Remember me
▼ Content

Kindness

Kindness28-07-2017 02:42
StarMan
★☆☆☆☆
(88)
Name-calling is quite common in forums such as this. In fact, name-calling is far more common than kindness. How hard is it to be kind to others even when you both disagree? Perhaps we can all practice. Post something here that is helpful and kind to everyone. Have you solved a problem in a useful and unique way that others might use? I'll start with this suggestion. Everyone has a checking account. Keeping them balanced requires constant monitoring, subtraction, and adjustment. So simplify. Pay $100 on small bills, and the next few months, you will have a credit balance and won't have to write another check or make another entry for your internet banking.

It sure is quick and easy to subtract 100 from your account balance, and you'll have fewer entries to boot.

House payment? Round up to the next $100 amount. This pays down your principal putting money in the bank for you.

Your ideas and kindness are most welcome.

Ignore List: Surface Detail, litesong, spot, Into The Night
08-12-2017 20:13
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
StarMan wrote:
Name-calling is quite common in forums such as this. In fact, name-calling is far more common than kindness. How hard is it to be kind to others even when you both disagree? Perhaps we can all practice. Post something here that is helpful and kind to everyone. Have you solved a problem in a useful and unique way that others might use? I'll start with this suggestion. Everyone has a checking account. Keeping them balanced requires constant monitoring, subtraction, and adjustment. So simplify. Pay $100 on small bills, and the next few months, you will have a credit balance and won't have to write another check or make another entry for your internet banking.

It sure is quick and easy to subtract 100 from your account balance, and you'll have fewer entries to boot.

House payment? Round up to the next $100 amount. This pays down your principal putting money in the bank for you.

I have to admit that I use name calling far too frequently. But it isn't for want of trying to use civil conversation. litebrain and monckton are insane and ignoring them competely isn't too difficult if they weren't the majority posters here. Nightmare is another matter. He attempts to use civil conversation but is entirely incorrect more than three quarters of the time and even when he is corrected he will respond that you're wrong despite your ability to show multiple research papers showing otherwise. He simply calls them "holy links" and discounts them.

The question is how to we hold civil conversations and debates when the majority of postings are from people that do not have a clue what they're talking about and their entire reason for being here is to smother conversation?
21-06-2019 01:25
bootesvoid
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
;)
24-06-2019 21:47
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
StarMan wrote:

This is kindness???

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-07-2019 05:28
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
Into the Night wrote:
StarMan wrote:

This is kindness???

How did you get on an ignore list that I did not?

I know I haven't suddenly become the good cop. Please explain this to me.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Join the debate Kindness:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact