Remember me
▼ Content

UK talks big on Climate Change, but will they do it?

UK talks big on Climate Change, but will they do it?02-05-2019 20:14
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/uk-climate-panel-sets-big-goals-less-meat-drive-electric-1/945570169

Sounds like they are hijacking AOC's 'Green New Deal'... And they think they can do it by 2050, while the rest of the world is still business as usual, and occasionally discussing the topic, to placate the Climatologist. According to the hype, even if the whole country does achieve net-zero emissions (have to look up what exactly that means), it's not really going to change anything, they aren't a primary contributor.

The UK also wants people to cut back, or stop eating meat and dairy products, do to the expected shortage of vegetation and possible shortages. Beef cows competing for vegan foods... Funny thing, there was an Australian article this morning as well, that addresses the UK's food problem...
https://www.wftv.com/news/trending-now/scientist-humans-will-eat-maggots-locusts-for-protein/945377494
He world gone crazy, eating bugs instead of beef? Also seems to be trendy, specially for Vegans, to over process everything, just grind it all together, and make similated food items. May vaguely look like it, but there is no way it's going to resemble the real any other way. Maggots, good God, roadkill is disgusting, and you are going to eat, what they ate.
02-05-2019 22:35
dehammer
★★★☆☆
(480)
They want people to be vegan because they are easier to herd.
02-05-2019 22:39
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
dehammer wrote:
They want people to be vegan because they are easier to herd.

LOL. An interesting point!

Are they easier to herd because they are vegan or they vegan because they are easier to herd?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
02-05-2019 22:51
dehammer
★★★☆☆
(480)
Science has proven that people on a vegan diet are less likely to respond aggressively when faced with threats.
02-05-2019 23:55
(21582)
dehammer wrote:
Science has proven that people on a vegan diet are less likely to respond aggressively when faced with threats.

Science has no proofs. Science is an open functional system. Proofs only exist in closed functional systems.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-05-2019 00:04
dehammer
★★★☆☆
(480)
Spoken like a true religious zealot.
03-05-2019 01:46
(5196)
Seems like they already know, that by reducing CO2, and catch and storage of existing CO2, is going to reduce the food supply. They know that plants are going to struggle to yield enough to go around. Water, food, and shelter, are the three primary survival requirements. There have people trying for years to convince use we a running out of fresh water. Maybe clean fresh water, but consumable water will likely be available for quite some time. Might need a little processing, like boiling, adding chemicals, filtering. Even salt can be removed from ocean water. Shelter is fairly easy to find or construct, might not be Motel 6, but it'll do. The only thing left on the list is food. The apparent choice would be some sort of paste, where the grind up and blend together whatever is available, like mystery meat, only much worse. I remember an old movie called Soylent Green. Earth was over populate, food scares, real food rare and valuable. Soylent green came in several forms, but the same nutritional mix. People were dying of starvation, lots of them, some got a little help, but the bodies were collected, and recycled... Processed foods might be convenient, and an efficient use of resources (other than the single use containers for the landfill), but I'd really like to know what I'm eating. Just because there is an informational label on the package, doesn't make it so.

The Uk proposal talked about reducing overall energy use, but also plan to go full electric. I don't know, but think it gets mighty cold during the UK winters. With coal and gas, soon to be a capital offense for non-compliance, what are people going to depend on to heat their homes? I'm sure many already have fireplaces, and can burn wood, or most anything else. It's a great backup plan, even if you would normally heat your home another way. Electricity is probably worst choice for heat, specially if it gets cold, with long periods of snow. Like getting trapped in an icebox, when the power goes off. Lot of winter house fires related to electrical heating.

I'm actually grateful that the sheep of the UK are willing to step and be the first in line, and give this a try. Their goal is 2050, but of course, it will fail long before then. Most likely to violent protests, they aren't talking about raising the tea tax a few pennies. Going all electric by 2050 seems ambitious, unless they figure on buying electricity from another country. Since they plan to abandon the EU, which they fought so hard to form... Got a hunch their neighbors are going to do them any favors on the utility bill. Does it count, if some or most of that electricity is generated from gas or coal? Obviously solar isn't going to work for them, always a dark cloud hovering, and both solar and wind take up a lot of real estate, which they can't spare.
03-05-2019 03:35
(21582)
dehammer wrote:
Spoken like a true religious zealot.

Not a religious argument. Science is not a religion.

Non-sequitur fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

03-05-2019 03:49
dehammer
★★★☆☆
(480)
I agree Harvey, If they do manage to reduce co2, it will reduce our food supply.
03-05-2019 11:36
(5196)
Coal, oil, and gas are cheap, and common, and everybody uses and depends on that. Most countries know they can't afford to go to any of the alternative. Fossil fuels are provide naturally, just have to pull them out of the ground and use them. Everything else requires expensive equipment to produce just a fraction of the energy. Most governments aren't stable enough, to reduce energy use, and charge more for what little they can provide through alternatives. Most will talk about it, maybe promise to work on it, for some financial assistance, but actually getting it done... Won't actually happen, some will try, knowing they'll get financial support as they fail, disaster relief...

Join the debate UK talks big on Climate Change, but will they do it?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
How Big Oil Companies Tried To Hide Climate Change From the Public For Decades - THE BIG COVER-UP123-04-2023 08:28
UK Council for Poor Nations2920-04-2023 13:15
Methane big part of 'alarming' rise in planet-warming gases106-04-2023 21:46
The Next Big Money Evolution Will Be Printing International Money Via Human Intelligence013-08-2022 06:17
It Is Perfect Safe To Begin Make Some Big Changes In The World Financial System011-08-2022 07:31
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact