Remember me
▼ Content

Positives on Global Warming

Page 2 of 2<12
07-02-2016 21:10
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Ceist wrote:
I would be very happy for IBdaMned and Into the Dark to prove me wrong and provide us all with a list of all the 'authoritative science sources' they have used to support their batshit-crazy scientifically illiterate junk-science claims.

However I suspect we'll be waiting till the 12th of Never.

Already have dude, already have. Of course you ignored THAT as batshit crazy too.

Your only purpose here seems to be to insult people. Well, everybody has to have a calling in life I suppose.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-02-2016 21:30
(21582)
Earthling wrote:
Into the Night wrote:You seem to have spent almost all your time on this forum nursing your hatred of anything outside your Religion. All you have contributed are baseless accusations, twisted wording, outright lies, and character assassinations without end. It must really suck to be you.
I see that you no longer reserve your rants for Russel's cesspool.
Are your outbursts worthwhile?

I've never reserved ANYTHING for Russell! Yes, they've been worthwhile. Some have actually been convinced by it. It managed to convince Russell to step it up quite a ways in the conversation for awhile. It has sometimes caused some of these idiots to get thrown off forums. To bad in Russell's case it was temporary.

I don't pull punches there, here, or anywhere. If someone is contributing nothing to the conversation, I will tell them so. The hatred spewed by people like this is destructive even to the cause of Global Warming. It is destructive to the forum its posted on. It is why some forum managers bar such people sometimes.

As I told Russell (and others), I would much rather discuss on a higher level of conversation than this. People learn things there, including you and me. When someone like Ceist or Russell drags the conversation down to a level of just bigoted hate, no one learns anything.

Yes...it's worth it.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-02-2016 01:06
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
spot wrote: seriously there is no dispute about the trend in sea levels except amongst wilfully ignorant liars on the internet

Of course. This is "settled science" right?

We are not to question what we are told to believe, right?

Seriously, there is no dispute about the trend in sea levels among warmizombies and the scientifically illiterate, right?

Science is all about obediently embracing the conclusions you are ordered to regurgitate, right?

What a gullible moron you are. I'm glad I'm not living in your world of hurt.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-02-2016 01:19
(14389)
Ceist wrote: I would be very happy for IBdaMned and Into the Dark to prove me wrong

Thank you for emphasizing my point yet again.

Religions are inherently unfalsifiable. Yours is no exception. As such, you cannot ever hope to show that your WACKY faith is true. Your only recourse, as you have demonstrated here, is to attempt to shift your burden of proof by demanding that others prove your WACKY faith to be false...which of course cannot be done because it's completely unfalsifiable.

Ceist wrote: and provide us all with a list of all the 'authoritative science sources' ...

The body of science. Nothing else is necessary. No one's opinion is needed. No consensus is required.

By the way, what do Ceist and Earthling-1 have in common?

1) Deep devotion to the WACKY Global Warming religion,

2) The desperate need to make their miserable selves feel smart and important by insulting those they recognize as being smarter than they are,

3) They both thought they were being clever by being the 14th and 15th people respectively to rewrite my name as IBDaMned.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-02-2016 12:23
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
IBdaMann wrote:
spot wrote: seriously there is no dispute about the trend in sea levels except amongst wilfully ignorant liars on the internet

Of course. This is "settled science" right?

We are not to question what we are told to believe, right?

Seriously, there is no dispute about the trend in sea levels among warmizombies and the scientifically illiterate, right?

Science is all about obediently embracing the conclusions you are ordered to regurgitate, right?

What a gullible moron you are. I'm glad I'm not living in your world of hurt.

And there are people who think that 911 was done by the Jews with space lasers, they are free to believe what they wish, even though it's absurd.

Thanks for defining "Science" for us but what did I do to deserve the bile and insults? You hurt my feelings
08-02-2016 12:32
(14389)
spot wrote: And there are people who think that 911 was done by the Jews with space lasers, they are free to believe what they wish, even though it's absurd.

Thank you for characterizing Global Warming dupes.

08-02-2016 18:56
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
You're the one thinking that NASA, NOAA Victorian scientists, the Royal Academy, High School Teachers the Mythbusters Team, to name a few are in on some vast conspiracy to fool people and and only you and a handful of people on the internet have superior knowledge of the LAWS OF PHYSICS that you can't express in a way that makes sense to anyone with training in physics.

You also call people Warmizombies whilst that's amusing it doesn't help if you want to be taken seriously

I'll leave it for an exercise for the reader to tell who is the Looney.
08-02-2016 19:27
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
spot wrote:
You're the one thinking that NASA, NOAA Victorian scientists, the Royal Academy, High School Teachers the Mythbusters Team, to name a few are in on some vast conspiracy to fool people and and only you and a handful of people on the internet have superior knowledge of the LAWS OF PHYSICS that you can't express in a way that makes sense to anyone with training in physics.

You also call people Warmizombies whilst that's amusing it doesn't help if you want to be taken seriously

What about Chinese and Indian and Russian scientists? They don't believe in global warming. In terms of numbers, they make up the vast majority of the world's scientists.
Edited on 08-02-2016 19:27
08-02-2016 19:50
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
spot wrote:

What about Chinese and Indian and Russian scientists? They don't believe in global warming. In terms of numbers, they make up the vast majority of the world's scientists.

Well you might have a point if it weren't complete and utter bollox.

http://opr.ca.gov/s_listoforganizations.php
08-02-2016 21:03
(21582)
spot wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
spot wrote:

Well you might have a point if it weren't complete and utter bollox.

http://opr.ca.gov/s_listoforganizations.php

Science organizations are political groups. Any opinion put out by them does not necessarily represent the opinion of all the members of that group. You are making the Consensus argument again through the use of a compositional fallacy.

I am well aware of the science literacy of your average high school science teacher. They are the reason so many people are so confused by Global Warming and science in general.

Mythbusters are special effects experts with a penchant for explosives and ballastics. They are not scientists. Many of their conclusions have been just flat wrong. They are not a science source at all.

NASA and NOAA are government agencies, subservient to the government agenda. Individual weather station logs are not as easily corruptible as the central data schlock they come up with. They are telling quite a different story than NOAA itself.

You cannot speak for Victorian scientists (or anybody else for that matter). You seem unaware of what they said that blows Global Warming models away.

Your use of the Royal Academy is particularly hilarious. There isn't one.

The Parrot Killer

08-02-2016 22:43
(14389)
spot wrote: You're the one thinking that NASA, NOAA Victorian scientists, the Royal Academy, High School Teachers the Mythbusters Team, to name a few are in on some vast conspiracy to fool people...

I don't know if I'd use the word "vast" when speaking about the collusion in question. If you think the word "vast" is appropriate then I'll defer to you on that one.

spot wrote: ... and and only you and a handful of people on the internet have superior knowledge of the LAWS OF PHYSICS that you can't express in a way that makes sense to anyone with training in physics.

Well, I certainly cannot express it in any way that would convince a fanatical Global Warming worshiper on a crusade to stamp out all dissenting viewpoints (including science).

spot wrote: You also call people Warmizombies whilst that's amusing it doesn't help if you want to be taken seriously

Nothing can help get a warmizombie to take science seriously.

08-02-2016 22:46
(14389)
Tai Hai Chen wrote: What about Chinese and Indian and Russian scientists? They don't believe in global warming. In terms of numbers, they make up the vast majority of the world's scientists.

Tai, warmizombies think that only devout warmizombies qualify as "scientists" because their religious dogma claims to be science.

09-02-2016 08:04
Stormy
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
Seriously, get rid of this guy. There is no reason to allow IBdaMann to post here. All he does is attack people and for what? What does he do all day? What is he hoping to achieve? Please MAC ban this peanut!
09-02-2016 13:15
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Into the Night wrote:
Science organizations are political groups. Any opinion put out by them does not necessarily represent the opinion of all the members of that group. You are making the Consensus argument again through the use of a compositional fallacy.

It must of been a job to to get them all to agree to something that isen't true my point still stands getting all these bodies taking such a strong position on an issue that according to you defies the fundemental laws of physics is highly improbable.

Into the Night wrote:
I am well aware of the science literacy of your average high school science teacher. They are the reason so many people are so confused by Global Warming and science in general.

You imagine that you are far beyond them?

Into the Night wrote:
Mythbusters are special effects experts with a penchant for explosives and ballastics. They are not scientists. Many of their conclusions have been just flat wrong. They are not a science source at all.

Someone else for you to be rude about, however we are disscussing one experiment that they did, to be fair to you it was your freind that suggested that they used "special lamps" for fooling people, you said that the differnce in the two containers that had holes drilled into them was pressure differnce, this would have been obvious to the people doing the experiment, for them to get it as wrong as you say they did they must have known and lied to the public.

Into the Night wrote:
NASA and NOAA are government agencies, subservient to the government agenda. Individual weather station logs are not as easily corruptible as the central data schlock they come up with. They are telling quite a different story than NOAA itself.

We are disscussing the fundemental laws of physics The Goverment agenda is to supress knowlege of that for some reason, the same agenda as every other goverment in a country with an acadamy, institute, socity or whatever.
Into the Night wrote:

You cannot speak for Victorian scientists (or anybody else for that matter). You seem unaware of what they said that blows Global Warming models away.

I cant speak for them nobody can they are dead, but anyone can read what they wrote, I allready linked Tyndall. If some other scientist found something that blows Global warming models away then it was off the record.

Into the Night wrote:

Your use of the Royal Academy is particularly hilarious. There isn't one.

Congratulations you caught out a mistake I made, it must of made your day, the difference bettween you and me is that I'm aware that I can make mistakes. You make them and then just lie rather then admit defeat out of pride.

It's the Royal Society of course;

https://royalsociety.org/topics-policy/projects/climate-evidence-causes/

All these people out to fool us is extreamly unlikely we might as well discuss the moon landing being faked.
09-02-2016 13:30
(14389)
Stormy wrote:
Seriously, get rid of this guy. There is no reason to allow IBdaMann to post here. All he does is attack people and for what? What does he do all day? What is he hoping to achieve? Please MAC ban this peanut!

You must be projecting.

All your posts are personal attacks that add no value to the forum.

09-02-2016 13:54
(14389)
spot wrote: It must of been a job to to get them all to agree to something that isen't true

Money does that.

spot wrote: this would have been obvious to the people doing the experiment, for them to get it as wrong as you say they did they must have known and lied to the public.

MythBusters is for entertainment purposes only. One would have to be extremely gullible and prone to believe the sensational (i.e. their target audience) to believe the show follows the scientific method.

Into the Night wrote: We are disscussing the fundemental laws of physics.

I don't recall you ever discussing any laws of physics. It would be humorous if you were to try, seeing as how your level of understanding makes you believe whatever mythbusters tells you to believe.

Into the Night wrote:
I cant speak for them nobody can they are dead, but anyone can read what they wrote, I allready linked Tyndall.

...and Tyndall has long since been shown to have been mistaken on this particular topic. You never got the memo.

Into the Night wrote:
If some other scientist found something that blows Global warming models away then it was off the record.

Global Warming is a religion. It is completely unfalsifiable, like Christianity. No one can "blow Global Warming models away" any more than anyone can blow away Christianity.

Into the Night wrote: All these people out to fool us is extreamly unlikely...

The likelihood of someone making a fool out gullible people is very high. Gullible people are always targeted by the unscrupulous. It happens every day. High-pressure sales pitches are tailored specifically for this.

Someone sure duped you on Global Warming.

09-02-2016 20:44
(21582)
IBdaMann wrote:
spot wrote: It must of been a job to to get them all to agree to something that isen't true

Money does that.

spot wrote: this would have been obvious to the people doing the experiment, for them to get it as wrong as you say they did they must have known and lied to the public.

MythBusters is for entertainment purposes only. One would have to be extremely gullible and prone to believe the sensational (i.e. their target audience) to believe the show follows the scientific method.

Into the Night wrote: We are disscussing the fundemental laws of physics.

I don't recall you ever discussing any laws of physics. It would be humorous if you were to try, seeing as how your level of understanding makes you believe whatever mythbusters tells you to believe.

Into the Night wrote:
I cant speak for them nobody can they are dead, but anyone can read what they wrote, I allready linked Tyndall.

...and Tyndall has long since been shown to have been mistaken on this particular topic. You never got the memo.

Into the Night wrote:
If some other scientist found something that blows Global warming models away then it was off the record.

Global Warming is a religion. It is completely unfalsifiable, like Christianity. No one can "blow Global Warming models away" any more than anyone can blow away Christianity.

Into the Night wrote: All these people out to fool us is extreamly unlikely...

The likelihood of someone making a fool out gullible people is very high. Gullible people are always targeted by the unscrupulous. It happens every day. High-pressure sales pitches are tailored specifically for this.

I never said any of these quotes. Spot did.

The Parrot Killer

09-02-2016 20:50
(14389)
Into the Night wrote:
I never said any of these quotes. Spot did.

My apologies. Good catch. I was copy-pasting without looking.

09-02-2016 20:52
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
IBdaMann wrote:

Money does that.

So It's a conspiracy then

IBdaMann wrote:

It's popular science they arent saying anything radical with that particular experiment, they are doing the same experiment we discussed, the same experiment the Tyndell did just a bit bigger and in mythbusters style, Don't flatter yourself it's basic stuff we are arguing over.

IBdaMann wrote:

I think we have been over this; the laws of physics are universal they apply to kitchen tables, television studios, labs as much as they apply to the atmosphere of Titan, Venus, Mars and of course Earth. that's the point I was making.

IBdaMann wrote:

Nobody got the memo there wasn't one. If there was you would not be alluding to it obliquely like its something everyone should know but your opponents don't you would be able to reference some work that addresses Tyndall's work.

IBdaMann wrote:

You're confused about simple english words again, whatever it is we are arguing over it isn't religion, if it were all of astrophysics would be religion for example, how does anyone know black holes actually exist?

And the phrase "blowing Global Warming models away" was used by your twin so take it up with him.

IBdaMann wrote:The likelihood of someone making a fool out gullible people is very high. Gullible people are always targeted by the unscrupulous. It happens every day. High-pressure sales pitches are tailored specifically for this.

Waffle, and again its secondary school general knowledge we are arguing over, stop thinking that your Plato.
09-02-2016 22:51
(14389)
spot wrote: So It's a conspiracy then

I use the word collusion.

spot wrote: It's popular science they arent saying anything radical with that particular experiment, they are doing the same experiment we discussed, the same experiment the Tyndell did just a bit bigger and in mythbusters style, Don't flatter yourself it's basic stuff we are arguing over.

It's not science. It's a parlor trick. Do you think a magician actually performs a miracle and makes a rabbit come into existence out of nothing or do you understand that there's a trick to it all?

Magicians normally don't try to push illogical beliefs upon their audiences after performing tricks but you're telling me that if someone were to perform that particular light-CO2 trick for you then s/he would be able to dupe you into believing that CO2 warms the atmosphere rather than the correct, simple explanation that CO2's absorption signature contains the IR band of the light.

That's not something of which to be proud.

spot wrote: I think we have been over this; the laws of physics are universal they apply to kitchen tables, television studios, labs as much as they apply to the atmosphere of Titan, Venus, Mars and of course Earth. that's the point I was making.

So you acknowledge that the laws of physics apply always, yes? You'll join me in chastising those who make desperately lame excuses like "The 2nd LoT doesn't apply to the earth because it's not a closed system," "Planck's Law only applies to ideal black bodies which don't exist," etc..., yes?

spot wrote: Nobody got the memo there wasn't one.

This topic has been covered extensively. I'm not interested in rehashing it completely, so I'll give you the basics.

1. Tyndall was not perfect; he made errors. In this particular case he merely was mistaken about a speculation.

2. Science evolves. That which was once considered science becomes falsified and is either corrected or discarded.

3. Tyndall published papers on his speculations. You dug up one in which he was mistaken. That's why his particular work that you are referencing never survived the scientific method and was never included in the body of science.

Please feel free to verify the above.

spot wrote: You're confused about simple english words again, whatever it is we are arguing over it isn't religion,

How is Global Warming more scientific that Christianity? Specifics, please.

10-02-2016 01:05
(21582)
spot wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You're confused about simple english words again, whatever it is we are arguing over it isn't religion, if it were all of astrophysics would be religion for example, how does anyone know black holes actually exist?

And the phrase "blowing Global Warming models away" was used by your twin so take it up with him.

We know black holes exist only because theory builds a model that describes such a thing, we have built mathematics to describe the effects of such a thing, then see observations that conform to that mathematics supporting such a thing.

The observation is not a proof. It is a piece of evidence only. The observation is not science. It is staring at the sky with a really cool set of glasses. The theory that makes the really cool spyglass can be used to make all kinds of lenses, including microscopes. The device itself is not science. It is an object. The observation made with the object is not science. It is an observation only.

If observation itself were a science, would we have a branch called wallology, or the study of a wall?

My use of the phrase "blowing Global Warming models away" is taken out of context. To re-insert the context, it was used to mean blowing Global Warming models away from science.

IBdaMann is quite right. You cannot destroy the Religion of Global Warming any more than you can destroy Christianity (or any other religion). It is also not possible to argue any religion by using the scientific method.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 10-02-2016 01:05
10-02-2016 01:32
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
IBdaMann wrote:
I use the word collusion.

You may use any word you wish the fact that they are able to lie about something so basic and fundamental and its only a few people on very lightly moderated talk boards that know the truth is a stupid idea.

IBdaMann wrote:
It's not science. It's a parlor trick. Do you think a magician actually performs a miracle and makes a rabbit come into existence out of nothing or do you understand that there's a trick to it all?

No its a demonstration of long known principles in chemistry, The word trick as your useing this implies something deliberately done to fool people. your having that trouble with commonly used english words again.

IBdaMann wrote:Magicians normally don't try to push illogical beliefs upon their audiences after performing tricks but you're telling me that if someone were to perform that particular light-CO2 trick for you then s/he would be able to dupe you into believing that CO2 warms the atmosphere rather than the correct, simple explanation that CO2's absorption signature contains the IR band of the light.

That's not something of which to be proud.

Nobody says that the CO2 itself warms the atmosphere itself you idiot what I am saying is that YOU don't understand secondary school science

IBdaMann wrote:
So you acknowledge that the laws of physics apply always, yes? You'll join me in chastising those who make desperately lame excuses like "The 2nd LoT doesn't apply to the earth because it's not a closed system," "Planck's Law only applies to ideal black bodies which don't exist," etc..., yes?

I'm saying that you don't understand the physics otherwise you wouldn't make assertions that can be so easily disproved .

IBdaMann wrote:
This topic has been covered extensively. I'm not interested in rehashing it completely, so I'll give you the basics.

1. Tyndall was not perfect; he made errors. In this particular case he merely was mistaken about a speculation.

2. Science evolves. That which was once considered science becomes falsified and is either corrected or discarded.

3. Tyndall published papers on his speculations. You dug up one in which he was mistaken. That's why his particular work that you are referencing never survived the scientific method and was never included in the body of science.

Please feel free to verify the above.

Verify it how? you won't provide a reference! The paper I dug up was never discarded, true the exact values of the heat absorption of different substances have been refined. However your assertions are untrue.

IBdaMann wrote:

Why am I wasting my time explaining simple concepts to you, It makes suppositions that can be tested, such as the test I invited you to do, The test I did like the mythbusters team tested and Tyndall tested all those years ago. your inability to understand is not my problem.
10-02-2016 02:33
(21582)
spot wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

No its a demonstration of long known principles in chemistry, The word trick as your useing this implies something deliberately done to fool people. your having that trouble with commonly used english words again.

He is not having trouble with anything. The demonstration is deliberately trying to fool people. It is deliberately trying to associate CO2 absorption with Global Warming. It is a parlor trick.

It doesn't matter the length of time it's been known in chemistry. All parlor tricks use chemistry, classical mechanics, or some other well known principle to work. You are somehow attempting to imply that they don't.

spot wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Why am I wasting my time explaining simple concepts to you, It makes suppositions that can be tested, such as the test I invited you to do, The test I did like the mythbusters team tested and Tyndall tested all those years ago. your inability to understand is not my problem.

He has no need to do the parlor trick himself to try to fool himself into believing Global Warming is caused by carbon dioxide. He has no need to fool himself into believing Global Warming is caused by oxygen absorbing UV either.

Your inability to separate the two and accept carbon dioxide absorption at face value and leave it that is the problem. Instead, you use the parlor trick to justify magick qualities of CO2. There is nothing special about CO2.

The Parrot Killer

Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Positives on Global Warming:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact