Remember me
▼ Content

Uh oh. More CO2 causes global cooling.


Uh oh. More CO2 causes global cooling.16-01-2016 19:59
Tai Hai Chen
★★★☆☆
(560)
The Sun beams UV, visible light, mid range IR at Earth. More CO2, more incoming mid range IR is blocked out. Earth's surface becomes cooler. By the Stefan Boltzmann law, Earth's surface's upward mid range IR is much less than before. More CO2 radiating mid range IR back to Earth's surface is negated by much weaker upward mid range IR from Earth's surface. No net change in the strength of the greenhouse effect. But Earth's surface is cooler to begin with. So more CO2 causes global cooling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1ynmXamzM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV5MFDH8bV4
Edited on 16-01-2016 20:10
16-01-2016 20:32
Tai Hai Chen
★★★☆☆
(560)
We haven't been feeling much difference because increase in human energy use generates lots of heat that counteracted man made global cooling. However, if human energy use levels off or decreases due to higher efficiency, then Earth will become cooler.
16-01-2016 21:58
Tai Hai Chen
★★★☆☆
(560)
Sunlight is comprised of IR, UV, visible light. IR is most of sunlight's energy that reaches Earth's surface. So increasing CO2 results in big reduction in Earth's temperature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunlight
Edited on 16-01-2016 22:12
16-01-2016 21:59
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
We haven't been feeling much difference because increase in human energy use generates lots of heat that counteracted man made global cooling. However, if human energy use levels off or decreases due to higher efficiency, then Earth will become cooler.


No.

Earth's temperature is based on solar output, not atmospheric composition (presuming atmosphere of equal transparency and of the same mass/atmospheric pressure)


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Edited on 16-01-2016 21:59
16-01-2016 22:12
Tai Hai Chen
★★★☆☆
(560)
IBdaMann wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
We haven't been feeling much difference because increase in human energy use generates lots of heat that counteracted man made global cooling. However, if human energy use levels off or decreases due to higher efficiency, then Earth will become cooler.


No.

Earth's temperature is based on solar output, not atmospheric composition (presuming atmosphere of equal transparency and of the same mass/atmospheric pressure)


.


They'll just say CO2 caused ice age. Because CO2 causes climate change, not global warming.
16-01-2016 22:42
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
Tai Hai Chen wrote: They'll just say CO2 caused ice age. Because CO2 causes climate change, not global warming.


I don't think so. I believe if you ask a proponent of "climate change" whether there is Global Warming that s/he will insist that there is, that Global Warming is driving the "climate change," that the earth is definitely not cooling right now, and that Global Warming dogma nonetheless foretells/prohecizes/predicts every record cold event that will ever happen.

S/he won't deny Global Warming. S/he will simply shift to "climate change" when convenient.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Edited on 16-01-2016 22:47




Join the debate Uh oh. More CO2 causes global cooling.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Do you think Marxists in America will gain power and rocket CO2 into space215-02-2019 04:42
10 years ago, Marxist Obama declared CO2 was a poison gas in EPA to bankrupt215-02-2019 04:37
Do air CO2 capture factories make more CO2 emission?215-02-2019 03:58
Do you think UN Marxists will order America to build 250,000 air CO2 catpure factories costing314-02-2019 22:14
So what if CO2 reaches 450 ppm which is CO2e 600 ppm? It's not like sea will rise.612-02-2019 01:20
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact