Remember me
▼ Content

Is involuntary population control the answer to man-made climate change?

Is involuntary population control the answer to man-made climate change?10-10-2015 04:55
trafnProfile picture★★★☆☆
(779)
Most people who agree about the key components of M2C2 (man-made climate change) also agree that overpopulation is one of the major contributing factors to this problem. Logically, then, it would seem that population reduction would be a practical way to start solving it.

Unfortunately, the Chinese tried doing this with their one-child program which ended in disastrous results centering around the mass genocide of baby girls (culturally, baby boys were more highly valued, and if you could only have one baby... well, you get the idea).

Yet, even if we don't do it ourselves, other kinds of involuntary population control could occur as M2C2 evolves, including from:

1. Epidemics and plagues which happen as M2C2 alters the biosphere allowing previously non-pathogenic viruses and bacteria to become lethal contagions.

2. Droughts and famines causing wide-spread starvation, especially in equatorial regions.

3. M2C2 wars over food, territory and refugee displacement.

Maybe if the powers that be can convince the rest of us that we should just sit back and ignore M2C2, then over the coming decades enough people will be killed off, resulting in a gradual slowing down of, and then an end to, this problem.

Of course only a few billion people would probably be fortunate enough, and rich enough, to survive and enjoy this newly depopulated world.

Has anyone checked with the 99% to see how they feel about this?
11-10-2015 07:00
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14404)
trafn wrote:
Most people who agree about the key components of M2C2 (man-made climate change) also agree that overpopulation is one of the major contributing factors to this problem.

What are the "key components" and with whose definition of "climate"? I ask because most "climate" faithful use a definition that differs from yours.

Regarding the key components, if you wouldn't mind, please break them down into the following categories:
1) Major contributing factors
2) Major non-contributing factors
3) Minor contributing factors
4) Minor non-contributing factors

Thanks. That will make it easier to discuss.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-10-2015 16:47
(779)
Hi IBdaMann,

Why, yes, I'd love to have a discussion with you focused upon the key components of M2C2. However, this thread is about the possibility of M2C2 induced involuntary population control.

If you'd be willing to start a new thread about the key components, I'd be happy to consider participating in it.

As for this thread, I prefer to stay on topic.

The 2015 M2C2 (Global 9/11) Denialist Troll Awards

1st Place - Jep Branner - Our Stupid Administrator!
2nd Place - IBdaMann - Science IS cherry picking!
3rd Place - Into the Night - Mr. Nonsense numbers!
4th Place - Tim the plumber - The Drivel Queen!
11-10-2015 18:41
drm
★☆☆☆☆
(67)
Trafn - fertility rates are dropping the world over. They are already below replacement rates in many wealthier countries (which brings it's own challenges) but are dropping, sometimes precipitously, in almost every country. Fertility trends precede actual population trends so it is reasonable to think that the planet's human population will peak some time later this century if these trends continue. Voluntary assistance (family planning, etc) is all that is needed.

As to disastrous population crashes - such an event would bring such chaos and lack of rule of law that nobody including most of the wealthiest would be leading nice lives after it. Those who do the best would probably be in more remote parts of the world and with cultures that could hold together under such stresses. I'm thinking New Zealand for example. Poor people in rural areas who already have knowledge about living off the land might be in a much better situation than the rich who think they can buy everything they need. Once money becomes campfire kindling, they won't be so rich any more. But this is for a major population crash. AGW could very well lead to something less, like population declines regionally due to drought-caused agricultural failures in places that are barely producing enough food for their population as it is now, something that I think is very possible if we let a business-as-usual strategy continue wrt AGW.
Edited on 11-10-2015 18:47
11-10-2015 18:44
EarthlingProfile picture★☆☆☆☆
(107)
This forum appears to be suffering a bout of one man diarrhea, not attractive to prospective members.
11-10-2015 23:33
(779)
drm - Yes, those seem like possible moderate to bad spectrum possibilities. You can only wonder how far things will have to get (who or what will be AGW's "Rock Hudson") before the mainstream wakes up. The longer they stay asleep, the likelier it is well end at the worse end of that spectrum.

Earthling - Sorry you don't like the content here. If you disagree with what's being said, please let us know why, or perhaps start a new thread where we can all discuss it.

The 2015 M2C2 (Global 9/11) Denialist Troll Awards

1st Place - Jep Branner - Our Stupid Administrator!
2nd Place - IBdaMann - Science IS cherry picking!
3rd Place - Into the Night - Mr. Nonsense numbers!
4th Place - Tim the plumber - The Drivel Queen!

Join the debate Is involuntary population control the answer to man-made climate change?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
22 Reasons to be Skeptical of Man-Made Global Warming4724-04-2024 10:37
World Population627-03-2024 00:31
Pro-Palestinian protester arrested in death of Jewish man Paul Kessler. Told you so.016-11-2023 21:56
Global warming and the answer .122-09-2023 19:21
BREAKING NEWS- Woody Harrelson voted in as new Worlds smartest man003-03-2023 15:29
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact