Remember me
▼ Content

Uh oh. More CO2 causes global cooling.

Uh oh. More CO2 causes global cooling.16-01-2016 19:59
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
The Sun beams UV, visible light, mid range IR at Earth. More CO2, more incoming mid range IR is blocked out. Earth's surface becomes cooler. By the Stefan Boltzmann law, Earth's surface's upward mid range IR is much less than before. More CO2 radiating mid range IR back to Earth's surface is negated by much weaker upward mid range IR from Earth's surface. No net change in the strength of the greenhouse effect. But Earth's surface is cooler to begin with. So more CO2 causes global cooling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1ynmXamzM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV5MFDH8bV4
Edited on 16-01-2016 20:10
16-01-2016 20:32
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
We haven't been feeling much difference because increase in human energy use generates lots of heat that counteracted man made global cooling. However, if human energy use levels off or decreases due to higher efficiency, then Earth will become cooler.
16-01-2016 21:58
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Sunlight is comprised of IR, UV, visible light. IR is most of sunlight's energy that reaches Earth's surface. So increasing CO2 results in big reduction in Earth's temperature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunlight
Edited on 16-01-2016 22:12
16-01-2016 21:59
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14401)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
We haven't been feeling much difference because increase in human energy use generates lots of heat that counteracted man made global cooling. However, if human energy use levels off or decreases due to higher efficiency, then Earth will become cooler.

No.

Earth's temperature is based on solar output, not atmospheric composition (presuming atmosphere of equal transparency and of the same mass/atmospheric pressure)

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Edited on 16-01-2016 21:59
16-01-2016 22:12
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
IBdaMann wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

No.

Earth's temperature is based on solar output, not atmospheric composition (presuming atmosphere of equal transparency and of the same mass/atmospheric pressure)

They'll just say CO2 caused ice age. Because CO2 causes climate change, not global warming.
16-01-2016 22:42
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14401)
Tai Hai Chen wrote: They'll just say CO2 caused ice age. Because CO2 causes climate change, not global warming.

I don't think so. I believe if you ask a proponent of "climate change" whether there is Global Warming that s/he will insist that there is, that Global Warming is driving the "climate change," that the earth is definitely not cooling right now, and that Global Warming dogma nonetheless foretells/prohecizes/predicts every record cold event that will ever happen.

S/he won't deny Global Warming. S/he will simply shift to "climate change" when convenient.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Edited on 16-01-2016 22:47

Join the debate Uh oh. More CO2 causes global cooling.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
CO2 Is Helping the Ozone Layer to Recover113-08-2022 05:54
Co2 ice samples1102-06-2022 22:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact