Remember me
▼ Content

Northern Hemisphere Warming


Northern Hemisphere Warming15-08-2018 03:38
James___
★★★☆☆
(739)
I find this almost funny because it's what I've been talking about for the time I've been in this forum. As for the 4 years, it'll probably be more than that.

This summer's heat has shattered records around the Northern Hemisphere, from Algeria to Canada and Japan to California. New research suggests this could be only the beginning of a four-year global "warm spell.


https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/ec986de4-5317-38b9-9166-9fb2111fa125/ss_the-heat-is-on-for-4-more.html

..The USA Today, same story.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/science/2018/08/14/global-warming-least-4-more-years-extreme-temperatures-likely/986099002/
15-08-2018 15:25
James___
★★★☆☆
(739)
..This is why I think more research needs to be done. There's too much information that is stand alone information. What I'd be interested in knowing are the temperatures in Russia. It's 4 times larger than the U.S. and this means that if the Arctic Vortex expands because of a high pressure system over the Arctic then Russia would show the effects of warming more than the U.S.
..Please remember, I'm not sold on the idea that gasses are the primary cause of warming. Another reason why I support more research.
..Russia has been losing permafrost in Siberia which is telling. https://thinkprogress.org/methane-bubbles-arctic-769bf3f1b099/

Warming Hiatus
https://eos.org/scientific-press/study-sheds-new-insights-into-global-warming-hiatus
15-08-2018 19:49
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5881)
James___ wrote:
I find this almost funny because it's what I've been talking about for the time I've been in this forum. As for the 4 years, it'll probably be more than that.

This summer's heat has shattered records around the Northern Hemisphere, from Algeria to Canada and Japan to California. New research suggests this could be only the beginning of a four-year global "warm spell.


https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/ec986de4-5317-38b9-9166-9fb2111fa125/ss_the-heat-is-on-for-4-more.html

..The USA Today, same story.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/science/2018/08/14/global-warming-least-4-more-years-extreme-temperatures-likely/986099002/


It is not possible to measure the temperature of the north hemisphere of Earth.

Records have been broken every year since we began keeping records.


The Parrot Killer
15-08-2018 19:54
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5881)
James___ wrote:
..This is why I think more research needs to be done. There's too much information that is stand alone information.

None really. You keep bringing up these random numbers that people manufacture.
James___ wrote:
What I'd be interested in knowing are the temperatures in Russia.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of Russia.
James___ wrote:
It's 4 times larger than the U.S. and this means that if the Arctic Vortex expands because of a high pressure system over the Arctic

There is no 'Arctic Vortex'. This is a media invention.
James___ wrote:
then Russia would show the effects of warming more than the U.S.

The Arctic is made up of cold air. How does this cause 'warming'?
James___ wrote:
..Please remember, I'm not sold on the idea that gasses are the primary cause of warming.

Not possible.
James___ wrote:
Another reason why I support more research.
..Russia has been losing permafrost in Siberia which is telling. https://thinkprogress.org/methane-bubbles-arctic-769bf3f1b099/

No, it hasn't. A magazine article is not data.
James___ wrote:
Warming Hiatus
https://eos.org/scientific-press/study-sheds-new-insights-into-global-warming-hiatus

Magazine articles are not data.


The Parrot Killer
15-08-2018 20:46
James___
★★★☆☆
(739)
..Sadly, itn's reply is the sum total of his life.
01-09-2018 02:11
Wake
★★★★★
(3417)
James___ wrote:
..Sadly, itn's reply is the sum total of his life.


Unfortunately it is. As for the temperature "increases" - those are generated by land based thermometers which can no longer be considered reliable. Satellite data has shown totally different information than that being published by NASA.


http://www.drroyspencer.com/latest-global-temperatures/

These are whole Earth temperatures reporting Mean Global Temperatures.
01-09-2018 10:09
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5881)
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
..Sadly, itn's reply is the sum total of his life.


Unfortunately it is. As for the temperature "increases" - those are generated by land based thermometers which can no longer be considered reliable. Satellite data has shown totally different information than that being published by NASA.


http://www.drroyspencer.com/latest-global-temperatures/

These are whole Earth temperatures reporting Mean Global Temperatures.


Satellites are incapable of measuring the temperature of the Earth. They can only measure light.


The Parrot Killer
05-09-2018 01:25
James___
★★★☆☆
(739)
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
..Sadly, itn's reply is the sum total of his life.


Unfortunately it is. As for the temperature "increases" - those are generated by land based thermometers which can no longer be considered reliable. Satellite data has shown totally different information than that being published by NASA.


http://www.drroyspencer.com/latest-global-temperatures/

These are whole Earth temperatures reporting Mean Global Temperatures.



...I am somewhat skeptical about how satellite data is interpreted. I haven't seen where real time monitoring supports it. It would be nice to see where they show that one agrees with the other. The odd part of this might be that it's mercury denotes temperature. Mercury thermometers have been around for centuries.
Edited on 05-09-2018 01:29
05-09-2018 02:20
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5881)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
..Sadly, itn's reply is the sum total of his life.


Unfortunately it is. As for the temperature "increases" - those are generated by land based thermometers which can no longer be considered reliable. Satellite data has shown totally different information than that being published by NASA.


http://www.drroyspencer.com/latest-global-temperatures/

These are whole Earth temperatures reporting Mean Global Temperatures.



...I am somewhat skeptical about how satellite data is interpreted.

You should be. Satellites are incapable of measuring temperature. They only measure light.
James___ wrote:
It would be nice to see where they show that one agrees with the other.

They can't. Satellites are incapable of measuring temperature.
James___ wrote:
The odd part of this might be that it's mercury denotes temperature.

WRONG. Mercury by itself does not indicate temperature (unless it freezes or vaporizes). You need to put it in a sealed glass tube with a capillary to use it as a medium in a thermometer.
James___ wrote:
Mercury thermometers have been around for centuries.

So have alcohol thermometers (the most common type), locked density thermometers, etc. The bimetallic and electronic thermometers have been around quite awhile too, though not for centuries.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 05-09-2018 02:22
05-09-2018 03:38
James___
★★★☆☆
(739)
Into the Night wrote:

WRONG. Mercury by itself does not indicate temperature (unless it freezes or vaporizes). You need to put it in a sealed glass tube with a capillary to use it as a medium in a thermometer.



...Gosh, this was done centuries ago. It's difficult to say anything when you have no understanding of science.




Join the debate Northern Hemisphere Warming:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Northern hemisphere sees in early spring due to global warming11113-03-2017 18:18
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2017 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact