Remember me
▼ Content

It looks like sun spots decrease did cause the most recent little ice age

It looks like sun spots decrease did cause the most recent little ice age25-02-2019 16:02
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Less sun spots, less magnetic flux, weaker polar jet stream, colder winter, colder winter, cooler summer, ice build up in norther hemisphere, more albedo, negative temperature feedback. And if you look at the weakening polar jet stream due to diminishing sun spots happening right now, you get the idea what is going to cause the next little ice age which should start in about 10 to 20 years. We are getting record cold temperatures in northern hemisphere due to stronger polar vortex.
Edited on 25-02-2019 16:04
25-02-2019 19:27
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Less sun spots, less magnetic flux, weaker polar jet stream, colder winter, colder winter, cooler summer, ice build up in norther hemisphere, more albedo, negative temperature feedback. And if you look at the weakening polar jet stream due to diminishing sun spots happening right now, you get the idea what is going to cause the next little ice age which should start in about 10 to 20 years. We are getting record cold temperatures in northern hemisphere due to stronger polar vortex.

The jet stream isn't weakening. It hasn't changed it's position from the usual variations either. The 'polar vortex' is a news media term. Polar highs are normal. The 'vortex' is normal.

Ice ages occur due to changes in the eccentricity of Earth's orbit. We aren't due for another one for at least 40,000 years. We are currently moving toward a more circular orbit. We should get there in about 2000 years.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
25-02-2019 20:59
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

While the sunspots do cause increased solar activity and a general increase in the emission of the sun this is not a large effect. The changes in climate can be explained entirely by the sunspot activity combined with the Milankovitch Cycles.

The orbit of the Earth around the Sun is not perfectly round. And the orbit of the Moon can get in the way of the Sun's emissions. Also there is a tilt of the axis of the Earth that can place the Northern or the Southern hemispheres pointed more directly at the sun.

All of these things combine to cause most of the climate variations that are totally secondary to the cloud patterns which are caused by the moisture content of the atmosphere on this water planet.

http://www.drroyspencer.com/research-articles/global-warming-as-a-natural-response/
26-02-2019 00:34
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Wake wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

While the sunspots do cause increased solar activity
Sunspots ARE solar activity, Wake. One does not cause the other. They are the same thing.
Wake wrote:
and a general increase in the emission of the sun

Maybe. So far as we've measured, this seems to be true, but we haven't been measuring the output of the Sun for very long.
Wake wrote:
this is not a large effect.
[/quote]
The effect, if any, is unknown. There does, however, seem to be a correlation between sunspots and nicer weather.
Wake wrote:
The changes in climate can be explained entirely by the sunspot activity

There is no such thing as a global climate, Wake. There is no such thing as a global weather. I think you mean global temperature (which is unknown, but it certainly can vary).
Wake wrote:
combined with the Milankovitch Cycles.
Certainly one source of variance of global temperatures.
Wake wrote:
The orbit of the Earth around the Sun is not perfectly round.

Irrelevant, Wake. Seasons are not climate.
Wake wrote:
And the orbit of the Moon can get in the way of the Sun's emissions.

Only during an eclipse, Wake. That usually only lasts for a minute or two. I attended the totality of the last one in the U.S. Fantastic show!
Wake wrote:
Also there is a tilt of the axis of the Earth that can place the Northern or the Southern hemispheres pointed more directly at the sun.
[/quote]
Seasons are not climate, Wake.
Wake wrote:
All of these things combine to cause most of the climate variations
Seasons are not climate, Wake.
Wake wrote:
that are totally secondary to the cloud patterns
Cloud patterns follow their own variance and the seasons, Wake.
Wake wrote:
which are caused by the moisture content of the atmosphere on this water planet.

...deleted Holy Link this was regurgitated from...
[/quote]
It is not possible to measure the global humidity of Earth, Wake.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate It looks like sun spots decrease did cause the most recent little ice age:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The new President elect of Haagen Dazs, demonstrating an ice cream filled donut017-11-2023 14:07
Red Sun Images in England811-08-2023 22:20
Is the sun toxic?29323-10-2022 17:21
Co2 ice samples1102-06-2022 22:44
Arctic sea ice cover1909-04-2022 08:29
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact