Remember me
▼ Content

SCHOOL PROJECT

SCHOOL PROJECT07-11-2017 05:48
Juiced
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
Dear Climate Debate,

I have this real hard school project right now and providing information would be literally a god send. My question is "Why is the Australian Government hesitating to implement renewable energy in our grids". You may not agree with my question, but frankly i'm not interested. Please give helpful info!

Thanks
08-11-2017 23:11
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
The cost of renewable energy is very high compared to burning fossil fuels.

Take the best of these (other than hydro power which is maxed out already) wind power;

The cost of wind power is very large due to the high maintenance costs of it. The blades crack. This is due to them being in compression when up and tension when down. This eventuall y cracks the blades.

When you see a wind farm and a third of them are not working this is why.

To repair the wind turbine you have to take a 70m long blade there, have a crane ready to lift it, have the crew ready and wait for a day when it is not too windy on the site you selected because it is in a windy place.

Then the wind will blow when it wills. It will often supply power when you don't need it and be out of action either due to to being too calm or too windy as they cannot work in high winds, when you actually want it.
08-12-2017 20:08
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tim the plumber wrote:
The cost of renewable energy is very high compared to burning fossil fuels.

Take the best of these (other than hydro power which is maxed out already) wind power;

The cost of wind power is very large due to the high maintenance costs of it. The blades crack. This is due to them being in compression when up and tension when down. This eventuall y cracks the blades.

When you see a wind farm and a third of them are not working this is why.

To repair the wind turbine you have to take a 70m long blade there, have a crane ready to lift it, have the crew ready and wait for a day when it is not too windy on the site you selected because it is in a windy place.

Then the wind will blow when it wills. It will often supply power when you don't need it and be out of action either due to to being too calm or too windy as they cannot work in high winds, when you actually want it.

Consider the fires in southern California now. For two days they had wind gusts as high as 80 mph. Even with the blades turned sideways to prevent direct pressure on the blades winds of this sort will cause aerodynamic lift on the blades. Then multi-directional gusting simply breaks the blade. In most cases they are only cracked but imagine a 70 m blade flying through the air.

Join the debate SCHOOL PROJECT:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Catholic student arrested at school for merely stating "that men and women are different"921-02-2024 21:44
You may not wave the American flag at any school, in the new Communist states of America128-08-2023 13:22
Transgender dickhead as-hole jerkoff shoots up Christian school. CNN praises the loser and blames Trump028-03-2023 02:05
People Must Start New Project To Share Solutions To End The COVID Event, Blaming Do Not Help221-11-2021 04:49
Introducing The Greatest Project Of All Time: The Ultimate Humanity Evolution Platform005-11-2021 11:22
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact