Remember me
▼ Content

Jennifer Francis: Crazy Weather and the Arctic Meltdown

Jennifer Francis: Crazy Weather and the Arctic Meltdown25-05-2018 00:50
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
"Jennifer Francis, Ph.D., Research Professor I, Department of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, speaks about the question on everyone's minds: why is the weather so crazy? And is it related to climate change?

In this presentation, Dr. Francis will explain new research that links increasing extreme weather events with the rapidly warming and melting Arctic during recent decades. Evidence suggests that Arctic warming is causing weather patterns to become more persistent, which can lead to extremes such as droughts, cold spells, heat waves, and some flooding events."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtmuBoolHQg

"Bring us your sick and tired, your educated ..."
25-05-2018 00:58
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
monckton wrote:
"Jennifer Francis, Ph.D., Research Professor I, Department of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, speaks about the question on everyone's minds: why is the weather so crazy? And is it related to climate change?

In this presentation, Dr. Francis will explain new research that links increasing extreme weather events with the rapidly warming and melting Arctic during recent decades. Evidence suggests that Arctic warming is causing weather patterns to become more persistent, which can lead to extremes such as droughts, cold spells, heat waves, and some flooding events."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtmuBoolHQg

I'd say this is because of how much the polar vortex is shifting but it says there's no such thing as a polar vortex so I wouldn't have any idea why.
25-05-2018 06:45
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Jennifer Francis...
Evidence suggests that Arctic warming is causing weather patterns to become more persistent, which can lead to extremes such as droughts, cold spells, heat waves, and some flooding events.

I think hot cold wet and dry pretty much covers the weather anywhere. Wow, and people are just awestruck by her intelligence....sad.
Only 3 Oklahoma tornadoes this year. Lowest in recorded history. Just sayin.

You know, evidence suggest that having a credit card can lead to high cash flow, no cash flow, high debt, no debt, good spending habits and bad habits too. Wow, I'm a regular Rutgers genius.
25-05-2018 18:45
(436)
You come across like a meth head riding a cloned dollar card.
It's only May. Application rejected.
25-05-2018 19:33
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
OK, I've cut this down for you with just the key words so your head doesn't get too foggy with the lengthy read.

Evidence suggests that Arctic warming is causing droughts and flooding , cold and heat(hot
).

This sounds reasonable to you? I'm the crackhead?
25-05-2018 21:10
(436)
That's too short you're confusing me.
Can you pad it up to an hours read, like the presentation?
(Spice it up with some charts.)
25-05-2018 22:01
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Go back and look at the video. At 4:10 into it she talks about when she was in school around 1984.

Paraphrased quote...
Weather information at that time was limited, hard to get, didn't mean much and was pretty much wrong most of the time.

Then she spends the next hour comparing this bad data with today's data.

You didn't see a problem there?
25-05-2018 22:31
(436)
You could have at least done a drawing.
There's a thought have you regulars ever considered that?
Go radio silence one night and all sketch a cloud and submit that instead of jawing nonsense?

We're talking climate here not weather, but regardless, we've got good data now - but some people disagree with that, so who cares if we had great data back then - no doubt the talking point would be to deride it as 30 years old!

Anyway, maybe it was the lens - but I couldn't get over the size of her hands.
25-05-2018 23:27
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
monckton wrote:

We're talking climate here not weather,

Climate is by definition the average of all weather, dumbass.
26-05-2018 00:05
(436)
GasGuzzler wrote:

oh, you've done it now.
There's blood in the water, where is he ...

26-05-2018 00:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
GasGuzzler wrote:
monckton wrote:

We're talking climate here not weather,

Almost right.

Climate is typically defined as something similar to 'weather over a long time'. This could be said to be the 'average' of weather, except that weather is not a numerical value.

Since climate is related to weather, this tends to imply a regional thing, since weather is regional in scope. There is no such thing as a 'global' weather, so there is no such thing as a global climate.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-05-2018 01:26
(436)
If only extreme weather events were so predictable.
26-05-2018 02:37
(21559)
monckton wrote:

They generally are, within 24 hours of the event.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-05-2018 03:58
(436)
I've got it down to minutes.
26-05-2018 07:02
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Into the Night wrote:
Almost right.

Climate is typically defined as something similar to 'weather over a long time'.

The average of all meteorological variables in a given region over long periods of time. Can we agree on that?

This could be said to be the 'average' of weather, except that weather is not a numerical value.

Agree. Weather is a multitude of numerical values, which is why it is so ridiculous to try and pin any local change or event in the weather on ANY one factor, be it a legitimate player or not.
Edited on 26-05-2018 07:06
26-05-2018 07:09
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
monckton wrote:
We're talking climate here not weather

monckton wrote:

26-05-2018 20:36
(21559)
GasGuzzler wrote:
The average of all meteorological variables in a given region over long periods of time. Can we agree on that?

Sure. It's close enough a definition to how it's usually defined.

The Parrot Killer

27-05-2018 01:39
(436)
GasGuzzler wrote:
monckton wrote:
We're talking climate here not weather

monckton wrote:

I won't even dignify that with a response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09-GbpOd9T4

Join the debate Jennifer Francis: Crazy Weather and the Arctic Meltdown:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
weather2727-02-2024 22:55
The Weather, Climate Change Are Revealing The Truth Of This Corrupt Society System5010-01-2023 16:48
UN weather report: Climate woes bad and getting worse faster108-11-2022 18:24
The 100 Year Weather Forecast1113-09-2022 16:19
Meteorologists are getting better at forecasting "extreme weather events"4223-08-2022 20:58
Articles
Appendix B - Calculating The Economic Costs of Extreme Weather Events
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact