Remember me
▼ Content

Save the planet, by not eating meat?

Save the planet, by not eating meat?06-02-2019 21:32
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
Heard something about going Vegan and Climate Change on the radio, while driving to work. Apparently being a carnivore, is just as bad as burning fossil fuels.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/10/huge-reduction-in-meat-eating-essential-to-avoid-climate-breakdown

Now, I'm not being critical of anyone's dietary choices, or alternative lifestyles, but I don't like them being forced off on me. I'm not a super picky eater, but I'm not willing to choke down something, I already know isn't so good. Basically, I believe if you have to fight to keep it down, it probably isn't good for you. We have a few ladies at work, who are vegans, one encourages me to try some of her creations. She is actually a pretty good cook, and I'm not too reluctant for the all vegetable dishes. I sort of draw the line with soy products though, specifically fake meat. Perhaps, it's the to really bad Thanksgiving memories, where I got stuck at girlfriend's family feast, parents turned out to be vegan. Tofu turkey, doesn't resemble turkey at all. Both those relationships didn't last very long after the holidays. I try to be polite, but I'm just not going to torture myself.

Spent a while search the internet, for every kind of vegan meat I could think of, and it seems like there is a fake version of everything. Actually, it was sort of entertaining. There is even vegan Spam (something I'd avoid). I can see giving up meat, or anything that came from animals. I can respect, and don't really mind most substitutes or alternatives to meat, but why try to imitate these products? Seems like it's a lot of work, to make a vegan ribeye steak, or vegan pepperoni pizza. Why would you chose a 'healthier' lifestyle, but want constant reminders of all the foods you gave up?

It's bad enough the the IPCC wants to take away our petroleum, and drain our bank accounts on less efficient alternatives. Now they are going after our food choices as well? Really defies reason to go completely vegetable diets, and yet they want to reduce the planets capacity to produce vegetables. The closest we can come to replacing petroleum, is biodiesel, which takes a huge volume of plant matter, to produce. Only so much land is useful for large scale farming, and the population keeps growing. Farm for food, or fuel? Do we just slaughter all those farm animals, and let them rot, like we did to the buffalo, to starve out the Native Americans? Part of going Vegan, seems to be the mistreatment of the animals we consume. Seems like what ever bad things these farm animals are doing to the climate, they would still be doing, since we aren't going to just murder the poor things. We would also need to consumer a higher volume of plant matter, as meat is a more condensed version of the stuff our bodies need. Meat contains most everything we need, and more or less the right quantities, simple, easy, efficient. World of difference between a plant and an animal, biochemically speaking. No one plant has everything we need in our diet, most can only provide a few of the many things.

Just another Climate Change head scratchers. The IPCC is pushing us to a greater demand for vegetation, yet there core war, is on CO2, and a warmer climate, both are important to the plants we are expected to depend on. We could only expect poorer crop production, as they obtained their CO2 reduction goals. How are they planning on replacing the CO2 our farmed plants are sucking out of the environment, at an alarming rate? This is just more IPCC nonsense, and more dangerous than any bad weather scenario.
07-02-2019 18:13
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Heard something about going Vegan and Climate Change on the radio, while driving to work. Apparently being a carnivore, is just as bad as burning fossil fuels.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/10/huge-reduction-in-meat-eating-essential-to-avoid-climate-breakdown

Now, I'm not being critical of anyone's dietary choices, or alternative lifestyles, but I don't like them being forced off on me. I'm not a super picky eater, but I'm not willing to choke down something, I already know isn't so good. Basically, I believe if you have to fight to keep it down, it probably isn't good for you. We have a few ladies at work, who are vegans, one encourages me to try some of her creations. She is actually a pretty good cook, and I'm not too reluctant for the all vegetable dishes. I sort of draw the line with soy products though, specifically fake meat. Perhaps, it's the to really bad Thanksgiving memories, where I got stuck at girlfriend's family feast, parents turned out to be vegan. Tofu turkey, doesn't resemble turkey at all. Both those relationships didn't last very long after the holidays. I try to be polite, but I'm just not going to torture myself.

Spent a while search the internet, for every kind of vegan meat I could think of, and it seems like there is a fake version of everything. Actually, it was sort of entertaining. There is even vegan Spam (something I'd avoid). I can see giving up meat, or anything that came from animals. I can respect, and don't really mind most substitutes or alternatives to meat, but why try to imitate these products? Seems like it's a lot of work, to make a vegan ribeye steak, or vegan pepperoni pizza. Why would you chose a 'healthier' lifestyle, but want constant reminders of all the foods you gave up?

It's bad enough the the IPCC wants to take away our petroleum, and drain our bank accounts on less efficient alternatives. Now they are going after our food choices as well? Really defies reason to go completely vegetable diets, and yet they want to reduce the planets capacity to produce vegetables. The closest we can come to replacing petroleum, is biodiesel, which takes a huge volume of plant matter, to produce. Only so much land is useful for large scale farming, and the population keeps growing. Farm for food, or fuel? Do we just slaughter all those farm animals, and let them rot, like we did to the buffalo, to starve out the Native Americans? Part of going Vegan, seems to be the mistreatment of the animals we consume. Seems like what ever bad things these farm animals are doing to the climate, they would still be doing, since we aren't going to just murder the poor things. We would also need to consumer a higher volume of plant matter, as meat is a more condensed version of the stuff our bodies need. Meat contains most everything we need, and more or less the right quantities, simple, easy, efficient. World of difference between a plant and an animal, biochemically speaking. No one plant has everything we need in our diet, most can only provide a few of the many things.

Just another Climate Change head scratchers. The IPCC is pushing us to a greater demand for vegetation, yet there core war, is on CO2, and a warmer climate, both are important to the plants we are expected to depend on. We could only expect poorer crop production, as they obtained their CO2 reduction goals. How are they planning on replacing the CO2 our farmed plants are sucking out of the environment, at an alarming rate? This is just more IPCC nonsense, and more dangerous than any bad weather scenario.

Most people with an education would remember that Passenger Pidgeon flocks used to take days to pass and the Great plains were almost one solid herd of Bison. Cachalots (Sperm Whales) used to murder entire groups of whales and then go back to leisurely feed on the remains - a large portion of which would rot and the corpses would release what they call "greenhouse gases" these days. But apparently cow farts are dangerous to all man-kind.
07-02-2019 23:03
(5193)
It's really hard to understand a lot of things in this world any more. I can understand those before us, not knowing any better, and the mass slaughtering seemed to make sense to them. But people do the vegan thing, to save the animals. They don't eat anything animal, or buy any animal products, not even use products tested on animals. Since they want to save all those food animals, and have everyone eat vegetables, we would need to grow more plant foods, and a much greater variety. It's not that you can just give up meat, and eat salad instead, it's tough to get all the nutrition from just plants, and in sufficient quantities. The worst part, is while you try to get your requirements, you'll be over doing a few things, most plants have in common (sugars). Our stomachs weren't built for the sort of bulk, and hard work of a herbivore, it's really small in comparison. Grazing animals do most of our dietary heavy lifting for us. We have a problem feeding people a healthy diet already, don't see how they plan on educating people sufficiently, to keep them alive on only plants. Fresh foods are healthier, the convient, pre-packaged, over processed stuff, with weird chemicals are what cause a lot of issues. Fortunately there are a lot of pills and supplements, to fix most of the problems, just ingest more weird chemicals...
07-02-2019 23:45
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Opiate for the masses, eh?
08-02-2019 04:16
(5193)
Into the Night wrote:
Opiate for the masses, eh?

Almost funny, but caught part of a news story the other day, about a state, that just passed legislation to fund places for addicts to go, and inject themselves safely. They are going to pay for sterile needles, medical training for staff, and overdose reversal drugs. Think it was California, maybe just the sort of thing they are famous for, and tend to give them credit. Just seems like just one step away from just legalizing any drug abuse, and encouraging more folks to give it a try. If people want to be self-destructive, and kill themselves, why prolong their journey to an early grave, usually they just cause a lot of grief for other people that get in their way. Most people get tested for drug use, before getting hired, and randomly later on. Makes it tough for a substance abuser to hold a job, beyond the obvious poor attendance, and performance, accidents. Their addicted, they need the stuff to survive, and will rob and kill to get what they need. It's never enough, doesn't last long, so they effect other people often, to satisfy their own destructive need.

Join the debate Save the planet, by not eating meat?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Only The Old Religions Can Save This Civilization From Total Collapse Destruction003-11-2023 02:36
Fresh Donkey Meat623-08-2023 17:26
The Technology Team & Some Entities Was, Are Preventing The Messiah To Save The World1702-08-2023 06:23
If Do Not Receive Support Next 120 Hours , My Conditions To Save This World Will Raise413-07-2023 05:43
Happy fourth of July. I wonder how many liberals are eating carbon cooked burgers106-07-2023 23:52
Articles
Barack Obama: Energy Independence and the Safety of Our Planet
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact