Remember me
▼ Content

Methods of shutting down democratic debate

Methods of shutting down democratic debate02-03-2018 11:25
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
The usual method you will imediately think of is the classic Fascist repression. Take those pesky interlectuals away and torture them a bit.

But in our society that is noticed and not allowed to happen. We are wise to it.

Another method is the spewing out of gibberish pretending to be on the same side as the people causing trouble. So when Black people in America demand decent, equal treatment before the law; get a load of hyper-shouty nasty Black revolutionaries to shout all over the place and look nasty so that the reasonable demands will have no room to be thought about.

Here we have Litesong doing just that. If he thinks he is in any way contributing to any sort of interlectual debate he is more mad than any person ever. Clearly he is not doing that and knows it. So what is his purpose?

There are obviously others here with a similar polluting methodology.

Fortunately this is a tiny never will ammount to much site so it does not matter. At least it will never matter whilst the level of moderation is the same as now.

Edited on 02-03-2018 11:26
06-03-2018 17:25
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tim the plumber wrote:
The usual method you will imediately think of is the classic Fascist repression. Take those pesky interlectuals away and torture them a bit.

But in our society that is noticed and not allowed to happen. We are wise to it.

Another method is the spewing out of gibberish pretending to be on the same side as the people causing trouble. So when Black people in America demand decent, equal treatment before the law; get a load of hyper-shouty nasty Black revolutionaries to shout all over the place and look nasty so that the reasonable demands will have no room to be thought about.

Here we have Litesong doing just that. If he thinks he is in any way contributing to any sort of interlectual debate he is more mad than any person ever. Clearly he is not doing that and knows it. So what is his purpose?

Fortunately this is a tiny never will ammount to much site so it does not matter. At least it will never matter whilst the level of moderation is the same as now.

On university campuses all over this country they have extreme leftist and extremist Muslims speaking weekly. Not one complaint. But if a right-wing speaker appears he is actually physically attacked. At the University of California in Berkeley they had a series of riots in which ALL of the local businesses were broken into a looted as a "form of protest".

This is litebrain from top to bottom.

The Earth receives the same amount of energy every day. That means that if it is cold in the mid latitudes the energy is often routed northwards causing lower arctic ice field expanses. He could care less about that. He is going to prove AGW by saying it was warm yesterday in Kenya.

Like all NAZI's he will get his way. As long as he remains anonymous.
06-03-2018 18:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Wake wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:

On university campuses all over this country they have extreme leftist and extremist Muslims speaking weekly. Not one complaint. But if a right-wing speaker appears he is actually physically attacked. At the University of California in Berkeley they had a series of riots in which ALL of the local businesses were broken into a looted as a "form of protest".

The Earth receives the same amount of energy every day. That means that if it is cold in the mid latitudes the energy is often routed northwards causing lower arctic ice field expanses. He could care less about that. He is going to prove AGW by saying it was warm yesterday in Kenya.

Wake,
Unfortunately my father had many first hand experiences with Nazi's. It seems today that few people actually knew what they were like or how they thought. One example that is easy to demonstrate is that Nazi's did not allow for the 1st Amendment that the United States has.
..Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances..

..You see Wake, when people become abusive to claim that others have no right to post their own opinion, this is something that a real Nazi would support. This is because they were in power and people were going to support them. My father had a friend who was sent to a camp for the remainder of WW II because his behavior needed to be corrected. He and my father trashed a Norwegian doctor's home who gave medical care to Nazi's. They caught my father's friend but not my father.
..Even this thread could be a poorly concealed attempt at limiting free speech by trying to discredit any person whose opinion disagrees with the author of this thread. After all, if anyone is willing to consider that AGW is happening then any support for it could be seen as trashing the opinions of those who simply don't care about what we're doing to our planet.
Edited on 06-03-2018 18:13
06-03-2018 20:00
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Wake wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:

Facisism rather than Nazism. That is the wish to repress contrairy views.

Nazi has the racist element in front.
06-03-2018 20:50
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:

Wake,
Unfortunately my father had many first hand experiences with Nazi's. It seems today that few people actually knew what they were like or how they thought. One example that is easy to demonstrate is that Nazi's did not allow for the 1st Amendment that the United States has.
..Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances..

..You see Wake, when people become abusive to claim that others have no right to post their own opinion, this is something that a real Nazi would support. This is because they were in power and people were going to support them. My father had a friend who was sent to a camp for the remainder of WW II because his behavior needed to be corrected. He and my father trashed a Norwegian doctor's home who gave medical care to Nazi's. They caught my father's friend but not my father.
..Even this thread could be a poorly concealed attempt at limiting free speech by trying to discredit any person whose opinion disagrees with the author of this thread. After all, if anyone is willing to consider that AGW is happening then any support for it could be seen as trashing the opinions of those who simply don't care about what we're doing to our planet.

The NAZI's, EXACTLY like the liberals and the "environmentalists", allowed free speech - as long as it was word for word exactly their policies. This is what litebrain and the rest of this True Believers are doing. This is WHY they use "97% of all scientists" business. The only word is The Word.

You think that criticism is interfering with free speech but you completely ignore the word for word repetition of the Warmies without so much as a clue what they are talking about.

I suggest you talk to your father. I was a hell of a lot closer to that war than you. I listened on the radio to transmissions from Germany translated. I heard it all.

In childhood by best friend was a Japanese/American who had spend all of his younger years in FDR's NAZI concentration camps. My classmate - his younger sister was born there. His father died from a broken heart and poor health care. I suggest you don't tell me about NAZI's.
06-03-2018 21:59
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:

Wake,

The NAZI's, EXACTLY like the liberals and the "environmentalists", allowed free speech - as long as it was word for word exactly their policies. This is what litebrain and the rest of this True Believers are doing. This is WHY they use "97% of all scientists" business. The only word is The Word.

You think that criticism is interfering with free speech but you completely ignore the word for word repetition of the Warmies without so much as a clue what they are talking about.

I suggest you talk to your father. I was a hell of a lot closer to that war than you. I listened on the radio to transmissions from Germany translated. I heard it all.

In childhood by best friend was a Japanese/American who had spend all of his younger years in FDR's NAZI concentration camps. My classmate - his younger sister was born there. His father died from a broken heart and poor health care. I suggest you don't tell me about NAZI's.

I suggest you stop making shit up.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-03-2018 23:23
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Wake wrote:

The NAZI's, EXACTLY like the liberals and the "environmentalists", allowed free speech - as long as it was word for word exactly their policies.

Wake,
..That is wrong on so many levels that it only suggests that you must be ignorant.

..This is also more ignorance;
I suggest you talk to your father. I was a hell of a lot closer to that war than you.

..Many people in my family lived under German rule. They do know what it was like. You say you heard a translation on the radio but never spoke to a Nazi in German. Yet you say;
I listened on the radio to transmissions from Germany translated. I heard it all.
and
I suggest you don't tell me about NAZI's.

..And to think this is all because people like yourself and Tim the plumber are supposed to be victims of fascism. yet neither one of you will show any evidence that AGW is not happening. To merely say "I don't think it's happening, prove it to me if it is" is not what a reasonable person would say.
..With what I posted about KwH/m^2 of electricity being used, it's easy enough to do the math. And in the U.S. 25% of the U.S. population lives between Washington, D.C. and Boston, Massachusetts. That's a lot of heat at
total U.S.
U.S.,....................12,987..........318.6 million

..or
..KwH 1,035,450,000,000 used/released in 1 year in the attached image where the purple line is. That is about 25% of the U.S. population.
Attached image:

Edited on 06-03-2018 23:25
07-03-2018 11:19
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:

The NAZI's, EXACTLY like the liberals and the "environmentalists", allowed free speech - as long as it was word for word exactly their policies.

Wake,
..That is wrong on so many levels that it only suggests that you must be ignorant.

I suggest you talk to your father. I was a hell of a lot closer to that war than you.

..Many people in my family lived under German rule. They do know what it was like. You say you heard a translation on the radio but never spoke to a Nazi in German. Yet you say;
I listened on the radio to transmissions from Germany translated. I heard it all.
and

..And to think this is all because people like yourself and Tim the plumber are supposed to be victims of fascism. yet neither one of you will show any evidence that AGW is not happening. To merely say "I don't think it's happening, prove it to me if it is" is not what a reasonable person would say.
..With what I posted about KwH/m^2 of electricity being used, it's easy enough to do the math. And in the U.S. 25% of the U.S. population lives between Washington, D.C. and Boston, Massachusetts. That's a lot of heat at
total U.S.

..or
..KwH 1,035,450,000,000 used/released in 1 year in the attached image where the purple line is. That is about 25% of the U.S. population.

1, I would not define myself as being the victim of Fascism.

2, What is your point about electricla power use in the Eastern US seaboard?
07-03-2018 17:20
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Tim the plumber wrote:

2, What is your point about electrical power use in the Eastern US seaboard?

Tim,
All of the heat produced by work in KwH is converted into heat. This heat flows right up the Gulf Stream. Also any power plant using water for coolant on the Eastern seaboard is also raising the temperature of the Gulf Stream itself. Both examples fall within what is considered AGW.

...converted into BTU's which is the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit.
3,533,102,062,800,000 that is a lot of heat.
Edited on 07-03-2018 17:51
07-03-2018 19:27
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tim the plumber wrote:
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake,

and

total U.S.

..or

2, What is your point about electricla power use in the Eastern US seaboard?

This is another one of James colorful interpretations of how he knows something by having heard from someone that heard from someone that heard from someone. My grandfather who used to bounce me on his knee spoke Yiddish. He had cleared out of Austria early and wasn't effected by the holocaust but I wonder about his family. And to make matters worse - his name is that of the Austrian aristocracy. Whenever he went back to Seattle after a visit it would take weeks before the only words I could speak were Yiddish obscenities.

The German speeches that they played on the radio were long after the war - I was born in 1944 before D-day, but they told you the story of what was actually going on. As all socialisms it started out as "we're going to GIVE you" and ended up with most of the population starving by the time the Allies marched into Berlin. When the Russians and the Allies were advancing the people would put white flags on their doorways to indicate they were non-combatants. The SS would go to these homes and kill the people inside of those residences.

The Wehrmacht was the regular Army. Paris had all of the great sites mined with bombs and the commander of Paris was ordered to destroy such things as the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe. Given the order to blow them up he Heil Hitler'd and did not follow those orders. Which was just as well for him. The great art treasures of France and smaller countries were looted by SS officers. When discovered, the Allies simply walked them up the street and shot them. Trial was too good for thieves in wartime. They are discovering looted artwork to this day.

The real French government and not the Vichy were captured and sent to a castle/jail in Austria I believe. AFTER Germany surrendered the countryside was alive with SS murdering people that looked like they might surrender. They attacked this castle to kill the captive politicians but the Wehrmacht and one SS officer fought them off almost to the last bullet before the Allies arrived and destroyed the SS. (I think that this was a black tank group which added insult to injury. FDR believed, like Woodrow Wilson and Truman, in segregation.) If memory serves this same SS Colonel was helping smuggle Jews out of Austria before they could be sent to the Death Camps. Some things were too much even for the worst of us. One never knows where honor may appear whether it was Audie Murphy or Sgt York. Of note - these French politicians were all enemies of each other and continued fighting politically and often quite dirty after the war.

DeGalle refused to take any real part in the invasion because he felt that he should have been the grand commander and not Gen. Eisenhower. So the French only played a minor role in freeing their own country! Mostly marching triumphantly into Paris.

Today we see the same political hogwash everywhere where the people don't count - only positions. Can you imagine that someone as moderate as Trump is cursed as a right wing extremist? That gives you the idea of just how far left the Democrats now are.
07-03-2018 19:33
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
All of the heat produced by work in KwH is converted into heat. This heat flows right up the Gulf Stream. Also any power plant using water for coolant on the Eastern seaboard is also raising the temperature of the Gulf Stream itself. Both examples fall within what is considered AGW.

...converted into BTU's which is the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit.

Other than the energy converted to work which can leave energy levels far too low to heat anything. And this energy is not inserted into the Gulf Stream unlike your idea it is spent into the atmosphere. You can see how effective it is at causing warmer climates here:

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/bomb-cyclone-mammoth-winter-storm-hits-northeast/
07-03-2018 21:44
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Methods of shutting down democratic debate......
///////
With the peso propagation of propaganda poop by wild eyed right wing authoritarian blowhards, now "don'T rump" says we don' neet no term limits na more. "don'T rump" declares himself "ruler forever". Democracy has run its course.... so says "don'T rump", king of 2000+ lies, whose universal wreckage of the U.S. gov't, parks, monuments, & many other lands is applauded by "re-pubic-lick-uns". With the Courts saying that re-pubic-lick-un's re-districting is illegal, the only way re-pubic-lick-uns won't have a major downturn in numbers come November elections, is if re-pubic-lick-uns cancel the vote all-to-gether.
07-03-2018 21:52
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
James___ wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:

Tim,

Have you tried to calculate the amount of heat that area of the world gets from the sun over the same time period?

You will find that the impact of humanity due to direct heating is tiny. Significant to 1 or 2 degrees c within cities especially at night or winter and further warming happens in the suburbs due to the effect of all that concrete and tarmac absorbing heat and cooling slowly and the loss of evaporation and transpiration, due tothe loss of trees and good drainage.
07-03-2018 22:43
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tim the plumber wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:

Tim,

Have you tried to calculate the amount of heat that area of the world gets from the sun over the same time period?

You will find that the impact of humanity due to direct heating is tiny. Significant to 1 or 2 degrees c within cities especially at night or winter and further warming happens in the suburbs due to the effect of all that concrete and tarmac absorbing heat and cooling slowly and the loss of evaporation and transpiration, due tothe loss of trees and good drainage.

Digging through papers I learned that temperature differences between inner large cities and rural areas surround this disappear completely in wind speeds over 27 kph or slightly less than 17 mph. The kicker is that the surrounding area does not warm so even very large urban areas with a great deal of heat storage and generation have NO effect on the surrounding area from mere mixing.
07-03-2018 23:02
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Tim the plumber wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:

Tim,

Tim,
Wake used to mention the heat island effect but quit doing so. I've seen a storm split into 2 different storms to bypass Atlanta, Ga. It takes a lot of energy to split a storm into 2 different parts.
..And once past Atlanta the storm merged back into 1 storm again. This means a lot of heat was being dumped into the upper atmosphere. This might be related;
http://theconversation.com/beast-from-the-east-and-freakishly-warm-arctic-temperatures-are-no-coincidence-92774
07-03-2018 23:03
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Wake wrote:

Digging through papers I learned that temperature differences between inner large cities and rural areas surround this disappear completely in wind speeds over 27 kph or slightly less than 17 mph. The kicker is that the surrounding area does not warm so even very large urban areas with a great deal of heat storage and generation have NO effect on the surrounding area from mere mixing.

Never said it did. It could warm the stratosphere. Heat has been known to rise.
07-03-2018 23:11
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Wake wrote:

This is another one of James colorful interpretations of how he knows something by having heard from someone that heard from someone that heard from someone. My grandfather who used to bounce me on his knee spoke Yiddish. He had cleared out of Austria early and wasn't effected by the holocaust but I wonder about his family. And to make matters worse - his name is that of the Austrian aristocracy. Whenever he went back to Seattle after a visit it would take weeks before the only words I could speak were Yiddish obscenities.

The German speeches that they played on the radio were long after the war - I was born in 1944 before D-day, but they told you the story of what was actually going on. As all socialisms it started out as "we're going to GIVE you" and ended up with most of the population starving by the time the Allies marched into Berlin. When the Russians and the Allies were advancing the people would put white flags on their doorways to indicate they were non-combatants. The SS would go to these homes and kill the people inside of those residences.

The Wehrmacht was the regular Army. Paris had all of the great sites mined with bombs and the commander of Paris was ordered to destroy such things as the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe. Given the order to blow them up he Heil Hitler'd and did not follow those orders. Which was just as well for him. The great art treasures of France and smaller countries were looted by SS officers. When discovered, the Allies simply walked them up the street and shot them. Trial was too good for thieves in wartime. They are discovering looted artwork to this day.

The real French government and not the Vichy were captured and sent to a castle/jail in Austria I believe. AFTER Germany surrendered the countryside was alive with SS murdering people that looked like they might surrender. They attacked this castle to kill the captive politicians but the Wehrmacht and one SS officer fought them off almost to the last bullet before the Allies arrived and destroyed the SS. (I think that this was a black tank group which added insult to injury. FDR believed, like Woodrow Wilson and Truman, in segregation.) If memory serves this same SS Colonel was helping smuggle Jews out of Austria before they could be sent to the Death Camps. Some things were too much even for the worst of us. One never knows where honor may appear whether it was Audie Murphy or Sgt York. Of note - these French politicians were all enemies of each other and continued fighting politically and often quite dirty after the war.

DeGalle refused to take any real part in the invasion because he felt that he should have been the grand commander and not Gen. Eisenhower. So the French only played a minor role in freeing their own country! Mostly marching triumphantly into Paris.

Today we see the same political hogwash everywhere where the people don't count - only positions. Can you imagine that someone as moderate as Trump is cursed as a right wing extremist? That gives you the idea of just how far left the Democrats now are.

Wake,
Now you're claiming to be Jewish because germany occupied Norway during WW II ? You shouldn't belittle what people who lived in occupied countries suffered.
..IMO you're about as fanatical as Hitler was. If you knew history then you would know that an election that he lost was held again to shut him up. He said the election process was rigged against him. That's how he got a seat in government which started his rise to power. If germans did not give into his rants then there might not have been a 3rd reich.
..It does tend to show that bullying tactics do work but not for a society, just individuals who want control over others.
Edited on 07-03-2018 23:17
07-03-2018 23:44
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:

Never said it did. It could warm the stratosphere. Heat has been known to rise.

Is this more of your "science"?
07-03-2018 23:46
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake,
Now you're claiming to be Jewish because germany occupied Norway during WW II ? You shouldn't belittle what people who lived in occupied countries suffered.
..IMO you're about as fanatical as Hitler was. If you knew history then you would know that an election that he lost was held again to shut him up. He said the election process was rigged against him. That's how he got a seat in government which started his rise to power. If germans did not give into his rants then there might not have been a 3rd reich.
..It does tend to show that bullying tactics do work but not for a society, just individuals who want control over others.

So you think that Yiddish is Norwegian. Interesting.
08-03-2018 00:06
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake,

Can you be any more bigoted ?
08-03-2018 00:27
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake,

Can you be any more bigoted ?

Bigoted: "having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others."

So, apparently, you believe you have the right to think that Yiddish is Norwegian?
08-03-2018 02:42
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Tim,
In the black triangle lives most of the population of the northern hemisphere.
It's upper most point is an area of the Arctic that remains ice free and is warming.
And with the U.S., 25% of it's population of about 323 million (2016) lives in it. In 2016 about 740 million people lived in Europe.
If you've ever noticed what I have posted, I don't mention the southern hemisphere much. Even during the last ice age it's temperature didn't change that much. If you remember the link I posted from an ice core researcher, the northern hemisphere can increase by 18° and since the guy is German I think he means C.
..The southern hemisphere by 5° in the other direction. And right now the United Kingdom is benefiting the most from climate change while the Pacific Northwest in the U.S. and Europe is starting to have heatwaves they haven't experienced before.
..What you don't understand is that no one has followed the heat from it's source (cities) to see how it affects the weather. industrialization does generate a significant amount.
>>Also you ignore the fact that I want to show that CO2 helps ozone in the stratosphere to occur. That is wildly unpopular with everyone.
Attached image:

Edited on 08-03-2018 02:55
08-03-2018 10:31
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
James___ wrote:
Tim,
It's upper most point is an area of the Arctic that remains ice free and is warming.
And with the U.S., 25% of it's population of about 323 million (2016) lives in it. In 2016 about 740 million people lived in Europe.
If you've ever noticed what I have posted, I don't mention the southern hemisphere much. Even during the last ice age it's temperature didn't change that much. If you remember the link I posted from an ice core researcher, the northern hemisphere can increase by 18° and since the guy is German I think he means C.
..The southern hemisphere by 5° in the other direction. And right now the United Kingdom is benefiting the most from climate change while the Pacific Northwest in the U.S. and Europe is starting to have heatwaves they haven't experienced before.
..What you don't understand is that no one has followed the heat from it's source (cities) to see how it affects the weather. industrialization does generate a significant amount.
>>Also you ignore the fact that I want to show that CO2 helps ozone in the stratosphere to occur. That is wildly unpopular with everyone.

If you were capable of doing the maths you would be fully aware of how little impact the direct heating from human activity is on the world.

Look up the energy of sunshine per square meter.

Then multiply this by the cross secional area of the earth.

Then look at the total human energy output.

Compare the 2.

Get a number about 1/1000th of the big sunshine number.
08-03-2018 16:54
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tim the plumber wrote:
If you were capable of doing the maths you would be fully aware of how little impact the direct heating from human activity is on the world.

Compare the 2.

It's like talking to a wall. By 2100 the estimate of power the world will consume is 43.0 TW A YEAR.

The amount of energy absorbed by the Earth per day is 174,000,000,000,000,000 watts which makes man's heat energy addition .00000007 parts per day.

James could easily have looked this up and done the math but now I'm getting the idea that he doesn't know how to do simple math.
08-03-2018 17:36
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Tim the plumber wrote:
James___ wrote:
Tim,

Compare the 2.

The problem with people like you is that you have the answer before you consider the problem. I thnk it's funny because while I say we need CO2 in the atmosphere you are attacking me because I think we can effect our environment.
08-03-2018 19:26
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Wake wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:

Compare the 2.

It's like talking to a wall. By 2100 the estimate of power the world will consume is 43.0 TW A YEAR.

The amount of energy absorbed by the Earth per day is 174,000,000,000,000,000 watts which makes man's heat energy addition .00000007 parts per day.

James could easily have looked this up and done the math but now I'm getting the idea that he doesn't know how to do simple math.

https://www.quora.com/How-much-conventional-energy-is-used-to-manufacture-a-solar-panel-say-250Wp-and-how-much-solar-energy-does-the-same-panel-generate-in-its-life-time

Now there are a few statements that find interesting:

https://www.quora.com/How-much-conventional-energy-is-used-to-manufacture-a-solar-panel-say-250Wp-and-how-much-solar-energy-does-the-same-panel-generate-in-its-life-time

I went to a solar panel trade show a couple of years ago. They gave exactly these same numbers but I was doubtful and cornered one of the engineers. He told me that year, that was a silly number and that his tests showed 5 years to 50% output. Let's give him the shadow of a doubt and double this.

So the other statements in this treatise say: "Based on data from our NH home and a worst-case scenario, it would take 29 years for a panel to recoup this 100% energy investment."

This analysis is heads up and I believe it to be pretty positive since I think that the lifespan of these panels appear to be a lot shorter than stated."I'm also assuming zero labor and manufacturing overhead, like factory equipment maintenance and rent." And "What's the lifetime of a solar panel? Nobody really knows yet, because the good ones made recently haven't worn out."

This analysis does NOT include the total amount of energy cost to manufacture, market, install and maintain these.

So we're looking at a minimum of some 50-60 years for these panels to pay themselves off under the most positive analysis.
08-03-2018 21:46
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Wake wrote:
Wake wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:

Compare the 2.

Then again I am currently building a wind turbine which, if it works, will make electricity cheaper than coal, I hope.

Now there are a few statements that find interesting:

I went to a solar panel trade show a couple of years ago. They gave exactly these same numbers but I was doubtful and cornered one of the engineers. He told me that year, that was a silly number and that his tests showed 5 years to 50% output. Let's give him the shadow of a doubt and double this.

So the other statements in this treatise say: "Based on data from our NH home and a worst-case scenario, it would take 29 years for a panel to recoup this 100% energy investment."

This analysis is heads up and I believe it to be pretty positive since I think that the lifespan of these panels appear to be a lot shorter than stated."I'm also assuming zero labor and manufacturing overhead, like factory equipment maintenance and rent." And "What's the lifetime of a solar panel? Nobody really knows yet, because the good ones made recently haven't worn out."

This analysis does NOT include the total amount of energy cost to manufacture, market, install and maintain these.

So we're looking at a minimum of some 50-60 years for these panels to pay themselves off under the most positive analysis.

Join the debate Methods of shutting down democratic debate:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Gravity Has Energy Debate3303-02-2024 17:02
We mourn the passing of climate debate.com1504-12-2023 17:11
Tell your old college professors to check out climate-debate.com for biogeochemistry30704-12-2023 15:34
climate-debate.com awaits 100th new member since my first post901-11-2023 22:45
LOL, Anheuser Busch is shutting down plants and laying off employees due to the woke fag bud light ads003-07-2023 03:36
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact