Remember me
▼ Content

Leaf loss from Irma

Leaf loss from Irma19-09-2017 04:49
still learning
★★☆☆☆
(244)
Landsat 8 has produced a couple of before and after images of the British Virgin Islands, green before and brown after hurricane Irma.

While I know that some kinds of trees and shrubs recover from total leaf loss (think winter) and some can't, got to wonder how long the brown will remain.

See http://blogs.agu.org/wildwildscience/2017/09/11/green-gone-bvi/
19-09-2017 06:37
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Hurricane Maria's got no more leaves to destroy on British Virgin Islands. It did blow the roof off the home of Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit. & the Cat 5 hurricane plowed right over the Island. Just warming up on smaller islands, before it scapes off larger islands.
Edited on 19-09-2017 06:39
20-09-2017 01:09
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
still learning wrote:
Landsat 8 has produced a couple of before and after images of the British Virgin Islands, green before and brown after hurricane Irma.

While I know that some kinds of trees and shrubs recover from total leaf loss (think winter) and some can't, got to wonder how long the brown will remain.

The Islands have flora and fauna evolved to the conditions there. And that includes hurricanes and extreme heat.

Showing leaf loss is nothing more than a scientific curiosity that will be watched closely by botanists.
20-09-2017 07:03
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Wake wrote:
still learning wrote:

The Islands have flora and fauna evolved to the conditions there. And that includes hurricanes and extreme heat.

Showing leaf loss is nothing more than a scientific curiosity that will be watched closely by botanists.

Quite true. Those islands will be green and pretty again before you know it.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-09-2017 22:27
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
[b]Into the Night wrote:..Those islands will be green and pretty again...

"First Hurricane Irma blew through," reported The Washington Post. "Then the electricity went out. Then a work crew made an error while working on a pump station in the sewage system. And soon, 2,000 gallons of raw sewage was spilling onto a quiet residential street of ranch houses in Edgewater, a town south of Daytona Beach."

The Post reported a similar incident taking place in Miami-Dade, with six million gallons of partially treated wastewater being discharged into Biscayne Bay.
////////
Transfer lots of the sewage spills in Florida to make "Those islands.... green and pretty again...".

Join the debate Leaf loss from Irma:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Covid-19 loss221-04-2020 09:59
NASA/GRACE lies about Greenland's ice mass loss1004-04-2020 23:16
ARTIFICIAL LEAF - The next big thing in the fight against climate change!1706-09-2018 19:56
Is there an equation available for black body irradiated heat loss vs. font?023-06-2018 10:01
The Loss of Confidence221-02-2018 00:52
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact