▼ Content

The Emissivity of the Earth

Page 2 of 2<12
16-02-2018 22:45
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Wake and ITN,
The 2 of you make a nice couple. litesong doesn't like me either.

Got a good one for the 2 of you. Do you know that Native American women are the only demographic in which nothing is known ?

The tribes maintain their own statistics on this information (if they maintain them at all).
James___ wrote:
If a Native American woman disappears or is missing, it won't be known.
Yes it will.
James___ wrote:
Just watched Wind River. It's based on a true story about what some Native American woman have to suffer because they're not Native American men.

It's Hollywood bullshit. You really should try to learn about the world some other way than using the movies.
James___ wrote:
As far as climate change goes, I know what I want to see pursued and am working towards that.
...deleted Mantra 8...Holy Link...

Haven't seen anything yet. You keep talking about this vague 'experiment' you are going to perform, when you can't even describe it's purpose or what theory's null hypothesis is being tested.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-02-2018 22:47
(21582)
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
Wake and ITN,
The 2 of you make a nice couple. litesong doesn't like me either.

Got a good one for the 2 of you. Do you know that Native American women are the only demographic in which nothing is known ? If a Native American woman disappears or is missing, it won't be known. Just watched Wind River. It's based on a true story about what some Native American woman have to suffer because they're not Native American men.
As far as climate change goes, I know what I want to see pursued and am working towards that. As far as you 2 go, all you have are words that have no meaning. a double fallacy inversion ? Maybe.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5362988/

James - don't tell me that. Indian women were thought of as nothing more than property by most tribes. Selling them or giving them away as gifts to befriend other tribes was normal and commonplace.

WRONG. They are honored members of a tribe. They are not slaves.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-02-2018 03:48
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
[b]James___ wrote: litesong,
Recent warming of the Greenland Sea Deep Water....1950 to 2010 in the abyssal Greenland Sea.....which is an ocean area located just to the south of the Arctic Ocean.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/09/130925102833.htm

Nature. 2003 Jan 16;421(6920):252-6.
Discovery of abundant hydrothermal venting on the ultraslow-spreading Gakkel ridge in the Arctic Ocean.
and
Abstract
Submarine hydrothermal venting along mid-ocean ridges is an important contributor to ridge thermal structure....

///////
litesong wrote:
Other, more recent studies indicate that much hydrothermal venting probably comes from post recent ice age glacial melt submarine land rebound. Undersea land that had been driven below sea level by increasing ice age ice, to cold depths are now rising, warming & releasing methane & other GHGs products.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/02/180206105852.htm
Tho post ice-age rebound slowed in these latter thousands of years, recent AGW ocean warming are now showing increases of GHG releases.
//////
Also, excess AGW warmed oceans & seas, are able to cause increases in submarine landslides, which release extra GHGs from the oceans & seas.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/02/180213120421.htm

Yes, these studies are recent, not like your 4-5 year old studies that have NOT gained large scientific traction.
Edited on 17-02-2018 03:54
17-02-2018 20:00
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
litesong wrote:
[b]James___ wrote: litesong,
Recent warming of the Greenland Sea Deep Water....1950 to 2010 in the abyssal Greenland Sea.....which is an ocean area located just to the south of the Arctic Ocean.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/09/130925102833.htm

Nature. 2003 Jan 16;421(6920):252-6.
Discovery of abundant hydrothermal venting on the ultraslow-spreading Gakkel ridge in the Arctic Ocean.
and
Abstract
Submarine hydrothermal venting along mid-ocean ridges is an important contributor to ridge thermal structure....

///////
litesong wrote:
Other, more recent studies indicate that much hydrothermal venting probably comes from post recent ice age glacial melt submarine land rebound. Undersea land that had been driven below sea level by increasing ice age ice, to cold depths are now rising, warming & releasing methane & other GHGs products.
Tho post ice-age rebound slowed in these latter thousands of years, recent AGW ocean warming are now showing increases of GHG releases.
//////
Also, excess AGW warmed oceans & seas, are able to cause increases in submarine landslides, which release extra GHGs from the oceans & seas.

Yes, these studies are recent, not like your 4-5 year old studies that have NOT gained large scientific traction.

litesong,
Have you considered those 4-5 year old studies might have lead to this study ?
They had to have a reason for pursuing research of this type to request a grant to pay for it.
Since most of us live in the U.S., watch as the years go by, watch for more arctic cold in the U.S. And while Russia might be the enemy it would be the same there while Great Britain has milder winters. And this requires little increase in the annual global temperature because warm and cold are exchanging places. A change of 0.5° F. or 0.27° C. could allow for a slight increase of such weather phenomena. And as 2 people keep mentioning, a slight increase in weather events can be dismissed.
An example of this is 2 severe Cat 5 hurricanes in 2017, 1 of only 6 years to have 2 or more and they were both devastating. If it takes another 5 to 10 years to have such weather repeated it wold show a slow escalation in such events.
Edited on 17-02-2018 20:08
18-02-2018 05:03
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
[b]James___ wrote:more recent studies indicate that much hydrothermal venting probably comes from post recent ice age glacial melt submarine land rebound. Undersea land that had been driven below sea level by increasing ice age ice, to cold depths are now rising, warming & releasing methane & other GHGs products.
//////

litesong,
[/quote] james works hard to get little bits of thread to cover its theory & make james superior to centuries of scientists. Ya gonna haveta find more thread, tho. Meanwhile, AGW science throws huge blankets & science papers, piled on each other, showing the Earth, in excellent agreement with excess AGW warming.
18-02-2018 21:37
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
litesong wrote:
[b]James___ wrote:more recent studies indicate that much hydrothermal venting probably comes from post recent ice age glacial melt submarine land rebound. Undersea land that had been driven below sea level by increasing ice age ice, to cold depths are now rising, warming & releasing methane & other GHGs products.
//////

litesong,
james works hard to get little bits of thread to cover its theory & make james superior to centuries of scientists. Ya gonna haveta find more thread, tho. Meanwhile, AGW science throws huge blankets & science papers, piled on each other, showing the Earth, in excellent agreement with excess AGW warming.[/quote]

19-02-2018 00:31
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
litesong wrote:
//////

litesong,
james works hard to get little bits of thread to cover its theory & make james superior to centuries of scientists. Ya gonna haveta find more thread, tho. Meanwhile, AGW science throws huge blankets & science papers, piled on each other, showing the Earth, in excellent agreement with excess AGW warming.

[/quote]

James - somehow you're screwing up the quoting mechanism. I suggest for a couple of entries you use "Preview Reply" to see if everything is showing the way you want it to.
19-02-2018 12:44
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' stutterin' stutterin' filthy vile reprobate rootin'(& rottin') pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time(plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" wiffed:James - somehow you're screwing up the quoting mechanism. I suggest for a couple of entries you use "Preview Reply" to see if everything is showing the way you want it to.
james would have wanted to say what I stated, but didn't.
Edited on 19-02-2018 12:48
19-02-2018 17:41
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Wake wrote:

wake,
it is showing the way I want it to. do you now what I like about Americans ?
They do not understand their own language. I think that's funny but it seems that things only mean what they want them to when they do not know how to properly express their thoughts with the written word.

James - somehow you're screwing up the quoting mechanism. I suggest for a couple of entries you use "Preview Reply" to see if everything is showing the way you want it to.[/quote]

@litesong,
You are illustrating a problem that is more pronounced with individuals such as wake and ITN. It is that an individual's ego needs to be satisfied before a discussion can take place.
a simple example of this is wake's saying;
Wake wrote:James - somehow you're screwing up the quoting mechanism. I suggest for a couple of entries you use "Preview Reply" to see if everything is showing the way you want it to.

He needs to be seen as educating myself in how to perform a simple task. This would be his way of claiming that I lack any ability to comprehend more complex thoughts while he is benevolent towards individuals not as intelligent as himself.

p.s., I edited this, if you read through this you will see where I posted a reply to wake about my "screwing up the quoting mechanism".
It is showing as if wake wrote it.
Edited on 19-02-2018 17:49
19-02-2018 17:58
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote: wake,
They do not understand their own language. I think that's funny but it seems that things only mean what they want them to when they do not know how to properly express their thoughts with the written word.

James - somehow you're screwing up the quoting mechanism. I suggest for a couple of entries you use "Preview Reply" to see if everything is showing the way you want it to.

He needs to be seen as educating myself in how to perform a simple task. This would be his way of claiming that I lack any ability to comprehend more complex thoughts while he is benevolent towards individuals not as intelligent as himself.

p.s., I edited this, if you read through this you will see where I posted a reply to wake about my "screwing up the quoting mechanism".

Really James, your medications are really making you bipolar. Talk to your doctor because you are making less and less sense. Your delusional belief that someone is trying to look superior to you in any manner is growing worse by the posting.

Showing as if I wrote some of the insane nonsense that came from litebrain is pretty stupid. So you not realize that you're actually holding conversations with litebrain?
Edited on 19-02-2018 18:00
19-02-2018 18:39
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote: wake,

Really James, your medications are really making you bipolar. Talk to your doctor because you are making less and less sense. Your delusional belief that someone is trying to look superior to you in any manner is growing worse by the posting.

Showing as if I wrote some of the insane nonsense that came from litebrain is pretty stupid. So you not realize that you're actually holding conversations with litebrain?

Wake,
Wake wrote:So you not realize

That makes absolutely no sense what so ever. I think that sums up this forum pretty well.
19-02-2018 20:05
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
So you not realize that you're actually holding conversations with litebrain?

Wake,

That makes absolutely no sense what so ever. I think that sums up this forum pretty well.
19-02-2018 20:06
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake,

And now you're incapable of recognizing a typo.
19-02-2018 21:07
(21582)
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake,

Actually, he DOES. He's just making a meal out of it in an effort to trivialize your complaint about his bad quoting technique (which actually does make a post hard to read).

Usually when I find bad quoting, I either correct it or remove the entire tangled mess in my response.

The Parrot Killer

20-02-2018 14:52
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake,

Actually, he DOES. He's just making a meal out of it in an effort to trivialize your complaint about his bad quoting technique (which actually does make a post hard to read).

Usually when I find bad quoting, I either correct it or remove the entire tangled mess in my response.

ITN,
It's you and wake having another discussion. I think it's sweet that the 2 of you found someone. And to think they said love is dead.
20-02-2018 16:33
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake,

ITN,
It's you and wake having another discussion. I think it's sweet that the 2 of you found someone. And to think they said love is dead.

We've also noticed that you and litebrain have a mutual admiration society.
20-02-2018 18:35
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake,

ITN,

Not really. I'm just agreeing with him that you need to pay better attention to your quoting. It makes posts hard to read. Fix it, dude.

The Parrot Killer

22-02-2018 18:08
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
litesong wrote:
[b]James___ wrote: It's you and wake...sweet that the 2 of you found someone. And to think they said love is dead.
What "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rootin'(& rottin') racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiners & many time(plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" & "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rootin'(& rottin') racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" display can NEVER have anything to do with love.

litesong,
This you should already know.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/01/us/seattle-portland-heat-wave.html

And this was in Europe.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/06/world/europe/europe-heat-wave.html

For this, the reason might be found in astrophysics. If so then that would show that our environment is quite complex.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/warmer-lower-oxygen-oceans-drive-marine-species-toward-the-poles/

If this image is correct then equatorial warming could have been responsible for both heat waves. And with the currents flowing south down the Labrador Current, not as cold as they used to be.
The thermohaline circulation would control the flow of warm waters moving north. This is because it moves water all at the same time around the world. It's one system.
Attached image:

Edited on 22-02-2018 18:19
22-02-2018 19:34
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
It sure must be horrible trying to prove something is wrong when it isn't.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2018/02/21/arctic-sea-ice-extent-at-its-lowest-for-at-least-1500-years-debunked-by-three-scientific-papers/
22-02-2018 20:02
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Wake wrote:

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2018/02/21/arctic-sea-ice-extent-at-its-lowest-for-at-least-1500-years-debunked-by-three-scientific-papers/

Wake,
Did you know that the Chukchi Sea was where the land bridge that connected Alaska to Russia was ? During the last Ice Age it wasn't covered by a glacier like most of the northern hemisphere was. So I know this one area is not representative of the entire Arctic Ocean. Warm water flowing north from the Pacific Ocean would've been flowing into it after the last ice age ended.

Dr. Qinghua Ding and colleagues wrote: The study region, the Chukchi Sea, was deemed representative of most of the Arctic,

Since Dr. Qinghua is with the University of Washington's geology Dept., there is also this from the University of Washington;
Adrian Raftery, a UW professor wrote:
The new, statistically-based projections, published July 31 in Nature Climate Change, show a 90 percent chance that temperatures will increase this century by 2.0 to 4.9 C.

http://www.washington.edu/news/2017/07/31/earth-likely-to-warm-more-than-2-degrees-this-century/

The Chukchi Sea is the in the circled area where the island is and going south towards the Pacific (to the left).
Attached image:

Edited on 22-02-2018 20:10
22-02-2018 20:29
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake,
Did you know that the Chukchi Sea was where the land bridge that connected Alaska to Russia was ? During the last Ice Age it wasn't covered by a glacier like most of the northern hemisphere was. So I know this one area is not representative of the entire Arctic Ocean. Warm water flowing north from the Pacific Ocean would've been flowing into it after the last ice age ended.

Dr. Qinghua Ding and colleagues wrote: The study region, the Chukchi Sea, was deemed representative of most of the Arctic,

Since Dr. Qinghua is with the University of Washington's geology Dept., there is also this from the University of Washington;
The new, statistically-based projections, published July 31 in Nature Climate Change, show a 90 percent chance that temperatures will increase this century by 2.0 to 4.9 C.

http://www.washington.edu/news/2017/07/31/earth-likely-to-warm-more-than-2-degrees-this-century/

The Chukchi Sea is the in the circled area where the island is and going south towards the Pacific (to the left).

James, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Perhaps you should look up when the last real Ice Age occurred.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/02/20/delingpole-noaa-caught-adjusting-big-freeze-out-of-existence/
Edited on 22-02-2018 20:33
22-02-2018 22:06
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake,

Dr. Ding has made a compositional error in logic.
James___ wrote:

Mr. Raftery has made a math error (well, actually simply believed the results from another that actually made the error). Such a blatant one for a professor of statistics that he has demonstrated he doesn't not understand the math he teaches.

I suspect he's another liberal propagandist in our education system.

It is not possible to determine the temperature of the Earth. STATISTICAL MATH says why.

He also made his OWN math error in assuming that statistical math has the power of prediction. It doesn't. He did it AGAIN when he failed to provide a margin of error calculation.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 22-02-2018 22:08
22-02-2018 22:14
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
And another statement from the man who cannot explain what statistical mathematics is telling us that a professor of statistics doesn't know what he's talking about. Why am I not surprised. He hasn't even read the paper and he knows it's wrong.
23-02-2018 01:10
(21582)
Wake wrote:
And another statement from the man who cannot explain what statistical mathematics is telling us that a professor of statistics doesn't know what he's talking about. Why am I not surprised. He hasn't even read the paper and he knows it's wrong.

You don't know statistical math either. You deny it.

Let's begin with the first question:

How many official thermometers are in the world?

The Parrot Killer

23-02-2018 16:46
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake,

James, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Perhaps you should look up when the last real Ice Age occurred.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/02/20/delingpole-noaa-caught-adjusting-big-freeze-out-of-existence/

Wake,
Why don't you just admit what a serious mistake it was referring to research that used an area of the Arctic Ocean that was glacier free during the last ice age ? What would make anyone think that since the ice age ended why it would suddenly become like the rest of the Arctic Ocean ? This part was not explained.
You need to vett" your sources of information to ensure that treatise not flawed.
23-02-2018 17:09
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Again and again you prove just how stupid you are. I quoted a paper above that explained how you measure MGT and you were incapable of understanding it. So please don't pretend that somehow you have even a clue what anyone is talking about if they don't use the word "munch".
23-02-2018 18:27
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Again and again you prove just how stupid you are. I quoted a paper above that explained how you measure MGT and you were incapable of understanding it. So please don't pretend that somehow you have even a clue what anyone is talking about if they don't use the word "munch".

Deflecting, I like that. Now the 2 of you wish to take my thread off topic. Kind of reminds me of when I was in junior highschool.
You guys never found it strange that during an ice age that went lower than the 49th parallel that there was a glacier free area near the Arctic Ocean ?

Y'all`all might find this interesting ;
https://atmos.washington.edu/~dennis/OCC_Final_961216.html

Am on small phone, copy and paste URL. Sorry
Edited on 23-02-2018 19:01
23-02-2018 19:17
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake,

Wake,
Why don't you just admit what a serious mistake it was referring to research that used an area of the Arctic Ocean that was glacier free during the last ice age ? What would make anyone think that since the ice age ended why it would suddenly become like the rest of the Arctic Ocean ? This part was not explained.
You need to vett" your sources of information to ensure that treatise not flawed.

James - again, you are making no sense. If the last true Ice Age was a million and a half years ago, why are you speaking of land bridges etc. which are due to low sea levels as the oceans were evaporated to rain down on world wide "snowball Earth" scenarios a million years before the numbers presented?

Really, I am concerned about what is happening to you. You appear to be making less and less sense. Is your medication bothering you?
23-02-2018 20:38
(21582)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Again and again you prove just how stupid you are. I quoted a paper above that explained how you measure MGT and you were incapable of understanding it....deleted Mantras 2...1...

You quoted no such paper, liar. Even if you did, a paper does not change the math.

Quit evading the question.

The Parrot Killer

23-02-2018 20:41
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Deflecting, I like that. Now the 2 of you wish to take my thread off topic. Kind of reminds me of when I was in junior highschool.
You guys never found it strange that during an ice age that went lower than the 49th parallel that there was a glacier free area near the Arctic Ocean ?

Y'all`all might find this interesting ;
https://atmos.washington.edu/~dennis/OCC_Final_961216.html

Am on small phone, copy and paste URL. Sorry

I don't find it strange at all.

Glaciers form on land. Ice in the ocean forms under different circumstances and under different temperatures.

The Parrot Killer

23-02-2018 23:26
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake,

Wake,

James - again, you are making no sense. If the last true Ice Age was a million and a half years ago, why are you speaking of land bridges etc. which are due to low sea levels as the oceans were evaporated to rain down on world wide "snowball Earth" scenarios a million years before the numbers presented?

Really, I am concerned about what is happening to you. You appear to be making less and less sense. Is your medication bothering you?

Sadly Wake I think it's posting with you. You can't discuss what you don't know. With ITN, he likes feasting on Red Herrings. This simply means that he enjoys trying to be a distraction.
I think everyone has noticed that now you are saying the last true ice age of over 1,000,000 years ago and not the recent one which peaked 20,000 years ago.
And all this because you referenced research that's basis was questionable to say the least. Anyway, you and ITN can enjoy posting with each other.
23-02-2018 23:46
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
Sadly Wake I think it's posting with you. You can't discuss what you don't know. With ITN, he likes feasting on Red Herrings. This simply means that he enjoys trying to be a distraction.
I think everyone has noticed that now you are saying the last true ice age of over 1,000,000 years ago and not the recent one which peaked 20,000 years ago.
And all this because you referenced research that's basis was questionable to say the least. Anyway, you and ITN can enjoy posting with each other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beringia

This shows that the straits opened circa 11,000 years ago. Now Wikipedia is NOT an authority but they try to be and usually you can find most of the information on a subject for which they have an entry there.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0277379113004162?np=y

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/paper-finds-arctic-sea-ice-extent-8000.html

The question is: why are you making some sort of climate ultimatum out of things that have always occurred in a normal manner?

For someone that is so close to meeting God you certainly don't appear to have any faith that he knows what he is doing.
24-02-2018 06:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beringia

This shows that the straits opened circa 11,000 years ago. Now Wikipedia is NOT an authority but they try to be and usually you can find most of the information on a subject for which they have an entry there.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0277379113004162?np=y

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/paper-finds-arctic-sea-ice-extent-8000.html

The question is: why are you making some sort of climate ultimatum out of things that have always occurred in a normal manner?

For someone that is so close to meeting God you certainly don't appear to have any faith that he knows what he is doing.

Wake,
I'm not giving an ultimatum. You and ITN keep deflecting when you can't keep up. If you knew the reason why climate change is debated, it's relating what I've been posting to what is happening today. That's what it's all about.
24-02-2018 18:42
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
This is interesting. This web page (where the attached image came from) shows what they believe to have been the sea ice extent. This is intersting because Antarctica would have warmed slightly.

Australian Antarctic Division wrote:
The average annual temperature ranges from about −10°C on the Antarctic coast to −60°C at the highest parts of the interior. Near the coast the temperature can exceed +10°C at times in summer and fall to below −40°C in winter.

Needless to say, even today an increase of 5 - 10° C. might not be noticed except for along the coast. What needs to be remembered is that the hole in the ozone layer above Antarctica has caused warming along one side of Antarctica. Otherwise all temperatures might be below freezing.
And if anyone has missed what was unique about the last ice age was that in the northern hemisphere it was centered over Baffin Bay. And since the earth's axial tilt is 22.4° this aligns with the northern most part of Baffin Bay.
Myself, I think one day when the North American and Eurasian plates stop lifting in that area that geologic activity might slow. If so then the heat being released into the Arctic Ocean would start decreasing over time. And when the Arctic starts cooling again then a slow march toward an ice age will most likely have started.
I think though that the ozone layer might be able to influence this. There is no geological record of the ozone layer for obvious reasons, it's in the stratosphere.
The information put out by NASA, the EPA, the IPCC, etc. all show that warming slowed when ozone depletion slowed. Both reports came out in 2013.
What might be possible is that manipulating the ozone layer and the amount of heat that we dump into our atmosphere might allow us to control glaciation in the arctic. If so then we might be able to control the weather, literally.
If that is possible then most people in their day to day lives would not be affected by this, they would remain oblivious to it.

http://www.scotese.com/lastice.htm

p.s., as for the sea ice extent, a cooler Arctic as well as an orbit a little further away from the Sun could allow for a lower average global temperature.
Attached image:

Edited on 24-02-2018 18:45
24-02-2018 21:43
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
This is interesting. This web page (where the attached image came from) shows what they believe to have been the sea ice extent. This is intersting because Antarctica would have warmed slightly.

Australian Antarctic Division wrote:
The average annual temperature ranges from about −10°C on the Antarctic coast to −60°C at the highest parts of the interior. Near the coast the temperature can exceed +10°C at times in summer and fall to below −40°C in winter.

Needless to say, even today an increase of 5 - 10° C. might not be noticed except for along the coast. What needs to be remembered is that the hole in the ozone layer above Antarctica has caused warming along one side of Antarctica. Otherwise all temperatures might be below freezing.
And if anyone has missed what was unique about the last ice age was that in the northern hemisphere it was centered over Baffin Bay. And since the earth's axial tilt is 22.4° this aligns with the northern most part of Baffin Bay.
Myself, I think one day when the North American and Eurasian plates stop lifting in that area that geologic activity might slow. If so then the heat being released into the Arctic Ocean would start decreasing over time. And when the Arctic starts cooling again then a slow march toward an ice age will most likely have started.
I think though that the ozone layer might be able to influence this. There is no geological record of the ozone layer for obvious reasons, it's in the stratosphere.
The information put out by NASA, the EPA, the IPCC, etc. all show that warming slowed when ozone depletion slowed. Both reports came out in 2013.
What might be possible is that manipulating the ozone layer and the amount of heat that we dump into our atmosphere might allow us to control glaciation in the arctic. If so then we might be able to control the weather, literally.
If that is possible then most people in their day to day lives would not be affected by this, they would remain oblivious to it.

http://www.scotese.com/lastice.htm

p.s., as for the sea ice extent, a cooler Arctic as well as an orbit a little further away from the Sun could allow for a lower average global temperature.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/WorldOfChange/ozone.php

This is animated.
Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate The Emissivity of the Earth:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Emissivity313-08-2019 20:20
You can never know the emissivity?2021-09-2017 05:38
The Emissivity Question5523-06-2017 01:01
Emissivity of the ocean3829-05-2017 19:34
If the emissivity of a body decreases then its temperature should decrease.6010-03-2016 18:28
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact