Remember me
▼ Content

This makes no sense...

This makes no sense...13-05-2019 21:23
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
https://www.courthousenews.com/thai-cave-rescuer-sues-elon-musk-over-pedo-guy-tweet/

Both men wrote some childish things on twitter, so why would this even make it into court? Obviously meaningless trash-talk, should it just be settled out by the bus stop, like normal kids?

Maybe I just don't understand the British, it's just words, not really worth raise a fuss over, but only $75,000? Either this guy has a very low opinion of his self worth, or "mentally challenged". That's nothing to a multi-billionaire, sort of like a mosquito bite. Guess it's sort of how the British insult rich people. Musk out to just send his lawyer over with a check, and some settlement papers, why waste anybodies time of childish nonsense... Musk could also give him a free Tesla (batteries not included, like most things these days), maybe hand some kid a can of spray paint and $20, to graffiti the passenger side door, with the words, 'Free Candy'. Just to let him know there are no hard feelings.

How much damage could a childish online exchange really do to a rescue diver's reputation? Do they not call him, if a rescue involves young boys? Can't there is much time in the water, to practice perversion during a rescue. Have to be one extremely sick individual. The conditions can't be good or safe, or the victim usually wouldn't need a professional. Water rescues are dangerous, the victim panics, they'll climb all over you, pushing you under.

I don't, maybe $75,000 in England, is a large fortune. I'm not a rich guy, but fairly certain I could raise that to pay a settlement, wouldn't be happy, but I'd still own my house, and everything else. But why insult a rich guy, who sincerely wanted to help? And why be so 'limp-wristed' when he slings a few insults back. The had a lot of kids, little time, one diver already died, and no plan. Maybe Musk's idea was obviously flawed, but you's think a professional rescue dude could have been a little more 'sensitive', considering how badly he got his feelings hurt over the pedophile comment...
15-05-2019 04:56
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.courthousenews.com/thai-cave-rescuer-sues-elon-musk-over-pedo-guy-tweet/

Both men wrote some childish things on twitter, so why would this even make it into court? Obviously meaningless trash-talk, should it just be settled out by the bus stop, like normal kids?

Maybe I just don't understand the British, it's just words, not really worth raise a fuss over, but only $75,000? Either this guy has a very low opinion of his self worth, or "mentally challenged". That's nothing to a multi-billionaire, sort of like a mosquito bite. Guess it's sort of how the British insult rich people. Musk out to just send his lawyer over with a check, and some settlement papers, why waste anybodies time of childish nonsense... Musk could also give him a free Tesla (batteries not included, like most things these days), maybe hand some kid a can of spray paint and $20, to graffiti the passenger side door, with the words, 'Free Candy'. Just to let him know there are no hard feelings.

How much damage could a childish online exchange really do to a rescue diver's reputation? Do they not call him, if a rescue involves young boys? Can't there is much time in the water, to practice perversion during a rescue. Have to be one extremely sick individual. The conditions can't be good or safe, or the victim usually wouldn't need a professional. Water rescues are dangerous, the victim panics, they'll climb all over you, pushing you under.

I don't, maybe $75,000 in England, is a large fortune. I'm not a rich guy, but fairly certain I could raise that to pay a settlement, wouldn't be happy, but I'd still own my house, and everything else. But why insult a rich guy, who sincerely wanted to help? And why be so 'limp-wristed' when he slings a few insults back. The had a lot of kids, little time, one diver already died, and no plan. Maybe Musk's idea was obviously flawed, but you's think a professional rescue dude could have been a little more 'sensitive', considering how badly he got his feelings hurt over the pedophile comment...

Musk said he married a 12 year old girl. The headline ignores the serious accusation that Elon made. Apparently to protect his public image. Once again we're back to details and not allowing ourselves to be lead mindlessly because of what we're told.
The following day, Musk responded to a BuzzFeed News article about comments made against Unsworth, and in an email to the reporter Musk wrote, "He's an old, single white guy from England who's been traveling or living in Thailand for 30 to 40 years, mostly Pattaya Beach, until moving to Chiang Rai for a child bride who was about 12 years old at the time."

This is like when Isn't and IBNot post something, don't respond? Then they must be right. This goes back to Elon saying why isn't he suing me if I'm not telling the truth? Those words alone will cause Elon to lose. He stated that his accusations were true because he wasn't being sued. That left the other individual only one course of action dictated by Elon Musk himself.
The lawsuit itself is proof that Elon slandered him. Elon Musk did make that a condition of his statement, is he being sued? No? Then the other individual is whatever Elon Musk says he is. With the 12 year old girl, I'd ask for £1 million just to make it interesting. Or even £22 Million for the number of followers that Elon Musk has on twitter. Then he could tweet, tweet like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcmvwFcfWmY
Edited on 15-05-2019 05:22
15-05-2019 11:27
(5197)
It was still two immature individuals, talking trash, it wasn't likely to be taken seriously, unless taken out of context. Damages? Anyone who knew, or worked with the rescue guy, would already know the truth, and know it was just trash talk, no harm done. The rest of the world, big deal, he was forgotten, until he filed the lawsuit, to start it all back up again. Both men were insulting each other, have to be an idiot to take any of it literally. Even if this goes to trial, and Elon loses, it'll change nothing, prove nothing, and really mostly a joke, a waste of time. Now, the 12 year old bride comment is probably untrue, they stop doing that decades ago in Thailand (yeah, it was a common practice), can the rescue guy prove, Elon wanting to help, was just a PR stunt, and not a sincere desire to help in a very dangerous a desperate situation? It was a miracle that only one man died, it could have gone much worse, very risky the way they pulled it off. I'm not saying Elon's idea was any good, his sub probably would have gotten stuck in the cave, and screwed things up worse. No one went into the cave, to make actual measurements. Basically, if you start throwing out insults, you ought to expected to get a few thrown back. Both are equally guilty, I doubt the courts will view it any other way. A reasonable judge would rule against the plaintiff, mustly for wasting the court's time, on such a childish claim. He also doesn't consider that Elon is going to pull a lawyer out of the phonebook, he has a team on hand, all very good at their jobs, and will want to keep them. They aren't going to just make a reasonable effort, they are going to look to do some damage, make the boss proud.
15-05-2019 22:26
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
A reasonable judge would rule against the plaintiff, mustly for wasting the court's time, on such a childish claim. He also doesn't consider that Elon is going to pull a lawyer out of the phonebook, he has a team on hand, all very good at their jobs, and will want to keep them. They aren't going to just make a reasonable effort, they are going to look to do some damage, make the boss proud.

Is this the boss they want to make proud?
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/07/tesla-sinks-8percent-after-bizarre-musk-podcast-appearance-cao-exit.html

if image doesn't load.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/kTbRBRemfvjL77Av7
Attached image:

16-05-2019 05:16
(5197)
Most people who have a job, with a generous salary, want to keep that job. There are also a lot of folks who would like to take your job away. You've got to prove you are worth your keep, every chance you get. Still, I'm doubtful this will go far in court. It's within Dive dave's right to sue, does means he has a case though. What efforts did he make, to resolve the issue (hurt feelings), before resorting to the courts? Make any request for Elon to correct the pedo allegations? Does he have any proof that he was actually damaged, other than his feelings? Did Elon expect to profit from damaging his reputation in anyway? It's highly doubtful this case will amount to anything, but then again, if a woman can spill hot coffee all over herself in a McDonalds drive through, and win $1.2 million in damages, because the hot coffee, was too hot...
16-05-2019 05:58
Tideman
☆☆☆☆☆
(6)
What does this subject have to do with Climate?
16-05-2019 07:04
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
Tideman wrote:

Nothing. It just happened to show up here. Big deal.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-05-2019 11:09
(5197)
Tideman wrote:

Climate Change caused these caves in Thailand to flood, while a soccer team were in there, and they got trapped. A lot more rain was coming, difficult and dangerous rescue, little time. One rescue diver died, and there was no safe plan for getting those kids out of the cave, before the water got too high, and they drowned anyway. Elon Musk had an idea for sort of a submarine, which probably wouldn't have worked, made things work. A british diver, had the silly idea of publicly (TV, Twitter) throwing out a few insults, but wasn't man enough to take the results.
16-05-2019 16:54
(21597)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tideman wrote:

Climate Change caused these caves in Thailand to flood, while a soccer team were in there, and they got trapped. A lot more rain was coming, difficult and dangerous rescue, little time. One rescue diver died, and there was no safe plan for getting those kids out of the cave, before the water got too high, and they drowned anyway. Elon Musk had an idea for sort of a submarine, which probably wouldn't have worked, made things work. A british diver, had the silly idea of publicly (TV, Twitter) throwing out a few insults, but wasn't man enough to take the results.

Rain caused the caves to flood. Rain is not 'climate change'.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-05-2019 21:44
(5197)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tideman wrote:

Figured I needed to add that, to get it on topic... Those caves likely flood every year during the monsoons, just the coach didn't keep up on such things...
17-05-2019 00:41
(21597)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tideman wrote:

Figured I needed to add that, to get it on topic... Those caves likely flood every year during the monsoons, just the coach didn't keep up on such things...

Understood. I figured that you added that specifically for that reason. I mentioned it because you weren't specific about adding that. Personally, I dislike topic cops. They rank right up there with grammar cops and spelling cops.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 17-05-2019 00:43
17-05-2019 13:41
paramount99
☆☆☆☆☆
(39)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tideman wrote:

During the middle ages following the climate change from 1203AD 100,000s were killed/drowned in northern Germanic lands and southern Scandinavian lands as inundation wrought havoc amongst the lowlands in those and many other areas including parts of eastern UK... Many islands or islets at the centre of those European catastrophe epicentres disappeared from sight, never to be seen again. Stuff happens - like weather and climate - and you either adapt (as our brave and heroic ancestors clearly did) or die off... It's life called life on planet Earth! And certainly not man-made outside 0.2% over the last 150-200 years...
17-05-2019 13:46
paramount99
☆☆☆☆☆
(39)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tideman wrote:

Quite right indeed! It is amazing what the global fear brigade will pull out to try to justify their so called environmental fears - like regular natural flooding or events! I do believe that all this agenda riven GW fear-mongering will end up with youngsters at least being afraid to walk out the front door in a few years time... social media has already buggered then up - and now this crazy saudo science hotchpot loopy lefty liberal madness...

Join the debate This makes no sense...:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
I don't believe CO2 makes air hotter because I don't see any experimental proof509-10-2019 03:15
What makes you think CO2 increases temperature?508-10-2019 19:13
There is no evidence water vapor makes things hotter018-09-2019 21:34
President Trump makes a personal sacrifice, for the country...211-07-2019 17:29
What makes IPCC scientists sure warmer air hundreds of millions of years ago due to7106-06-2019 23:39
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact