Remember me
▼ Content

US faces fresh water shortages due to climate change, research says

US faces fresh water shortages due to climate change, research says05-03-2019 18:10
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/03/us-faces-fresh-water-shortages-due-to-climate-change-research-says/
05-03-2019 18:47
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
There really isn't a shortage, just over-use, and mismanagement, pollution. I've been getting fresh water sprinkle around this state, most of the day now. Here I thought winter was over, not even 60 F, and almost noon... Gets any colder, might put on a sweatshirt.

Actually, most storm water is diverted to rivers, and ocean bound, just more convenient. We tend to clear, and pave over a lot of land, so it never gets much of a chance to soak in. We change the grade of the land, so it drains off quickly, rather than let it have a chance to soak in. Plenty of fresh water, a renewable resource, we just prefer to waste it.
05-03-2019 20:05
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
This is nothing more than more fake news and sky-is-falling chicken little C-R-A-P.
05-03-2019 23:12
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
HarveyH55 wrote:
There really isn't a shortage, just over-use, and mismanagement, pollution. I've been getting fresh water sprinkle around this state, most of the day now. Here I thought winter was over, not even 60 F, and almost noon... Gets any colder, might put on a sweatshirt.

Actually, most storm water is diverted to rivers, and ocean bound, just more convenient. We tend to clear, and pave over a lot of land, so it never gets much of a chance to soak in. We change the grade of the land, so it drains off quickly, rather than let it have a chance to soak in. Plenty of fresh water, a renewable resource, we just prefer to waste it.

Actually, very little of the land is paved over. Gets expensive!

Overuse is the problem in many areas, or just simply unused (such as flowing down a river or creek on its way to the sea).

'Climate change' is not even defined. No one has yet successfully defined either 'global warming' or 'climate change'.

Places that have a limited supply of water usually get it from wells or aquifers. If these are overused, there is a water shortage. You can't just build more and more farms and expect to water them all from the same source.

Irrigating too many farms, and growing water intensive crops in water starved areas, is the problem. Growing rice in the desert is stupid, but it's done in California.

Water flowing down a river isn't wasted. It is actually used...several times....on it's way to the sea. City after city will get water from a river, treat it, and supply it to homes and businesses. Waste water is treated again before being returned to the river. The river itself purifies the water as it travels, and it's ready for the next town downstream to do the same thing.

At least in both Florida and Western Washington and Oregon there is plenty of water. We still have to use water saving toilets that don't flush properly because of federal law though.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
05-03-2019 23:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
Wake wrote:
This is nothing more than more fake news and sky-is-falling chicken little C-R-A-P.

Sure there is, Wake. There is living under fascism or communism.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate US faces fresh water shortages due to climate change, research says:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Actor Jamie Foxx is now blind and paralyzed due to the covid vaccine that he was forced to take1011-02-2024 01:28
The Lake Mead water level is still rising in August, when it is ALWAYS falling. So snow melt is not the 15516-09-2023 13:46
Fresh Donkey Meat623-08-2023 17:26
The retards at FOX news claim 74 year old rapist teacher faces 600 years behind bars004-08-2023 23:48
Scientists say Florida Keys coral reefs are already bleaching as water temperatures hit record highs1429-07-2023 20:14
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact