Remember me
▼ Content

Reaction: World Bank Steals Show at One Planet Summit by Phasing Out Upstream Oil and Gas Finance

Reaction: World Bank Steals Show at One Planet Summit by Phasing Out Upstream Oil and Gas Finance13-12-2017 02:05
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
PARIS, FRANCE — At the One Planet Summit in Paris, France, the World Bank announced, among other positive steps, that they "will no longer finance upstream oil and gas, after 2019."...

...The World Bank Group already has a policy in place that restricts support for coal-fired power plants and for thermal coal mining. With the addition of upstream oil and gas to thermal coal mining, this commitment means that the World Bank will no longer finance fossil fuel extraction after 2019, except in extreme cases....

http://priceofoil.org/2017/12/12/reaction-world-bank-upstream-oil-gas-finance/

Looks like they got religion.
13-12-2017 03:43
Into the Night
★★★★★
(6074)
monckton wrote:
PARIS, FRANCE — At the One Planet Summit in Paris, France, the World Bank announced, among other positive steps, that they "will no longer finance upstream oil and gas, after 2019."...

...The World Bank Group already has a policy in place that restricts support for coal-fired power plants and for thermal coal mining. With the addition of upstream oil and gas to thermal coal mining, this commitment means that the World Bank will no longer finance fossil fuel extraction after 2019, except in extreme cases....

http://priceofoil.org/2017/12/12/reaction-world-bank-upstream-oil-gas-finance/

Looks like they got religion.

Sure does.

The Parrot Killer
13-12-2017 04:44
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
It seemed pertinent.
I thought I'd race to mention it before you did.

Join the debate Reaction: World Bank Steals Show at One Planet Summit by Phasing Out Upstream Oil and Gas Finance:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Cities suing oil companies124-10-2018 12:12
Shale Gas: The Technological Gamble That Should Not Have Been Taken by Anthony Ingraffea2218-06-2018 23:52
Antarctic ice melting faster than ever, studies show3218-06-2018 22:14
Former Bank of Canada Head: Pipeline Protesters May Be Killed. So Be It.417-06-2018 18:57
Water Vapor is THE Dominant Greenhouse Gas1010-05-2018 00:58
Articles
Barack Obama: Energy Independence and the Safety of Our Planet
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2017 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact