Remember me
▼ Content

Philosophically speaking, where to M2C2 denialists come from?

Philosophically speaking, where to M2C2 denialists come from?20-11-2015 11:37
trafnProfile picture★★★☆☆
(779)
Probably the same place as neo-nazi holocaust deniers, white supremacists, and homophobes.

[branner: last past of post removed]

The 2015 M2C2 (Global 9/11) Denialist Troll Awards

1st Place - Jep Branner - Our Stupid Administrator!
2nd Place - IBdaMann - Science IS cherry picking!
3rd Place - Into the Night - Mr. Nonsense numbers!
4th Place - Tim the plumber - The Drivel Queen!

Edited by branner on 20-11-2015 20:58
20-11-2015 11:49
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
I don't know where deniers of man's influence on climate come from because I have encountered very few such people.

I understand where the skeptics come from;

Those who understood basic science at school and are reasonably confident at taking very low risks.

These people are generally the do-ers of society.

Those who have the religion of seeing climate change as a catastrophic threat to the world are, in my experience, highly risk averse communists who don't actually do anything.

Try this as a question to show the difference;

What in your life and career have you done which involved choosing to take the not lowest risk option because you considered the likelyhood of reward worth it?

If you can't answer you are probably in the "the sky is falling" group.

Edited on 20-11-2015 11:49
RE: IBdaMann's denialist troll statement #78320-11-2015 18:43
trafnProfile picture★★★☆☆
(779)
IBdaMann wrote: Cherry-picking is the stuff of science. (link)

Only you could equate cherry picking with science!

The 2015 M2C2 (Global 9/11) Denialist Troll Awards

1st Place - Jep Branner - Our Stupid Administrator!
2nd Place - IBdaMann - Science IS cherry picking!
3rd Place - Into the Night - Mr. Nonsense numbers!
4th Place - Tim the plumber - The Drivel Queen!
20-11-2015 18:46
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
trafn wrote:

Well any scientist would. Cherry-picking is exactly how experiments are developed.

The fact that you don't understand this is not surprising.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
20-11-2015 20:29
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Tim the plumber wrote:
I don't know where deniers of man's influence on climate come from because I have encountered very few such people.

I understand where the skeptics come from;

Those who understood basic science at school and are reasonably confident at taking very low risks.

These people are generally the do-ers of society.

Those who have the religion of seeing climate change as a catastrophic threat to the world are, in my experience, highly risk averse communists who don't actually do anything.

Try this as a question to show the difference;

What in your life and career have you done which involved choosing to take the not lowest risk option because you considered the likelyhood of reward worth it?

If you can't answer you are probably in the "the sky is falling" group.

You present an interesting test, especially when considering the communists that are perfectly willing to take risks to achieve their ends. Could there be a confusion of the useful idiot versus the communist leaders?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-11-2015 20:42
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
trafn wrote:

Every experiment, every observation, every little fact you gather is a form of cherry picking, based on the model of the universe you have in your head. No one is free of this. You design an experiment to collect the kind of data you reckon you're going to find. Generic data, such as a temperature measurement, is used the same way.

This is why I insist on presenting raw data instead of something cooked, and knowing how it was collected. Then people can make up their own minds.

Take the CO2 instrumentation for example. This instrument works by passing air slowly past an infrared sensor (an LED and transistor). Since many gases absorb infrared, who is to say that all you are measuring is CO2? These diodes are not that pure in their light output and the transistor is not that pure in sensitivity to a particular color of light. In addition, other gases absorb infrared at many of the same frequencies as CO2.

Such an instrument could quite possibly be measuring something else along with the CO2, even though it was calibrated using known samples of CO2.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 20-11-2015 20:43
21-11-2015 02:23
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
Tim the plumber wrote:

I don't know where climate lemmings get their delusion that "climate" is somehow defined in science?

To me, "climate" is the temperature inside my car and of course it requires a person to adjust the settings. It's just that "climate control" is not defined in science either.

Tim the plumber wrote: Those who have the religion of seeing climate change as a catastrophic threat to the world are, in my experience, highly risk averse communists who don't actually do anything.

Marxism is a primary driving force behind Global Warming.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Join the debate Philosophically speaking, where to M2C2 denialists come from?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Speaking of morgues, Harvard is now majoring in selling human body parts015-06-2023 03:18
Joe Biden speaking his two most famous words ever111-03-2023 05:57
Physically Speaking614-01-2021 20:51
Is M2C2 a matter of the method of interpretation?223-10-2018 02:22
Who are the Denialists?2322-11-2017 22:04
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact