Remember me
▼ Content

Rising sea levels

Rising sea levels09-06-2019 05:44
Daft yank
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
This will not address human's contribution to global warming but in terms of rising sea levels could increasing the number of water treatment plants that convert sea water into fresh water through the process of osmosis.then we could fix the lack of access to fresh water on continents such as Africa but also we could use a substantial amount of converted sea water to maintain the the 100's of millions of trees needed to be planted in order to regulate the excess heat in our atmosphere. We would need at least 1000 water conversion plants and they could be payed for using the controversial carbon tax system.
09-06-2019 06:15
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Daft yank wrote:
This will not address human's contribution to global warming but in terms of rising sea levels could increasing the number of water treatment plants that convert sea water into fresh water through the process of osmosis.then we could fix the lack of access to fresh water on continents such as Africa but also we could use a substantial amount of converted sea water to maintain the the 100's of millions of trees needed to be planted in order to regulate the excess heat in our atmosphere. We would need at least 1000 water conversion plants and they could be payed for using the controversial carbon tax system.

I'll bite on this you d@mned Yankee because I'm from Ohio. Off with your head I say. We'll keel haul ya after we make you walk the plank!!! Friggin' land lovers.
You did mention individual facts which are correct. Can't say CO2 is responsible for warming and neither did you.
Green does refract solar radiation at a cooler temperature. Sea levels are rising. Before I become concerned about that, I'd need to know how that effects Elliot Bay in Seattle, WA.
It's been observed to be rising there since the 1800's. You can take the fairy (ITN) in Seattle.
Has it's rate of rise increased since 1950? This hasn't been mentioned in any CO2 warming scenario. This would help to differentiate between natural climate variation and man made warming.

If people accept physical observations then a simple question is if the rising tide in Seattle matches rising CO2 levels. That could be a "smoking gun" per se if you will.

There is a reason why the colour green refracts solar radiation at a lower temperature. It's being absorbed by I think the cytoplast to produce carbohydrates like glucose which is C6H12O6. That's if you get into organic chemistry which I don't.
Edited on 09-06-2019 06:55
09-06-2019 08:58
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Plants don't use the green wavelengths, leaves reflect them, that's what we see. Plants use red and blue. The also like a lot of CO2, and a warmer climate. There really is no man-made crisis here, everything is working toward a better planet, stronger, healthier plants, that produce more food for all living things.
09-06-2019 15:17
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Plants don't use the green wavelengths, leaves reflect them, that's what we see. Plants use red and blue. The also like a lot of CO2, and a warmer climate. There really is no man-made crisis here, everything is working toward a better planet, stronger, healthier plants, that produce more food for all living things.

Well put.

If someone were to mulch my garden for free and then it were to rain for an hour, I would be thinking "What luck! This is great for my garden!" I wouldn't be panicking that somehow we are all going to die.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-06-2019 20:32
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Daft yank wrote:

There is plenty of fresh water on the continent of Africa. Like any continent, it has its areas of rainforests, deserts, snow capped mountains. There happens to be a huge lake of freshwater right in the heart of Africa. The Nile provides so much fresh water an entire sophisticated civilization developed along it.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-06-2019 20:33
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Daft yank wrote:

I'll bite on this you d@mned Yankee because I'm from Ohio. Off with your head I say. We'll keel haul ya after we make you walk the plank!!! Friggin' land lovers.
You did mention individual facts which are correct. Can't say CO2 is responsible for warming and neither did you.
Green does refract solar radiation at a cooler temperature. Sea levels are rising. Before I become concerned about that, I'd need to know how that effects Elliot Bay in Seattle, WA.
It's been observed to be rising there since the 1800's. You can take the fairy (ITN) in Seattle.
Has it's rate of rise increased since 1950? This hasn't been mentioned in any CO2 warming scenario. This would help to differentiate between natural climate variation and man made warming.

If people accept physical observations then a simple question is if the rising tide in Seattle matches rising CO2 levels. That could be a "smoking gun" per se if you will.

There is a reason why the colour green refracts solar radiation at a lower temperature. It's being absorbed by I think the cytoplast to produce carbohydrates like glucose which is C6H12O6. That's if you get into organic chemistry which I don't.

Word salad. Buzzword fallacies.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-06-2019 21:13
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
"Freshwater on the continent of Africa".

Actually since the population of africa is projected to grow so much there is projected to be water shortages.
On the other hand, beneath the sahara desert there exists the largest aquifer in the world.
I expect they'll find an efficient way to access it when the time comes.
09-06-2019 22:07
(21582)
keepit wrote:
"Freshwater on the continent of Africa".

Actually since the population of africa is projected to grow so much there is projected to be water shortages.
On the other hand, beneath the sahara desert there exists the largest aquifer in the world.
I expect they'll find an efficient way to access it when the time comes.

Fortune telling. Which entrails are you using this time?

The Parrot Killer

09-06-2019 22:16
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Just "fake news" huh.

I misplaced my fake news meter.
09-06-2019 22:29
(14389)
keepit wrote: Actually since the population of africa is projected to grow so much there is projected to be water shortages.

Your statement is said to have been written in the passive voice. Who did this projecting and according to what model? It matters substantially.

If you were to say "The earth's temperature is projected to increase four degrees Fahrenheit over the next sixty years" ... I would summarily dismiss your assertion as crap unless you give me more information about this "projection" to consider.

Similarly, if you were to say "The sea level is projected to rise two inches over the next decade" ... I would dismiss this assertion in the same manner.

At the moment, consider your "projection" and asserted consequences to be dismissed until more information is provided. (yeah, I know, I'm being harsh ... but I prefer to remain consistent).

keepit wrote: On the other hand, beneath the sahara desert there exists the largest aquifer in the world.

Yes, and it exists under four countries who will not agree on how the aquifier resources are to be leveraged and/or protected. I would refer you to the history of the Gulf of Fonseca as to how 3rd World countries often address "territorial" disputes and perceived threats. All it will take is one spiteful government who perceives it is getting hosed by the others to ruin it for everyone.

keepit wrote:I expect they'll find an efficient way to access it when the time comes.

Of course I hope so. I truly hope so.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-06-2019 22:41
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
The United Nations projected this.
I don't think it's sensible to dismiss so many things that don't comport with the"Manual".
I don't know where the"Manual" came from. Never even heard of it before.
09-06-2019 22:48
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
This issue about SB law.
I still don't get your interpretation.
Just thinking here - it seems to me that the SB law refers to an ideal Black Body.
Look at Newton's idea of time and space. They were an ideal point of view.
Relativity refined point of view to include cases where gravity warped time and space in a way that varied from Newton's "ideal" space.
I think it's a fair analogy to say that greenhouse gasses make earth not an ideal Black Body in the same sense.
09-06-2019 22:51
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Is "fortune telling" and which "entrails" appropriate responses to UN projections?
09-06-2019 23:38
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I've got to tell a funny story about a friend of mine and the United Nations.
About 25 years ago this good friend and sensible guy had a good personality and talent.
He had a couple of defects though - he was sure that the United Nations had secret military bases hidden in the forests. Also, he got in a fight with a cop one time and tried to pull the cops head off of his body. Thank goodness he failed but didn't get arrested.
He told me one day in all seriousness, "Don't ever make me lose my temper. I'd never want to hurt you."
I never made him lose his temper and we were friends for a long time. Don't know where he is now. I heard he moved to Idaho.
09-06-2019 23:58
(14389)
keepit wrote: The United Nations projected this.

Well, if you knew the projection came from an organization with zero credibility, you should not have cited it.

keepit wrote: I don't think it's sensible to dismiss so many things that don't comport with the"Manual".

I think you miss the point. One should dimiss everything that comports with the MANUAL.

keepit wrote: I don't know where the"Manual" came from. Never even heard of it before.

It comes directly from the mouths and keyboards of many hundreds of warmizombies and "Climate Scientists."

10-06-2019 00:05
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
What scientist or organization claims the UN has no credibility?
Did the "Manual" get produced by climate scientists? Which climate scientists?
10-06-2019 00:07
(14389)
keepit wrote: This issue about SB law.

Stefan-Boltzmann is not poetry. There is no such thing as one's "interpretation."

Science is not subjective. There is no such thing as one's "interpretation."

Radiance = Temperature^4 * Emissivity * Botlzmann

There is no other "interpretation."

keepit wrote: Just thinking here - it seems to me that the SB law refers to an ideal Black Body.

Yes, it refers to ideal black bodies as well as all other black bodies. Stefan-Boltzmann applies to all matter, always, everywhere. I hope that clears that up for you.

keepit wrote: I think it's a fair analogy to say that greenhouse gasses make earth not an ideal Black Body in the same sense.

You are correct that the earth is not an ideal black body, but the reason is that there are no ideal black bodies anywhere in the universe, not because of non-existent magickal substances with miraculous superpowers to defy physics.

10-06-2019 00:13
(14389)
keepit wrote: What scientist or organization claims the UN has no credibility?

All that matters to me is that I find they have no credibility.

keepit wrote: Did the "Manual" get produced by climate scientists? Which climate scientists?

No, the warmizombies and "Climate Scientists" are responsible for the content.

The MANUAL has been peer reviewed by dozens of warmizombies and "Climate Scientists" and only one minor inaccuracy was ever uncovered and it was corrected on the spot.

Please ask your warmizombie and Climate Scientist friends to review it and to tell you if they find any inaccuracies. I have some influence with the author to get needed corrections made.

10-06-2019 00:17
(14389)
keepit wrote: He had a couple of defects though - he was sure that the United Nations had secret military bases hidden in the forests.

Did you ever get around to telling him that it's NATO that has the military bases?

Did you ever get around to telling him that the UN is full of countries that hate each other? ... that there would be no point in having any military bases that wouldn't know who to attack under orders from whom?

10-06-2019 08:32
(21582)
keepit wrote:
The United Nations projected this.
I don't think it's sensible to dismiss so many things that don't comport with the"Manual".
I don't know where the"Manual" came from. Never even heard of it before.

It started as a thread right here called the 'wordsmith', which I started.

This thread is similar to the 'Data Mine' thread. I simply asked for definitions of words, requiring the source of that definition.

What followed were a variety of definitions there the source was the Church of Global Warming. This idea spread to another forum and is currently maintained on Pollitplex.

Essentially then, The Manual is a dictionary.

The Parrot Killer

10-06-2019 08:37
(21582)
keepit wrote:
This issue about SB law.

There is nothing to interpret. It's an equation.
keepit wrote:
Just thinking here - it seems to me that the SB law refers to an ideal Black Body.

WRONG. You are attempting to remove the emissivity term from the equation. The Stefan-Boltzmann applies to ALL bodies. The idea black body is a reference point, not a limitation of the equation.
keepit wrote:
Look at Newton's idea of time and space. They were an ideal point of view.

WRONG. Newton did not have an idea of time an space. Einstein did. It also applies everywhere, all the time. Going in this direction is irrelevant. You are still denying the Stefan-Boltzmann law.
keepit wrote:
I think it's a fair analogy to say that greenhouse gasses make earth not an ideal Black Body in the same sense.

WRONG. You can't just change the Stefan-Boltzmann law by eliminating the emissivity term.

The Parrot Killer

10-06-2019 08:37
(21582)
keepit wrote:
Is "fortune telling" and which "entrails" appropriate responses to UN projections?

Yes.

The Parrot Killer

10-06-2019 08:40
(21582)
keepit wrote:
What scientist or organization claims the UN has no credibility?
Did the "Manual" get produced by climate scientists? Which climate scientists?

It was not produced. It simply came about as a thread on forums, including this one.

The Parrot Killer

10-06-2019 15:49
(14389)
keepit wrote:Did the "Manual" get produced by climate scientists? Which climate scientists?

Yes, in a sense. "Climate Scientists" inspired the content.

There were three main drivers to The Manual being what it is today:

1. Into the Night's ongoing dedication to information integrity inspired his creation of the "Word Smithy," a micro-forum in which semantics are thoroughly scrutinized, i.e. an incubator for truth and coherence of thought. Much of the core warmizombie doctrine was put under the semantic microscope and examined thoroughly.

2. Demand for the enlightening clarity thus produced grew on other boards, to includes requests for a separate MANUAL to help people navigate the confusing and often contradictory semantics filling the Church of Global Warming.

3. The content in The Manual was presented to hundreds of expert warmizombies and "Climate Scientists" who could find no inaccuracies ... except for one minor wording quibble that was fixed on the spot. Just like mainstream Muslims don't appreciate the Q'ran being translated into something other than Arabic, few warmizombies appreciated their Global Warming doctrine being translated into plain English. Nonetheless, none of it has been found to be inaccurate. The Manual received over a thousand hits in less than two weeks by people referencing it in Global Warming / Climate Change fora. There was no surprise that The Manual was accurate because the content came from all of them, from their posts on the Global Warming / Climate Change fora.

So all should feel free to use it in full confidence of the veracity of the content.

10-06-2019 18:22
(21582)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:Did the "Manual" get produced by climate scientists? Which climate scientists?

Yes, in a sense. "Climate Scientists" inspired the content.

There were three main drivers to The Manual being what it is today:

1. Into the Night's ongoing dedication to information integrity inspired his creation of the "Word Smithy," a micro-forum in which semantics are thoroughly scrutinized, i.e. an incubator for truth and coherence of thought. Much of the core warmizombie doctrine was put under the semantic microscope and examined thoroughly.

2. Demand for the enlightening clarity thus produced grew on other boards, to includes requests for a separate MANUAL to help people navigate the confusing and often contradictory semantics filling the Church of Global Warming.

3. The content in The Manual was presented to hundreds of expert warmizombies and "Climate Scientists" who could find no inaccuracies ... except for one minor wording quibble that was fixed on the spot. Just like mainstream Muslims don't appreciate the Q'ran being translated into something other than Arabic, few warmizombies appreciated their Global Warming doctrine being translated into plain English. Nonetheless, none of it has been found to be inaccurate. The Manual received over a thousand hits in less than two weeks by people referencing it in Global Warming / Climate Change fora. There was no surprise that The Manual was accurate because the content came from all of them, from their posts on the Global Warming / Climate Change fora.

So all should feel free to use it in full confidence of the veracity of the content.

Well described. That is exactly what it is and how it came about.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Rising sea levels:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Lake Mead water level is still rising in August, when it is ALWAYS falling. So snow melt is not the 15516-09-2023 13:46
Lake Mead Water Levels Stage A Comeback?431-05-2023 23:03
FASTER GLACIER MELTING MECHANISM COULD CAUSE HUGE SEA LEVEL RISES420-05-2023 19:54
Rip current in the Caspian Sea024-08-2022 11:59
Satellite Measurements-- Sea Level Rise7124-08-2022 01:36
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact