Remember me
▼ Content

US Off-Course, China Leads on Climate Change



Page 1 of 212>
US Off-Course, China Leads on Climate Change11-11-2017 23:07
monckton
★☆☆☆☆
(63)
Thank heavens.
Looks like it's going to be their century ...

"... it is reassuring to observe China confidently moving ahead with its ambitious plans to restructure its economy, revolutionize its energy sector and live up to its commitment to aggressively address climate change."

http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/ugc/articles/2017/08/23/as-trump-veers-us-offcourse-china-leads-on-climate-change.html
12-11-2017 18:15
Into the Night
★★★★★
(4319)
You really believe these guys, eh?
12-11-2017 19:01
monckton
★☆☆☆☆
(63)
It seems reasonable to me, look what they've accomplished in such a short time.
New roads, new bridges - that new radio telescope they built would be the largest in the world if the russians didn't have the biggest.
12-11-2017 20:43
Into the Night
★★★★★
(4319)
monckton wrote:
It seems reasonable to me, look what they've accomplished in such a short time.
New roads, new bridges - that new radio telescope they built would be the largest in the world if the russians didn't have the biggest.


Oh...and don't forget the zombie economy with all of it's mega projects that won't accomplish much, and whole cities being built when there is no one to live in them.

There comes a point, you know, where the government runs out of money. It's already happening in China. That's why people in China are trying to get any wealth they can OUT of the country.

We could see yet another violent revolution in China soon.


The Parrot Killer
12-11-2017 22:18
litesong
★★★★☆
(1861)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" bluffed:We could see yet another violent revolution in China soon.
Tiananmen massacre taught where Chinese Citizens & revolutions go to die, when chinese communists(always small letters) have all the guns. There wasn't even a revolution going on (tho they called it revolutionary) between 1949 & early 1970's, while Mao's bullys murdered, tortured & starved to death, 100 CHINESE BROTHERS, SISTERS, CHILDREN & BABIES, to stamp the brand of chinese communism (always small letters) on China.
Edited on 12-11-2017 22:28
12-11-2017 23:51
litesong
★★★★☆
(1861)
litesong wrote: 100 CHINESE BROTHERS, SISTERS, CHILDREN & BABIES, to stamp the brand of chinese communism (always small letters) on China.
Correction:
100 should be 100 million......
13-11-2017 00:39
monckton
★☆☆☆☆
(63)
Into the Night wrote:
Oh...and don't forget the zombie economy with all of it's mega projects that won't accomplish much, and whole cities being built when there is no one to live in them.


There's an idea - maybe they could offer to house all them folks flooded out from Houston while the american government fixes up their shacks so they can move back in. But then they've already probably got their hands full leading on this climate change thing without taking in refugees.
13-11-2017 06:30
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(621)
Into the Night wrote:
monckton wrote:
It seems reasonable to me, look what they've accomplished in such a short time.
New roads, new bridges - that new radio telescope they built would be the largest in the world if the russians didn't have the biggest.


Oh...and don't forget the zombie economy with all of it's mega projects that won't accomplish much, and whole cities being built when there is no one to live in them.

There comes a point, you know, where the government runs out of money. It's already happening in China. That's why people in China are trying to get any wealth they can OUT of the country.

We could see yet another violent revolution in China soon.


China really is leading the world in Renewable Energy Technology. They are leaving us in the dust so bad that it is pitiful. Get yourself an Alibaba app for your iPad, and go check out the deals you can get on Renewable Energy Stuff from China. It's incredible when you compare the price on electronic stuff. But don't think those prices on Solar Panels will work. They don't, because of the high tariff they put on those, to protect our fledgling Solar Panel Industry.

But anyway, the bottom line from that article is pretty good, and worth repeating.

That article said:
An administration truly devoted to increasing employment opportunities for workers from hard-hit industries would see the value in promoting renewable energy development, which is producing a bounty of good paying jobs. Unfortunately, our present executive branch is actively working against the best interests of the country and ceding leadership to the rest of the world. China stands to be one of the greatest beneficiaries of this folly.


All we have to do is get our minds around it, and we can turn this into a fun project also, instead of just getting left in the dust, wondering what happened.


~*~ GreenMan ~*~
13-11-2017 08:04
Into the Night
★★★★★
(4319)
GreenMan wrote:
China really is leading the world in Renewable Energy Technology. They are leaving us in the dust so bad that it is pitiful. Get yourself an Alibaba app for your iPad, and go check out the deals you can get on Renewable Energy Stuff from China. It's incredible when you compare the price on electronic stuff. But don't think those prices on Solar Panels will work. They don't, because of the high tariff they put on those, to protect our fledgling Solar Panel Industry.

You like it so much? Go live there!
GreenMan wrote:
But anyway, the bottom line from that article is pretty good, and worth repeating.

...deleted Holy Quote and general rant about Trump...

It wasn't worth using someone else'[/quote]
s argument the first time.
GreenMan wrote:
All we have to do is get our minds around it, and we can turn this into a fun project also, instead of just getting left in the dust, wondering what happened.

I have no problem with being 'left in the dust'. I don't think the United States should join the Church of Global Warming.

State religions are illegal here.


The Parrot Killer
13-11-2017 08:35
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(621)
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
China really is leading the world in Renewable Energy Technology. They are leaving us in the dust so bad that it is pitiful. Get yourself an Alibaba app for your iPad, and go check out the deals you can get on Renewable Energy Stuff from China. It's incredible when you compare the price on electronic stuff. But don't think those prices on Solar Panels will work. They don't, because of the high tariff they put on those, to protect our fledgling Solar Panel Industry.

You like it so much? Go live there!
GreenMan wrote:
But anyway, the bottom line from that article is pretty good, and worth repeating.

...deleted Holy Quote and general rant about Trump...

It wasn't worth using someone else'

s argument the first time.
GreenMan wrote:
All we have to do is get our minds around it, and we can turn this into a fun project also, instead of just getting left in the dust, wondering what happened.

I have no problem with being 'left in the dust'. I don't think the United States should join the Church of Global Warming.

State religions are illegal here.[/quote]

Nah, I think I will stay here, and just rid this place of vermin. Well, that's not exactly correct. I don't have to lift a finger to eliminate the vermin that have taken over. All I have to do is patiently wait for them to rid themselves.


~*~ GreenMan ~*~
13-11-2017 09:07
monckton
★☆☆☆☆
(63)
I think I read somewhere that China's place in the global migration order has been transformed by three decades of rapid economic development and that increasing numbers of foreigners are making their way to China. Hold on, yes here it is ...

Destination China: The Country Adjusts to its New Migration Reality
https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/destination-china-country-adjusts-its-new-migration-reality

And they make iPhones.
13-11-2017 17:42
Wake
★★★★★
(2586)
monckton wrote:
I think I read somewhere that China's place in the global migration order has been transformed by three decades of rapid economic development and that increasing numbers of foreigners are making their way to China. Hold on, yes here it is ...

Destination China: The Country Adjusts to its New Migration Reality
https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/destination-china-country-adjusts-its-new-migration-reality

And they make iPhones.


Communism is rule by liberals. And liberals consider themselves intellectuals. As intellectuals they do not consider the common man smart enough to govern himself and they must do it for them.

With ALL of this power behind them they always have grandiose projects to demonstrate this power to the rest of the world.

Let me quote Eric Hoffer: "What does an economy run by intellectuals look like?It is colossal: big plans, big statistics, gigantic steel plants, factories, dams, powerhouses-the biggest ever! ~ In Russia they build the biggest steam shovel ever made, while everywhere in the country you see people carrying brick and mortar on wooden platforms, four men lifting at four corners, because there are neither buckets nor wheelbarrows."

He goes on to explain why most of the world hates American. Because we have achieved everything we have not because of a government of intellectuals but because each man has the ability to do whatever he WANTS. This strikes fear into the hearts of socialists everywhere and socialists are today's liberals. If you read through ALL of the intellectual's works from as far back as the 1650's you see the judgments of how the common man is a fool that has to be treated as a slave in order for anything to be achieved.

So when you read about how China will do this or that it isn't because of the people of China, it is their government trying to show the world that the only way to achieve anything is under the firm control of a liberal/intellectual.

How is China reducing pollution in it's largest cities to show the world? By cutting off power to the vast majority of it's population. Of course the elite masters need their living comforts.

I suggest you look around at what this government has become - rule by the world's dumbest intellectuals. They are fighting Trump for one reason - he was elected to drain the swamp and THEY are the swamp.
13-11-2017 19:41
monckton
★☆☆☆☆
(63)
Whoah, I can see why you're all still debating climate change.
I hope you're wrong because it looks like that's all over.

This rugged individualism is all very utopian and was a nice fiction that kept people pliant - but when its time to bail out the banks you need a firm hand at the tiller to force it through and nobody inside the party complained about socialism then.
So like China, the US has its mechanisms in place for such eventualities and if they fail there's always force.

But enough about the past.
Maybe they've been running climate models Trump doesn't know about?
But who needs models any more?

"The Sunway TaihuLight (Chinese: 神威·太湖之光, Shénwēi·tàihú zhī guāng) is a Chinese supercomputer which, as of November 2016, is ranked number one in the TOP500 list as the fastest supercomputer in the world..."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunway_TaihuLight
13-11-2017 19:53
Into the Night
★★★★★
(4319)
Wake wrote:
monckton wrote:
I think I read somewhere that China's place in the global migration order has been transformed by three decades of rapid economic development and that increasing numbers of foreigners are making their way to China. Hold on, yes here it is ...

Destination China: The Country Adjusts to its New Migration Reality
https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/destination-china-country-adjusts-its-new-migration-reality

And they make iPhones.


Communism is rule by liberals. And liberals consider themselves intellectuals. As intellectuals they do not consider the common man smart enough to govern himself and they must do it for them.

With ALL of this power behind them they always have grandiose projects to demonstrate this power to the rest of the world.

Let me quote Eric Hoffer: "What does an economy run by intellectuals look like?It is colossal: big plans, big statistics, gigantic steel plants, factories, dams, powerhouses-the biggest ever! ~ In Russia they build the biggest steam shovel ever made, while everywhere in the country you see people carrying brick and mortar on wooden platforms, four men lifting at four corners, because there are neither buckets nor wheelbarrows."

He goes on to explain why most of the world hates American. Because we have achieved everything we have not because of a government of intellectuals but because each man has the ability to do whatever he WANTS. This strikes fear into the hearts of socialists everywhere and socialists are today's liberals. If you read through ALL of the intellectual's works from as far back as the 1650's you see the judgments of how the common man is a fool that has to be treated as a slave in order for anything to be achieved.

So when you read about how China will do this or that it isn't because of the people of China, it is their government trying to show the world that the only way to achieve anything is under the firm control of a liberal/intellectual.

How is China reducing pollution in it's largest cities to show the world? By cutting off power to the vast majority of it's population. Of course the elite masters need their living comforts.

I suggest you look around at what this government has become - rule by the world's dumbest intellectuals. They are fighting Trump for one reason - he was elected to drain the swamp and THEY are the swamp.


The thing the liberal doesn't understand is how people came to this country with NOTHING but a few seeds and clothes and scratched this nation out of the wilderness with no government help.

They formed their OWN government.

Same thing happened in California. There WAS NO government in California when the prospectors and others making their way across the plains arrived. Now, it is a State with large cities (built from nothing but raw local resources and a determination to build their own destiny), and it has now become a State that has largely forgotten it's past or how it was built to begin with. Much of that happened when California went liberal. It used to be a bastion of conservative values.


The Parrot Killer
13-11-2017 19:58
Wake
★★★★★
(2586)
monckton wrote:
Whoah, I can see why you're all still debating climate change.
I hope you're wrong because it looks like that's all over.

This rugged individualism is all very utopian and was a nice fiction that kept people pliant - but when its time to bail out the banks you need a firm hand at the tiller to force it through and nobody inside the party complained about socialism then.
So like China, the US has its mechanisms in place for such eventualities and if they fail there's always force.

But enough about the past.
Maybe they've been running climate models Trump doesn't know about?
But who needs models any more?

"The Sunway TaihuLight (Chinese: 神威·太湖之光, Shénwēi·tàihú zhī guāng) is a Chinese supercomputer which, as of November 2016, is ranked number one in the TOP500 list as the fastest supercomputer in the world..."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunway_TaihuLight


If I understand you correctly you wouldn't mind living under a despotism. Is that why you use the name Monckton? Because you believe that you could be one of the elite? Well, my grandfather spoke Yiddish so I assumed he was Jewish. But I recently discovered that must have been because he lived or worked around the Jewish districts in New York when he came through Ellis Island. Tracing his name back I discovered that I'm part of the Austrian royal family. But I do not believe for one second that I would be part of any elite. They are not people with money. They are those with the largest guns.

I am an electronics engineer who has helped work on the very first supercomputer. The speed of the computer isn't very important anymore. Atmospheric science is a mathematical probability and digital computers are not good with quantum mechanics. So top end supercomputers are being re-invented as quantum computers. And if you study these deeply enough you discover that they too are mostly BS since they are totally governed by the laws of probability and so can only offer a range of probabilities.

And garbage in equals garbage out.
13-11-2017 20:02
Into the Night
★★★★★
(4319)
monckton wrote:
Whoah, I can see why you're all still debating climate change.
I hope you're wrong because it looks like that's all over.

Why? Nothing has changed significantly.
monckton wrote:
This rugged individualism is all very utopian and was a nice fiction that kept people pliant

Individualism keeps people pliant??? It's Utopian???

No, it HAPPENED. It's what build the town you live in right now!

monckton wrote:
- but when its time to bail out the banks

There is never a time to bail out the banks. They screwed up...let 'em fail.
monckton wrote:
you need a firm hand at the tiller to force it through and nobody inside the party complained about socialism then.

Yes there was! There is a hell of an outcry. There still is.
monckton wrote:
So like China, the US has its mechanisms in place for such eventualities and if they fail there's always force.

Liberals can only rule by force. People don't voluntarily support dictatorships and oligarchies for long.
monckton wrote:
But enough about the past.
Maybe they've been running climate models Trump doesn't know about?
But who needs models any more?

"The Sunway TaihuLight (Chinese: 神威·太湖之光, Shénwēi·tàihú zhī guāng) is a Chinese supercomputer which, as of November 2016, is ranked number one in the TOP500 list as the fastest supercomputer in the world..."

A computer simulation is just a model, nothing more. It is manufactured data. It doesn't matter how fast the computer is. Using such simulations as data is an argument from randU (a fallacy).


The Parrot Killer
13-11-2017 20:05
litesong
★★★★☆
(1861)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" bluffed: Communism is rule by liberals...
Some old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threateners were in communist china. If you didn't have the word, "liar" in your name, I would think, communist china (always small letters) is a fairy land of sugar & delight, instead of a bury land of stink & depravity.
13-11-2017 22:34
monckton
★☆☆☆☆
(63)
Wake wrote:

If I understand you correctly you wouldn't mind living under a despotism. Is that why you use the name Monckton? Because you believe that you could be one of the elite? ...


I'm not sure I'd still be under despotism if I could pull that off, but no, I'm not trying the old 'logging on as monckton' routine.
I'm here because its funny people are still trying to push this as a 'debate'.
Good luck with that bolted horse, nobody's listening any more.
I go for a drive - all I see is wind-turbines and solar farming.
Facts on the ground the Israelis would call them.

I suppose people still like to have a chinwag about hot topics but 'the oregon petition' - from 1998? Ha-ha, don't let the Chinese see that they'll be signing it for giggles. You should put it up on Alibaba.
13-11-2017 23:07
monckton
★☆☆☆☆
(63)
Into the Night wrote:
monckton wrote:
Whoah, I can see why you're all still debating climate change.
I hope you're wrong because it looks like that's all over.

Why? Nothing has changed significantly.
monckton wrote:
This rugged individualism is all very utopian and was a nice fiction that kept people pliant

Individualism keeps people pliant??? It's Utopian???

No, it HAPPENED. It's what build the town you live in right now!


I'm not going through all that formatting.
I think we're well into the decline of the US Empire, as it collapses in on itself and bickers over what's left in the trough.
Corruption, the looting of the middle class, collapsing infrastructure and ever more desparate measures at home and overseas.
Rising extremism.
Who knows how long it will take, but we're well into it.
I mean look at unemployment, want the good news, it's down to about 21% but has been nearer 25% in recent years.
But you won't find that figure unless you know where to look.

Rugged individuals to the last man.
Just don't sleep on the bench.
Move along.
You can do it.
13-11-2017 23:47
Wake
★★★★★
(2586)
monckton wrote:
Wake wrote:

If I understand you correctly you wouldn't mind living under a despotism. Is that why you use the name Monckton? Because you believe that you could be one of the elite? ...


I'm not sure I'd still be under despotism if I could pull that off, but no, I'm not trying the old 'logging on as monckton' routine.
I'm here because its funny people are still trying to push this as a 'debate'.
Good luck with that bolted horse, nobody's listening any more.
I go for a drive - all I see is wind-turbines and solar farming.
Facts on the ground the Israelis would call them.

I suppose people still like to have a chinwag about hot topics but 'the oregon petition' - from 1998? Ha-ha, don't let the Chinese see that they'll be signing it for giggles. You should put it up on Alibaba.


Let me put this among those facts on the ground.

Pacific Gas and Electricity has enough wind and solar generators to make 19% of their full load if they were ever working all at full capacity. Two years ago in the middle of a drought when wind and solar conditions were nearly perfect they managed to generate 3% of their power from those sources. Last year in much worse conditions they made less than 2%.

The fact is that as an electronics engineer I've looked closely into solar and it simply doesn't work. It costs more in power to manufacture, install and maintain than they produce in their effective lifespan. When I went to a solar power show in 2013 the salesmen were busy telling me about 10 year, 15 year and 20 year lifetimes for these cells. When I discussed it with the engineers themselves it was a different story. They said it was 5 years to half power. At that level the usual dust on the tops of the cells makes them virtually worthless. These painted on solar cells have not improved. Now that they're almost all made in China they have lost some efficiency.

The Windpower generators in the Altamont Pass were broken down commonly and depending on the wind direction (there is only minor differences in direction in this area) half or more would be in wind shadows from the rolling hills.

They have lately installed very large windmills to replace the smaller ones in use for 30 years or so. I drove through that area Saturday and every one of those large windmills was going full speed (save one). There was one problem - there wasn't any wind. The grass above which they are situated was standing bolt upright. They must have been powering those windmills to maintain those large blades moving because they are so big and heavy that normal winds wouldn't start them. To me this means that the net return on these extremely expensive windmills will be near zero.

Green power sounds like a good idea. I was even for it until I looked into it. An engineer at PG&E on another site admitted that they only installed solar and wind power because the government was giving LARGE tax subsidies for it.

This isn't to say that if you have no other method of making power that there are places in the world that it couldn't work. Great Britain and the northern coast of Europe have a lot of wind and little money in their economies to build fossil fueled generators. Certainly northern Africa would be able to have an advantage from solar power.

But the places in which these could be profitable are few and far between.

So I believe that those "facts on the ground" will eventually turn to the ground itself.
13-11-2017 23:54
Into the Night
★★★★★
(4319)
monckton wrote:
I'm not going through all that formatting.

Whatever.
monckton wrote:
I think we're well into the decline of the US Empire,

The U.S. is not an empire. It is a federated republic.
monckton wrote:
as it collapses in on itself and bickers over what's left in the trough.

It is collapsing.
monckton wrote:
Corruption,

Has been part of government as long as there has been government.
monckton wrote:
the looting of the middle class,

And just who is 'looting' them?
monckton wrote:
collapsing infrastructure

Roads are still maintained. Water and sewer systems are still maintained. Electrical systems are still being maintained. Methane delivery systems are still being maintained.

What is collapsing?

monckton wrote:
and ever more desparate measures at home and overseas.

...Such as?
monckton wrote:
Rising extremism.

People are certainly become more polarized now. Not the first time, either.
monckton wrote:
Who knows how long it will take, but we're well into it.

Are you hoping the U.S. will collapse? Why?
monckton wrote:
I mean look at unemployment, want the good news, it's down to about 21% but has been nearer 25% in recent years.

Argument from randU.
monckton wrote:
But you won't find that figure unless you know where to look.

Doesn't matter. It really doesn't mean much. You want to know what I've seen happen?

People out of work for longer times either pick themselves up and make their own job or they don't. If they don't, they just sit and whine instead of going out and finding or making work for themselves. People might have to change careers...things change. Nothing new.

What I also see is a lot more people stuck in the world of drugs, including alcohol, and watching them waste their lives away because of them. I see a lot greater willingness to just accept money from the government, which was taken from somebody productive by force, just so they can continue their unproductive lives and live in a tent.

monckton wrote:
Rugged individuals to the last man.

Those that succeed are just exactly that.
monckton wrote:
Just don't sleep on the bench.
Move along.
You can do it.

You actually can do it...if you want to. You have to want to. You have to get off the drugs or whatever else is keeping you down and go out and find or make work for yourself.


The Parrot Killer
14-11-2017 00:01
Wake
★★★★★
(2586)
monckton wrote: I'm not going through all that formatting.
I think we're well into the decline of the US Empire, as it collapses in on itself and bickers over what's left in the trough.
Corruption, the looting of the middle class, collapsing infrastructure and ever more desparate measures at home and overseas.
Rising extremism.
Who knows how long it will take, but we're well into it.
I mean look at unemployment, want the good news, it's down to about 21% but has been nearer 25% in recent years.
But you won't find that figure unless you know where to look.

Rugged individuals to the last man.
Just don't sleep on the bench.
Move along.
You can do it.


You have a good idea to avoid that silly formatting of nightmare's. Better yet to avoid him completely.

But you also have absolutely NO idea of the strength in America.

All you say about corruption and looting is true. But it has all happened before.

For all of the names thrown at Trump he really is on the right track.

In 2015 there WERE no jobs in Electronics. Now they cannot fill the vacancies. They cannot fill them presently because they do not know how to hire anymore. That 2 years of a Democrat Congress before Obama and then the 8 years of Obama put the useless and the worthless in charge everywhere. Those companies will fail and new ones will spring up to take on the same challenges.

I'm glad that at least you know the true unemployment figures.

But the quality of the common man who is the real power behind the thrown in this country has not changed. There are more drug addicts, yes. There are more criminals, yes. But that is because no longer does the punishment fit the crime. I was pulled over for driving in a suspicious manner - I was the only one on the road driving the speed limit.

If you do not enforce the laws you might as well not have them.

That will dawn on the middle class sooner or later and rather than a hanging party they will vote the trash out of office.

But there is a great deal of inertia to overcome to get them moving.
14-11-2017 00:30
litesong
★★★★☆
(1861)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" wiffed: For all of the names thrown at Trump he really is on the right track. If you do not enforce the laws you might as well not have them.
Das w'at dat "don'T rump" stealer is a tryin' ta do. EE-lim-a-nate all da laws, so's EE-legal peoples is legal, w'en day steals all's da money.... mor' money.... mor'. Den dar is no crime & day's can spent all da mis-gotten money, wit-out gottin' no jail cells time. He's a got it figert, specials fer his self, so's he got no jail time..... neith'r.
Edited on 14-11-2017 00:40
14-11-2017 00:43
Into the Night
★★★★★
(4319)
Wake wrote:
monckton wrote:
Wake wrote:

If I understand you correctly you wouldn't mind living under a despotism. Is that why you use the name Monckton? Because you believe that you could be one of the elite? ...


I'm not sure I'd still be under despotism if I could pull that off, but no, I'm not trying the old 'logging on as monckton' routine.
I'm here because its funny people are still trying to push this as a 'debate'.
Good luck with that bolted horse, nobody's listening any more.
I go for a drive - all I see is wind-turbines and solar farming.
Facts on the ground the Israelis would call them.

I suppose people still like to have a chinwag about hot topics but 'the oregon petition' - from 1998? Ha-ha, don't let the Chinese see that they'll be signing it for giggles. You should put it up on Alibaba.


Let me put this among those facts on the ground.

Pacific Gas and Electricity has enough wind and solar generators to make 19% of their full load if they were ever working all at full capacity. Two years ago in the middle of a drought when wind and solar conditions were nearly perfect they managed to generate 3% of their power from those sources. Last year in much worse conditions they made less than 2%.

The fact is that as an electronics engineer I've looked closely into solar and it simply doesn't work. It costs more in power to manufacture, install and maintain than they produce in their effective lifespan. When I went to a solar power show in 2013 the salesmen were busy telling me about 10 year, 15 year and 20 year lifetimes for these cells. When I discussed it with the engineers themselves it was a different story. They said it was 5 years to half power. At that level the usual dust on the tops of the cells makes them virtually worthless. These painted on solar cells have not improved. Now that they're almost all made in China they have lost some efficiency.

The Windpower generators in the Altamont Pass were broken down commonly and depending on the wind direction (there is only minor differences in direction in this area) half or more would be in wind shadows from the rolling hills.

They have lately installed very large windmills to replace the smaller ones in use for 30 years or so. I drove through that area Saturday and every one of those large windmills was going full speed (save one). There was one problem - there wasn't any wind. The grass above which they are situated was standing bolt upright. They must have been powering those windmills to maintain those large blades moving because they are so big and heavy that normal winds wouldn't start them. To me this means that the net return on these extremely expensive windmills will be near zero.

Green power sounds like a good idea. I was even for it until I looked into it. An engineer at PG&E on another site admitted that they only installed solar and wind power because the government was giving LARGE tax subsidies for it.

This isn't to say that if you have no other method of making power that there are places in the world that it couldn't work. Great Britain and the northern coast of Europe have a lot of wind and little money in their economies to build fossil fueled generators. Certainly northern Africa would be able to have an advantage from solar power.

But the places in which these could be profitable are few and far between.

So I believe that those "facts on the ground" will eventually turn to the ground itself.


Sounds a lot like the windmill problems we have here in Washington. One of these farms are under a lawsuit because the tower was built too near a road, and when it threw ice from a blade one winter, it caused a passing car to wreck injuring the driver and passenger.

The tower was only a quarter mile from the road.

Even ecologists have take a turn against the wind farm. A project south of Las Vegas was canceled due to concerns about golden eagles and desert tortoises. It would have had 87 wind turbines on it.


The Parrot Killer
14-11-2017 02:43
monckton
★☆☆☆☆
(63)
Wake wrote:
You have a good idea to avoid that silly formatting of nightmare's. Better yet to avoid him completely.

But you also have absolutely NO idea of the strength in America....


Well I wouldn't argue with a lot of what you said there.
But can you just drop the american exceptionalism.
You want to see a country that's just shown its strength, it's mettle.
Let's have a round of applause for Syria.
That was a bigger spanner in the works for the neocons than Trump, a modern Stalingrad.
As for Trump he doesn't really matter.
I'm glad he won it upset the applecart, but he's been shown the rules of the game.
He's entertaining like Bush, and he's so bad he's good, again like Bush.
Very educational.
Destroys the myth that the President runs the country.
Obama was slick, nothing changed but he got away with all of it and a peace prize.
I think they brought him in a bit like Victor the Cleaner in Nikita, or Mr Wolf in Pulp Fiction, get rid of the bodies, clean up the mess and do the talking.
Clinton would have done the same - wow, a lady President, let's clap while she bombs Iran.
I want to see who they come up with next, maybe Melania will run...



As for wind and solar power, it's getting better and will continue to.
Battery technology is improving.
It can be made to work, and where it falls short - is where we'll have to adapt.
Plus we don't have a choice.

Plus also, it's probably too late anyway, certainly very close to.
So if nothing changes just sit back and enjoy the show.
It's going to be entertaining as they keep trying to plaster over the widening cracks.
14-11-2017 03:08
Wake
★★★★★
(2586)
monckton wrote:
Wake wrote:
You have a good idea to avoid that silly formatting of nightmare's. Better yet to avoid him completely.

But you also have absolutely NO idea of the strength in America....


Well I wouldn't argue with a lot of what you said there.
But can you just drop the american exceptionalism.
You want to see a country that's just shown its strength, it's mettle.
Let's have a round of applause for Syria.
That was a bigger spanner in the works for the neocons than Trump, a modern Stalingrad.
As for Trump he doesn't really matter.

Plus also, it's probably too late anyway, certainly very close to.
So if nothing changes just sit back and enjoy the show.
It's going to be entertaining as they keep trying to plaster over the widening cracks.


You are welcome to believe as you will. You will see what happens in the end. I've been around a great deal longer than you I have no doubt and I know who is there when the chips are down.
14-11-2017 03:50
litesong
★★★★☆
(1861)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" wiffed:.... Altamont Pass...very large windmills to replace the smaller ones in use for 30 years or so..... large windmills was going full speed ...there wasn't any wind.... They must have been powering those windmills....
Wind power detractors always mention old tech Altamont Pass, so they can pass on old oil, coal, fossil energy, business & re-pubic-lick-un propaganda PR poop. Ya mention the old AP tech breakin' down after 30 years? The new tech will last longer, unlike your propaganda poop 10 or 20 year info. Not understood by you, hundreds of feet tall, wind turbines produce electricity even when wind ground speeds are next to nil. Wait till the coming 1500 foot wind turbines turn & produce power when wind ground speeds are zero.... more efficient (& taller) all the time. & when are turbine blades made of carbon fiber considered heavy? Good ya got better tech than carbon fiber.... NOT!!
14-11-2017 06:20
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(621)
monckton wrote:
Wake wrote:
You have a good idea to avoid that silly formatting of nightmare's. Better yet to avoid him completely.

But you also have absolutely NO idea of the strength in America....


Well I wouldn't argue with a lot of what you said there.
But can you just drop the american exceptionalism.
You want to see a country that's just shown its strength, it's mettle.
Let's have a round of applause for Syria.
That was a bigger spanner in the works for the neocons than Trump, a modern Stalingrad.
As for Trump he doesn't really matter.
I'm glad he won it upset the applecart, but he's been shown the rules of the game.
He's entertaining like Bush, and he's so bad he's good, again like Bush.
Very educational.
Destroys the myth that the President runs the country.
Obama was slick, nothing changed but he got away with all of it and a peace prize.
I think they brought him in a bit like Victor the Cleaner in Nikita, or Mr Wolf in Pulp Fiction, get rid of the bodies, clean up the mess and do the talking.
Clinton would have done the same - wow, a lady President, let's clap while she bombs Iran.
I want to see who they come up with next, maybe Melania will run...



As for wind and solar power, it's getting better and will continue to.
Battery technology is improving.
It can be made to work, and where it falls short - is where we'll have to adapt.
Plus we don't have a choice.

Plus also, it's probably too late anyway, certainly very close to.
So if nothing changes just sit back and enjoy the show.
It's going to be entertaining as they keep trying to plaster over the widening cracks.


Sounds like you have it worked out Mockton. Enjoyed the picture of our future Mrs President. I think we are wading into shit like it's chocolate pudding. It's surprising how many of those in here even like to reach down and get a scoop for lunch occasionally. Just for dessert though, since they always carry their shit sandwich in a bag with them.

I think our greed is going to be our downfall. Right now a lot of people are behind our Fuhrer in Chief, even though he is a complete idiot. But amazing as it is, people like the pretty picture he is painting for our future. They like the idea of the Fuhrer standing up to the Evil U.N. and the IPCC and backing out of the Paris Climate Deal. To most people, that means a future economy that is bustling as our country is the only country in the world that still has almost limitless cheap energy. That means that we get to go on producing at the same cost as always, while the rest of the world has to increase the cost of their goods, due to the Carbon Tax.

Oh yeah, everybody is loving that picture. And that's because no one is talking about how the rest of the world is going to eventually react to that shit.

I think you are right, unless Melania can figure out what to do.


~*~ GreenMan ~*~
14-11-2017 16:11
Wake
★★★★★
(2586)
GreenMan wrote:
monckton wrote:
Wake wrote:
You have a good idea to avoid that silly formatting of nightmare's. Better yet to avoid him completely.

But you also have absolutely NO idea of the strength in America....


Well I wouldn't argue with a lot of what you said there.
But can you just drop the american exceptionalism.
You want to see a country that's just shown its strength, it's mettle.
Let's have a round of applause for Syria.
That was a bigger spanner in the works for the neocons than Trump, a modern Stalingrad.
As for Trump he doesn't really matter.
I'm glad he won it upset the applecart, but he's been shown the rules of the game.
He's entertaining like Bush, and he's so bad he's good, again like Bush.
Very educational.
Destroys the myth that the President runs the country.
Obama was slick, nothing changed but he got away with all of it and a peace prize.
I think they brought him in a bit like Victor the Cleaner in Nikita, or Mr Wolf in Pulp Fiction, get rid of the bodies, clean up the mess and do the talking.
Clinton would have done the same - wow, a lady President, let's clap while she bombs Iran.
I want to see who they come up with next, maybe Melania will run...



As for wind and solar power, it's getting better and will continue to.
Battery technology is improving.
It can be made to work, and where it falls short - is where we'll have to adapt.
Plus we don't have a choice.

Plus also, it's probably too late anyway, certainly very close to.
So if nothing changes just sit back and enjoy the show.
It's going to be entertaining as they keep trying to plaster over the widening cracks.


Sounds like you have it worked out Mockton. Enjoyed the picture of our future Mrs President. I think we are wading into shit like it's chocolate pudding. It's surprising how many of those in here even like to reach down and get a scoop for lunch occasionally. Just for dessert though, since they always carry their shit sandwich in a bag with them.

I think our greed is going to be our downfall. Right now a lot of people are behind our Fuhrer in Chief, even though he is a complete idiot. But amazing as it is, people like the pretty picture he is painting for our future. They like the idea of the Fuhrer standing up to the Evil U.N. and the IPCC and backing out of the Paris Climate Deal. To most people, that means a future economy that is bustling as our country is the only country in the world that still has almost limitless cheap energy. That means that we get to go on producing at the same cost as always, while the rest of the world has to increase the cost of their goods, due to the Carbon Tax.

Oh yeah, everybody is loving that picture. And that's because no one is talking about how the rest of the world is going to eventually react to that shit.

I think you are right, unless Melania can figure out what to do.


The Democrat Party was founded in 1854 as the party of segregation. The party of the Klu Klux Klan. Up until 1964 the KKK hung over 3,500 blacks and over 1,000 white Republicans. Until the Civil Rights Act of 1964 every civil rights law including the 13th and 14th Amendments were pasted not just with full Republican support but with every single Democrat voting against them or abstaining.

JFK Democrats were largely those of the Greatest Generation who fought along side of minorities in WW II and Korea. They were Democrats not because of the Democrat policies but because the Democrats brought in unions.

After JFK's assassination and Lyndon Johnson taking over, Congress passed the civil rights act of 1964. Because there were still many JFK Democrats in Congress the act passed - barely.

What was the vote? 60% Democrats and 80% Republican. After it passed Johnson was ecstatic and was heard to say, "Now we have the (n-word) vote for the next hundred years."

Defecation eating dogs like greenman either know nothing about history or are the same sort of segregationists as all Democrats have been. But he will be the very first one as you see above to call the Trump's names.

greenman is so stupid he hasn't even seen the extreme losses of the black community under Obama and other black leaders designed to make them beholden to the Democrats for table scraps. Or is it that he likes to see that?

litebrain who likes to depict himself as an American Indian doesn't know that the ABILITY to walk off of a reservation was put into law by Republicans which has ALWAYS been the party of the Constitution - where ALL men are created equal. He'll take his cheap shots at Trump because that's what all of his friends do and they do that because their union bosses tell them that Democrats are good and Republican are bad.

Moncton who is totally unaware of history and that women were given equality not by the unions or by the Democrats but by Republicans will carry on in extreme stupidity for the rest of it's life. Nothing more than a tool of the Democrat Party.
14-11-2017 18:59
Into the Night
★★★★★
(4319)
GreenMan wrote:
I think our greed is going to be our downfall.

Americans are the most charitable people I know. Ingrate.
GreenMan wrote:
Right now a lot of people are behind our Fuhrer in Chief, even though he is a complete idiot.

We don't have a Fuhrer. The United States is not a dictatorship. It is a federated republic. Trump is not trying to manage your business for you.
GreenMan wrote:
But amazing as it is, people like the pretty picture he is painting for our future.

Acknowledging the free market system is evil??? You ARE screwed up!
GreenMan wrote:
They like the idea of the Fuhrer standing up to the Evil U.N. and the IPCC and backing out of the Paris Climate Deal.

The U.N. wants to usurp the United States from the people.
The IPCC wants to become rulers of the world.
The Paris treaty is not enforceable. There is no reason to join the Church of Global Warming.
GreenMan wrote:
To most people, that means a future economy that is bustling as our country is the only country in the world that still has almost limitless cheap energy.

And this is bad???
GreenMan wrote:
That means that we get to go on producing at the same cost as always, while the rest of the world has to increase the cost of their goods, due to the Carbon Tax.

And this is bad???
GreenMan wrote:
Oh yeah, everybody is loving that picture. And that's because no one is talking about how the rest of the world is going to eventually react to that shit.

You don't think the people are going to attack the governments that implemented such a stupid tax? You think they'll attack the United States instead?

Did you know the United States has been fighting socialism for quite awhile now?

GreenMan wrote:
I think you are right, unless Melania can figure out what to do.

She is not the President. She has no authority. The President is only the President. He is not the king, he is not the 'fuhrer'. The President has the authority to direct the executive branch in the way he sees fit.

Congress creates the components of the executive branch. Congress is where the laws are made.

You should read the Constitution of the United States sometime. You should also bother to read the constitution of your own State. Remember these are both contracts as well as law.


The Parrot Killer
14-11-2017 19:01
Into the Night
★★★★★
(4319)
Wake wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
monckton wrote:
Wake wrote:
You have a good idea to avoid that silly formatting of nightmare's. Better yet to avoid him completely.

But you also have absolutely NO idea of the strength in America....


Well I wouldn't argue with a lot of what you said there.
But can you just drop the american exceptionalism.
You want to see a country that's just shown its strength, it's mettle.
Let's have a round of applause for Syria.
That was a bigger spanner in the works for the neocons than Trump, a modern Stalingrad.
As for Trump he doesn't really matter.
I'm glad he won it upset the applecart, but he's been shown the rules of the game.
He's entertaining like Bush, and he's so bad he's good, again like Bush.
Very educational.
Destroys the myth that the President runs the country.
Obama was slick, nothing changed but he got away with all of it and a peace prize.
I think they brought him in a bit like Victor the Cleaner in Nikita, or Mr Wolf in Pulp Fiction, get rid of the bodies, clean up the mess and do the talking.
Clinton would have done the same - wow, a lady President, let's clap while she bombs Iran.
I want to see who they come up with next, maybe Melania will run...



As for wind and solar power, it's getting better and will continue to.
Battery technology is improving.
It can be made to work, and where it falls short - is where we'll have to adapt.
Plus we don't have a choice.

Plus also, it's probably too late anyway, certainly very close to.
So if nothing changes just sit back and enjoy the show.
It's going to be entertaining as they keep trying to plaster over the widening cracks.


Sounds like you have it worked out Mockton. Enjoyed the picture of our future Mrs President. I think we are wading into shit like it's chocolate pudding. It's surprising how many of those in here even like to reach down and get a scoop for lunch occasionally. Just for dessert though, since they always carry their shit sandwich in a bag with them.

I think our greed is going to be our downfall. Right now a lot of people are behind our Fuhrer in Chief, even though he is a complete idiot. But amazing as it is, people like the pretty picture he is painting for our future. They like the idea of the Fuhrer standing up to the Evil U.N. and the IPCC and backing out of the Paris Climate Deal. To most people, that means a future economy that is bustling as our country is the only country in the world that still has almost limitless cheap energy. That means that we get to go on producing at the same cost as always, while the rest of the world has to increase the cost of their goods, due to the Carbon Tax.

Oh yeah, everybody is loving that picture. And that's because no one is talking about how the rest of the world is going to eventually react to that shit.

I think you are right, unless Melania can figure out what to do.


The Democrat Party was founded in 1854 as the party of segregation. The party of the Klu Klux Klan. Up until 1964 the KKK hung over 3,500 blacks and over 1,000 white Republicans. Until the Civil Rights Act of 1964 every civil rights law including the 13th and 14th Amendments were pasted not just with full Republican support but with every single Democrat voting against them or abstaining.

JFK Democrats were largely those of the Greatest Generation who fought along side of minorities in WW II and Korea. They were Democrats not because of the Democrat policies but because the Democrats brought in unions.

After JFK's assassination and Lyndon Johnson taking over, Congress passed the civil rights act of 1964. Because there were still many JFK Democrats in Congress the act passed - barely.

What was the vote? 60% Democrats and 80% Republican. After it passed Johnson was ecstatic and was heard to say, "Now we have the (n-word) vote for the next hundred years."

Defecation eating dogs like greenman either know nothing about history or are the same sort of segregationists as all Democrats have been. But he will be the very first one as you see above to call the Trump's names.

greenman is so stupid he hasn't even seen the extreme losses of the black community under Obama and other black leaders designed to make them beholden to the Democrats for table scraps. Or is it that he likes to see that?

litebrain who likes to depict himself as an American Indian doesn't know that the ABILITY to walk off of a reservation was put into law by Republicans which has ALWAYS been the party of the Constitution - where ALL men are created equal. He'll take his cheap shots at Trump because that's what all of his friends do and they do that because their union bosses tell them that Democrats are good and Republican are bad.

Moncton who is totally unaware of history and that women were given equality not by the unions or by the Democrats but by Republicans will carry on in extreme stupidity for the rest of it's life. Nothing more than a tool of the Democrat Party.


Well argued. The history you have presented is entirely accurate.


The Parrot Killer
14-11-2017 20:31
monckton
★☆☆☆☆
(63)
GreenMan wrote:
Sounds like you have it worked out Mockton. Enjoyed the picture of our future Mrs President. I think we are wading into shit like it's chocolate pudding ...


Have you heard of Dmitry Orlov, has a few books out, I first came across him about 10 years back or more. He speaks from the experience that Russia went through when the USSR collapsed. He has a number of interesting talks on youtube and elsewhere, this was a recent one ...

Dmitry Orlov: Trump, Russia and the Economy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkjRDP0BllM
Edited on 14-11-2017 20:32
14-11-2017 21:26
monckton
★☆☆☆☆
(63)
Wake wrote:
Moncton who is totally unaware of history and that women were given equality not by the unions or by the Democrats but by Republicans will carry on in extreme stupidity for the rest of it's life. Nothing more than a tool of the Democrat Party.


Look they're as bad as each other.
All I see is continuity this past 15 years, wasn't paying attention too much before that, but it looks like this current phase of bullshit goes back about 25 or so years to when the USSR collapsed and a certain mindset within the US decided that means "we win and now we rule the world."

Well, we've all heard that before and no they ****ing don't.

It's not about democrats or republicans.
You could bring in a brand new party tomorrow, and with nothing else changing the lobbyists would bribe them with campaign contributions and we'd be back to square one in no time.

The whole system is completely corrupt, the system is gamed, maybe it always was, but it seems like it's hitting a record high and this is a natural cycle.

Personally - I think they're looting everything they can before the shit hits the fan.

Exactly what that shit might be, there's a couple of possibilities, but the catastrophic impacts of climate change are not that far away and it won't be business as usual.

Absent that is Americas gradual decline, probably mainly due to said corruption - and China's imminent rise to parity with the US (due approx 2030), before if nature takes its course, replacing it.

Of course, people aren't too happy about that and in desparation - they might do anything, like loot the place.

I haven't listened to this yet, but there is a new book about the subject and they discuss it here.
Destined for War: Can America and China Escape Thucydides's Trap?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yghOc-lMIM
Edited on 14-11-2017 21:27
14-11-2017 22:58
Wake
★★★★★
(2586)
monckton wrote:
Wake wrote:
Moncton who is totally unaware of history and that women were given equality not by the unions or by the Democrats but by Republicans will carry on in extreme stupidity for the rest of it's life. Nothing more than a tool of the Democrat Party.


Look they're as bad as each other.
All I see is continuity this past 15 years, wasn't paying attention too much before that, but it looks like this current phase of bullshit goes back about 25 or so years to when the USSR collapsed and a certain mindset within the US decided that means "we win and now we rule the world."

Well, we've all heard that before and no they ****ing don't.

It's not about democrats or republicans.
You could bring in a brand new party tomorrow, and with nothing else changing the lobbyists would bribe them with campaign contributions and we'd be back to square one in no time.

The whole system is completely corrupt, the system is gamed, maybe it always was, but it seems like it's hitting a record high and this is a natural cycle.

Personally - I think they're looting everything they can before the shit hits the fan.

Exactly what that shit might be, there's a couple of possibilities, but the catastrophic impacts of climate change are not that far away and it won't be business as usual.

Absent that is Americas gradual decline, probably mainly due to said corruption - and China's imminent rise to parity with the US (due approx 2030), before if nature takes its course, replacing it.

Of course, people aren't too happy about that and in desparation - they might do anything, like loot the place.

I haven't listened to this yet, but there is a new book about the subject and they discuss it here.
Destined for War: Can America and China Escape Thucydides's Trap?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yghOc-lMIM


I had the idea that you were American until this posting. You aren't an American are you? You are self designated "intellectual" without any knowledge of the American people at all. You talk more as if you are English with the common man's disdain for Parliament and a heart aching for the royal family to resume control.

Americans are so strong that you will never understand them in a million years. They have NEVER tried to rule other countries. Even after WW II they returned Japan to the Japanese AFTER they formed their own Democratic government.

You are a walking, talking joke. There IS no climate change - at worst there's nothing more than a normal cyclic heating that occurs every thousand years and for which we have records dating all the way back to the Mycenaeans.

What I'm hearing is the voices of losers from you and greenman. People hoping against hope that the world will fall apart when they die.

Well, you're out of luck. It appears that the climate is actually cooling. Without the politicized environmentalism scientists are speaking out. They are saying everything from. "I kept quiet to keep my job" to "My papers were improperly presented to make them seem 180 degrees opposite to what they said."

We know have the ability to both measure the exact amount of heat that strikes the earth's surface but to measure the precise amount that is radiated to almost the last erg. ALL of the man-made climate change is being shown to be a complete fraud. And those papers that are not a fraud, that have been written by honest scientists are most often incorrectly applied because of counterfeited data from past True Believers and hoaxers.

And the best part of this is I get to see you entire loud-mouthed bunch of asses shown to be just what you are.
15-11-2017 01:55
monckton
★☆☆☆☆
(63)
Wake wrote:
I had the idea that you were American until this posting. You aren't an American are you? You are self designated "intellectual" without any knowledge of the American people at all...


Oh it's worse than that.
I'm anti-american.

Can't even stand the accent any more and as for that eugenics based Arian obsession with regimented teeth - take me home Satan.

The rest of your post is comical.

I'll put this up, it's wasted on you but others might be interested.
I've never seen such a solemn press conference.
There is only one person smiling - some intern playing with her phone not even paying attention.
Other than that, grim.

World has warmed 1.2 degree Celsius | WMO Full Press Conference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Os7MdwufHY
15-11-2017 02:10
Wake
★★★★★
(2586)
monckton wrote:
Wake wrote:
I had the idea that you were American until this posting. You aren't an American are you? You are self designated "intellectual" without any knowledge of the American people at all...


Oh it's worse than that.
I'm anti-american.

Can't even stand the accent any more and as for that eugenics based Arian obsession with regimented teeth - take me home Satan.

The rest of your post is comical.

I'll put this up, it's wasted on you but others might be interested.
I've never seen such a solemn press conference.
There is only one person smiling - some intern playing with her phone not even paying attention.
Other than that, grim.

World has warmed 1.2 degree Celsius | WMO Full Press Conference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Os7MdwufHY


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCy_UOjEir0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEaFzhoS67I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C35pasCr6KI&t=215s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Y9EZDdpUw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZlICdawHRA
15-11-2017 02:41
monckton
★☆☆☆☆
(63)
15-11-2017 02:45
Wake
★★★★★
(2586)
monckton wrote:


Showing your preferred government again?
15-11-2017 02:56
litesong
★★★★☆
(1861)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" wiffed: Showing your preferred government again?
Its name, "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" shows its preferred characteristics.
15-11-2017 03:07
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(791)
monckton wrote:
Wake wrote:
I had the idea that you were American until this posting. You aren't an American are you? You are self designated "intellectual" without any knowledge of the American people at all...


Oh it's worse than that.
I'm anti-american.

Can't even stand the accent any more and as for that eugenics based Arian obsession with regimented teeth - take me home Satan.

The rest of your post is comical.

I'll put this up, it's wasted on you but others might be interested.
I've never seen such a solemn press conference.
There is only one person smiling - some intern playing with her phone not even paying attention.
Other than that, grim.

World has warmed 1.2 degree Celsius | WMO Full Press Conference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Os7MdwufHY


So, I watched the dumb video.
Do you know ANYTHING about body language?
Watch the dude tell a huge whopper at ~16:25.
He scorns those who point out the 15 years of no warming "pause" because "it is too short of a time frame and serious mistakes cam be made".
Uuuhhhhhh, isn't he basically looking at 100 years? How old is the earth you Moron.
Page 1 of 212>





Join the debate US Off-Course, China Leads on Climate Change:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
COP21 - China can rule2907-02-2017 22:41
Here in China, anyone who talks about global warming will be labeled a liberal and arrested and locked up5124-12-2016 03:51
I present to you my Climate&Energy solutions and leads and quests I wrote/made over the past 2 years409-10-2015 22:01
China's Air pollution208-08-2014 04:35
China's climate change policy024-01-2013 01:36
Articles
Appendix C - China's Environmental Crisis
Appendix A - Tracing China's Climate Policy
Analysis - Explaining China's Climate Policy
The Dependent Variable - How Ambitious Is China's Climate Policy
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Will Arctic summers be ice-free in this century?

Yes

No

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2017 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact