
28-01-2018 04:50
litesong
★★★★★
(2350)
"old sick sick sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener (plus 1) gazzzed & guzzzling" gushed:
"old sick sick sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' stuttering filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener (plus 1) wake-me-up": He is insane... coherency is fleeting.. .
I agree ...
"old sick sick sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener (plus 1) gazzzed & guzzzling" & "old sick sick sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' stuttering filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener (plus 1) wake-me-up" must agree. Their incorporated AGW denier liar whinerisms & same bleatings determine their kindred bestialities.
Edited on 28-01-2018 04:51
12-02-2018 00:23
litesong
★★★★★
(2350)
An accurate post worthy of "da big bump":
litesong wrote: "old sick sick sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener (plus 1) gazzzed & guzzzling" & "old sick sick sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' stuttering filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener (plus 1) wake-me-up" must agree. Their incorporated AGW denier liar whinerisms & same bleatings determine their kindred bestialities.
22-02-2018 02:52
litesong
★★★★★
(2350)
litesong wrote:
An accurate post worthy of "da big bump":
litesong wrote: "old sick sick sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener (plus 1) gazzzed & guzzzling" & "old sick sick sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' stuttering filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener (plus 1) wake-me-up" must agree. Their incorporated AGW denier liar whinerisms & same bleatings determine their kindred bestialities.

Is there a way to auto-bump, once a month? Did I say I love this post? Yes, I must have said, I love this post.... somewhere?!
Is this like a bump stock to go full auto?
Edited on 22-02-2018 03:24

Join the debate Weather extremes:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
2017 is set to be in top three hottest years, with record-breaking extreme weather1720-11-2017 20:25
Extreme weather2024-03-2017 02:24
No one cares even if 97% of climate scientists think more CO2 causes warmer weather. Because of Galileo.2421-03-2017 15:40
How are Canadians physically adapted to cold weather in winter?321-03-2017 15:31
Europe's weather in winter time, scary high?222-12-2015 11:37
Articles
Appendix B - Calculating The Economic Costs of Extreme Weather Events
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2017 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact