Remember me
▼ Content

Multilayer nature of atmosphere explains global warming

Multilayer nature of atmosphere explains global warming18-09-2016 01:35
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
The atmosphere has multiple layers. This is often ignored by simple calculations that GW-skeptics/GW-deniers/GW-purple unicorns from outer space ignore. (That last part was a reference to how nobody can decide what they want to called as a group.)

The radiation of energy from the Earth system occurs at a layer of the atmosphere that is high enough to not have too much gas above it to obstruct the radiation. An increase in greenhouses changes the "emission layer" upward. Since upward generally means cooler, this decreases the energy emitted.

"Heads on a science
Apart" - Coldplay, The Scientist

IBdaMann wrote:
No, science doesn't insist that, ergo I don't insist that.

I am the Ninja Scientist! Beware!
18-09-2016 04:05
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
jwoodward48 wrote:
The atmosphere has multiple layers. This is often ignored by simple calculations that GW-skeptics/GW-deniers/GW-purple unicorns from outer space ignore.

Stefan-Boltzmann says that atmospheric "layers" don't matter in the body's temperature.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
18-09-2016 04:49
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
SB only concerns the radiation from the surface of a gray body when it is applied naively. More complicated situations require more complicated applications. You are seriously the only person who thinks that SB can be naively applied to the Earth and produce a usable result.
18-09-2016 06:26
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
Eugh, that was written awfully. Here's a version with better grammar:

When you naively apply SB, you are only correct in the simple gray body situation. More complex situations require more nuanced equations and models. The entire scientific branch based around modeling the climate would like to have a word.
Edited on 18-09-2016 06:27
18-09-2016 10:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
jwoodward48 wrote:
Eugh, that was written awfully. Here's a version with better grammar:

When you naively apply SB, you are only correct in the simple gray body situation. More complex situations require more nuanced equations and models. The entire scientific branch based around modeling the climate would like to have a word.

Another condescending statement by you.

I could give a rat's ass what word they would like to have with either of us.

People who deny science are not being scientists, not even if they are 'professional' scientists.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-09-2016 10:25
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
But how are they denying science? Are they denying your naive use of a law? Geez, ButthurtTheNight, that must mean you're right.
18-09-2016 20:23
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
jwoodward48 wrote:
But how are they denying science? Are they denying your naive use of a law? Geez, ButthurtTheNight, that must mean you're right.

Stay out of bars. You will get damaged talking like that. You will have earned every bit of it.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-09-2016 20:42
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
I would love to meet you in a bar, not to give you a knuckle sandwich, just to laugh my arse at you you pompous twat.
18-09-2016 22:16
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
I don't plan on spending much time around people as an adult unless I have to. I'm very introverted. Bars are out of the question.

You can't hurt anything but my feelings. And even that is difficult, as I can walk away at any time. This is where I go to show what I REALLY think about people like you.

Join the debate Multilayer nature of atmosphere explains global warming:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Layers of the Atmosphere as Viewed in Blue2227-01-2024 23:16
upper atmosphere temp21207-10-2023 19:02
What Is Quantum Entanglement? A Physicist Explains QE for really dumb people2428-10-2022 19:48
The Public Cure For COVID SARS-COV-2 Is Reconnect With Nature Earth114-01-2022 19:13
ppm CO2 in atmosphere3312-03-2021 02:47
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact