Remember me
▼ Content

temperatures

temperatures14-03-2018 21:12
confused about temps
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
Can anyone help explain to me why global warming has happened for less than 40% of the last 80 years. This means there is no correlation with CO2 levels.

I want to understand how a theory can be only 40% accurate (ie less than the toss of a coin) but so widely accepted..am i missing something...please help
14-03-2018 22:17
still learning
★★☆☆☆
(244)
confused about temps wrote:
Can anyone help explain to me why global warming has happened for less than 40% of the last 80 years......

Where do you get that from?
Take a look at a graph of the global land-ocean temperature anomaly presented here: https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/.
I see a distinct trend starting about 1975. There is a lot of year-to-year fluctuation in that temperature anomaly, something expected, but the trend is there.

I don't think anybody actually involved in climate change has ever claimed that the temperature anomaly value would climb each and every year. One poster on this forum keeps saying that the temperature of the Earth can't be measured, and that is true. What is done is that a lot of temperatures in a lot of places are recorded every year, and if the same kinds of measurements are made in the same places long enough then a long-term trend can be figured out.

You probably don't expect the air temperature average where you live to be exactly the same each year, there's enough randomness in weather so you wouldn't expect that. Likewise the Earth as a whole. I kind of view the yearly randomness as sort of noise in the overall small signal of global warming.
15-03-2018 03:01
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
still learning wrote:
confused about temps wrote:
Can anyone help explain to me why global warming has happened for less than 40% of the last 80 years......

Where do you get that from?
Take a look at a graph of the global land-ocean temperature anomaly presented here: https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/.
I see a distinct trend starting about 1975. There is a lot of year-to-year fluctuation in that temperature anomaly, something expected, but the trend is there.

I don't think anybody actually involved in climate change has ever claimed that the temperature anomaly value would climb each and every year. One poster on this forum keeps saying that the temperature of the Earth can't be measured, and that is true. What is done is that a lot of temperatures in a lot of places are recorded every year, and if the same kinds of measurements are made in the same places long enough then a long-term trend can be figured out.

You probably don't expect the air temperature average where you live to be exactly the same each year, there's enough randomness in weather so you wouldn't expect that. Likewise the Earth as a whole. I kind of view the yearly randomness as sort of noise in the overall small signal of global warming.

Firstly, that temperature curve is a false report.
https://thsresearch.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/ef-gast-data-research-report-062717.pdf

Secondly the CO2 has been rising. It has risen almost 30% in the last 70 or so years. That doesn't mean that the rise in CO2 and those false temperature curves have anything in common.

What they will commonly do is simply scale them so that they look nearly identical. But in fact the CO2 curves they show are pretty closely correct whereas the temperature curves are phony.

There is a reason that NASA was never supposed to have anything to do with climate science other than gathering data via satellites. The atmospheric science is supposed to the purview of NOAA and they tended to be a great deal more honest. So NASA started with the results they wanted and worked backwards to the of the data they needed. Then supplying fake data to NOAA, they had to agree with the "science".

Join the debate temperatures:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
COULD MOON DUST HELP REDUCE GLOBAL TEMPERATURES?3216-10-2023 19:36
Scientists say Florida Keys coral reefs are already bleaching as water temperatures hit record highs1429-07-2023 20:14
Florida in hot water as ocean temperatures rise along with the humidity213-07-2023 15:50
Diablo Winds And Record Temperatures in SF Bay Area2423-01-2021 08:35
East EU temperatures skyrocketed since last year203-02-2020 19:14
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact