Remember me
▼ Content

Nice video on cloud forcing

Nice video on cloud forcing22-05-2018 16:09
Leitwolf
★☆☆☆☆
(117)
I looked up the temperature record for this place, which was about 12°C on that day on average. However the video was taken in the morning, so they had to be below that average, likely <10°C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5LovP3WN4M

The video itself is not at all about climate science or so, but just meant to show off a high quality FLIR cam. I looked that up too, and it costs well beyond 20.000 Dollars. Yet it teaches a lot on climate, or should I say the GHE, and what is totally wrong with it.

The opaque clouds here easily have 5°C, which means they will shine as much radiation downward as the surface would emit upward. The FLIR cam of course does not measure temperature, but LWIR radiation, regardless of the source. So it could be emitted or reflected, we do not know.

But with clouds like these sending that much radiation downward, essentially as much as the surface emits, we can make an assessment on total cloud forcing, by simply assuming an average cloud coverage. If the sky was covered by 30%, we might assume 390W/m2 * 0.3 = 117W/m2 of cloud forcing.

Now that is just guessing, but any reasonable percentage for average cloud cover, will give you a massive result for cloud forcing. But that observation stands in stark contrast to the GHE as it is usually understood. The IPCC for instance says cloud forcing was only 30W/m2, out of a total GHE of 150W/m2. Clouds then would account for only 20% of the GHE. But that is impossibly true.

For the reasons named, cloud forcing will easily be in the 100W/m2+ region, which means it constitutes for most of the "GHE", rather than any "GHGs". Next the GHE is not quite that large in the first place, as surface emissivity is somewhat smaller than 1. Realistically emissivity is about 0.92, which at given temperatures means 360W/m2 (rather than 390) vs. 240W/m2 of solar input. So the GHE is just 120W/m2 rather than 150W/m2.

Cloud forcing does account for almost all of the 120W/m2, which destroys the GHE theory completely.
Edited on 22-05-2018 16:11
22-05-2018 17:37
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21592)
Leitwolf wrote:
I looked up the temperature record for this place, which was about 12°C on that day on average. However the video was taken in the morning, so they had to be below that average, likely <10°C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5LovP3WN4M

The video itself is not at all about climate science or so, but just meant to show off a high quality FLIR cam. I looked that up too, and it costs well beyond 20.000 Dollars. Yet it teaches a lot on climate, or should I say the GHE, and what is totally wrong with it.

The opaque clouds here easily have 5°C, which means they will shine as much radiation downward as the surface would emit upward. The FLIR cam of course does not measure temperature, but LWIR radiation, regardless of the source. So it could be emitted or reflected, we do not know.

But with clouds like these sending that much radiation downward, essentially as much as the surface emits, we can make an assessment on total cloud forcing, by simply assuming an average cloud coverage. If the sky was covered by 30%, we might assume 390W/m2 * 0.3 = 117W/m2 of cloud forcing.

Now that is just guessing, but any reasonable percentage for average cloud cover, will give you a massive result for cloud forcing. But that observation stands in stark contrast to the GHE as it is usually understood. The IPCC for instance says cloud forcing was only 30W/m2, out of a total GHE of 150W/m2. Clouds then would account for only 20% of the GHE. But that is impossibly true.

For the reasons named, cloud forcing will easily be in the 100W/m2+ region, which means it constitutes for most of the "GHE", rather than any "GHGs". Next the GHE is not quite that large in the first place, as surface emissivity is somewhat smaller than 1. Realistically emissivity is about 0.92, which at given temperatures means 360W/m2 (rather than 390) vs. 240W/m2 of solar input. So the GHE is just 120W/m2 rather than 150W/m2.

Cloud forcing does account for almost all of the 120W/m2, which destroys the GHE theory completely.

You can't use a colder cloud to warm a warmer surface.

Heat never flows from cold to hot. Clouds don't 'force' anything.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Join the debate Nice video on cloud forcing:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
LOL, this video is of a Bessler Wheel demonstrating a complete lack of perpetual motion011-12-2023 20:44
All Video Games Should Add This New "Happy Ending" Feature Mode For Better Society413-07-2023 19:24
AI Robot Soldier Video1101-07-2023 03:34
Breaking news... Uncensored Trump backup secret camera video of the FBI raid on Trumps home216-08-2022 14:23
I call this a really really sexy video002-08-2022 03:19
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact