Remember me
▼ Content

New Posters beware!



Page 1 of 212>
New Posters beware!04-09-2016 09:36
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
New posters beware!

This forum is almost completely neglected by it's owner and is virtually unmoderated, so it has become the last refuge of a small handful of hardcore science deniers and conspiracy theorists who exhibit strong signs of mental illness - including personality disorders, autism spectrum disorders, narcissistic irrational and delusional thinking, emotional dis-regulation, paranoia, pathological lying, and abusive sociopathic manipulative behavior.

They have probably been banned from other forums for their poor behavior just as much as for their trolling of utterly irrational scientifically illiterate crackpot ideas.

Post at your own risk.





Edited on 04-09-2016 09:45
04-09-2016 14:34
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
I think it's best not to get too wound up about it. I'm fully aware that posters like IBdaMann and Into the Night have no intention at all of engaging in rational discussion, but one can still use their posts as a trigger for discussion. Just patiently point out the inconsistencies in their thinking for the benefit of any lurkers - sometimes answering even the stupidest of questions can help clarify one's own thoughts.

Also, try to resist the temptation to return abuse. Abuse always reflects badly on the abuser, so let them throw away their credibility and look after yours! Stay calm, ignore the abuse, and stick to the science. You can always walk away if you get too annoyed/bored.
04-09-2016 14:43
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1250)
I have suggested a "Place your bets" section of the forum where 2 parties only could post in the main Thread with others limited to a side bar or some such.

This would bejudged by an agreed 3rd party who would decied the winner. 10% of the money placed would go to pay the judge. Side bets included.

Finding suitable judges would often be tricky but there should be a way of doing it somehow.

The owner of the site was less than enthusiastic but perhaps with more support and suggestions from the rest of us...

Edited on 04-09-2016 14:44
04-09-2016 23:28
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
Ceist wrote:
New posters beware!

This forum is almost completely neglected by it's owner and is virtually unmoderated, so it has become the last refuge of a small handful of hardcore science deniers and conspiracy theorists who exhibit strong signs of mental illness - including personality disorders, autism spectrum disorders, narcissistic irrational and delusional thinking, emotional dis-regulation, paranoia, pathological lying, and abusive sociopathic manipulative behavior.

They have probably been banned from other forums for their poor behavior just as much as for their trolling of utterly irrational scientifically illiterate crackpot ideas.

Post at your own risk.



Can you point me to a site where there is rational discussions of climate change? I'm interested in learning more about the science.
05-09-2016 01:25
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
Ceist wrote:
New posters beware!

This forum is almost completely neglected by it's owner and is virtually unmoderated, so it has become the last refuge of a small handful of hardcore science deniers and conspiracy theorists who exhibit strong signs of mental illness - including personality disorders, autism spectrum disorders, narcissistic irrational and delusional thinking, emotional dis-regulation, paranoia, pathological lying, and abusive sociopathic manipulative behavior.

They have probably been banned from other forums for their poor behavior just as much as for their trolling of utterly irrational scientifically illiterate crackpot ideas.

Post at your own risk.


Spoken like a true coward of opposing viewpoints.

Have you made any headway on understanding Planck's Law?


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
05-09-2016 01:33
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
Hank wrote:Can you point me to a site where there is rational discussions of climate change? I'm interested in learning more about the science.

You are interested in pursuing your WACKY religious faith which you confusingly call "The Science" (no relation to actual science).

You have shown here in this forum that you want nothing to do with discussing actual science, that you FEAR different perspectives and that you are too much of an intellectual coward to hold an honest discussion.

I wish you luck finding a forum that fits your niche.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
05-09-2016 13:05
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
IBdaMann wrote:
Hank wrote:Can you point me to a site where there is rational discussions of climate change? I'm interested in learning more about the science.

You are interested in pursuing your WACKY religious faith which you confusingly call "The Science" (no relation to actual science).

You have shown here in this forum that you want nothing to do with discussing actual science, that you FEAR different perspectives and that you are too much of an intellectual coward to hold an honest discussion.

I wish you luck finding a forum that fits your niche.


.


What the hell is wrong with you? What business is it of yours what I want to do? How immature can you get?
05-09-2016 13:34
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
Hank wrote:What business is it of yours what I want to do?/


What? Not even a "thank you"? I support your right to believe whatever WACKY religion you wish, no matter how stupidly illogical and contradictory to physics.

What a rude, thankless and scientifically illiterate prikk you are.

Have a great Stefan-Boltzmann day.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
05-09-2016 13:38
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
IBdaMann wrote:
Hank wrote:What business is it of yours what I want to do?/


What? Not even a "thank you"? I support your right to believe whatever WACKY religion you wish, no matter how stupidly illogical and contradictory to physics.

What a rude, thankless and scientifically illiterate prikk you are.

Have a great Stefan-Boltzmann day.


.


What business is it of yours what I want to do?
05-09-2016 13:54
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
Hank wrote:What business is it of yours what I want to do?

You desperately try to make it my business, for some unknown reason, by plastering it all over a public forum like it's a billboard.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
05-09-2016 14:00
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
IBdaMann wrote:
Hank wrote:What business is it of yours what I want to do?

You desperately try to make it my business, for some unknown reason, by plastering it all over a public forum like it's a billboard.


.


What business is it of yours what I want to do? If I'd been trying to make it your business I would have directed the post to one of your posts.
05-09-2016 16:06
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
Hank wrote:What business is it of yours what I want to do? .

I see you are asking again? Are you looking for a different answer?

Let's discuss what you want. You seek a forum of mutually supportive gibber-babblers who support each other in role-playing pretend "smart people."

Of course you NEED for this activity to operate under the overarching theme of "Climate worship" to make you feel good in that respect as well.

What you DON'T want is the cold, harsh reality of actual science as discussed by actual smart people because you have no hope of appearing smart yourself and, more importantly, you won't be able to get your religious "high."

This forum, as you have already noticed, is not for you. I don't have any suggestions for you because you want a very ecclectic forum. Where are you going to find a forum with moderators who keep out actual science, e.g. Stefan-Boltzmann? ...or who keep out smart people?


I wish you luck in finding what you seek.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Edited on 05-09-2016 16:09
05-09-2016 16:30
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
IBdaMann wrote:
Hank wrote:What business is it of yours what I want to do? .

I see you are asking again? Are you looking for a different answer?

Let's discuss what you want. You seek a forum of mutually supportive gibber-babblers who support each other in role-playing pretend "smart people."

Of course you NEED for this activity to operate under the overarching theme of "Climate worship" to make you feel good in that respect as well.

What you DON'T want is the cold, harsh reality of actual science as discussed by actual smart people because you have no hope of appearing smart yourself and, more importantly, you won't be able to get your religious "high."

This forum, as you have already noticed, is not for you. I don't have any suggestions for you because you want a very ecclectic forum. Where are you going to find a forum with moderators who keep out actual science, e.g. Stefan-Boltzmann? ...or who keep out smart people?


I wish you luck in finding what you seek.


.


You're too stupid to realize you don't even know that you've never answered the question. What business is it of yours what I want to do?
05-09-2016 16:42
branner
AdministratorProfile picture☆☆☆☆☆
(31)
Please note that personal attacks are not welcome on Climate-Debate.com. I know that the forum has not been moderated so much lately, but users have been banned before, and that could easily happen again.

Therefore: Stop talking about mental illnesses or calling each other names. Surface Detail had a good advice, which I would like to copy: "Stay calm, ignore the abuse, and stick to the science."

Please send me a Private Message if something needs my immediate attention.

And to the new users: Welcome to Climate-Debate.com. I'm fully aware that this can be a tough place, but I hope you will help pushing it in a good direction. I still hope to get more time to moderate soon.
05-09-2016 16:54
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
Hank wrote:You're too stupid to realize you don't even know that you've never answered the question. What business is it of yours what I want to do?

So you want to discuss the disadvantages of being gullible.

For one thing, others will abuse your trust. Your church did that to you. In fact your emanating scientific illiteracy serves as a homing beacon for warmizombies and climate lemmings everywhere who want to use you for some political purpose.

Additionally, you will treat those who are mistaken as though they are correct and will consider even the WACKIEST of religious dogmas to be "settled science."

Also, you have no way of discerning the friendly, charismatic person from he whose argument stands on his own. When an idea appeals to you because the messenger appeals to you, that feeling becomes your determinant of "truth." On the other hand, the person you don't like but who affords you a compelling argument does not give you that same feeling and thus you reject it, i.e. good-bye Stefan-Boltzmann!

Best of luck with that.



.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
05-09-2016 17:58
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
IBdaMann wrote:
Hank wrote:You're too stupid to realize you don't even know that you've never answered the question. What business is it of yours what I want to do?

So you want to discuss the disadvantages of being gullible.

For one thing, others will abuse your trust. Your church did that to you. In fact your emanating scientific illiteracy serves as a homing beacon for warmizombies and climate lemmings everywhere who want to use you for some political purpose.

Additionally, you will treat those who are mistaken as though they are correct and will consider even the WACKIEST of religious dogmas to be "settled science."

Also, you have no way of discerning the friendly, charismatic person from he whose argument stands on his own. When an idea appeals to you because the messenger appeals to you, that feeling becomes your determinant of "truth." On the other hand, the person you don't like but who affords you a compelling argument does not give you that same feeling and thus you reject it, i.e. good-bye Stefan-Boltzmann!

Best of luck with that.



.


You may well be the dumbest person I've ever encountered. You still don't even realize that you have never answered the question. What business is it of yours what I want to do?
05-09-2016 18:58
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
Hank wrote:You may well be the dumbest person I've ever encountered. You still don't even realize that you have never answered the question. What business is it of yours what I want to do?

So you're wondering where you should look first.to find the kind of "climate idiot's playgound" you seek that doesn't allow any adult supervision to ruin the children's "pirate's fort" fantasy.

Frankly I don't think you're going to readily find one. Your religion is in its death throes and attention-seeking hucksters like DRTKS are finding it harder and harder to find gullibles like yourself that need to be manipulated into buying what they're selling.

Maybe your best bet would be to start your own forum "The Science-Free Zone" in which you could ban people for alluding to Stefan-Boltzmann.

Otherwise you could look up trafn's work on this site and take a similar meltdown approach.

Yeah, you've got a tough one there. I wish you the best.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
05-09-2016 19:03
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1250)
branner wrote:
Please note that personal attacks are not welcome on Climate-Debate.com. I know that the forum has not been moderated so much lately, but users have been banned before, and that could easily happen again.

Therefore: Stop talking about mental illnesses or calling each other names. Surface Detail had a good advice, which I would like to copy: "Stay calm, ignore the abuse, and stick to the science."

Please send me a Private Message if something needs my immediate attention.

And to the new users: Welcome to Climate-Debate.com. I'm fully aware that this can be a tough place, but I hope you will help pushing it in a good direction. I still hope to get more time to moderate soon.


It can be actually refreshing to allow a bit of slagging going on. Makes a change from all the other forums.
05-09-2016 19:26
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
IBdaMann wrote:
Hank wrote:You may well be the dumbest person I've ever encountered. You still don't even realize that you have never answered the question. What business is it of yours what I want to do?

So you're wondering where you should look first.to find the kind of "climate idiot's playgound" you seek that doesn't allow any adult supervision to ruin the children's "pirate's fort" fantasy.

Frankly I don't think you're going to readily find one. Your religion is in its death throes and attention-seeking hucksters like DRTKS are finding it harder and harder to find gullibles like yourself that need to be manipulated into buying what they're selling.

Maybe your best bet would be to start your own forum "The Science-Free Zone" in which you could ban people for alluding to Stefan-Boltzmann.

Otherwise you could look up trafn's work on this site and take a similar meltdown approach.

Yeah, you've got a tough one there. I wish you the best.


.


So you really are the dumbest person I've ever met. And you keep proving it every time you post to my cut and paste. LOL What business is it of yours what I want to do?
05-09-2016 22:00
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
Hank wrote:So you really are the dumbest person I've ever met. And you keep proving it every time you post to my cut and paste. LOL What business is it of yours what I want to do?

I see you really want to learn about how warmizombies are so easily manipulated, how easily it is to just string them along for amusement or for political purposes.

I think you hit the nail on the head. They can be molded like Play-Doh. They WANT others molding their thinking for them so they don't have to do any of the hard mental labor themselves.

They can be formed into virtually anything, into believing any WACKY violation of physics. As you have discovered from your own manipulation, your ability to think for yourself atrophies and whenever you realize your deeply embedded dogma is embarrassingly wrong, all you can do is become frustrated and angry, but you always allow the stringing-along and the entertaining to continue.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
05-09-2016 22:42
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
IBdaMann wrote:
Hank wrote:So you really are the dumbest person I've ever met. And you keep proving it every time you post to my cut and paste. LOL What business is it of yours what I want to do?

I see you really want to learn about how warmizombies are so easily manipulated, how easily it is to just string them along for amusement or for political purposes.

I think you hit the nail on the head. They can be molded like Play-Doh. They WANT others molding their thinking for them so they don't have to do any of the hard mental labor themselves.

They can be formed into virtually anything, into believing any WACKY violation of physics. As you have discovered from your own manipulation, your ability to think for yourself atrophies and whenever you realize your deeply embedded dogma is embarrassingly wrong, all you can do is become frustrated and angry, but you always allow the stringing-along and the entertaining to continue.


.


LOL What business is it of yours what I want to do?
05-09-2016 23:12
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
Hank wrote:LOL What business is it of yours what I want to do?

You still haven't figured it out?


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
05-09-2016 23:14
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
IBdaMann wrote:
Hank wrote:LOL What business is it of yours what I want to do?

You still haven't figured it out?


LOL What business is it of yours what I want to do?
05-09-2016 23:18
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
Hank wrote:LOL What business is it of yours what I want to do?

So you're still working on it.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-09-2016 00:19
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
IBdaMann wrote:
Hank wrote:LOL What business is it of yours what I want to do?

So you're still working on it.


.

I'm starting to wonder about your obsession with me. It seems a little unnatural.

What business is it of yours what I want to do?
06-09-2016 00:56
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
Hank wrote:I'm starting to wonder about your obsession with me. It seems a little unnatural.

The stupidest of posters resort to this very assertion. That means you are by no means the first. I can hook you up with some of the others.

Hank wrote:What business is it of yours what I want to do?

Why do you ask?


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-09-2016 01:55
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Why are you even having this stupid argument? IBdaMann is a wind-up merchant. That's what he does and that's what he loves. You obviously know your science, Hank, so stick to that. Let the lurkers decide what makes sense.
06-09-2016 03:00
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
Hank wrote:I'm starting to wonder about your obsession with me. It seems a little unnatural.

IBdaMann wrote:
The stupidest of posters resort to this very assertion. That means you are by no means the first. I can hook you up with some of the others.


I'm beginning to understand why they would make that assertion with you. It's getting a little weird.

What business is it of yours what I want to do?
06-09-2016 03:10
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
Surface Detail wrote:
Why are you even having this stupid argument? IBdaMann is a wind-up merchant. That's what he does and that's what he loves. You obviously know your science, Hank, so stick to that. Let the lurkers decide what makes sense.


I've been here about two months Surface and I'm about through. I can see that it's basically just a few guys that barely understand any science and just need to prop themselves up with each other's posts. But I've actually learned a few things from you and a few others that actually understand science. And someone PM'd me with a suggestion on another site where they actually debate science. You know I assume it takes quite a bit of work for whoever started this site and it's a shame it doesn't attract that many that are interested in real science.

Anyway I'm not arguing with IBdaMann, I'm just pasting the same thing over and over to see how many times he is going to fall for it. It not costing me any time. Anyway it's been a pleasure reading your post and maybe I'll see you again somewhere.
06-09-2016 03:13
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
Hank wrote:What business is it of yours what I want to do?

You don't consider your pointless fixation a bit wierd? I do, but I'm having fun with it.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-09-2016 03:17
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
Hank wrote: I can see that it's basically just a few guys that barely understand any science and just need to prop themselves up with each other's posts. .

This level of scientific illiteracy-induced denial is worth the price of admission.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-09-2016 03:18
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
IBdaMann wrote:
Hank wrote:What business is it of yours what I want to do?

You don't consider your pointless fixation a bit wierd? I do, but I'm having fun with it.


.


Well I'm not used to this kind of attention from a guy. I'm out of here before you take it any further.
06-09-2016 12:55
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
Hank wrote: I'm out of here before you take it any further.

Is this your way of saying that you are dropping your pointless fixation?

So, did you want to get back to Stefan-Boltzmann? In your own view, how do understand how "greenhouse effect" works? You can speak freely about your understanding, this is a low-threat environment.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-09-2016 15:46
spot
★★★★☆
(1017)
IBdaMann wrote:
Hank wrote: I can see that it's basically just a few guys that barely understand any science and just need to prop themselves up with each other's posts. .

This level of scientific illiteracy-induced denial is worth the price of admission.


.

Considering you could amuse yourself by reading textbooks or anything about planetary atmospheres published in the last 150+ years, why here?
06-09-2016 17:30
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
spot wrote:Considering you could amuse yourself by reading textbooks or anything about planetary atmospheres published in the last 150+ years, why here?

Sure, but here I get religious cognitive dissonance that I just can't find in books. You have to admit that the intellectual cowardice in this forum is Major League, of the sort I'm not going to find just anywhere.

What is the effect of sneaking up on a warmizombie with Stefan-Boltzmann? Answer and Answer.



.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-09-2016 19:28
spot
★★★★☆
(1017)
If only you could go back in time and tell Tyndall about Stefan-Boltzmann you would have saved us all and you would have to find some other issue to post multiple unfunny posts on the same theme every waking hour of the day about on a barely moderated talk-board about. I have a suggestion, Why not try putting your super-genius musings on the wall of your local shit-house it probably will be more permanent.
06-09-2016 19:36
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3109)
spot wrote:If only you could go back in time and tell Tyndall about Stefan-Boltzmann

If only you could go back in time and tell both Stefan and Boltzmann how irresponsible they were for not factoring your religion into their science, we might have had a completely identical science to what we have today.

Go learn something. Come back and tell us what it is.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-09-2016 19:55
spot
★★★★☆
(1017)
Considering that wikipedia says; "The law was deduced by Josef Stefan (1835–1893) in 1879 on the basis of experimental measurements made by John Tyndall" Stefan probably knew about Tyndalls statements about the atmosphere, if his work disproved it why did he not mention it?

Of course your reply will be sneering and full of stupid assertions and insinuations and probably contain your personal invented pejorative; "Warmzombies" (haha very funny) but you and I both know the real reason why Josef Stefan did not address this point, because he did not disprove the "Greenhouse Effect" or whatever you want to call it. Only an idiot would think he did.

Troll
06-09-2016 20:53
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5875)
Hank wrote:
[Anyway I'm not arguing with IBdaMann, I'm just pasting the same thing over and over to see how many times he is going to fall for it. It not costing me any time.


So you openly admit to spamming the forum, do you?


The Parrot Killer
07-09-2016 02:27
Leafsdude
★☆☆☆☆
(133)
Please note that personal attacks are not welcome on Climate-Debate.com. I know that the forum has not been moderated so much lately, but users have been banned before, and that could easily happen again.


I probably shouldn't do this, but I have PMed you about it and received no response, so I feel a need to bring this up publicly:

IMO, any and all attempts to question the authenticity of one's posting, being it baselessly claiming trolling, asserting lying or intentional misleading of facts or otherwise arguing that a claim is false because the person posting it isn't being honest only leads to discussion about individuals and not legitimate debate.

Threads like this one and many others like it do a great disservice to anyone, on either side, looking to have an honest debate. No one should have their thoughtfully expressed ideas tossed aside unceremoniously, let alone without a reasonably similar thoughtful response, even if the content from either (or both) sides is flawed.

In short, I think this place would see a great improvement with even minimal moderation where any post that suggests, explicitly or otherwise, that a post is intentionally deceitful is deleted, as such posts, from my viewpoint as a relatively new poster, is way too common around here.


The rest of the context from IBdaMann's quote:

"Raw data does not show accurate trends. As many deniers like to state, using raw data would not account for effects like the Urban Heat Island effect or El Nino's and La Nina's (though the latter can and does show up even when the data is modified) as well as basic noise from normal, natural changes in yearly weather patterns. This is why climatologists use anomalous temperature events rather than actual temperatures, as they've proven to be more accurate at showing trends."
Edited on 07-09-2016 02:47
Page 1 of 212>





Join the debate New Posters beware!:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Eisenhower was right - beware us1316-10-2015 18:07
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2017 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact