Remember me
▼ Content

The End of the World

The End of the World23-09-2017 23:42
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
With the nutcakes predicting the end of the world on September 23 when a large asteriod/mini-planet strikes the Earth I surprised that the True Believers and Nightmare aren't swapping "science" to prove or disprove it.

Nightmare recently gave us another of his own definitions of "light" - any radiation according to him is light. Light isn't the actual definition of being in the normal light bands of between 4 x 10^14 and 8 x 10^14 Hz as any scientist could tell you. Rather it is anything at all including the warmth of his butt on the seat cushion of his computer chair.

I wonder if he actually drools as he writes this stuff?
Edited on 23-09-2017 23:46
24-09-2017 07:40
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
We're 'sposed ta be dead taday? Anybody predict extinction tamorow?
24-09-2017 08:15
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofed:... drools as he writes this stuff?

"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" determines all opportunities are appropriate to drool....as proven by one of its names, "slimy".
24-09-2017 09:03
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
Wake wrote:
With the nutcakes predicting the end of the world on September 23 when a large asteriod/mini-planet strikes the Earth I surprised that the True Believers and Nightmare aren't swapping "science" to prove or disprove it.

Nightmare recently gave us another of his own definitions of "light" - any radiation according to him is light. Light isn't the actual definition of being in the normal light bands of between 4 x 10^14 and 8 x 10^14 Hz as any scientist could tell you. Rather it is anything at all including the warmth of his butt on the seat cushion of his computer chair.

That prophecy is funny. Looks like people would realize that if a planet was really heading our way, that someone would have seen it by now. But you can't fix stupid.

Which reminds me of why I bothered to respond to this ridiculous post.

Parrot Killer is actually right about any radiation is light, though on another thread he said radiance was heat. So I'm sure he has some "issues," but he is right about radiation being light. It is, whether you can see it or not, it is still considered light. What you are talking about is "visible light." If it weren't for invisible light, we wouldn't even need that term.

You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?

~*~ GreenMan ~*~

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/leftbehind/index.php
24-09-2017 20:27
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Wake wrote:

Light is electromagnetic energy, dude. It is nothing but electromagnetic energy. Frequency does not matter.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-09-2017 20:36
(21582)
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:

That prophecy is funny. Looks like people would realize that if a planet was really heading our way, that someone would have seen it by now. But you can't fix stupid.

Parrot Killer is actually right about any radiation is light, though on another thread he said radiance was heat.

It is both.

Light is electromagnetic energy. How hot something is is thermal energy. Electromagnetic energy is not thermal energy. Heat is neither electromagnetic energy nor thermal energy. It is the TRANSFER of thermal energy. One of the ways you can transfer thermal energy is by light (heating by radiance).

Radiation is not light. RADIANCE is light. RADIATION may be anything that radiates away from a point source, such as high speed neutrons, electrons, photons (light), etc. It does not necessarily mean light.

GreenMan wrote:
So I'm sure he has some "issues," but he is right about radiation being light. It is, whether you can see it or not, it is still considered light. What you are talking about is "visible light." If it weren't for invisible light, we wouldn't even need that term.

Neither are you, but at least in this case your basic argument about light is correct, even though the terminology is wrong.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-09-2017 20:38
(21582)
Wake wrote:

Did the world end? Did I miss something?

Hello? Is anyone still here? I need to tell the people walking around here the planet they are walking on no longer exists!

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 24-09-2017 20:40
25-09-2017 01:58
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofed:... the planet they are walking on no longer exists!

The Borg, led by Patrick Stewart, finally showed up....
25-09-2017 16:46
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:

Parrot Killer is actually right about any radiation is light, though on another thread he said radiance was heat. So I'm sure he has some "issues," but he is right about radiation being light. It is, whether you can see it or not, it is still considered light. What you are talking about is "visible light." If it weren't for invisible light, we wouldn't even need that term.

Radiated energy is not "light" which is a limited bandwidth of radiated energy. Or a subset of energy if you will. It can be referred to as "heat" since that is the source of all energy. But it is normally referred to by the frequencies that it covers. Maybe you'd call AM radio frequencies "heat" but I wouldn't.
25-09-2017 19:55
(21582)
Wake wrote:
Radiated energy is not "light" which is a limited bandwidth of radiated energy. Or a subset of energy if you will. It can be referred to as "heat" since that is the source of all energy. But it is normally referred to by the frequencies that it covers. Maybe you'd call AM radio frequencies "heat" but I wouldn't.

The AM radio frequencies are heat just like any other frequency of light.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate The End of the World:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Jimmy Hoffa's body may be located which will mean the end of World Hunger and climate change both001-11-2023 20:25
Only New Central Bank Type Appear Can End Global Currency War325-07-2023 22:50
The Ukraine War Will End Immediately If The USA Receive The Benefits They Looking For015-07-2023 09:03
Make A Donation If You Want To Have A Hint Of How The Current World Conflicts End113-07-2023 20:47
The Best Public Way To End The COVID Pandemic Is Using Climate Change Reason625-04-2023 19:50
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact