Remember me
▼ Content

No AGW Conspiracy?


No AGW Conspiracy?22-09-2017 00:45
Wake
★★★★★
(3897)
In September of 2016 NOAA showed several spots on the globe as having record temperatures. The interesting thing about this is that in those particular areas (central Africa and the middle east) NOAA didn't have one single temperature monitoring station.

And the satellite temperature record showed perfectly normal temperatures in those same areas.

While we're being pummeled by the claim of global warming the average September temperatures across the US have actually been falling since 1920 or so. Winters have been starting earlier and lasting longer.

The arctic sea ice extent is up 25% since 2012. We have seen NOAA claims that the North Pole was 36 degrees warmer than normal. So how is the arctic ice pack growing?

What about those melting glaciers on Greenland? Well, in fact the glaciers have been growing! Satellite imagery plainly shows that major Greenland glacier is not only significantly larger but spreading.

The same thing with the Antarctic ice shelf - it isn't shrinking but is increasing. A couple of years ago Greenpeace sent a ship to the Antarctic to "prove" global warming was going to destroy the world. What happened? They got stuck in the ice pack and needed a US Ice Breaker to bail them out.

Colorado University started making claims of increasing sea levels when since 2004 the increases in sea levels as measured by NOAA tide gauges has been steadily decreasing. The satellite data for sea level changes requires precision of thousandths of an inch so orbital decay is the likely reason for the difference between the NOAA tide gauges and the papers coming out of the University of Colorado. Well they do get subsidies for finding more danger to the human race.

NASA has also been committing a fraud concerning sea level increases. In 1995 NASA started measuring sea level with satellites. And at that time they added something called "isostatic adjustment". This is a theoretical falling of the sea floor due to the sinking of the Earth's mantle as the core cools. So they add something like 10-12 thousands of an inch sea level rise each year despite the fact that no one has ever measured this and because of this from the start of using the satellite measurements the sea level growth doubled overnight.

Do you understand this? If sea levels stayed totally the same NASA would be claiming that it is growing by a quarter millimeter a year.

Do you suppose that anyone is going to catch on? Unlikely since the government is offering a tax burden of approximately 9% nationwide. With this sort of money they're going to use every deceit in the book to continue their uninterrupted growth.
22-09-2017 09:16
Into the Night
★★★★★
(6978)
Wake wrote:
In September of 2016 NOAA showed several spots on the globe as having record temperatures. The interesting thing about this is that in those particular areas (central Africa and the middle east) NOAA didn't have one single temperature monitoring station.

NOAA was quoting information from stations located there. NOAA operates no stations outside of the lower 48 of the United States.

Wake wrote:
And the satellite temperature record showed perfectly normal temperatures in those same areas.

Satellites are not capable of measuring absolute temperature.
Wake wrote:
While we're being pummeled by the claim of global warming the average September temperatures across the US have actually been falling since 1920 or so.

It is not possible to determine the temperature of the United States.
Wake wrote:
Winters have been starting earlier and lasting longer.

Nope. Winter begins on Winter solstice and ends on the spring equinox. It's the same every year.
Wake wrote:
The arctic sea ice extent is up 25% since 2012.

The extent has improved. It seems the volcanic ridge that was melting the Arctic ice is settling down again.
Wake wrote:
We have seen NOAA claims that the North Pole was 36 degrees warmer than normal. So how is the arctic ice pack growing?

NOAA claims a lot of shit. There is no weather station on the north pole. We don't know the temperature there on any kind of regular basis. Occasionally, a submarine will stop and measure it.

Wake wrote:
What about those melting glaciers on Greenland? Well, in fact the glaciers have been growing! Satellite imagery plainly shows that major Greenland glacier is not only significantly larger but spreading.

Spreading? To where? Greenland is completely covered in ice except for right against the southern coasts during the winter, just like usual.
Wake wrote:
The same thing with the Antarctic ice shelf - it isn't shrinking but is increasing.

This is true.
Wake wrote:
A couple of years ago Greenpeace sent a ship to the Antarctic to "prove" global warming was going to destroy the world. What happened? They got stuck in the ice pack and needed a US Ice Breaker to bail them out.

That WAS rather hilarious! I hope they got the bill for being so stupid.
Wake wrote:
Colorado University started making claims of increasing sea levels when since 2004 the increases in sea levels as measured by NOAA tide gauges has been steadily decreasing.

It is not possible to measure sea level. We have no valid reference.
Wake wrote:
The satellite data for sea level changes requires precision of thousandths of an inch so orbital decay is the likely reason for the difference between the NOAA tide gauges and the papers coming out of the University of Colorado.

The satellites the the UOC uses reference back to a beacon station located in Boulder, CO. The satellites can reference themselves to this beacon station, but the station itself moves with the land, just like the tidal stations do.
Wake wrote:
Well they do get subsidies for finding more danger to the human race.

We will examine this statement later, when you repeat the same basic argument.
Wake wrote:
NASA has also been committing a fraud concerning sea level increases. In 1995 NASA started measuring sea level with satellites.

Not possible to determine sea level. We have no valid reference point that is anywhere near that accurate.
Wake wrote:
And at that time they added something called "isostatic adjustment". This is a theoretical falling of the sea floor due to the sinking of the Earth's mantle as the core cools. So they add something like 10-12 thousands of an inch sea level rise each year despite the fact that no one has ever measured this and because of this from the start of using the satellite measurements the sea level growth doubled overnight.

Typical. Adjusting random numbers so they look like better random numbers.
Wake wrote:
Do you understand this? If sea levels stayed totally the same NASA would be claiming that it is growing by a quarter millimeter a year.

NASA does not have the capability to measure absolute sea level accurately.
Wake wrote:
Do you suppose that anyone is going to catch on? Unlikely since the government is offering a tax burden of approximately 9% nationwide. With this sort of money they're going to use every deceit in the book to continue their uninterrupted growth.

We now revisit this argument.

Government does not produce a profit. The metric of success in government (or any government agency) is not profit. It must use something else. That something else is to find ways to justify its own existence, and its growth.

Government operates under the appearance of solving problems. If it actually DID, though, there would be no need for it. This is also true of any government agency.

It therefore spends much of its time CREATING problems, so it can ride to the rescue like the cavalry and 'solve' it. It never actually solves it, since that would be counterproductive to the one success metric that government has.

The first purpose of government is to justify itself, and expand itself. THIS is the only success metric in government, since there is no profit motive. It MUST justify the taxes and laws it produces.

You are completely correct about government wanting to use every trick in the book to justify their own expansion. The University of Colorado is a government agency. Like the others, it must constantly be crying 'wolf' to get its funding. It might even go so far as to release a real 'wolf' to justify funding for capturing it again.


The Parrot Killer
Join the debate No AGW Conspiracy?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
If you believe in the AGW concept and want change but you909-01-2019 22:30
What exactly is the evidence that AGW is happening or609-01-2019 10:33
Serious question, is there any data on how many people that believe in AGW106-01-2019 21:35
Proffessor Brian Cox vs Conspiracy theorist Australian Senator14211-12-2018 20:27
The Argument for AGW6415-01-2018 23:52
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact