Remember me
β–Ό Content

Users improving the debate



Page 1 of 212>
Users improving the debate22-11-2015 10:35
Jakob
β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†
(127)
Β­



This subject is meant as an experiment to improve the debate by debating it.

If you see remarkable good or bad behavior somewhere else in the forum and you want to debate it you can do it here instead of pulling the other subject of track.




Β­
22-11-2015 11:02
Jakob
β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†
(127)
Β­







For instance answering or writing a lot about a banned user, is that good behavior..?


I don't think so and I hope it is forgivable that I also do it now to make my point clear.


Example:

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/total-global-co2-stop-scientific-value-d6-e824-s40.php#post_5712
Into the Night wrote:
trafn wrote:
I guess I tripped some hidden malware in here with all my posting today that executed a virus.

I ended up with 3 rootkit viruses on my computer, but since I use a wipable one when I log on here, I was able to isolate and erase them.

I notified branner.


No viruses here. Maybe it was somewhere else you hit.


Well it may pass but why..??







And what do you think of this answer to the guy that has just been banned:

Example:

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/whats-worse-than-a-moderator-d15-e821.php#post_5710
IBdaMann wrote:
So one day brannon goes into trafn's cafe.



brannon: Well, what've you got to post?
Trafn: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...
Trafn: ...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...
Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!
Trafn: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.
brannon: Have you got anything without spam?
Trafn: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.
Brannon: I don't want ANY spam!
trafn: What about egg bacon spam and sausage?
Brannon: THAT'S got spam in it!
Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam... (Crescendo through next few lines...)
Brannon: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?
Trafn: Urgghh!
Brannon: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like spam!
Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
brannon: Shut up!
Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Trafn: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.
Brannon: I don't like spam!
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE


.




He kept low profile the last days trafn was here but now he got his guts back.
Is that how it works..?

Is this a proof that CO2-sceptic tolls only behave good if there is an alarmist playing a larger troll who is very likely to attack them..?

In my opinion it looks very bad.




Β­
22-11-2015 13:26
IBdaMann
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(3109)
Jakob wrote:
Β­And what do you think of this answer to the guy that has just been banned:


Learn a little more English by watching that video. That is classic Monty Python. It is great for changing the tone of a tense situation.

However, you seem to be implying that we should be treating tafn as though he were a victim. He is not. I never wanted him banned but any spam master should be mocked and ridiculed, not have his denial of service attacks encouraged or idolized.

Watch the video, it's VERY apropos. It's just Monty Python.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
22-11-2015 14:13
Jakob
β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†
(127)
Β­




@IBdaMann

It is good for you that you have fun.
Do you also consider if it is good for everybody else and the debate about climate to make fun about a user who can not answer back anymore..?




Why do you think it is smart to quote another writer out of context in your signature when you know it offends him every time you write a post..?

What is the purpose..?


If there really is nothing here you can do better I am sorry I took your time.


Β­


Β­
22-11-2015 15:13
IBdaMann
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(3109)
Jakob wrote: Do you also consider if it is good for everybody else and the debate about climate to make fun about a user who can not answer back anymore..?


Don't you think we should always remember the crap trafn pullled, or do you think we should just forget about it and let happen again when he returns under an alias?

On that note, why do you defend his spam? Why do you defend his behavior? Why do you make him out to be a victim? I have no intention of defending any of his crap. If you are looking for sympathy for trafn, you aren't going to find it here.

Oh, and don't pretend you speak for everybody else on the board. You don't.


Jakob wrote: Why do you think it is smart to quote another writer out of context in your signature when you know it offends him every time you write a post..?

1) I am not quoting him out of context.

2) I don't care if I offend him.

Are you trafn's partner by any chance? You defend his spam and his actions like you are. I find it difficult to believe you are looking for sympathy for what he did.

branner and this board were the victims of trafn's presence. You need to realign your perspective.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
22-11-2015 18:28
Jakob
β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†
(127)
Β­



@IBdaMann


I speak my own opinion only. Are you in all details speaking for a whole bunch..?



Don't you think we should always remember the crap trafn pullled


No, and the spam and flood is already erased on your request too.




Β­2) I don't care if I offend him.


Are you sure it is not the most important reason for you to do it.. to offend..?




Β­
22-11-2015 19:12
IBdaMann
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(3109)
Jakob wrote:Are you sure it is not the most important reason for you to do it.. to offend..? Β­

Yes, I'm sure.

trafn is the one claiming to be offended, rather than honored, that I am quoting him. I cannot control how he takes it. He very clearly stated something that I wish reiterated.

*BUT* I find your double standard very odd. trafn is the one who became extremely offensive to me and you never said a word. So don't think I care a whole lot about your opinion. You had many opportunities to tell trafn directly, in public posts, to stop being offensive but you couldn't be bothered. Why is it suddenly so important to you now?

So take your pleas for sympathy and your double standard to someone else who likes that sort of thing.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
22-11-2015 19:54
Into the Night
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(5875)
Jakob wrote:
Β­
Into the Night wrote:
trafn wrote:
I guess I tripped some hidden malware in here with all my posting today that executed a virus.

I ended up with 3 rootkit viruses on my computer, but since I use a wipable one when I log on here, I was able to isolate and erase them.

I notified branner.


No viruses here. Maybe it was somewhere else you hit.


Well it may pass but why..??


I was simply pointing out I haven't seen any such viruses on my machine, despite using this site. Why do you consider this talking about trafn's behavior at all?


The Parrot Killer
22-11-2015 20:16
Jakob
β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†
(127)
Β­




My motive is given in the name of the subject.
This is not so much about a specific person who is not here but about how to make the debate better.




@IBdaMann


But you still don't give me a good reason for that quote in your signature.

You say he should be proud but you don't say why and you know for sure it offends him.

So what is your motive ... why is it so important to you..?





Β­
22-11-2015 21:28
Into the Night
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(5875)
Jakob wrote:
Β­
My motive is given in the name of the subject.
This is not so much about a specific person who is not here but about how to make the debate better.

Β­


How about putting the whole ugly issue behind us and getting back to the debate on climate? The way to make the debate better is to intelligently discuss our various viewpoints using the information we have at hand, rather than dissolve into name calling without argument or discussing name calling without argument, spam, and other useless behaviors?


The Parrot Killer
22-11-2015 21:47
IBdaMann
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(3109)
Jakob wrote: @IBdaMann
But you still don't give me a good reason for that quote in your signature.

I don't need to justify my quotes to anyone.

Having said that, I don't mind telling you that trafn eloquently expressed my position, within the exact context of his discussion. I therefore quoted him.

He later realized his mistake. He knew that I had caught him describing how religions operate in exactly the same way I have been describing the IPCC and the entire Marxist scam. As it turns out, trafn is the kind of guy who can never admit when he is wrong. Instead, he attacks the people who realize is wrong. trafn is an asshole. trafn is exactly the kind of person Hitler was, but you defend his actions and you long for his return. That doesn't give anyone much of a reason to respect you.

...and another thing that pisses me off about you is that many times trafn expressed how he thought I should be banned just for disagreeing with him. He tried many times to get me banned. He spammed my threads just to prevent me from discussing science....and you never said anything. Now, trafn got himself banned and you try to lay a guilt trip on me for talking about what happened. That makes you an idiot.

Why don't you start explaining your double standard?

Jakob wrote: You say he should be proud but you don't say why and you know for sure it offends him.

Yes, I know it bothers him and why. I still plan on quoting him. I know it bothers you as well. I'm still going to quote him. Frankly I don't rank your opinion as much of a concern.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
22-11-2015 21:49
IBdaMann
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(3109)
Into the Night wrote:How about putting the whole ugly issue behind us and getting back to the debate on climate?

You'd think. For some reason Jakob wants to assume the trafn legacy.

Whatever.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
22-11-2015 22:29
Jakob
β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†
(127)
Β­



IBdaMann wrote:
He later realized his mistake. He knew that I had caught him


So your reaction if somebody in forum makes a mistake and realizes it you will put it in your signature just to hurt the person wiping his nose in it every time you write a post..?

Hurting the specific person is your motive..?




Β­Β­
22-11-2015 23:38
Jakob
β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†
(127)
Β­



I was very calm when I was accused of not saying anything when the problems were on the worst.
I knew it was not true.
However it seems like my post about it has been erased with the spam so here it is again,,,,,, to all the "fighters",,,,,, not just one:



I have seen something like this happen before.
Somebody dominates the debate by throwing shit and makes others feel bad for no good reason.
It goes up to a point and then someone gets enough and begins to dedicate his whole writing time to throwing the shit back and a lot more to teach them a lesson.
I guess that is where we are now and for everybody's sake it has to stop.

We have a saying in danish: "It is time to put the spoon in the other hand."


I suggest you all take away your signature as a symbol to your accept of this.
You all look ugly advertising with personal attacks and it is not a sober way to debate.


If it was my forum we would now be very close to the point where I would start throwing people out.

In Denmark we allow a lot of freedom but if it is abused too much we can suddenly change to "zero-tolerance-policy".
I hope for everybody's sake nobody makes it necessary for branner to go that far but in my opinion he has the right to do it anytime he wants now.


Please move the spoon.


Β­



Β­
23-11-2015 00:22
IBdaMann
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(3109)
Jakob wrote:
I was very calm when I was accused of not saying anything when the problems were on the worst.
I knew it was not true.
However it seems like my post about it has been erased with the spam so here it is again,,,,,, to all the "fighters",,,,,, not just one:

I have seen something like this happen before.
Somebody dominates the debate by throwing shit and makes others feel bad for no good reason.
It goes up to a point and then someone gets enough and begins to dedicate his whole writing time to throwing the shit back and a lot more to teach them a lesson.
I guess that is where we are now and for everybody's sake it has to stop.

We have a saying in danish: "It is time to put the spoon in the other hand."


I suggest you all take away your signature as a symbol to your accept of this.
You all look ugly advertising with personal attacks and it is not a sober way to debate.


If it was my forum we would now be very close to the point where I would start throwing people out.

In Denmark we allow a lot of freedom but if it is abused too much we can suddenly change to "zero-tolerance-policy".
I hope for everybody's sake nobody makes it necessary for branner to go that far but in my opinion he has the right to do it anytime he wants now.


Please move the spoon.


Β­



Β­

I remember your post. I appreciated learning the phrase in Dansk.

Nowhere in that post nor anywhere else did you call out trafn for "offensiveness." All you touched on was the lack of productivity because the discussions went nowhere. I agreed.

All I did was point out all the spam, from Ceist and trafn both. I noticed you did not thank me. You are welcome nonetheless.

Personally I didn't care much for your commentary on signature blocks because that's none of your business. I am not going to ask you or anyone else for approval of what I write.

Also, the quotes I put in my signature block are direct quotes. I did not call anyone any names. I fault you for not making that distinction. Also, I have never complained about anyone's signature block. I fault you for not including that in your commentary. trafn insulted me by name in his sig block and you did not make any distinction. trafn was the one doing all the complaining and all the insulting, and you did not portray that fact and you did not call out trafn for the obvious, one-sided crap he was pulling.

So go whine to someone else. I don't want to hear (read) it.

...but I do appreciate the saying.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-11-2015 01:24
Jakob
β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†
(127)
Β­




IBdaMann wrote:
you never said anything.




IBdaMann wrote:
I remember your post.



Thank you.

So is it alright for me now to write in my signature that you are a liar..?

I don't think so.

That sort of thing is in my opinion not what the signature is meant for and it would irritate you every time I wrote a post and it would make others afraid to write anything for the fear of being hurt for trying to learn.
I think it would be poison for a good debate.




Don't you think it will be a good thing to try to keep the subjects apart instead of pulling one with you to all the others in your signature..?



Are we in your opinion not supposed to be here to help each other..?






Β­
23-11-2015 03:53
IBdaMann
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(3109)
Jakob wrote:
Β­




IBdaMann wrote:
you never said anything.




IBdaMann wrote:
I remember your post.



Thank you.

Go back and re-read my post. You apparently did not understand it.

I remember your post. You did not address any of the things I mentioned. Yes, you did write stuff, just the wrong stuff and now you are trying to somehow blame me where you wouldn't speak up.

Jakob wrote: So is it alright for me now to write in my signature that you are a liar..?

You can write whatever you want. Try it for a few days and see how it works out for you.

Jakob wrote: I don't think so.

That sort of thing is in my opinion not what the signature is meant for and it would irritate you every time I wrote a post and it would make others afraid to write anything for the fear of being hurt for trying to learn.

Once again, you should stop pretending to speak for other people.

Jakob wrote:Are we in your opinion not supposed to be here to help each other..?


If you cannot function properly because of someone's signature block, then you have a personal problem.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-11-2015 04:35
Into the Night
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(5875)
IBdaMann wrote:

If you cannot function properly because of someone's signature block, then you have a personal problem.
.


...or a dead parrot.


The Parrot Killer
23-11-2015 10:09
Jakob
β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†
(127)
Β­



@IBdaMann


You wrote that I said nothing in spite of that you very well remember my post. Does that not make you a liar..?
I think it fits the definition and I also think you did it on purpose to turn the subject away from you and towards a person not being here anymore.
The last part I can never proof but am I wrong..?



However you did not answer the most important question in my last post:


Don't you think it will be a good thing to try to keep the subjects apart instead of pulling one with you to all the others in your signature..?






Β­
Edited on 23-11-2015 10:09
23-11-2015 12:12
IBdaMann
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(3109)
Jakob wrote: @IBdaMann

You wrote that I said nothing in spite of that you very well remember my post. Does that not make you a liar..?

I have already explained twice. You let me know which other parts you don't understand and we'll focus on that.


Jakob wrote:However you did not answer the most important question in my last post:


Don't you think it will be a good thing to try to keep the subjects apart instead of pulling one with you to all the others in your signature..?


I cannot decipher this statement. My best guess is that I separate the statements in my signature block with a blank line for readability.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-11-2015 13:11
Ceist
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜†β˜†
(592)
Jakob wrote:
Β­




My motive is given in the name of the subject.
This is not so much about a specific person who is not here but about how to make the debate better.




@IBdaMann


But you still don't give me a good reason for that quote in your signature.

You say he should be proud but you don't say why and you know for sure it offends him.

So what is your motive ... why is it so important to you..?

Β­


To put IBdamann's signature back in context: I was referring to IBdaMann's use of Cliff Harris as an 'authoritative' source to support one of his claims. Harris is not any sort of scientist, has no qualifications, has no published work, believes keeping 'scrapbooks of temperatures since he was a child' makes him 'one of the top ten climatologists in the world for 4 decades', and believes he can use the Bible to 'predict' the climate.


This was my post:

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/understanding-albedo-d6-e781.php#post_4252

Ceist wrote:
The internet is full of crackpot cranks making all sorts of bizarre evidence-free claims. Does anyone take them seriously? (except other crackpot cranks or people so desperate to find anything at all to 'confirm' their religious/ideological beliefs, that they'll use anything they find on the internet, no matter how ridiculous)

That's why when making claims about science, I think it's preferable to use evidence-based authoritative sources like the major science institutions, current science textbooks, science Journals etc.
trafn wrote:
@Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin.


It is hilariously ironic that IBdaMann stampedes all over the internet with his never-ending 'you're all religious cultist warmazombie morons!' troll posts, yet used a religious nutter as an 'authoritative' source - hoisting himself with his own 'religious' petard.


While trafn certainly went off the deep end with his posts especially towards the end, I think it's very clear who has been causing most of the problems on this forum in the past 2 months. IBdaMann the Sky Dragon Slayer -stomping on every thread with his pathological lying, sociopathic manipulating and bullying, malicious personal attacks, childish pictures of drooling babies etc and delusional evidence-free crackpot pseudoscience rants.

While it was kind of amusing at first, it's become incredibly irritating and tedious to have IBdaMann trashing every thread, which is why I've pretty much stopped posting here. I'll check in from time to time to see if branner has banned IBDaMann like other forums have done.
Edited on 23-11-2015 13:58
23-11-2015 15:10
IBdaMann
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(3109)
Ceist wrote:
http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/understanding-albedo-d6-e781.php#post_4252

Ceist wrote:
The internet is full of crackpot cranks making all sorts of bizarre evidence-free claims. Does anyone take them seriously? (except other crackpot cranks or people so desperate to find anything at all to 'confirm' their religious/ideological beliefs, that they'll use anything they find on the internet, no matter how ridiculous)

That's why when making claims about science, I think it's preferable to use evidence-based authoritative sources like the major science institutions, current science textbooks, science Journals etc.
trafn wrote:
@Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin.


Thank you for reiterating. That is exactly the context, and message, I wish to echo for time immemorial.

Ceist wrote: While it was kind of amusing at first, it's become incredibly irritating and tedious to have IBdaMann trashing every thread, which is why I've pretty much stopped posting here.

No might have posted here, but you never "contributed" anything. By no longer posting here you have helped cut down the amount of distracting drool through which others must sift and slog.

Ceist wrote: I'll check in from time to time to see if branner has banned IBDaMann like other forums have done.

Maybe we can just establish an automatic alert for that sort of thing.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-11-2015 15:44
Jakob
β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†
(127)
Β­



@IBdaMann


What do "Climate Scientist" and "Global Warming" think of you quoting them in your signature..?

Are those quotes also from the debate and if so can you bring a link to the context..?





Here the question you do not understand:
Don't you think it will be a good thing to try to keep the subjects apart instead of pulling one with you to all the others in your signature..?


Is this a little better:
Don't you think it will be a good thing to try keeping the subjects apart instead of the users pulling quotes from them all around in forum in their signatures..?





Β­
23-11-2015 16:28
Ceist
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜†β˜†
(592)
Jakob wrote:
Β­



@IBdaMann


What do "Climate Scientist" and "Global Warming" think of you quoting them in your signature..?

Are those quotes also from the debate and if so can you bring a link to the context..?



Hans citat om global opvarmning kommer fra forbindelse med ham onanere med sig selv.

It was from mass debating. A lot.
Edited on 23-11-2015 16:57
23-11-2015 16:58
IBdaMann
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(3109)
Jakob wrote: What do "Climate Scientist" and "Global Warming" think of you quoting them in your signature..?

Ask them.

Jakob wrote: Are those quotes also from the debate and if so can you bring a link to the context..?

You are welcome to look up Climate Scientist's post from which I took that quote.


Jakob wrote:Is this a little better:
[quote]Don't you think it will be a good thing to try keeping the subjects apart instead of the users pulling quotes from them all around in forum in their signatures..?


Yes, it's much better.

No, I think quotes in signature blocks are a good thing. It's very common for this reason.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-11-2015 20:57
Jakob
β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†
(127)
Β­



@IBdaMann


It seems to me you don't want to answer so much anymore.
Maybe you find it hard to find the time to answer like I do it to ask.
It impresses me how slow this can move.



If you can find the time for it I will instead ask you to bring a couple of links to your finest moments in the climate debate.
Just so I can see how that looks.





Β­Β­
23-11-2015 21:12
IBdaMann
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(3109)
Jakob wrote: It seems to me you don't want to answer so much anymore.

Correct. I lose interest around the third time I've explained something.

By the way, did you have a point about Global Warming or something in all this?

Jakob wrote: If you can find the time for it I will instead ask you to bring a couple of links to your finest moments in the climate debate. Just so I can see how that looks.


Those would be my discussions with you. Scintillating.

Shouldn't you be lamenting the loss of trafn's spam about now?




How it's going over there at http://nithane.freeforums.net/board/4/m2c2-topics:

Created Replies Views Last
gctimes 0 18 by trafn
trafn 0 14 by trafn
trafn 0 8 by trafn
trafn 0 9 by trafn
trafn 0 5 by trafn
trafn 0 9 by trafn
trafn 0 9 by trafn
trafn 0 6 by trafn
trafn 0 8 by trafn
trafn 0 6 by trafn
trafn 0 7 by trafn
trafn 0 8 by trafn
trafn 0 14 by trafn

Still no replies. I hope things pick up for him.


.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Edited on 23-11-2015 22:11
23-11-2015 23:35
Into the Night
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(5875)
IBdaMann wrote:
Jakob wrote: It seems to me you don't want to answer so much anymore.

Correct. I lose interest around the third time I've explained something.

By the way, did you have a point about Global Warming or something in all this?

Jakob wrote: If you can find the time for it I will instead ask you to bring a couple of links to your finest moments in the climate debate. Just so I can see how that looks.


Those would be my discussions with you. Scintillating.

Shouldn't you be lamenting the loss of trafn's spam about now?




How it's going over there at http://nithane.freeforums.net/board/4/m2c2-topics:

Created Replies Views Last
gctimes 0 18 by trafn
trafn 0 14 by trafn
trafn 0 8 by trafn
trafn 0 9 by trafn
trafn 0 5 by trafn
trafn 0 9 by trafn
trafn 0 9 by trafn
trafn 0 6 by trafn
trafn 0 8 by trafn
trafn 0 6 by trafn
trafn 0 7 by trafn
trafn 0 8 by trafn
trafn 0 14 by trafn

Still no replies. I hope things pick up for him.


.


.

I could care less whether things pick up for him. He is cooking in his own stew, noticeably lacking in beef.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 23-11-2015 23:37
24-11-2015 00:59
Jakob
β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†
(127)
Β­


@IBdaMann


About keeping the subjects separated in forum, do you think it is a bad idea in general..?




@Into the Night

I think it might be relevant to ask you the same question.



Β­
24-11-2015 01:17
Into the Night
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(5875)
Jakob wrote:
Β­


@IBdaMann


About keeping the subjects separated in forum, do you think it is a bad idea in general..?




@Into the Night

I think it might be relevant to ask you the same question.



Β­


Why is this an issue? The subject system is used just fine. Folks will wander into conversations as they will from the starting subject. End of story.


The Parrot Killer
24-11-2015 11:43
Jakob
β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†
(127)
Β­




Into the Night wrote:
Why is this an issue?




Like most of the other questions it is all about improving the debate. The subject of this thread.






I also want you to tell me about your signature.

In Denmark we have an expression: "he shot the parrot".
It means he was lucky and did something very good for himself.
I have also seen it used among guys about sex withe their wifes: "gosh I shot the parrot last night, I can hardly walk today".
And a parrot can also just be a person repeating something he heard somewhere.

Is it one of those you mean..?

What do you want people to think when they read it..?





Β­
24-11-2015 14:10
IBdaMann
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(3109)
Jakob wrote:Like most of the other questions it is all about improving the debate. The subject of this thread.


On the topic of improving debate, fascist intellectual cowards who seek to control the expression of others, like trafn for example, do not improve debate; they help kill it. These kind of people are likely to lose sleep over someone else's signature block and lament the absence of fascist intellectual cowards like trafn.

Stop worrying about other people's signature blocks and stop trying to control the expression of others.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-11-2015 14:20
Jakob
β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†
(127)
Β­




IBdaMann wrote:
stop trying to control the expression of others.


If that is your position, then why did you yourself try to stop a flood and spam campaign going on..?





Β­
24-11-2015 19:09
IBdaMann
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(3109)
Jakob wrote: If that is your position, then why did you yourself try to stop a flood and spam campaign going on..? Β­


I was not a moderator. I never tried to stop it. There was never anything I could do.

I did, however, point it out.

Spam limits/reduces/restricts others' ability to express themselves. I generally oppose the limitation/reduction/restriction of expression. I generally oppose denial-of-service attacks. I generally oppose spam.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-11-2015 20:03
Into the Night
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(5875)
Jakob wrote:
Β­




Into the Night wrote:
Why is this an issue?




Like most of the other questions it is all about improving the debate. The subject of this thread.






I also want you to tell me about your signature.

In Denmark we have an expression: "he shot the parrot".
It means he was lucky and did something very good for himself.
I have also seen it used among guys about sex withe their wifes: "gosh I shot the parrot last night, I can hardly walk today".
And a parrot can also just be a person repeating something he heard somewhere.

Is it one of those you mean..?

What do you want people to think when they read it..?





Β­

And a parrot is someone that repeats stuff he heard somewhere mindlessly, without thinking, or who says stuff that has no meaning to anything else around it.

This includes the illiterate, the useful idiots, the and those fixated on useless subjects (hint!).

Nothing about this thread is improving the debate.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 24-11-2015 20:04
24-11-2015 21:00
Ceist
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜†β˜†
(592)
Into the Night wrote:
Jakob wrote:
Β­




Into the Night wrote:
Why is this an issue?




Like most of the other questions it is all about improving the debate. The subject of this thread.






I also want you to tell me about your signature.

In Denmark we have an expression: "he shot the parrot".
It means he was lucky and did something very good for himself.
I have also seen it used among guys about sex withe their wifes: "gosh I shot the parrot last night, I can hardly walk today".
And a parrot can also just be a person repeating something he heard somewhere.

Is it one of those you mean..?

What do you want people to think when they read it..?





Β­

And a parrot is someone that repeats stuff he heard somewhere mindlessly, without thinking, or who says stuff that has no meaning to anything else around it.

This includes the illiterate, the useful idiots, the and those fixated on useless subjects (hint!).

Nothing about this thread is improving the debate.
If your signature is a cry for help I suggest you call a Suicide helpline or make an urgent appointment to see your psychiatrist. It would help if you discuss your conspiracy ideation, projection and delusional thought processes as well as your suicide ideation.

I'm not surprised to find that Sky Dragon Slayers like you and IBdamann suffer from mental illness.
Edited on 24-11-2015 21:24
25-11-2015 00:28
Jakob
β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†
(127)
Β­




@Into the Night

Is a parrot also a person filling the database with long unnecessary quotes..?

You did not answer what you want people to think about your signature.
Do you think it will seem friendly or hostile to new readers coming to forum..?





@IBdaMann

I did, however, point it out.

Spam limits/reduces/restricts others' ability to express themselves. I generally oppose the limitation/reduction/restriction of expression. I generally oppose denial-of-service attacks. I generally oppose spam.


"restricts others' ability" ... That sounds silly to me. Could you not post..?

But so it is clear now you do want rules, limits and borders too. You did try to stop it and I did too.
It is irritating noise in my opinion just like your signature spamming quotes every time you make a post.

And what now makes your opinion about where the borders are supposed to be the only thing that matters.
If your opinion as a user shall count others shall too or is it all just about you you and your opinion..?





@Ceist

Just what in this quote to "Into the Night" is supposed to improve the debate..? :

I'm not surprised to find that Sky Dragon Slayers like you and IBdamann suffer from mental illness.





Β­
25-11-2015 03:07
Into the Night
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(5875)
Jakob wrote:
Β­




@Into the Night

Is a parrot also a person filling the database with long unnecessary quotes..?

You did not answer what you want people to think about your signature.
Do you think it will seem friendly or hostile to new readers coming to forum..?


Β­


Ad hominem ignored. I have already answered the question. If you choose to not recognize that, I can't help you. Remain in ignorance then.


The Parrot Killer
25-11-2015 05:15
IBdaMann
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
(3109)
Jakob wrote:"restricts others' ability" ... That sounds silly to me.

You never explained why you defend denial-of-service attacks.

Jakob wrote: But so it is clear now you do want rules, limits and borders too.

But just so it is clear, you apparently have forgotten everything that has transpired and are now asking for others to bring you up to speed.


Jakob wrote: You did try to stop it and I did too.

Neither of us are moderators. What did I do stop trafn from posting spam?

Jakob wrote: It is irritating noise in my opinion just like your signature spamming quotes every time you make a post.

My signature irritates those people who worship the Global Warming religion but who need to insist their religion is science. My sinature helps people with certain delusions realize they have personal issues.

I don't charge for my services.

Jakob wrote: And what now makes your opinion about where the borders are supposed to be the only thing that matters.

You first. This entire thread is about how you think you should be the approval authority for what gets posted. You seem to be a second version of trafn. He was irritated by differing oinions and labelled them all as counterproductive to debate, just as you are doing.

Jakob wrote:If your opinion as a user shall count others shall too or is it all just about you you and your opinion..?

I have never tried to silence any opposing viewpoints. I have never pressured anyone into not posting any particular ideas.

You and trafn are all about silencing opinions that irritate you. I think you should explain why you think that improves debate, especially when we just watched trafn kill all debate in that manner (while you lamented branner putting an end to it).

.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-11-2015 08:40
Ceist
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜†β˜†
(592)
Jakob wrote:
@Ceist

Just what in this quote to "Into the Night" is supposed to improve the debate..? :

I'm not surprised to find that Sky Dragon Slayers like you and IBdamann suffer from mental illness.





Β­
It was your idea to have this sort of discussion here, instead of in every thread. I think that it's a good idea.

It's virtually impossible to have a rational 'debate' with a Sky Dragon Slayer about the earth's climate. It's like trying to debate about the shape of the earth with a flat-earther, or the age of the earth with a Young Earth Creationist.

It doesn't matter how much evidence or links to textbooks or published papers or authoritative science institutions you throw at a Sky Dragon Slayer. They insist over and over that even the earth's natural 'greenhouse' effect doesn't even exist and that mainstream science and all the atmospheric physics textbooks are wrong and that everyone who doesn't agree with them are morons. They show a complete misunderstanding of long established evidence-based science about the earth's atmosphere and the laws of physics. Some are quite harmless and just fill up forum threads and blogs with pseudoscience nonsense, but others like IBdamann become aggressive and abusive.

IBdaMann's bullying, manipulative, sociopathic, pathological lying behaviour on many forums on the internet and on this forum is also strongly indicative of mental health issues involving a personality disorder. He himself has admitted being banned from 5 forums because of his behaviour.
Edited on 25-11-2015 09:22
Page 1 of 212>





Join the debate Users improving the debate:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Methods of shutting down democratic debate2608-03-2018 20:46
The Trump Administration Wants To Debate Climate Change On TV. Here's What Scientists Think About It 1506-03-2018 22:53
EPA To Bring Debate to the Public1913-12-2017 19:24
Users' Profiles208-12-2017 19:15
Are partisan politics skewing the climate debate?619-10-2017 22:57
β–² Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright Β© 2009-2017 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact