Remember me
▼ Content

Relevant Quotations

Relevant Quotations24-10-2016 17:55
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
On "greenhouse effect" violating physics:

"Faith means believing the unbelievable" - Gilbert K. Chesterton

"Faith is believing in something when common sense tells you not to." - From Miracle On 34th Street

"Faith allows things to happen. It is the power that comes from a fearless heart. And when a fearless heart believes, miracles happen." - Unknown

"Without faith a man can do nothing; with it all things are possible." - Sir William Osler

"Belief is a wise wager. Granted that faith cannot be proved, what harm will come to you if you gamble on its truth and it proves false? If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing." - Blaise Pascal

On believing in catastrophic "Climate" change:

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe." - Saint Augustine

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." - Corrie ten Boom

"None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith." - Paulo Coelho, Brida

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?" ― John Lennon

On trusting others that Global Warming is "settled science":

"Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe." - Voltaire

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."- Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Sometimes beautiful things come into our lives out of nowhere. We can't always understand them, but we have to trust in them. I know you want to question everything, but sometimes it pays to just have a little faith." - Lauren Kate

"I would rather err on the side of faith than on the side of doubt." - Robert Schuller

"Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking." - Khalil Gibran

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Join the debate Relevant Quotations:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
sealover, an actual PhD biogeochemist with relevant knowledge to share.3025-04-2022 22:58
Is Venus Relevant to Earth?3723-07-2019 04:32
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact