Remember me
▼ Content

Survey on Climate Change for school super short please help!!!


Survey on Climate Change for school super short please help!!!28-05-2018 20:57
climate change survey
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeXpcahVPH0RvVd2WQf9cUM8YTOmJEKWAXzuu5nS6P9jJgKqQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Edited on 28-05-2018 21:02
28-05-2018 21:45
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1196)
Ask your teacher to specify one bad aspect of a slightly warmer world.

Then ask that the mechanism that causes the bad thing, the bit between the warming and the bad thing, is explained to you.

Can your teacher or anybody else cite some sort of supporting science that explains this mechanism?

If so can you look at it and see if if coping with this issue will cost more for any local council in the world, that has traffic lights, than its' traffic light budget.

If it passes all these it will have done something no other issue has.

Edited on 28-05-2018 21:45
29-05-2018 03:52
James___
★★★☆☆
(662)
Tim the plumber wrote:
Ask your teacher to specify one bad aspect of a slightly warmer world.

Then ask that the mechanism that causes the bad thing, the bit between the warming and the bad thing, is explained to you.

Can your teacher or anybody else cite some sort of supporting science that explains this mechanism?

If so can you look at it and see if if coping with this issue will cost more for any local council in the world, that has traffic lights, than its' traffic light budget.

If it passes all these it will have done something no other issue has.


It's possible it could change the earth's orbit around the Sun in a way we wouldn't like. The solution could create jobs and possibly improve the air quality in cities. But as itn has proven, it's actually promoting Marxism. Just not sure why he's so enthralled with the Marx Brothers for. What's the password again ?

https://youtu.be/p0Gwe5gKgjo
29-05-2018 20:24
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5738)
James___ wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
Ask your teacher to specify one bad aspect of a slightly warmer world.

Then ask that the mechanism that causes the bad thing, the bit between the warming and the bad thing, is explained to you.

Can your teacher or anybody else cite some sort of supporting science that explains this mechanism?

If so can you look at it and see if if coping with this issue will cost more for any local council in the world, that has traffic lights, than its' traffic light budget.

If it passes all these it will have done something no other issue has.


It's possible it could change the earth's orbit around the Sun in a way we wouldn't like. The solution could create jobs and possibly improve the air quality in cities. But as itn has proven, it's actually promoting Marxism. Just not sure why he's so enthralled with the Marx Brothers for. What's the password again ?

https://youtu.be/p0Gwe5gKgjo

Why would it change the Earth's orbit? What solutions are you proposing?


The Parrot Killer
30-05-2018 00:10
James___
★★★☆☆
(662)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
Ask your teacher to specify one bad aspect of a slightly warmer world.

Then ask that the mechanism that causes the bad thing, the bit between the warming and the bad thing, is explained to you.

Can your teacher or anybody else cite some sort of supporting science that explains this mechanism?

If so can you look at it and see if if coping with this issue will cost more for any local council in the world, that has traffic lights, than its' traffic light budget.

If it passes all these it will have done something no other issue has.


It's possible it could change the earth's orbit around the Sun in a way we wouldn't like. The solution could create jobs and possibly improve the air quality in cities. But as itn has proven, it's actually promoting Marxism. Just not sure why he's so enthralled with the Marx Brothers for. What's the password again ?

https://youtu.be/p0Gwe5gKgjo

Why would it change the Earth's orbit? What solutions are you proposing?



...with the earth's orbit, because it's moment of inertia changes. I told one woman I know what might help but can't talk about it now.
That's because it's not in any book. I have other things I need to do first.
30-05-2018 01:12
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5738)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
Ask your teacher to specify one bad aspect of a slightly warmer world.

Then ask that the mechanism that causes the bad thing, the bit between the warming and the bad thing, is explained to you.

Can your teacher or anybody else cite some sort of supporting science that explains this mechanism?

If so can you look at it and see if if coping with this issue will cost more for any local council in the world, that has traffic lights, than its' traffic light budget.

If it passes all these it will have done something no other issue has.


It's possible it could change the earth's orbit around the Sun in a way we wouldn't like. The solution could create jobs and possibly improve the air quality in cities. But as itn has proven, it's actually promoting Marxism. Just not sure why he's so enthralled with the Marx Brothers for. What's the password again ?

https://youtu.be/p0Gwe5gKgjo

Why would it change the Earth's orbit? What solutions are you proposing?



...with the earth's orbit, because it's moment of inertia changes. I told one woman I know what might help but can't talk about it now.
That's because it's not in any book. I have other things I need to do first.


What 'moment of inertia'??? Why would it change???


The Parrot Killer
30-05-2018 01:46
James___
★★★☆☆
(662)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
Ask your teacher to specify one bad aspect of a slightly warmer world.

Then ask that the mechanism that causes the bad thing, the bit between the warming and the bad thing, is explained to you.

Can your teacher or anybody else cite some sort of supporting science that explains this mechanism?

If so can you look at it and see if if coping with this issue will cost more for any local council in the world, that has traffic lights, than its' traffic light budget.

If it passes all these it will have done something no other issue has.


It's possible it could change the earth's orbit around the Sun in a way we wouldn't like. The solution could create jobs and possibly improve the air quality in cities. But as itn has proven, it's actually promoting Marxism. Just not sure why he's so enthralled with the Marx Brothers for. What's the password again ?

https://youtu.be/p0Gwe5gKgjo

Why would it change the Earth's orbit? What solutions are you proposing?



...with the earth's orbit, because it's moment of inertia changes. I told one woman I know what might help but can't talk about it now.
That's because it's not in any book. I have other things I need to do first.


What 'moment of inertia'??? Why would it change???



...The "Moment of Inertia" is the average mv = f of a rotating mass. When glaciers melt and tectonic plates rise. the Moment of Inertia for the Earth changes. When this happens it's orbit around the Sun changes as well. If you consider the temperature change in Melvin's, it's not much. Absolute 0 is -273.15°C or –459.67°F. For an ice age to occur, it's only a small change in temperature.
30-05-2018 01:58
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
Ohh you don't get this on social media.
30-05-2018 03:24
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5738)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
Ask your teacher to specify one bad aspect of a slightly warmer world.

Then ask that the mechanism that causes the bad thing, the bit between the warming and the bad thing, is explained to you.

Can your teacher or anybody else cite some sort of supporting science that explains this mechanism?

If so can you look at it and see if if coping with this issue will cost more for any local council in the world, that has traffic lights, than its' traffic light budget.

If it passes all these it will have done something no other issue has.


It's possible it could change the earth's orbit around the Sun in a way we wouldn't like. The solution could create jobs and possibly improve the air quality in cities. But as itn has proven, it's actually promoting Marxism. Just not sure why he's so enthralled with the Marx Brothers for. What's the password again ?

https://youtu.be/p0Gwe5gKgjo

Why would it change the Earth's orbit? What solutions are you proposing?



...with the earth's orbit, because it's moment of inertia changes. I told one woman I know what might help but can't talk about it now.
That's because it's not in any book. I have other things I need to do first.


What 'moment of inertia'??? Why would it change???



...The "Moment of Inertia" is the average mv = f of a rotating mass. When glaciers melt and tectonic plates rise. the Moment of Inertia for the Earth changes.

1) Tectonic plates are rising, sinking, tilting, etc. all the time. Glaciers do not cause this.
2) The total mass of the Earth isn't changing.
James___ wrote:
When this happens it's orbit around the Sun changes as well.

Why? The mass of the Earth isn't changing.
James___ wrote:
If you consider the temperature change in Melvin's,

What's a 'melvin'? Do you mean Kelvins?
James___ wrote:
it's not much. Absolute 0 is -273.15°C or –459.67°F.

Do you think there is anywhere on the Earth anywhere nearly that cold (except in very small containments in a lab)?
James___ wrote:
For an ice age to occur, it's only a small change in temperature.

I don't think you have any idea what affects Earth's spin, orbit, or any other mechanics of it's travel through the universe.


The Parrot Killer
30-05-2018 03:59
James___
★★★☆☆
(662)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
Ask your teacher to specify one bad aspect of a slightly warmer world.

Then ask that the mechanism that causes the bad thing, the bit between the warming and the bad thing, is explained to you.

Can your teacher or anybody else cite some sort of supporting science that explains this mechanism?

If so can you look at it and see if if coping with this issue will cost more for any local council in the world, that has traffic lights, than its' traffic light budget.

If it passes all these it will have done something no other issue has.


It's possible it could change the earth's orbit around the Sun in a way we wouldn't like. The solution could create jobs and possibly improve the air quality in cities. But as itn has proven, it's actually promoting Marxism. Just not sure why he's so enthralled with the Marx Brothers for. What's the password again ?

https://youtu.be/p0Gwe5gKgjo

Why would it change the Earth's orbit? What solutions are you proposing?



...with the earth's orbit, because it's moment of inertia changes. I told one woman I know what might help but can't talk about it now.
That's because it's not in any book. I have other things I need to do first.


What 'moment of inertia'??? Why would it change???



...The "Moment of Inertia" is the average mv = f of a rotating mass. When glaciers melt and tectonic plates rise. the Moment of Inertia for the Earth changes.

1) Tectonic plates are rising, sinking, tilting, etc. all the time. Glaciers do not cause this.
2) The total mass of the Earth isn't changing.
James___ wrote:
When this happens it's orbit around the Sun changes as well.

Why? The mass of the Earth isn't changing.
James___ wrote:
If you consider the temperature change in Melvin's,

What's a 'melvin'? Do you mean Kelvins?
James___ wrote:
it's not much. Absolute 0 is -273.15°C or –459.67°F.

Do you think there is anywhere on the Earth anywhere nearly that cold (except in very small containments in a lab)?
James___ wrote:
For an ice age to occur, it's only a small change in temperature.

I don't think you have any idea what affects Earth's spin, orbit, or any other mechanics of it's travel through the universe.



..Aåæhhh, the pærrot beåks !
31-05-2018 01:13
James___
★★★☆☆
(662)
This is to give you guys something to think about.

The moment of inertia must be specified with respect to a chosen axis of rotation. For a point mass the moment of inertia is just the mass times the square of perpendicular distance to the rotation axis, I = mr2.
Moment of Inertia - HyperPhysics Concepts
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/mi.html

..The Earth's mass is 5.972 × 10^24 kg

During an interracial period the mass of the glaciers (except for Greenland's) is shifted to the oceans. During the last ice age they seemed to be centered close to the Earth's axis of rotation which is

Today, the Earth's axis is tilted 23.5 degrees from the plane of its orbit around the sun. But this tilt changes. During a cycle that averages about 40,000 years, the tilt of the axis varies between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees.
Milutin Milankovitch : Feature Articles - NASA Earth Observatory
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Milankovitch/milankovitch_2.php

..If the mass of the glaciers during the last ice age could be estimated with some degree of accuracy then the effect they have could be calculated as rotational velocity of our planet. And this effects how we orbit around the Sun.

https://water.usgs.gov/edu/watercycleice.html
Edited on 31-05-2018 01:15
31-05-2018 02:27
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
This is good stuff and we're all watching the current interracial.
Here's something to think about.
I was checking accretion rates and stumbled upon this question top o' google ...

Does the mass of the earth increase over time as the population of plants, animals, and humans increase over time?
https://www.quora.com/Does-the-mass-of-the-earth-increase-over-time-as-the-population-of-plants-animals-and-humans-increase-over-time

It got me thinking.

Is there a mathematics that can describe the effect of Chinese urbanisation on earth's rotational energy when China switched from pedal to metal which also considers the moderating influence of stationary and overweight 'street' americans effectively negating the mass transfer via stolid mental and financial immobility?

Will we start spinning backwards more than they do?


Edited on 31-05-2018 02:30
31-05-2018 03:30
James___
★★★☆☆
(662)
monckton wrote:
This is good stuff and we're all watching the current interracial.
Here's something to think about.
I was checking accretion rates and stumbled upon this question top o' google ...

Does the mass of the earth increase over time as the population of plants, animals, and humans increase over time?
https://www.quora.com/Does-the-mass-of-the-earth-increase-over-time-as-the-population-of-plants-animals-and-humans-increase-over-time

It got me thinking.

Is there a mathematics that can describe the effect of Chinese urbanisation on earth's rotational energy when China switched from pedal to metal which also considers the moderating influence of stationary and overweight 'street' americans effectively negating the mass transfer via stolid mental and financial immobility?

Will we start spinning backwards more than they do?




Well, if this number One cubic mile of water equals 1.1 trillion gallons, 147.2 billion cubic feet, or 3.38 million acre-feet, and weighs 9.2 trillion pounds (4.6 billion tons).
Water Conversions
www.prwcd.org/water_conv.html
is multiplied by 600,00 then the glaciers weighed about 5,520,000 x 1 trillion (1,000,000,000,000) = 5,520,000,000,000,000,000 lbs of water. Divided by 2.204 it equals 2,504,000,000,000,000,000 kgs. That's about 3 times the mass of the Earth's biomass.
...The tricky part would be figuring out the moment of inertia for the water. You know, the Earth is round and the oceans have uneven distribution of their surface area. This is where someone who was bored or is an extreme nerd might've already figured it out. Then that would show how the Earth's moment of inertia changes because of glacial melt.
..Besides, you gotta remember that I think there is sufficient heat that comes from the sea floor near Iceland and up into the Arctic. It'd be a compound effect whether our plant's warming or cooling.
Edited on 31-05-2018 03:38
31-05-2018 04:40
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
Ah come on now, be more precise.
Yes or No?
Edited on 31-05-2018 04:46
31-05-2018 05:37
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5738)
James___ wrote:
This is to give you guys something to think about.

The moment of inertia must be specified with respect to a chosen axis of rotation. For a point mass the moment of inertia is just the mass times the square of perpendicular distance to the rotation axis, I = mr2.
Moment of Inertia - HyperPhysics Concepts
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/mi.html

..The Earth's mass is 5.972 × 10^24 kg

During an interracial period the mass of the glaciers (except for Greenland's) is shifted to the oceans. During the last ice age they seemed to be centered close to the Earth's axis of rotation which is

Today, the Earth's axis is tilted 23.5 degrees from the plane of its orbit around the sun. But this tilt changes. During a cycle that averages about 40,000 years, the tilt of the axis varies between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees.
Milutin Milankovitch : Feature Articles - NASA Earth Observatory
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Milankovitch/milankovitch_2.php

..If the mass of the glaciers during the last ice age could be estimated with some degree of accuracy then the effect they have could be calculated as rotational velocity of our planet. And this effects how we orbit around the Sun.

https://water.usgs.gov/edu/watercycleice.html


The moment of inertia does not affect the orbit of the Earth around the Sun.

The only thing it affects is the length of day...very slightly. In the case you are talking about it is not a significant change.


The Parrot Killer
31-05-2018 10:36
James___
★★★☆☆
(662)
monckton wrote:
Ah come on now, be more precise.
Yes or No?



..We could move the the rotational center of mass for the glaciers from 60° to water at 30° latitude. And since most of the 7 billion people on the planet live between 55 to 60° North latitude to 30° South latitude (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ab/WorldMapLongLat-eq-circles-tropics-non.png/550px-WorldMapLongLat-eq-circles-tropics-non.png) we could include the estimated mass of 7 billion people at 30° from the equator.
..And could show the same math without people. Without people as the earth's spin slows it's velocity would increase. This would keep the KE of the Earth the same and might show why ice ages were cyclical. The solar constant (https://www.britannica.com/science/solar-constant) would change accordingly. Aside from that would probably need a super computer to be precise.

..This link (https://www.nestle-waters.com/healthy-hydration/water-body) states that on average people are about 60% water so only 40% or 2.8 billion people would need to be considered.
Edited on 31-05-2018 10:44
31-05-2018 14:42
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5738)
James___ wrote:
monckton wrote:
Ah come on now, be more precise.
Yes or No?



..We could move the the rotational center of mass for the glaciers from 60° to water at 30° latitude. And since most of the 7 billion people on the planet live between 55 to 60° North latitude to 30° South latitude (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ab/WorldMapLongLat-eq-circles-tropics-non.png/550px-WorldMapLongLat-eq-circles-tropics-non.png) we could include the estimated mass of 7 billion people at 30° from the equator.
..And could show the same math without people. Without people as the earth's spin slows it's velocity would increase. This would keep the KE of the Earth the same and might show why ice ages were cyclical. The solar constant (https://www.britannica.com/science/solar-constant) would change accordingly. Aside from that would probably need a super computer to be precise.

..This link (https://www.nestle-waters.com/healthy-hydration/water-body) states that on average people are about 60% water so only 40% or 2.8 billion people would need to be considered.

Glaciers aren't going to move 30 deg in latitude, even it they DO melt.


The Parrot Killer
31-05-2018 18:38
James___
★★★☆☆
(662)
...@monckton and All,
..I'll spend the enxt couple of days going over the math. I'll post surface velocity
The earth rotates once every 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4.09053 seconds, called the sidereal period, and its circumference is roughly 40,075 kilometers. Thus, the surface of the earth at the equator moves at a speed of 460 meters per second--or roughly 1,000 miles per hour.
How fast is the earth moving? - Scientific American
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-fast-is-the-earth-mov/
460 mps = 1028.99 mph.
..This http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/Dur_OneYear.php can be used to show how the earth's rotational and linear velocities change depending on if it's moving towards perihelion or aphelion. And if anyone reads the link [url] https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/perihelion-aphelion-solstice.html[/url] you'll notice that is says

Approximately every 100,000 years, Earth's orbital path changes from being nearly circular to elliptical.

..That's the same time frame in which ice ages occur. And hopefully by now everyone is aware that I believe that it's the conditions in the Arctic that help to regulate this cycle.
Edited on 31-05-2018 18:41
31-05-2018 20:57
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5738)
James___ wrote:
...@monckton and All,
..I'll spend the enxt couple of days going over the math. I'll post surface velocity
The earth rotates once every 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4.09053 seconds, called the sidereal period, and its circumference is roughly 40,075 kilometers. Thus, the surface of the earth at the equator moves at a speed of 460 meters per second--or roughly 1,000 miles per hour.
How fast is the earth moving? - Scientific American
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-fast-is-the-earth-mov/
460 mps = 1028.99 mph.
..This http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/Dur_OneYear.php can be used to show how the earth's rotational and linear velocities change depending on if it's moving towards perihelion or aphelion. And if anyone reads the link [url] https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/perihelion-aphelion-solstice.html[/url] you'll notice that is says

Approximately every 100,000 years, Earth's orbital path changes from being nearly circular to elliptical.

..That's the same time frame in which ice ages occur. And hopefully by now everyone is aware that I believe that it's the conditions in the Arctic that help to regulate this cycle.


Nope. It's the other planets in the solar system that regulate that cycle.


The Parrot Killer
01-06-2018 07:47
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1196)
James___ wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
Ask your teacher to specify one bad aspect of a slightly warmer world.

Then ask that the mechanism that causes the bad thing, the bit between the warming and the bad thing, is explained to you.

Can your teacher or anybody else cite some sort of supporting science that explains this mechanism?

If so can you look at it and see if if coping with this issue will cost more for any local council in the world, that has traffic lights, than its' traffic light budget.

If it passes all these it will have done something no other issue has.


It's possible it could change the earth's orbit around the Sun in a way we wouldn't like. The solution could create jobs and possibly improve the air quality in cities. But as itn has proven, it's actually promoting Marxism. Just not sure why he's so enthralled with the Marx Brothers for. What's the password again ?

https://youtu.be/p0Gwe5gKgjo


The orbit of the earth is 100% not, never, at all, effected by what happens on the earth. Climate does not change the orbit.

You failed at school because you are thick. Stop trying to think about stuff you have no clue about.
01-06-2018 12:32
James___
★★★☆☆
(662)
James___ wrote:
This is to give you guys something to think about.

The moment of inertia must be specified with respect to a chosen axis of rotation. For a point mass the moment of inertia is just the mass times the square of perpendicular distance to the rotation axis, I = mr2.
Moment of Inertia - HyperPhysics Concepts
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/mi.html

..The Earth's mass is 5.972 × 10^24 kg

During an interracial period the mass of the glaciers (except for Greenland's) is shifted to the oceans. During the last ice age they seemed to be centered close to the Earth's axis of rotation which is

Today, the Earth's axis is tilted 23.5 degrees from the plane of its orbit around the sun. But this tilt changes. During a cycle that averages about 40,000 years, the tilt of the axis varies between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees.
Milutin Milankovitch : Feature Articles - NASA Earth Observatory
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Milankovitch/milankovitch_2.php

..If the mass of the glaciers during the last ice age could be estimated with some degree of accuracy then the effect they have could be calculated as rotational velocity of our planet. And this effects how we orbit around the Sun.

https://water.usgs.gov/edu/watercycleice.html



..@All,
..Someone has edited my posts and inserted quotes and links concerning the Milankovich cycle.
This is the link that was edited out.[url] https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/perihelion-aphelion-solstice.html[/url]
..I may have to start saving the pages after I post. There is a reason I don't concern myself with Milankovich, he didn't explain why these cycles happen. It's like having different pieces to a puzzle but not knowing how they fit together.
..This link better explains his cycles http://www.indiana.edu/~geol105/images/gaia_chapter_4/milankovitch.htm

..Maybe someone can explain this;
Axial Tilt; Oscillations in the degree of Earth's axial tilt occur on a periodicity of 41,000 years from 21.5 to 24.5 degrees.

Precession; When this shift to the axis pointing at Vega occurs, Vega would then be considered the North Star. This top-like wobble, or precession, has a periodicity of 23,000 years.

..Does anyone see the problem here ? Precession is when the earth starts a new orbit around the Sun.

..The definition of precession;
https://www-istp.gsfc.nasa.gov/stargaze/Sprecess.htm

..It basically describes summer and winter changing during the calendar year. In 13,000 years summer will be winter and winter will be summer. 26,000 years from now summer in the northern hemisphere will once again be where it is now. What would explain this is the earth does not start a new orbit around the Sun after 1 complete orbit around it. This is not axial tilt which it seems Milankovich claimed it to be as well as precession itself. The Earth can't have 2 different cycles of axial tilt happening at the same time.
..With axial tilt, it could be caused by the Sun's own wobble. Planets orbiting Suns do have this effect on them.
..And as I posit, eccentricity is determined by ice ages which is some basic math I'm working on. The math I'll be showing won't be precise. What it will do is help people to understand an idea. And hopefully everyone is aware that it is as glaciers melt in the Arctic that the eccentricity of the Earth changes and when they start forming we have a cycle.
Edited on 01-06-2018 12:39
01-06-2018 14:06
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1196)
James___ wrote:
James___ wrote:
This is to give you guys something to think about.

The moment of inertia must be specified with respect to a chosen axis of rotation. For a point mass the moment of inertia is just the mass times the square of perpendicular distance to the rotation axis, I = mr2.
Moment of Inertia - HyperPhysics Concepts
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/mi.html

..The Earth's mass is 5.972 × 10^24 kg

During an interracial period the mass of the glaciers (except for Greenland's) is shifted to the oceans. During the last ice age they seemed to be centered close to the Earth's axis of rotation which is

Today, the Earth's axis is tilted 23.5 degrees from the plane of its orbit around the sun. But this tilt changes. During a cycle that averages about 40,000 years, the tilt of the axis varies between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees.
Milutin Milankovitch : Feature Articles - NASA Earth Observatory
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Milankovitch/milankovitch_2.php

..If the mass of the glaciers during the last ice age could be estimated with some degree of accuracy then the effect they have could be calculated as rotational velocity of our planet. And this effects how we orbit around the Sun.

https://water.usgs.gov/edu/watercycleice.html



..@All,
..Someone has edited my posts and inserted quotes and links concerning the Milankovich cycle.
This is the link that was edited out.[url] https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/perihelion-aphelion-solstice.html[/url]
..I may have to start saving the pages after I post. There is a reason I don't concern myself with Milankovich, he didn't explain why these cycles happen. It's like having different pieces to a puzzle but not knowing how they fit together.
..This link better explains his cycles http://www.indiana.edu/~geol105/images/gaia_chapter_4/milankovitch.htm

..Maybe someone can explain this;
Axial Tilt; Oscillations in the degree of Earth's axial tilt occur on a periodicity of 41,000 years from 21.5 to 24.5 degrees.

Precession; When this shift to the axis pointing at Vega occurs, Vega would then be considered the North Star. This top-like wobble, or precession, has a periodicity of 23,000 years.

..Does anyone see the problem here ? Precession is when the earth starts a new orbit around the Sun.

..The definition of precession;
https://www-istp.gsfc.nasa.gov/stargaze/Sprecess.htm

..It basically describes summer and winter changing during the calendar year. In 13,000 years summer will be winter and winter will be summer. 26,000 years from now summer in the northern hemisphere will once again be where it is now. What would explain this is the earth does not start a new orbit around the Sun after 1 complete orbit around it. This is not axial tilt which it seems Milankovich claimed it to be as well as precession itself. The Earth can't have 2 different cycles of axial tilt happening at the same time.
..With axial tilt, it could be caused by the Sun's own wobble. Planets orbiting Suns do have this effect on them.
..And as I posit, eccentricity is determined by ice ages which is some basic math I'm working on. The math I'll be showing won't be precise. What it will do is help people to understand an idea. And hopefully everyone is aware that it is as glaciers melt in the Arctic that the eccentricity of the Earth changes and when they start forming we have a cycle.


Every single orbit around the sun is different.

Every single orbit is a new one.

It is not at all influenced by climate.
01-06-2018 15:59
James___
★★★☆☆
(662)
Tim the plumber wrote:
James___ wrote:
James___ wrote:
This is to give you guys something to think about.

The moment of inertia must be specified with respect to a chosen axis of rotation. For a point mass the moment of inertia is just the mass times the square of perpendicular distance to the rotation axis, I = mr2.
Moment of Inertia - HyperPhysics Concepts
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/mi.html

..The Earth's mass is 5.972 × 10^24 kg

During an interracial period the mass of the glaciers (except for Greenland's) is shifted to the oceans. During the last ice age they seemed to be centered close to the Earth's axis of rotation which is

Today, the Earth's axis is tilted 23.5 degrees from the plane of its orbit around the sun. But this tilt changes. During a cycle that averages about 40,000 years, the tilt of the axis varies between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees.
Milutin Milankovitch : Feature Articles - NASA Earth Observatory
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Milankovitch/milankovitch_2.php

..If the mass of the glaciers during the last ice age could be estimated with some degree of accuracy then the effect they have could be calculated as rotational velocity of our planet. And this effects how we orbit around the Sun.

https://water.usgs.gov/edu/watercycleice.html



..@All,
..Someone has edited my posts and inserted quotes and links concerning the Milankovich cycle.
This is the link that was edited out.[url] https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/perihelion-aphelion-solstice.html[/url]
..I may have to start saving the pages after I post. There is a reason I don't concern myself with Milankovich, he didn't explain why these cycles happen. It's like having different pieces to a puzzle but not knowing how they fit together.
..This link better explains his cycles http://www.indiana.edu/~geol105/images/gaia_chapter_4/milankovitch.htm

..Maybe someone can explain this;
Axial Tilt; Oscillations in the degree of Earth's axial tilt occur on a periodicity of 41,000 years from 21.5 to 24.5 degrees.

Precession; When this shift to the axis pointing at Vega occurs, Vega would then be considered the North Star. This top-like wobble, or precession, has a periodicity of 23,000 years.

..Does anyone see the problem here ? Precession is when the earth starts a new orbit around the Sun.

..The definition of precession;
https://www-istp.gsfc.nasa.gov/stargaze/Sprecess.htm

..It basically describes summer and winter changing during the calendar year. In 13,000 years summer will be winter and winter will be summer. 26,000 years from now summer in the northern hemisphere will once again be where it is now. What would explain this is the earth does not start a new orbit around the Sun after 1 complete orbit around it. This is not axial tilt which it seems Milankovich claimed it to be as well as precession itself. The Earth can't have 2 different cycles of axial tilt happening at the same time.
..With axial tilt, it could be caused by the Sun's own wobble. Planets orbiting Suns do have this effect on them.
..And as I posit, eccentricity is determined by ice ages which is some basic math I'm working on. The math I'll be showing won't be precise. What it will do is help people to understand an idea. And hopefully everyone is aware that it is as glaciers melt in the Arctic that the eccentricity of the Earth changes and when they start forming we have a cycle.


Every single orbit around the sun is different.

Every single orbit is a new one.

It is not at all influenced by climate.



It is of primary importance to explain that climate change, and subsequent periods of glaciation, resulting from the following three variables is not due to the total amount of solar energy reaching Earth. The three Milankovitch Cycles impact the seasonality and location of solar energy around the Earth, thus impacting contrasts between the seasons.

http://www.indiana.edu/~geol105/images/gaia_chapter_4/milankovitch.htm

...Tim,
..Why did England build the Thames Barrier for ? Next year will be different, right ?
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26133660
..Over a matter of time changes can be noticed.
01-06-2018 17:58
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5738)
James___ wrote:
..Why did England build the Thames Barrier for ? Next year will be different, right ?
...deleted redundant link...
..Over a matter of time changes can be noticed.


They built it because the Thames can get a lot of rainfall. When it does and high tide hits, lower London floods. Before they built the barrier, people would die in these floods.

When the technology became available to handle such a requirement, they built the barrier.

Nothing has changed, except that lower London doesn't flood anymore.


The Parrot Killer
01-06-2018 19:34
James___
★★★☆☆
(662)
...ITN is a teacher. I accept what he stated. The sea levels are not rising, the planet cannot warm and there is no climate. Also, his friend Branner edited my post(s) because his friend supports ITN and Wake.
...IMO this forum is to prevent any discussion about climate change because IMO it's owner does not believe that ice ages have ever happened. Why ?
..Can you define climate with out using buzzwords or circular arguments ? Until then no one should post in here.
Edited on 01-06-2018 19:42
03-06-2018 17:13
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1196)
James___ wrote:
...ITN is a teacher. I accept what he stated. The sea levels are not rising, the planet cannot warm and there is no climate. Also, his friend Branner edited my post(s) because his friend supports ITN and Wake.
...IMO this forum is to prevent any discussion about climate change because IMO it's owner does not believe that ice ages have ever happened. Why ?
..Can you define climate with out using buzzwords or circular arguments ? Until then no one should post in here.


No it's just that you are utterly uneducated and stupid where physics is concearned.

I expect Banner edited some of your posts to avoid legal issues.
03-06-2018 17:23
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
Into the Night wrote:
Before they built the barrier, people would die in these floods.


Don't be so stupid there's plenty of pubs on high ground.


"Bring us your sick and tired, your educated ..."




Join the debate Survey on Climate Change for school super short please help!!!:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Need school answers120-08-2018 17:50
Participate climate change survey127-02-2018 18:09
How effective are the UK strategies to reduce global warming?(please complete survey)12708-02-2018 15:41
SCHOOL PROJECT208-12-2017 19:08
AGW will make Canada a global super power907-07-2017 23:46
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2017 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact