Remember me
▼ Content

More intense droughts and precipitation

More intense droughts and precipitation24-05-2018 22:40
LikeanImon
☆☆☆☆☆
(4)
Hi,

as we all know, due to higher temperatures more water evaporates from the ocean and lakes. The additional water vapor comes down and produces more rainfall.
But when there is more precipitation, how is it possible that droughts are becoming more intensive?

Can someone explain this? :/
24-05-2018 22:54
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
LikeanImon wrote:
Hi,

as we all know, due to higher temperatures more water evaporates from the ocean and lakes. The additional water vapor comes down and produces more rainfall.
But when there is more precipitation, how is it possible that droughts are becoming more intensive?

Seattle, Wa. is an example of this I think. We have to ask itn. Only he knows the correct answer and if anyone says anything he will correct them.
24-05-2018 22:57
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
It is not possible to determine the temperature of Earth's oceans. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. It is not possible to measure the precipitation on the entire Earth. It is not possible to measure the intensity of droughts on the Earth.

There is nothing to explain.
24-05-2018 23:00
(21599)
James___ wrote:
LikeanImon wrote:
Hi,

Seattle, Wa. is an example of this I think. We have to ask itn. Only he knows the correct answer and if anyone says anything he will correct them.

Seattle is not experiencing a drought. It's rains are a result of moist air from the sea typically arriving as weak warm fronts. There is no mountain in the way to force the air to rise and squeeze out the water.Those fronts often develop in the tropics just off Hawaii.

We call it the 'pineapple express'.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-05-2018 23:27
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
LikeanImon wrote:
Hi,

Seattle is not experiencing a drought. It's rains are a result of moist air from the sea typically arriving as weak warm fronts. There is no mountain in the way to force the air to rise and squeeze out the water.Those fronts often develop in the tropics just off Hawaii.

You missed it teacher / corrector / itn. The drought in the southwest has lasted for almost 2 decades while Seattle is setting records for rainfall. But you are right because we have to accept what you say.
24-05-2018 23:37
(21599)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
LikeanImon wrote:
Hi,

You missed it teacher / corrector / itn. The drought in the southwest has lasted for almost 2 decades while Seattle is setting records for rainfall. But you are right because we have to accept what you say.

Seattle is not setting records for rainfall any more than usual.

The American southwest is a desert. Haven't you noticed?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-05-2018 23:49
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
LikeanImon wrote:
Hi,

Seattle is not setting records for rainfall any more than usual.

The American southwest is a desert. Haven't you noticed?

I accept what you said.

Join the debate More intense droughts and precipitation:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Confirmed: Global floods, droughts worsening with warming9923-03-2023 01:50
Droughts Continue in the West3601-06-2021 19:33
Wildfires, Flooding and Droughts Could Make Climate Change an Issue in 2020. Some Are Pushing for It to B106-03-2019 21:44
Has global warming actually been caused by droughts?625-02-2019 08:26
IS GLOBAL PRECIPITATION INCREASING?331-12-2016 12:49
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact